HOLY S*** OSIRIS THE SKY DRAGON IS CONFIRMED [EDIT-ART CONFIRMED TOO]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='shadowferret' timestamp='1323302838' post='5694139']
So... that last line, it's making me think, will Stardust be able to negate Slifer's effect? I mean, what happens if I summon something like Gemini Elf, and chain Reinforcements?
[/quote]

On a hunch, I'd say "no, Stardust cannot negate it". The effect is not guaranteed to destroy something at its activation.

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1323309448' post='5694396']
just thought of something that is probably stupid as hell

Silfer + Vemon swamp = profit?? or would that be too stupid o.o
[/quote]

It'd be stupid. Slifer would also accumulate Venom Counters every End Phase and be weakened by 500 per Counter. Since it gets a Counter every End Phase, a card in hand will essentially be nullified every turn, preventing you from even playing cards from hand if you don't want Slifer to die.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323309811' post='5694412']
It'd be stupid. Slifer would also accumulate Venom Counters every End Phase and be weakened by 500 per Counter. Since it gets a Counter every End Phase, a card in hand will essentially be nullified every turn, preventing you from even playing cards from hand if you don't want Slifer to die.
[/quote]

thought so XD that why i even said it would stupid. And gonna lol if lolwikia puts. sure there are other things that can go slifer to troll your opponent event harder than you already are o.o

Wait Naturia Exterio + Slifer = profit? if even possible to XD

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1323309811' post='5694412']
[/quote]

Venom Swamp only Destroys if Slifer gets to 0 ATK by Venom Swamp's Effect...at the End Phase...you can simp´ly make so Slifer Ends up a Turn with 0 ATK (A combination of Cards in hand + Venom Counters)and it will not be destroyed...

[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1323310701' post='5694465']
Venom Swamp only Destroys if Slifer gets to 0 ATK by Venom Swamp's Effect...at the End Phase...you can simp´ly make so Slifer Ends up a Turn with 0 ATK (A combination of Cards in hand + Venom Counters)and it will not be destroyed...
[/quote]

Venom Swamp is worded "Monsters lose 500 ATK per Venom Counter. Destroy the monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect. During each player's End Phase..."

Due to the placement of the "Destroy the monster" effect, it means if Venom Swamp's decrease causes the ATK to go to 0, not strictly if it becomes 0 because a new Venom counter was placed on it.

Wait...*headdesk*

Slifer's wording implies it's immune to effects that modify its ATK, because its ATK is constantly being recalculated to be 1000 x the number of cards in hand, similar to how Wicked Avatar constantly recalculates its ATK to be X+100.

I could be wrong on that, though.

Archived