Exodius... released! Discussion

ExodiustheUltimateForbiddenLordJUMP-EN-UR.jpg

Early signs of an image of what is to be Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord as a JUMP promo

Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord

DARK

Spellcaster/Effect

Level 10

[align=justify]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by returning all Monster Cards from your Graveyard to your Deck. When this card attacks, send 1 Monster Card from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard. This card's original ATK is equal to the number of Normal Monsters in your Graveyard x 1000. When this card is removed from the field, it is removed from play. If 5 different "Forbidden One" cards are sent to the Graveyard by this effect, you win the Duel.[/align]

ATK = ?

DEF = 0

discussion starts here

Oh, totally forgot, it becomes English so they MUST stupidly change "God" to "Lord"...

Well, it is a pretty good monster because it doesn't require much to be special summoned, and can win pretty easily if your opponent has no counter-strategy against some sweet SoRL, NA, Waboku or all those other cards with pretty much the same effect (Thunder of Ruler etc).

Guest Chaos Pudding

I ran this thing in a Reptile build of Demise. It worked well enough, although I could never draw Snake Rain when I needed it, even though I ran 3.

I think, in some cases, this could be a very broken card (using Card Trooper).

This does run a good combo with Card Trooper by getting 3 monsters in the graveyard each turn, powering up Exodius.

Plus, this may work well in an Exodia deck up against a hand destruction deck.

Of course, the effect making it not as broken is having to start out with 0 monsters in the graveyard, but in some cases that is good so you have better deck advantage.

Guest PikaPerson01

I think' date=' in some cases, this could be a very broken card (using Card Trooper).

This does run a good combo with Card Trooper by getting 3 monsters in the graveyard each turn, powering up Exodius.

Of course, the effect making it not as broken is having to start out with 0 monsters in the graveyard, but in some cases that is good so you have better deck advantage.

[/quote']

Finally, at least a decent argument.

Card Trooper is Semi-ed. Good chance you won't get the both on the field at the same time.

Edit: It's not Semi-ed. It's limited... my bad. ><

Trooper doesn't auto-mill monsters. Unless you run pure monsters (which would be stupid), you're gonna hit a spell or trap. Second of all, its only powered by Vanillas.

It won't work any better then Pot of Avarice in an Eoxida deck against a Hand destruction deck.

Lol, there's no such thing as deck advantage. In fact, that's why you always want to run 40 cards.

Try again.

Guest PikaPerson01

Ugh, I'm betting the mods are gonna have a field day with the above comment. No, I'm not fishing for an argument. I mistyped. I meant to say a decent "discussion". The whole "lol, broken!" and "I'm getting OVER 9000 of them!" doesn't really foster any kind of discussion.

I'm glad the poster expressed his thoughts on the card though, so I could at least show him how misguided he was.

I think' date=' in some cases, this could be a very broken card (using Card Trooper).

[/quote']

Card Trooper is Semi-ed. Good chance you won't get the both on the field at the same time.

Trooper doesn't auto-mill monsters. Unless you run pure monsters (which would be stupid), you're gonna hit a spell or trap. Second of all, its only powered by Vanillas.

It won't work any better then Pot of Avarice in an Eoxida deck against a Hand destruction deck.

Lol, there's no such thing as deck advantage. In fact, that's why you always want to run 40 cards.

Try again.

Trooper is semi-ed? Isn't it at 1?

Personally, I would never use Foolish Burial on an exodia piece when I have this monster on the field. Sure it would give him 1000 atk points, but it would also ruin his effect of winning the game, since the pieces must be sent to the grave by his own effect.

The only way this card would win a game with Exodia is in a combo with Diffusion Wave Motion and Ojama Trio. And neither of those cards belong in an Exodia deck. Collecting Exodia in the hand is much easier.

I suppose you could use him as a beatstick by combining him with Advanced Ritual Art, a Level 8 Ritual monster, and a deck with lots of Level 1 Normal monsters, but there are much better ways of getting high ATK monsters out available. In fact, with Madame Wight about to be released, I'd say that King of the Skull Servants would work just as well. And when you're worse than King of the Skull Servants, you know you suck.

Hmm, to actualy use this card for exodia alone is not very cool, but just think. Return all monsters in your grave to your deck, than its a free sak. This could be ran in DAD decks just incase you have too many Dark monsters in the grave. My Senario. U have 5 dark monsters, oh no! my dad cant come play with me. Cries, Hey i throw all my monsters in the grave to the deck, means i can use em latter if i play with search. Now i special summon 1 dark grefer, use effect, now i have 3 again. Yeah! Cool Dad! And not bad for when you use Dark rainbow strateges, Oh know ive foolishly didnt count my cards right?! I have reasonings and other things in my hand to help me win the duel, but i just mdont have any monsters left in my deck to summon my Dark phantom! cries! Oh wait, let me just throw them all back! WEEEEEEE!

Archived