-Tapped Out- ~ A Magic: The Gathering Club

[quote name='.Requiem' timestamp='1337375489' post='5942045']
I am planning on actually trying to get into standard, but I do not know what to build. So my friend showed me this decklist he saw somewhere. Seems pretty solid though it was built for Innistrad Block. With the option from Scars and M12 is there anything that would fit into this deck? The lands I am still working on, just need to focus more on the actual deck.
4 Evolving Wilds
9 Hinterland Harbor
2 Plains
24 lands
4 Dungeon Geists
4 Invisible Stalker
3 Wolfir Silverheart
3 Increasing Savagery
3 Spectral Flight
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/deck/972
[/quote]

Add:

4 Shimmering Grotto
3 Lingering Souls
4 of any combination of Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace/Body and Mind

Should work because 4 Invisible Stalker and 3 Lingering Souls is more than a good aggro engine. Stuff like Drogskol Captain and Geist of Saint Traft are amazing too here.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Đˆordan' timestamp='1337379395' post='5942098']
How the hell would Mishra work in Commander? It's a singleton format... Am I missing something? Also, what's Masters Edition IV?
[/quote]

Nah, I just forgot momentarily Commander was highlander. Masters Edition is a set that comes out every so often that prints cards that weren't released before from really old sets like Beta and Arabian Night and stuff.

Also, custom card theory-o time

3RU - Planeswalker
+1 Counter target non-Red, non-Blue Creature Spell with a CMC of less than 3.
-X Replicate X(Copy target spell for each loyalty counter removed)
-1 Put a 1/1 Splinter Artifact Creature token onto the battlefield.
-11 For the rest of the game, Artifact Creatures you control gain +3/+3 and Trample
<5 Starting loyalty>

idk. Also R/U card template is hawwwwwwttt. Also are Golgari the villians in RTR or something?

[quote name='Đˆordan' timestamp='1337382206' post='5942123']
Also, custom card theory-o time
3RU - Planeswalker
+1 Counter target non-Red, non-Blue Creature Spell with a CMC of less than 3.
-X Replicate X(Copy target spell for each loyalty counter removed)
-1 Put a 1/1 Splinter Artifact Creature token onto the battlefield.
-11 For the rest of the game, Artifact Creatures you control gain +3/+3 and Trample
<5 Starting loyalty>

idk. Also R/U card template is hawwwwwwttt. Also are Golgari the villians in RTR or something?
[/quote]

Waaaaaiittt, you literally just changed loyalty abilities from sorcery speed to instant speed. That would cause like billions of ruling problems.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1337378903' post='5942091']
Add:

4 Shimmering Grotto
3 Lingering Souls
4 of any combination of Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace/Body and Mind

Should work because 4 Invisible Stalker and 3 Lingering Souls is more than a good aggro engine. Stuff like Drogskol Captain and Geist of Saint Traft are amazing too here.
[/quote]

Okay I am fine with all that other stuff, I just don't like Drogskol captain all that much, but I am not sure how it would hamper the deck. Also for lingering souls is great, but if I would be running bant I won't be getting the flashback which would be taking space away from something that might help me. So here is the list I am going to try to build off of based on the deck in the link.

Land (24):
3 Shimmering Grotto
4 Evolving Wilds
3 Razorverge Thicket
2 Seachrome Coast
2 Seapetal Grove
2 Glacial Fortress
2 Htiherland Harbor
3 Forest
2 Island
1 Plains

Creatures (23):
4 Invisible Stalker
3 Geist of Saint Traft
3 Dungeon Gheist
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
2 Birds of Paradise
3 Strangleroot Gheist
4 Wolfir Silverheart

Spells(13):
2 Swords of War and Peace (Yea I don't really have a lot of those and the above cards are more potent around where I am from)
4 Vapor Snag
3 Thoughtscour
4 Increasing Savagery

So anything that should be changed before I go ahead and test this?

[quote name='Đˆordan' timestamp='1337390511' post='5942226']
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=107329
How to build a deck for this in EDH...?
[/quote]

It is an already stablished EDH...A VERY ANOYING ONE...

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=259148
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=185494
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=293905

So yea... some stuff came up relating to school irl, and I won't have time to manage a card game really, let alone 2. So, I can't really play MtG right now :/ I doubt I'll want to play this game again after all that stuff is done(like 1-2 years worth of stuff, so eh) so I'll be inactive in this club from like September. Ciao in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

So me and my friend decided to draft alara reborn today for gits and shiggles. After our first pack, it was clear he was drafting jund and I was drafting esper. So we cracked open each of our second packs and wouldn't you know it - I got a Sen Triplets and he got a Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. Our minds were completely blown. Of course, he killed my triplets every time I got it out (before I could even get off its effect) and his karrthus won the game for him (funny how I was never able to cast one of my four counterspells on that guy...) but it was still pretty crazy.

Also, bump.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived