-Tapped Out- ~ A Magic: The Gathering Club

I think I did Spirits poorly. Anyone want to criticize this deck?

4 Dungeon Geist
4 Drogskol Captain
4 Doomed Traveler

4 Intangible Virtue

2 Mana Leak
4 Midnight Haunting

4 Seachrome Coast
4 Drowned Catacombs
7 Island
4 Isolated Chapel
7 Plain
2 Swamp

2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

4 Lingering Souls
4 Ponder

Testing shows that I manage to get in 8+ creatures with 4/4+ stats however.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1335016050' post='5920795']
I think I did Spirits poorly. Anyone want to criticize this deck?

4 Dungeon Geist
4 Drogskol Captain
4 Doomed Traveler

4 Intangible Virtue

2 Mana Leak
4 Midnight Haunting

4 Seachrome Coast
4 Drowned Catacombs
7 Island
4 Isolated Chapel
7 Plain
2 Swamp

2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

4 Lingering Souls
4 Ponder

Testing shows that I manage to get in 8+ creatures with 4/4+ stats however.
[/quote]

It's impossible to not run Spirits without Delver and Snapcaster Mage.

At the moment, Doomed Traveller is basically a subpar Delver. And Intangible Virtue seems unneeded as such.

-2 Swamp
-1 Midnight Haunting
-2 Dungeon Geists
-4 Doomed Traveller
-4 Intangible Virtue
+2 Island
+3 Phantasmal Image
+4 Delver of Secrets
+4 Snapcaster Mage

Then it's basically tourney-worthy Spirits. You could try to fit in Gitaxian Probe or something too.

[b]Oh, and let's finalize on non-creature Spells for Red.[/b]

[quote name='-Lightray Daedalus-' timestamp='1335039004' post='5921185']
I actually choose smaller because those other seemed to powerful...but OK...talking about LB
[/quote]

Since it's a single threat, I really don't think it's that bad a choice.

We all know that Red will be ridiculously fast in the cube, so we might as well give them a single copy of Lightning Bolt.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Remnants (or Remmy, Rem)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favorite Color: Green[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Main Formats Played: Standard, EDH[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Why you want to join: I'm a huge fan of MTG. While I have only just recently gotten back into the game after a year-long break, I am attending the Avacyn Restored Pre-release with a friend, and I figure that having friends to help me with my deck(s) would be very helpful.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1335198220' post='5923367']
Flogging yes. Honestly though, some cards in the set are severely outclassed by other cards in the set. Still, the set is pretty good. Time to go for Arcane Melee Tamiyo haxorz spam.
[/quote]

To be honest, that strategy is so mana intensive, you might as well just play more counterspells.

Although I'd wish Arcane Melee was 2 CMC cheaper, it still seems pretty nice to play alongside with counters.

With Tamiyo tapping cards and disturbing your opponent's strategy (it seems meh, but disruption is nice), playing a fecal load of counters that are 1 or 2 CMC cheaper to make the advantage your opponent gets from your Arcane Melee, and Fuel for the cause being just 2 CMC cheaper while helping Tamiyo get counters, it becomes so hilarious on paper that I just have to test that out.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1335198706' post='5923371']
Although I'd wish Arcane Melee was 2 CMC cheaper, it still seems pretty nice to play alongside with counters.

With Tamiyo tapping cards and disturbing your opponent's strategy (it seems meh, but disruption is nice), playing a fecal load of counters that are 1 or 2 CMC cheaper to make the advantage your opponent gets from your Arcane Melee, and Fuel for the cause being just 2 CMC cheaper while helping Tamiyo get counters, it becomes so hilarious on paper that I just have to test that out.
[/quote]

Well, good luck.

I personally can't think of a good way to make that consistent.

Wow, set looks very cool. I still think it would've been nice to have 1 or 2 black guys with a "parasitic" soulbond but I guess that would go against soulbond's flavor, so oh well. Anyway, can't wait to draft this!

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1335145716' post='5922993']
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Remnants (or Remmy, Rem)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favorite Color: Green[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Main Formats Played: Standard, EDH[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Why you want to join: I'm a huge fan of MTG. While I have only just recently gotten back into the game after a year-long break, I am attending the Avacyn Restored Pre-release with a friend, and I figure that having friends to help me with my deck(s) would be very helpful.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Sure.

[quote name='Æ‘rog The Jam' timestamp='1335200496' post='5923385']
Wow, set looks very cool. I still think it would've been nice to have 1 or 2 black guys with a "parasitic" soulbond but I guess that would go against soulbond's flavor, so oh well. Anyway, can't wait to draft this!

Sure.
[/quote]

Personally, I think they've already been really ambitious with Soulbond. Notably, Deadeye Navigator. Something that can casually enable everything and change what it enables at will with a simple Soulbond mechanic is genius.

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1335224393' post='5923670']
I bought the video game on Steam a week ago, does that count for anything?
[/quote]I played that game before, forget the name. I believe the format that they used was Archenemy, with schemes.
It counts, but you should get more into MtG because Daemon and Dae and Raiburger play it.

I notice you guys are talking about online MTG? I figure now would be as good a time as any to tell you all about a program I found that fully supports MTG online in all formats. It's called [url="http://cockatrice.de/"]Cockatrice[/url], and it allows you to play Standard, EDH, and even Draft. It's completely free, and it's perfectly legit. With Avacyn about to come out, I figure it will be a good place to try out new strategies before I go to FNM. Plus, a casual game of EDH with friends is always fun (:

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1335306306' post='5924341']
I notice you guys are talking about online MTG? I figure now would be as good a time as any to tell you all about a program I found that fully supports MTG online in all formats. It's called [url="http://cockatrice.de/"]Cockatrice[/url], and it allows you to play Standard, EDH, and even Draft. It's completely free, and it's perfectly legit. With Avacyn about to come out, I figure it will be a good place to try out new strategies before I go to FNM. Plus, a casual game of EDH with friends is always fun (:
[/quote]

Yeah, I believe we're doing our pauper cube tourney on Cockatrice anyway :3

Archived