The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna have to check when I download this tomorrow when I have access to a Windows computer, but I suspect that universal balancing is probably non-existent and gonna make it impossible to duel between different peoples' cards.

Just for the record, we have to say that we are adding cards, right?

Well, if so, I am!

Thanks ;)

I'm gonna have to check when I download this tomorrow when I have access to a Windows computer, but I suspect that universal balancing is probably non-existent and gonna make it impossible to duel between different peoples' cards.

It just depends on who you want to go up against and what you want to get out of this program. You could use it for testing the balance of cards, or just for kicks and giggles go up against a deck you know you'll probably lose to - it can still be fun ;)

If you wanted to really test your skill, then you could go up against someone with a deck of the same tier, that's probably one you'd have a chance against.

I was also thinking if people wanted to change their own cards they could PM me, as most problems here are solved.

This seems like an interesting project and I wish you the best of luck with it. I will be adding cards under the username Zoid. Also, I saw that you can only add up to 5 cards a day, that could be a problem when uploading sets :P

Unless its changed. But anyway, good luck with everything.

Honestly, this program will fail if there is no regulation of what cards are kept and what are removed. Seriously, cards like Bad Monday should be removed, asap.

Make a Ban List Council. That way, we can monitor bad cards and put them away for being broken or bad for the game at this point. Bad Monday actually does seem like a good card to go right now.

Honestly, this program will fail if there is no regulation of what cards are kept and what are removed. Seriously, cards like Bad Monday should be removed, asap.

I tried telling them that. Their idea is that it will self-regulate over time. I disagree, but I signed up anyway (as Almhjbat Wahd). I also added some of my cards (Exospheric Kill Vehicle, Explosive Trailer, Elemental Prism, Missile Shield, and Impending Doom). However, I can't find anyone for a duel...

Make a Ban List Council. That way, we can monitor bad cards and put them away for being broken or bad for the game at this point. Bad Monday actually does seem like a good card to go right now.

I'm up for that idea. Being a Judge and all certainly has its benefits, especially when it comes to cracking down on those broken cards.

[/arrogance]

I though the warning list was good enough, but eventually bad cards need to be gotten rid off (or modified) since everyone will eventually use them. Anyways, I think Duel portal needs a list to tell us who is on, who is ready for a duel, and who is viewing, editing, or making new cards.

Everyone's names added.

This seems like an interesting project and I wish you the best of luck with it. I will be adding cards under the username Zoid. Also, I saw that you can only add up to 5 cards a day, that could be a problem when uploading sets :P

Unless its changed. But anyway, good luck with everything.

However, I can't find anyone for a duel...

Hamachi will have everything you need. Check the OP.

Making a Community for balance is a good idea, and it was expected to happen soon. But for the sake of experiment, please hold off on controlling the card pool until necessary. We have some options that would still allow for people to play different tiers and test the balance of cards in duels (so instead of wondering why they can't use cards like Bad Monday, they can figure it out themselves)

Some options are:

* Ask the creator to make a suggestion to change their own card

* Ask me to change the Tier if it's really incorrect

* Make a close-knit community with your own banlist and don't duel anyone who doesn't abide to it (The warning list could identify them early)

^ I know that the last one could work because in my CCG, we have our own banlist that isn't supported with YVD. So if people want to duel they'd have to abide by that banlist, even though there's no "real" restrictions on putting a bunch of banned cards.

An hour later and after multiple restarts of le computer....

It still is not working... =|

Let's solve it by PM.

________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: Also, if anyone has a set they want to complete and the 5-card limit is getting in the way, PM the codes to me and i'll add them. Just as long as it's not like 100 cards :)

Tiers don't mean anything with this program. Heck, I made a pretty broken card myself just because it could be bearable to duel against people who have no idea how to make balanced cards. And made it tier 2. Where's the logic behind that?

Eh, true. And maybe more tier-oriented organization can happen later, but right now the program is pretty basic.

If you guys want to organize a single ban-list community, that's fine by me. The program right now can't enforce any of that but I'm sure most people will follow it.

Archived