Guitar Hero Help Thread

JerryFreelance

Well, I figure I'll need this sooner or later, so I figure I'll make it now.

Basically a thread for you to ask for help on certain songs that are kicking your gluteus maximus...

And for you to gloat about how good you are.

I have GHIII and GHII on the 360, but I haven't touched GHII yet.

The first time I ever played a GH game was less than two weeks ago, and I suck at DDR and games like that, so I'm really surprised that I'm on Hard...

Here's what I have so far:

Easy: 42/42

Medium: 42/42

Hard: 23/42

Expert: 0/42

And I can't beat TTFAF on Medium xD

But my problem on Hard [i can pass songs, but this would really help me] are the solos [duh]

Anyone have some tips to nailing solos?

I can hit two and three note chords for the most part, but the solos really own on me...

Any tips?

All I can say is....Hammer Ons, learn them, they are really usefull, especially when you get to Cult of Personality. and I can get a 4-star on TTFAF on medium, I just have trouble with it on Hard and Expert. But I know what to do when playing it on expert, you have to act like your doing the guitar -string tapping, you know, when they start tapping the strings on the neck of the guitar. it's pretty difficult to pull off, you need alot of accuracy and you have to hit the string just right. But on the guitar hero controler, you have to do that for hammer-ons and try to use your elbow to do the strum bar

My best advice is keep trying... once you get to a tough spot (last tier) and you find you can't do any of those songs, skip them and go to the next difficulty. Thats what I did, now the only songs I can't beat on expert are TTFAF, Way it Ends, Take this Life and Raining Blood. After you get good at the next difficulty go back and finish what you couldn't before, it will seem extremely easy.

kon: My only problem is that then it's so much harder.

I agree, it will be hand. But when you get to the last tier, it will be pretty hard. If you skiip to the first song of the next difficulty, it will be a little easier than the last tier songs on the previous difficulty. I hope you can try to understand this, i'm a little tired today. (sat out in the sun and drank a lotta mountain dew)

EDIT: Whoah, i just doubled posted...time for some wird post-merging

Another hint: When playing TTFAF on wi-fi, to geta a slight advantage over your opponent during the intro just hit the green notes (doesn't work if they can hit all the notes). It provides about 5000 points, which can boost you ahead, unless your opponent is a total pro.

btw, my wi-fi name is Fuh Clary, maybe you'll remember if we meet on wi-fi

I just simply suck at Guitar Hero. I can do a few songs on medium' date=' but that's pretty much it. I guess I'm more of a DDR person.

[/quote']

Actually, I find that being good at DDR is much more helpful.

My friend who had never played GH ever before came over to my house and played [he's amazing at DDR btw] and got to expert.

I think it's because of his foot/hand-eye-coordination from all that DDR...

Umm... No?

I opened GHII last night, and have beaten the first 36 songs now on Hard.

Danngggg you FC'd every song on Expert in GHIII but can't even beat Jordan?

I know Jordan is hella hard, but if you can FC every song on GHIII, you should be able to beat Jordan with at least 3 stars.

Umm... No?

I opened GHII last night' date=' and have beaten the first 36 songs now on Hard.

Danngggg you FC'd every song on Expert in GHIII but can't even beat Jordan?

I know Jordan is hella hard, but if you can FC every song on GHIII, you should be able to beat Jordan with at least 3 stars.

[/quote']

Going from GH3 to GH2 is about 15x harder than going from 2 to 3, mostly due to the timing window, Solo B and C in jordan is like TTFAF condensed into 30 seconds, for someone whos use to the GH3 engine that can feel like fighting a brick wall, your mostly likely going to fail outright, and break your fingers at the same time. Plus Jordan pretty much forces you through solo B and C with very little star power to fall back on. The only harder song IMO is The Devil Went Down to Gergorge (Intentional spelling error) but even then, that song gives you enough SP to bullshit your way through.

Timing window for the notes, for example, say you went to hit a red note, you would have to strum within a 0.05 second time window before or after the note for the game to register that you actually hit the note. (Im not sure if that is the timing window for the games but that is an example.) GH3 has a much larger timing window than GH2 or 1 making it easier to hit notes, for HO/PO notes in GH3 you can literally hold the note down 30 minutes before the note actually passes and still hit it, where as in GH2 you would need to hit the note as it passes by.

Archived