YCM Speed

Anti-Apocryphal

Question

I don't know what's up with YCM's slow speed, but I need to break this question once more.

It doesn't matter [i]which [/i]browser I use (Chrome, IE, FireFox), but something's wrong with YCM's connection rate.

It's not extremely slow, but it's still slow enough to really make me mad.

If you were to compare to say, http://forums.wildshadow.com , you'd see YCM is well...horrible.

I don't know what's wrong, so could someone give me a straight-up answer as to why this is the [i]only [/i]website that I use that is so slow?

Thanks,

Future Paradise

25 answers to this question

[quote name='Ęɳɢuǐɳ' timestamp='1338233567' post='5948405']
Why the hell are we running on two DIFFERENT servers exactly....?
[/quote]
[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1338232003' post='5948385']
so that it won't crash (or, so he says).
[/quote]
Reading is good for you.

It is a constant inconsistency server problem. It may not or may be fixed, but that is a programming problem.
All programs have their issues, and either get fixed or not. YCMaker has done a lot more for this site in the passed month and over an entire year.
Don't get caught up with one issue while everyone complains about something wrong with this site.

YCM is currently being hosted on 2 servers as YCMaker tries to get it accustomed to both so that it won't crash (or, so he says). We're on both IPBoard and Cloud Flare, so the debilitating speed should be gone [acronym='Within the next year, hopefully.']soon[/acronym].

Also I think it's a problem with Cloudfare too. Cloudflare is not a very good server. Another website I'm on had trouble with Cloudflare and it was crashing the site when there were no problems on their end. Cloudfare is just kind of bad.

Also I think it's sorta silly to be running on two servers. If a site crashes, it crashes. And people should deal with that.

Archived