Batman: Arkham Chaos [Started/Accepting/OOC]

Okay, got an app done. I removed any references to any canon DC events on the off chance that they didn't happen in this universe

[b]Username:[/b] TotalObelisk

[b]RP Name:[/b] Batgirl

[b]Real Name:[/b] Cassandra Cain

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Height:[/b] 5’5”

[b]Weight:[/b] 115 lbs (52 kg)

[b]Bio:[/b] The daughter of David Cain and Sandra Wu-San (Lady Shiva), Cassandra Cain was conceived and trained from birth with the intention of creating the perfect bodyguard for Ra's al Ghul. Trained by her father to be the ultimate weapon, Cassandra was not taught to speak. Instead, the parts of her brain normally used for speech were trained so she could read other people's movements and body language and predict, with uncanny accuracy, their next move. This also caused her brain to develop learning functions different from most, a form of dyslexia that hampers her ability to read and write. When she was 8 years old, Cain decided his experiment had progressed far enough for him to test Cassandra's abilities in the real world, and took her to a hit; the target being Faizul, a 'book man' in Macau. At the time Cassandra had no idea what she was doing and believed it was only a game. After striking a deathblow, she "read" the target as he died, and saw death as he saw it. In addition to scarring her emotionally, she realized murder, like her father's profession, was wrong, and she ran away from her father. Cassandra spent the next nine years homeless, beating herself up mentally over what she'd done as she traveled the world. Entering Gotham City at 17 Cassandra came to be taken in by Oracle who tried to help her overcome her guilt as well as teach her spoken language. After saving Commissioner Gordon's life from her assassin father, she was given the Batgirl costume with the approval of both Batman and Oracle. She became Barbara's ward and in a sense, the Batman's adoptive daughter.

[b]Personality:[/b] Cassandra rarely speaks, understands little English and can’t read or write. Instead she interprets people’s intentions via their body language and tone of voice, able to pick up on small details that can help her tell what that person is thinking and using a form of simple sign language to communicate with others. She is extraordinarily obedient towards Batman and Oracle and seems to have a desire to prove herself to them by doing the best she can to help. While she is often silent and stoic she can let loose every now and again and show a much brighter side to herself, having had no affection during her childhood she cherishes any friendship she has with anybody else and tries her best to get along, additionally she is also very unforgiving of those who cross her or anyone she cares about.

[spoiler=Appearance] [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101103024611/casscain/images/d/dc/CassiecaincardChris_Bachalo.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070723030416/marvel_dc/images/a/aa/FanCassCain_1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070725130913/marvel_dc/images/0/00/FanCassCain_17.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Faction: Batman

Powers/Equipment/Abilities/Attributes:
[spoiler=powers] [b]Peak Human Conditioning[/b]: Through continuous intense training Cassandra represents the greatest fighting weapon ever conceived. She possesses peak level strength, stamina, speed and agility comparable to the finest human athlete.
[b]Martial Arts Master[/b]: Due to her life-long training Cassandra has a master level knowledge of all fighting arts known and unknown and continues to learn with every new opponent she faces. Upon taking the mantle of Batgirl, she was trained further by Batman, Oracle, Black Canary. She has also invented her own styles and techniques such as the 'Falling Leaf' technique. Her defensive abilities consist primarily of evasive moving due to her ability to read her opponents she has not needed to form advanced defensive techniques. However this has been rectified due to Batman's training. She has mastered Dragon Style Kung Fu. Having been trained under the Batman Cassandra has undergone the same training and teachings as the past Robins, Nightwing and Oracle.
[b]Master Assassin Training[/b]: Cassandra is schooled in all known and many unknown assassin techniques such as pressure points, killing techniques and stealth to name a few.
[b]Body Reading Ability[/b]: Advanced ability to read body language enabling her to read what a person is thinking and tell what they are going to do next before they do it. She has been shown able to read opponents far faster than herself, along with non-humans and even alien life forms once she is given a chance to learn their body language. This enables her to identify disguised and transformed people as well.
[b]Detective[/b]: She was also very briefly trained in detective methods by Tim Drake during their time in Blüdhaven.
[b]Misc:[/b] Cassandra possesses the peak human strength level of a woman her age, size and weight, in addition who engages in intensive regular exercise and combat training. Cassandra is capable of press lifting at least twice her own weight and can lift 230 lbs while running. Her strength makes her capable of swinging uninjured with a grapple.
She is resistant to most toxins, venoms and poisons.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=equipment] Batgirl costume with utility belt containing various equipment. Interestingly enough, Cassandra avoids using tools aside from batarangs most of the time.
Shadow belt: During her time as Kasumi on the Justice League Elite, she wore a belt of [u]Thanagarian[/u] origin that allowed her to transform into and travel intangibly as a living shadow. Kasumi mostly used this when the team was on under-cover missions as the metahuman gang member The Nothing, the shadow form covering even her Kasumi disguise.
[b]Transportation[/b]
Batcycles
[b]Weapons[/b]
Batarangs, capsules, small explosives.[/spoiler]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, yeah. Mainly because he worked for Batman and company for so long. Sorry for not mentioning that in my bio. I thought it was just common sense for new heroes that join Batman and company to learn about who they are.

Just in case, I think you need to reply. Maybe Altair will post after that. Can't say for sure.

[quote name='The Swift Assaulter' timestamp='1326308554' post='5759534']
Look at the first page of this thread. My character app is there.

Yes, PS3.
[/quote]
:D

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1326304494' post='5759471']
I feel I need a good character here. Can I reserve catwoman? :<
[/quote]
go the f*** ahead :P

[quote name='The Swift Assaulter' timestamp='1326307619' post='5759520']
About 5 minutes ago, a male figure with silky black, medium long hair and a black and white suit, black dress pants and shiny black shiny dress shoes was walking through an empty street in Gotham. Apparently, it was the same street where City Hall is. The figure was walking towards City Hall until he noticed all of the Televisions around him began to flicker to the same channel. Hearing the riddle that Nigma gave to everybody, he thought over it. Then, with a deep calm voice, he says out loud, "Hm. My size always varies; yet I always bring about doom. You won't find me on any ferries; but I am in a room. Hurry before I cause my evil deed; For nothing can withstand me, not even a rock. I'll be the last thing seen by the eyes of Mayor Linseed; Tick tock goes the clock. This is way too easy. It's a bomb." He then noticed Nightwing from a distance jumping through the main window of Mayor Linseed's office. "Hm. Guess we found it out at the same time, I think." He then continued walking towards City Hall.

City Hall appeared to be deserted, and every hall had either a broken lamp that's on its side on a table, fallen off a table with a shattered lightbulb, or with a broken table. The figure expected at least a dozen of the Harley's goons to be running the place. He also kinda expected the Penguin to be running City Hall, attempting to be the Mayor, but would have been kicked out and everyone would be fighting over the position. Oh well. Can't expect everything to happen.

Coming up to the main doors to Mayor Linseed's office, he put his ear to the door when he hears the Riddler again. He then hears another riddle. He thinks about it for a moment. This was one in which he actually had to think a little bit longer. But he believed he got it. However, he could be wrong, so he'll have to rethink it after some ideas have been dropped after being proved false.

The figure then walked in, as if he was a guest that someone else would have expected. "I was really lucky to hear what the Riddler had said. However..." Suddenly, his body became to move like a gel, and his appearance changed. He now became Former, AKA Jason Crush. "[color=#ff0000]...I didn't expect him to give another riddle so soon. In fact, I didn't expect you to figure the first one so fast, Dick. Neither did I. But I guess great minds think alike. Anyway, I overheard the other riddle just given to you now. And my guess is the girl is on a death bed in a dungeon. But I can't be sure about that. The question is, where is there a dungeon in Gotham? It doesn't seem common to hear any villain to have one, but my guess that Riddler is trying to make our brains hurt.[/color]"

OoC: If this doesn't work at all, then I'll delete it. Just let me know before someone else replies so that things don't get messed up when I do.
[/quote]
The current mayor is Quincy Sharp
[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1326310126' post='5759556']
Nightwing decided to go back into the mayor's office, then saw a familiar face. [color=#000080]"Jason...good to see another friendly face here." [/color]he said with a small smirk. [color=#000080]"And your death bed in a dungeon would be a very interesting theory. But a place that was created to stop pain, wouldn't be a dungeon. I would suggest that it would be a hospital." [/color]He crossed his hands and leaned up against the wall, looking at the floor. [color=#000080]"But I can't be too sure of it. And Bruce is a bit busy downtown with a Titan guy. So asking his opinion right now would be a no."[/color]
[/quote]
What is this I don't even
You said his name O.o

[quote name='TotalObelisk' timestamp='1326329201' post='5760295']
So is Batgirl a yes or....?

(sorry if I seem like I'm nagging here)
[/quote]
Oh missed it, hmm, sure

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1326329248' post='5760299']
Um...yeah I did, Altair.
[/quote]
Just change it please :3
You never know who's watching >_> <_<
You know what I'm taking about ^_^

Current mayor IS Mayor Sharp. Buy I'm pretty sure Linseed was a mayor at some point...and past mayors always have portraits. <_<

I love the reactions my riddles are getting. :3 Yes, I am making these up off the top of my head. And yes, thay are going to get harder. I suppose it helps that I'm naturally as twisted as the Riddler. ;P

Username: Dwarven King

RP Name: Catwoman

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 135 lbs

Bio/personality: Selina Kyle's early life was defined by tragedy. When she was just a girl, her brutalized mother Maria committed suicide and her violent father Brian drank himself to death not long after. Separated from her younger sister Magdalena and remanded to the Sprang Hall Juvenile Detention Center, an abusive state home for orphaned or delinquent girls, she opted instead to take her chances on the streets of [url="http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Gotham_City"]Gotham City[/url]. Amid the crime and corruption of the poverty-stricken East End district, she survived through petty theft. Sharp wits and an amazing natural skill as a gymnast led to her becoming the slickest cat burglar the Gotham City Police Department had ever dealt with. To protect herself, she studied martial arts. Later ex-heavyweight champ Ted Grant ([url="http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Ted_Grant_(New_Earth)"]Wildcat[/url]) taught her boxing. For a time, she was the most accomplished thief nobody knew. She was also one of the most generous, spreading her ill-gotten gains among the downtrodden and destitute of the East End. She would have continued to rob with impunity if not for the [url="http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce_Wayne_(New_Earth)"]Batman[/url]. Spying the Caped Crusader from her window on one of his first outings, she watched him in action and was suitably inspired to take up her own costume when prowling the Gotham night.

Although originally introduced as an equal opponent for Batman, Catwoman's status as hero or villain is ambiguous; she has her own moral code and has occasionally teamed up with Batman.She r epresents a gray area in Batman's otherwise black and white life where the line between good and evil blurs, and his attraction to her stems from this perception that, in her way, she's kind of a female version of himself: another dark, beautiful creature that prowls the night.

After Arkham Asylum's former administrator, [url="http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Quincy_Sharp"]Quincy Sharp[/url], wins the election to become mayor of Gotham, he imprisons all prisoners and mental patients from local [url="http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Blackgate_Prison"]Blackgate Prison[/url] and [url="http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Arkham_Asylum_(Batman:_Arkham_Asylum)"]Arkham Asylum[/url] within a sealed-off perimeter known as 'Arkham City', including Catwoman. Lawlessness reigns and armed mercenaries patrol the walls of the prison city to ensure no one attempts to escape, with Sharp hoping that the society of villains housed inside will kill each other and rid Gotham of its worst criminals. While in Arkham City, she infiltrated the former Arkham Asylum to steal a memory flashdrive that was being kept in a safe (presumably the same one that killed Penelope Young), beating up members of Two-Face's gang (who initially mistook her for [url="http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_(Batman:_Arkham_Asylum)"]Batman[/url]), but ended up captured by Two-Face by gunpoint after breaking into the safe and stealing it. She was then about to be publically executed by Two-Face in the courthouse, both due to her previous theft and as a means to ensure Two Face would rise in the ranks of Arkham City. Two-Face then decided after flipping a coin to hold a trial instead of killing her immediately. This ultimately gave Batman enough time to infiltrate the courtroom and beat up his gang. After she is saved by Batman, she doesn't elaborate on any knowledge on what is going on in Arkham City or on what Hugo Strange is up to, but she doesn't trust the latter either way as he was absent for a year and then came under command of Sharp. She also narrowly evades a sniper shot from [url="http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Batman:_Arkham_Asylum)"]the Joker[/url]. Batman tells her it's not safe and leaves to pursue Joker.

With Batman busy, Catwoman plans on stealing from Strange's vault. However, she is unsure about how to get in. After retrieving her weapons from her apartment, she goes to Poison Ivy for help. Ivy refuses to help Catwoman because of their last encounter, in which Catwoman accidentally killed a rare plant of Ivy's, the last remaining of which is in Strange's vault. Catwoman makes a deal with Ivy to retrieve the plant from the vault if Ivy can get her in. Ivy agrees and smashes the door down with her plants.

Catwoman sneaks in and steals security cards from the TYGER guards and is able to stealthily take them down and enter the vault. In the midst of all this, Strange activates Protocol 10, destroying a whole city block nearby. Catwoman reluctantly leaves behind her stolen goods and goes to find Batman, who the TYGER guards say to be nearing death. She finds Batman buried beneath rubble and helps him. At the very end, Catwoman watches from afar Batman carrying Joker's corpse out of the theater.

Catwoman then goes to her apartment to get her stuff and leave the city, but the apartment was destroyed in an explosion that was triggered when Catwoman tried to enter. With the apartment destroyed, Catwoman finds out that before the explosion, Two-Face has stolen all of her items and took them to the museum. She goes to the museum, fights Two-Face, and discovers that due to his obsession with duality, Two-Face has kept half her stuff and gave the other half away. Soon after, Catwoman goes around the city to fight Two-Face's thugs and get her items back.

Appearance: [img]http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/BatmanArkhamCity/Catwoman_Risky_f3.jpg[/img]

Faction: Neutral

Powers/Equipment/Abilities/Attributes:
[b]Cat-like Speed[/b]: While not considered superhuman, she is easily the fastest non-metahuman around. She literally moves like a cat

[b]Peak Athlete Conditioning[/b]: Selina is a gifted and accomplished athlete, with heightened acrobatic prowess. Her feats have been so amazing, one could argue that her athletic ability is somewhat superhuman.

[b]Feline Empathy[/b]: Catwoman has an good affinity for cats. Feline species tend to flock to her, accepting her almost immediately, recognizing somehow that she is not an enemy but a friend. This allows her to calm injured cats, train them, befriend them, and form strong bonds with them. These animals will even sometimes come to her defense when she is attacked. This has proved most beneficial, especially when it has involved big cats.

[b]Expert Combatant[/b]: She was trained by the Armless Master in martial arts and by Wildcat in boxing and street-fighting. She is a dangerous, clever and resourceful fighter, known for precise, agile attacks and speedy getaways. Her formidable hand-to-hand combat skills are augmented by her cat-like speed, reflexes, balance, and flexibility. Catwoman has also mastered [url="http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Style_Kung_Fu"]Dragon Style Kung Fu[/url] and [url="http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Karate"]Karate[/url]. Her skills are good enough to where she has fought off Batman, wounded him, and occasionally defeated him (more than once).

[b]Stealth[/b]: Fittingly, Catwoman is a master thief possessed of unsurpassed stealth and cunning. An expert at both low- and high-tech heists, she is Gotham City's finest cat-burglar.

[b]Mistress of Disguises[/b]: To pull off her many capers, Catwoman resorts to disguises and aliases. In her first appearance, she posed as an old lady in order to steal a valuable piece of jewelry while on a cruise ship.

[b]Costume:[/b] The skintight costume features retractable razor-sharp claws in her gloves and spring-action climbing pitons in her boots.
Catwoman's costume is designed to give her maximum flexibility and movement while providing her some protection, anonymity, and stealth. Her mask covers her features, keeping her from instant recognition in her civilian identity. The material is a thick insulating cloth, protecting her from cold and wet, while being fire retardant. It provides little damage protection from weapons or blows however does provide good protection from energy damage.

[b]Claws[/b]: Catwoman's gloves and boots contain special retractable claws which are formed of a strong steel which extend from and retract into her gloved fingertips and boots when she triggers pressure switches. They can shred a bullet-proof vest, punch through an aluminum frame car door, or dig into porous surfaces to climb.

[b]Whip[/b]: Catwoman is highly proficient in the use of the bullwhip. She employs a 12 foot long, black leather braided bullwhip which is normally carried on her person either in her boot or in a small backpack.

[quote name='Shooting Star Dragon' timestamp='1326429229' post='5762237']
K, cause I was originally SSD :P

Not [i]originally[/i] but close enough
[/quote]

I'm so confused...I thought you were always Altair? Then who was the SSD I knew?! WAS IT YOU?!?! D:

Archived