Devil Buster HQ (YCM's Shin Megami Tensei & Persona Fan Gathering)

~Tico~

Dharc is accepted. Now I'll just sit back and watch as you two kill each other.
[color=#008080]Uh..boss? You DO realize they'll trash HQ, ho?[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Just let them do as they see fit, Frosty. I'm interested to see the result.[/color]

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Odin, King of the Aesir, I declare this amusing. Especially since anyone with common sense can tell the best female love interest from P3 was Mitsuru.

[quote name='-Protagonist-' timestamp='1336362540' post='5934164']
And Lovers is also canon.[/quote]

I refuse to believe that P4 protagonist didn't canonically date everyone and everything he came across.

Especially the guys.

I dunno how much this will apply to the current coversation, but I found this:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1bYSlAbRLI]P4TA[/url]

It's a link to a vid, which has links in the Poster's Comments to all current P4 The Animation eps, hidden to avoid copyright notices. Enjoy.

[quote name='-Protagonist-' timestamp='1336362540' post='5934164']
A Persona battle, is it?

Desu's got this.

I call dibs on Rise.
Why?
Because I'm Protagonist, b****es.
And Lovers is also canon.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Damn, she's also awesome.[/color]
[quote name='Hydra of Clocks' timestamp='1336369194' post='5934202']
As Odin, King of the Aesir, I declare this amusing. Especially since anyone with common sense can tell the best female love interest from P3 was Mitsuru.

[color="#0000cd"]Haven't done much with her. Going to do a full relationship run after I...get through the end credits of P2.[/color]

I refuse to believe that P4 protagonist didn't canonically date everyone and everything he came across.

Especially the guys.
[color=#0000CD]Excellent point.[/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1336409004' post='5934353']
I dunno how much this will apply to the current coversation, but I found this:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1bYSlAbRLI"]P4TA[/url]

It's a link to a vid, which has links in the Poster's Comments to all current P4 The Animation eps, hidden to avoid copyright notices. Enjoy.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Already seen all the episodes but it was an insanely awesome anime.[/color]

Hm, so I went back and played Persona 3. Again. Did basically all Social Links and finished up Aigis' today. Her Social Link MAX event had...eh, let's put it as leaving a bit of room for the imagination. 'Specially the part at the end where Aigis requests the MC to place his hand on her Papillon Heart, and then says shortly afterward, "I apologize in advance if I say something odd, or make unusual noises." and then goes so far as to cut off motor function in her arms and legs. Maybe I'm reading a LITTLE too much into it, but it sure sounds de robo-sex to me.

For that matter, Persona 3 had some other various squicky events, one of the most prominent being the Love Hotel incident. Kinda makes you wonder what would've happened if Minato hadn't resisted temptation...

Also, Dharc and Desu, you two could just duke it out over PM or something.

[quote name='Corona Ray' timestamp='1336436986' post='5934679']
Hm, so I went back and played Persona 3. Again. Did basically all Social Links and finished up Aigis' today. Her Social Link MAX event had...eh, let's put it as leaving a bit of room for the imagination. 'Specially the part at the end where Aigis requests the MC to place his hand on her Papillon Heart, and then says shortly afterward, "I apologize in advance if I say something odd, or make unusual noises." and then goes so far as to cut off motor function in her arms and legs. Maybe I'm reading a LITTLE too much into it, but it sure sounds de robo-sex to me.

For that matter, Persona 3 had some other various squicky events, one of the most prominent being the Love Hotel incident. Kinda makes you wonder what would've happened if Minato hadn't resisted temptation...

Also, Dharc and Desu, you two could just duke it out over PM or something.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Yeah, that's what I was going to do a full run of. Starting tomorrow most likely.[/color]
[quote name='Corona Ray' timestamp='1336437270' post='5934687']
But to my knowledge, Desu doesn't play Yugimaz.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Yeah, I'm not much of a duelist. I play but very rarely.[/color]

[quote name='Corona Ray' timestamp='1336436986' post='5934679']
Hm, so I went back and played Persona 3. Again. Did basically all Social Links and finished up Aigis' today. Her Social Link MAX event had...eh, let's put it as leaving a bit of room for the imagination. 'Specially the part at the end where Aigis requests the MC to place his hand on her Papillon Heart, and then says shortly afterward, "I apologize in advance if I say something odd, or make unusual noises." and then goes so far as to cut off motor function in her arms and legs. Maybe I'm reading a LITTLE too much into it, but it sure sounds de robo-sex to me.[/quote]

Minato has sex with every girl at social link 10. They don't actually state it for whatever reason, but the dialogue before and after makes it basically impossible to misinterpret. For fun and giggles, watch the final Elizabeth event and try to imagine it as anything [i]not [/i]sexual.

Yu's rank 10 events aren't nearly as explicit, though you could still interpret them in the same way, considering all the love interests end up in his room at the end of it. So does Kanji, come to think of it. Hmm.

[quote name='-Dharc-' timestamp='1336436132' post='5934675']
And I frankly find Minato Arisato to be a bad name for the Persona 3 protagonist.
[/quote]

Any reason in particular why?

Don't like the whole...What would that be with the names? Assonance? The whole double -ato isn't really cool, in my opinion. I'd also prefer if they gave the protagonist a name that was more pun-based or held some sort of meaning, like Takao Shinokage. Takao can mean "noble person", and Shinokage is a contraction of the phrase "Shi no kage", which means "The shadow of death", referring to Death being sealed inside him and the fact that he kills shadows.

Just mah two cents.

Frankly I think the Yu/Kanji relationship could go places. Though, I tend to think that the relationships would end up like this: Yosuke x Chie, Kanji x Naoto, Rise x No one, Yukiko x No one, and Yu x No one.

On a further note, it's interesting how the all male team in P4 is a largely successful modus.

[quote name='Hydra of Clocks' timestamp='1336442997' post='5934781']
For fun and giggles, watch the final Elizabeth event and try to imagine it as anything [i]not [/i]sexual.
[/quote]
Oh god, that one. "Guide me through it," "significance of calling upon a gentleman in his room", and various other words...Yep, not a single instance of sexual implications!

Plus Yu can score with basically anyone. Even his 6 (or 7) cousin wants to marry him. Yeah...squicky a bit?

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1336443494' post='5934799']
Frankly I think the Yu/Kanji relationship could go places. Though, I tend to think that the relationships would end up like this: Yosuke x Chie, Kanji x Naoto, Rise x No one, Yukiko x No one, and Yu x No one.
[/quote]

I though it went more like Rise x no one, Yukiko x Yu, and Teddie is forever alone.

Archived