The Dragon Cave - A New Era (IC/Started/Not Accepting)

Alice Moonflowyr

Upon hearing the word pumpkin, the thin demeanor of wisdom that had lightly coated Kobalt shattered. [color=#0000cd]"I vote for the Pumpkin Dragon!" [/color]He shouted, changing his mind in that instant [color=#0000cd],"I love making jack-o-lanterns. Of course, I probably shouldn't tell him that. But still..." [/color]Kobalt would have rattled on for quite some time if Venus hadn't have shushed him telepathically.

[i][color=#ee82ee]"A Pumpkin Dragon is preferable over a Vampire Dragon. They are much less...two-faced," [/color][/i]Venus projected after thinking of the right word to describe the back stabbing nature of the Vampire Dragon. She also knew that dealing with a Pumpkin Dragon, even more than one, would be much easier than fighting a Vampire Dragon.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i]Soar, will we go with the group to see Jack? [/i]Zayne asked of his dragon partner via telepathy. [i][u]Well, weighing the options, we have, on one wing, a powerful Vampire Dragon, and on the other wing, we have a possibly insane Pumpkin Dragon that wanted to eat Adreus.[/u][/i]
"Wait, a Pumpkin Dragon that wanted to eat Adreus?" Zayne asked aloud, incredulous at such a statement. "You're kidding me. Something that small wanted to eat something bigger than him? That's almost funny."
[i]But, I think that since a majority will be seeing Jack, I believe we should see the Vampire, Wrayym. [u]Then a visit to Wrayym we shall do, then.[/u][/i]

He looked over at the Draconian near him. After a split second reaction flying through his head consisting of the thought [i]Holy Guardian of Nature, an actual Draconian![/i], he noticed that she -was her name Nevirath?- was steadily losing her balance, and was about to fall over. In a quick motion, he rushed over and caught the Draconian in the crook of his right arm, putting in his own effort to not lose his own balance; he wasn't anticipating the weight of her wings, after all. After a moment in regaining equilibrium, he hefted his weight slightly forward, and held on to Nevirath's shoulder the entire time as he waited for her to regain her sense of balance.

"Are you alright?" Zayne asked with concern.

(> I was aiming for Lintra to fall, but considering she hasn't done Telepathy in a while, I'll also have her lose balance as well <)

Nevirath was a bit spooked about when she telepathically spoke that she had also lost her balance without realizing it, Luckly and to her shock, Another man, One that she did not see in the group, had caught her and helped her back up. After being asked, She responded [color=#4b0082]"Yes I'm alright, It's been a while since I used Telepathy to Communicate with anyone, A long while..." [/color]Inarovana looked at Zayne with a bit of a huff and Telepathically spoke to him [color=#000080]"Never met someone that did that to Nevirath before... I'm pretty sure her brother did too"[/color]...

Ditzy refused to allow Matthew back to the real world until this discussion was over. It seemed Matthew igonored the poke, and continued to gaze forwar, not moving a muscle. Ditzy heard talk of the groupe splitting up. It irritated him. [color=#40E0D0]The pumpkin dragon [i]wouyld be a safer bet, even if he is crazy. I meant, a vampire dragon?! I dont think it would be wise to split up. It would be better to stay as a group.[/i][/color] Ditzy warned the group. [color="#40e0d0"]You agree with me, right Matthew. [/color]He said to Matthew, who nodded.

"I'm glad to hear you're alright," Zayne said to Nevirath. "I know telepathy can put a bit of a strain on you, but over time you get accustomed to it and it becomes second nature. I'm sure you'll be fine if you give it some practice with your dragon."

He turned his head to address the dragon that spoke with him. [i]I help out those who need help. Think of it as a bit of...protection. I refuse to allow a repeat of the incident that destroyed my village, and if I can make a difference, no matter how small the action, then I will do it.[/i]
[i][u]And I will follow him wherever that path will lead,[/u][/i] Soar interjected.

"...wait, did you just say 'brother'? Nevirath has a brother?" Zayne couldn't actually believe that Draconians could possibly have siblings.
But Soar did. Projecting his speech to the immediate party, he explained.
[i][u]Zayne, what you should realize is that Draconians are capable of having siblings. They are rare cases, yes, but they do happen, and the odds of them are usually one pair of siblings per dragon race. In the most extreme cases, there might be an instance of triplets. And only one instance of quadruplet Draconians has been witnessed; it's quite humorous and serious at the same time, for that instance belonged to the Two-Headed Dragons. And when I was younger, I bore witness to the Water Draconian twins. They were such mischievious girls...[/u][/i]
Soar trailed on as Zayne did his best to absorb the info he was bearing witness to.

"I suppose the mere idea of a Guardian of Nature bearing a Draconian child would be mindblowing in and of itself then."
[i][u]Maybe for you, yes, but it has happened before.[/u][/i]

OOC: What are you trying to do Flandre? Whats this about losing balance...?

IC: "Oh, and if anyone is coming with me to see Jack, there's probably something you should know. He uh...he isnt like normal Pumpkin dragons....he's huge. Bigger than Adreus by a few hundred pounds and inches." Lintra looked rather puzzled as she said; "Not exactly sure how he got so big, but he is big." She grabbed Matthew and started pulling him towards the Jungle. "Jack lives in the jungle, with a bunch of mini pumpkin dragons serving him." As Lintra dragged Matthew away, Adreus announced to the rest of the group; [i]Um....anyone coming with us just follow Ms. Motormouth. Now that she's started going, nothing is gonna stop her....[/i] Adreus started flying after Lintra as she dragged Matthew away...

Inarovana growled and telepathically spoke to Zayne [color=#000080]"Technically, Her brother is a Purple Nebula Dragon, Not a Draconian..." [/color]While Inarovana was conversing to Zayne, His Moonstone on his tail started to glow, She started to focus on the Moonstone when she grabbed Inarovana's Tail for Support. Inarovana noticed that Lintra and Adreus were leaving, So Nevirath Tried to Telepathically Communicate with Adreus [color=#4b0082][i][b]"Where would the Graveyard where This Wrayym would reside? I remember Speaking to a Vampire Dragon before, I find them quite fun to speak to" [/b][/i][/color]Again, Her balance was screwy, but not as much as last time and she had support...

Adreus heard Nevirath, and amusedly said; [i]Little one, you don't need to use Telepathy to speak with me. I can hear you even if you speak normally. The graveyard is on the other side of the Azathoth Volcano. [/i]As Lintra and Matthew drew further away, Adreus added quickly [i]Inarovana, be very careful when dealing with Wrayym. One wrong move and you'll find yourself in the realm of the Dead. Other, more dangerous, Night Glories and Black Marrow dragons rule that place. It isnt easy to get out....and also. Watch out for Anvar. He's the Magma dragon that rules Azathoth Volcano.[/i]

[color=#0000cd]"A giant Pumpkin Dragon!" [/color]Kobalt exclaimed, his eyes growing wide in anticipation, completely ignoring the fact that he was insane. [i][color=#ee82ee]"Little one, calm yourself. We will be off soon enough." [/color][/i]Venus projected, privately so that only Kobalt could hear. Turning her attention to Lintra, Venus began to speak in her mind, [i][color=#ee82ee]"We will becoming with you. Just lead the way." [/color][/i]Venus did not feel that splitting up already would be a good idea. They were supposed to be a team, and while traveling together would draw attention, there was safety in numbers. Rustling her wings anxiously, Venus gave a clear inclination that no matter what happened they needed to get moving. By now the Neglected that escaped could be well on their way to reporting their location.

Inarovana telepathically replied to Adreus [color=#000080][i]"I really doubt that this Wrayym would be able to get me that easily if that happens... but we shall see... Avnar may not be THAT much of a problem..."[/i][/color]. Nevirath noted Venus's warning and Climbed up the tallest tree she could find and took flight. Inarovana then also took flight, and they both circled the area, Waiting for Zayne to get ready to get moving, Nevirath yelled at Zayne [color=#4b0082]"Come on! Lets get moving! We don't want the Neglected to find us here with a lot of big dragons!"[/color]

(>Spike was banned by the system, so, until he gets ahold of a mod, he wont be back. It was not his fault<)
A small Pumpkin dragon dashed across the orange leaves. [color=#ffa500]Jack, Jack, humans! Humans are coming![/color] The little dragon said. [color=#ffa500]The only one I spotted had a night glory travling with her![/color] The large dragon smiled. [color=#ffa500]Alow them to come. do not interupt their journey. Im hungry![/color] The large dragon said with a miniacle laugh. Then he paused. [color=#ffa500]How may are there?[/color] He asked the little dragon. [color=#ffa500]I-Ill go check.[/color] The little dragon said with a studder, before taking off. The giant dragon licked his lips. Soon, the little pumpkin dragon returned. They split. 3 are coming here, and 2 are going some other place.

"You're right, Nevirath, let's get moving!" As Soar leaned down, Zayne jumped onto his dragon's shoulder, and climbing onto the base of his neck, secured himself on his dragon. [i]Let's go, Soar, we've got a Vampire to visit! [u]Very well, Zayne, [/u][/i]Soar responded telepathically, his massive wings flapping as he elevated himself into the air alongside Nevirath and Inarovana.

[i]So we have to go to...Azathoth Volcano? That would be northeast from here, I believe? [u]I believe so. And that would mean a pass through the alpine region.[/u] But couldn't we just pass through the desert that is to the north of the alpine for a straight shot to the volcano? [u]You seem to forget that I am a coastal breed of dragon, Zayne; I need moisture. The forest provides it through dew, and the mountains through fog. The desert has...little to no moisture whatsoever.[/u][/i]
[i]You've been reading too much, Soar... [u]That I have, Zayne; that I have. So the alpine then.[/u][/i]
[i]Alright, fine.[/i]

"Nevirath, let's take the alpine route!" he called out to her.

Kobalt raised his hands, outstretched and let out a whoop of joy. He loved the feeling of flying. The air whipping through his hair and then world beneath him, everything seemed perfect. He was quickly brought back to reality by Venus, [i][color=#ee82ee]"Little one, control yourself. I feel as if we are being watched, and I do not want that crazed Pumpkin Dragon to pick you as the weakest link." [/color][/i]Kobalt nodded his acknowlegement and lowered his arms, although the wide, happy smile still remained on his face.

He watched the others fly through the sky. He could see the huge wings of Soar flapping in the air, if he strained his eyes he could just make out Zayne on his back. Kobalt liked Zayne and even though they had just met, he was slightly worried about him. The Vampire Dragon would indefinitely turn out to be a handful, even for the might of a Tsunami Dragon. Kobalt reminded himself that he needed to worry less about Zayne more about himself. Jack, this colossal Pumpkin Dragon, would more than likely prove to be a bit more trouble than he and Venus had originally thought.

Nevirath shouted to Zayne in response to his comment about going the alpine path [color=#4b0082]"Okay!"[/color]. She then Started to fly out of the forest northeast, likely with Zayne following. Suddenly, She started to feel a bit tired while flying, So She landed on Inarovana's back to ride him, but then, She started to stare at the sky, Her Currently Black Starry Skin Started to swirl with more purple on it. Regardless of the time of day it actually was, it seemed like nighttime approached for her. Inarovana just kept flying Northeast...

"OK guys, let me handle Jack. The Pumpkin King is best dealt with carefully." Lintra said as she inched towards the pumpkin patch where Jack lived. [i]Lintra, be careful. Pumpkins may be small, but they can be fierce in large numbers. [/i]Adreus said.

As Lintra got closer, a small dragon ran across her feet. "Hey, wait! I need to talk with Jack!" she shouted. The little dragon stopped and turned around. [i]Umm...uhh..my master is expecting you. He's uh..kinda hungry.[/i] said the little pumpkin dragon nervously. "Just tell him Lintra has come back." Lintra told him.

[i]So. Lintra has returned. Is she bigger? [/i]Jack asked with obvious curiosity.

[i]Yes. Adreus is larger too. About as big as you.[/i]

[i]Haaaa. I will speak with them......[/i]

The flight to the large pumpkin patch was relatively uneventful. When the finally did arrive, Kobalt was overjoyed with the sight. Everywhere he could see pumpkins and Pumpkin Dragons. When he was younger, Kobalt loved Halloween and Pumpkin Dragons were some of his favorites. When they landed, Kobalt and Venus heeded Lintra's warning. They stood a couple paces behind her, but still within earshot just in case. When a Pumpkin Dragon reared its head, Kobalt let out a small squeal of delight, but this was brought to an abrupt halt when Venus gave him a stern glare.

Kobalt, Lintra, Adreus, and Venus waited for awhile, the small Pumpkin Dragon having scurried off to report to its larger master. While they waited, Kobalt crouched down and drew pictures in the dirt with his finger. He heard a scurrying from up ahead and looked up. The same, nervous Pumpkin Dragon from before came scurrying into their sights [i],"The king will see you now..."[/i]

Lintra, Kobalt, and Matthew slowly walked into the pumpkin patch. LIntra nearly stepped on a pumpkin dragon once or twice. Soon, the group came upon a huge pumpkin, where about a hundred normal Pumpkin dragons could hide. A rumbling sound came from inside, and the pumpkin literally exploded over them. A huge pumpkin dragon, a little larger than Adreus, roared. [i]Lintra....you have returned.[/i] It said haughtily.

"Yes. I have. And I need to ask you some questions." Lintra tried to mask her fear, and stand still. She thought she failed at both.

[i]Really? Why dont you introduce me to your little...friends.[/i]

"Oh, uh...ok. This is Kobalt and Venus, and Matthew and Ditzy."

Completely ignoring Kobalt and Venus, Jack turned to Matthew and Ditzy. [i]This one is under control of the Daydream. See how his pupils are dialated? The opinions he utters are not his, but those of his dragon. [/i]Jack snarled at Ditzy before turning back to Lintra. [i]I despise Daydreams. [/i]

"Um. ok. Well, I'm here to ask you about the Neglected dragons."

[i]Aaaah. Information is what you want isnt it? But how shall you pay for it.....ah. You have no money. I do not care for it anyway. To pay for this information...you will fight my friend. [/i]A humongous Hellfire Wyvern steppped out from the shadows.[i] His name is Arbatroll. Have fun....[/i]

Arbatroll charged, unleashing a blast of green-blue flame.

Ditzy quickly angred. [color=#40E0D0]His opinions are only for his benifit! Why, i should put-[/color] Ditzy ewas cut off by the sudden fireball. he put a barrior made of clouds around him and Matthew. Ditzy restored Matthew to his original state in a matter of seconds, and shook him back and forth. matthew woke up, and was about so singe Ditzy with some magic, but Ditzy was ahead of him, and told Matthew of the situation. He swore to get ditzy back. Matthew uttered some words, then shouted "Iceicle crash!" A giant iceicle hurdled its way twords the hellfire, acting as a distration so Ditzy's cloud missles wuld be able to make contact.

Soar caught up with Inarovana and flew beside the dragon. The dragon keeping himself parallel, Zayne got out of his usual spot, and went to recline on his dragon's back. He sighed.

Sending telepathy to Soar, he asked, [i]How much longer till we arrive at our destination? It shouldn't be too far off, right? We ARE flying there, after all.[/i]
[i][u]Hmm...we shouldn't too far away from the mountains. We should be in the alpine region very soon, I believe. From there, we just continue slightly northeast, and Wrayym shouldn't be too far off from there, hopefully.[/u][/i]
[i]Well that's good to know, [/i]Zayne replied with a chuckle.

Directing his thoughts at Nevirath, he communicated with her. [i]Since we have some time, let's have you work on your telepathy, and your overall ability to handle it. Since you're Draconian, you should be like a median for humans and dragons, and we can't have you going down in the middle of a potentially important conversation with a potentially iconic human or dragon.[/i]

Nevirath Sighed as This was taking quite a while. Nevirath telepathically said back to Zayne, but this time, it was somewhat garbled, but it was not loud enough to cause the loss of balance in either of them [i][color=#4b0082]"Okay Zayne..."[/color][/i]

After that part of the conversation, That's when Nevirath and Zayne had arrived at the Alpine Area where She started to converse more with Zayne and Soar, Telepathically Saying to Zayne [i][color=#4b0082]"I'm guessing we go Northwest now? Since Azathoth Volcano was north of where we started... I'm sorta Guessing that..." [/color][/i]That was when Inarovana started to telepathically speak to and interrupted Nevirath, Zayne and Soar.[i] [color=#000080]"I'm not sure about you guys, But I'm getting a bit Hungry, I'm going to drop down to get something to eat...[/color]"[/i] At which Inarovana flew lower and ate some of the leaves on some trees...

Kobalt stood, mouth open, as the large Pumpkin Dragon, known as Jack, addressed the group. He was a little miffed when the dragon ignored, and was about to say something when he saw a dull flash of light in the corner. He completely zoned out as to what Jack was saying a looked closer at the light. [i][color=#ee82ee]"Little one, what are you doing?" [/color][/i]Venus asked. As soon as she finished her question, the action started.

The light Kobalt had noticed was the eerie light of the graveyard reflecting off the scales of the Hellfire Wyvern, now attacking them. Being young, and quick on his feet, Kobalt escaped the fiery inferno that engulfed the ground where he had been standing moments before. He drew his daggers and crouched ready for battle. Before he could cast a spell though, a huge icicle was sent spiraling through the air, heading straight for the Hellfire Wyvern. [i][color=#ee82ee]"DO NOT ATTACK MY HATCHLING!" [/color][/i]Venus projected this thought outward, yelling in the minds of all humans and dragons around. She followed with a roar and then attacked. Paying no heed to her own safety she leaped at the Hellfire, her claws outstretched. Trailing from her nostrils was a stream of pink fog that Kobalt knew would soon envelop the entire landscape.

[color=#0000cd]"Don't take all the fun," [/color]Kobalt complained. He muttered a string of incantations, preparing to cast a powerful spell. [color=#0000cd]"Arrow Storm!" [/color]Kobalt cried. If the spell would be up to its intended power, several hundreds arrows would've rained down on the Hellfire, but Kobalt had mispronounced several of the incantations in the spell. Instead of hundreds of arrows, a single sparrow appeared overhead in a blast of light. Kobalt cursed as he saw the doings of his spell. He let the bird fly away and instead began to cast a simple spell. A large bubble erupted from the ends of his daggers and rocketed towards the Hellfire dragon. If the attack proved successful the Hellfire would be hit with hundreds of pounds of falling water.

[i]HA![/i] Shouted Jack. [i]You really think I'm that stupid![/i] He dashed in and intercepted the wave of water. [i]OOOH, that felt good. Now now, no cheating young one. [/i]He said to Kobalt with a terrifying grin on his face. [i]That would mean...bad things.[/i] The Hellfire, in teh meantime, had thrown Venus off and singed her right hindleg pretty badly. Nostrils smouldering, Arbatroll quickly melted the icicles headed towards him, and blasted another inferno at Venus.

Adreus shrieked as Arbatroll singed Venus's hind leg. He took off, high into the sky, a streak of black telling where he went, and to Lintra, what he was doing. "Go Adreus!" she shouted. "Now," she said, turning to Arbatroll. "Lets see how you handle this!" Lintra spoke the words of a powerful Shadow spell; "Amplecti tenebris. Amplecti de Nocte. Umbrata Erinys contritio!" A dark phantom shape burst from her hands, slamming into Arbatroll, knocking him off-balance.

Venus screamed in agony as the fire hit her hind leg. She had never felt the sting of a Hellfire's inferno and this was all completely new. Eyes red with anger, Venus released her full fury. The pink fog she had been emitting now burst forth covering the landscape. She had cast the fog so that her allies and herself would not be affected by it and their sight would not be hindered, but Arbatroll was a different story. The fog would mess with his emotions and senses. Slowing down his reflexes, and clouding his judgement.

Kobalt could tell that Venus was hurt to an incredible degree. He chanted a long stream of incantations, each word carefully pronounced so as to prevent any mishaps. Returning to the battle, Kobalt drew inspiration from Lintra's attack. [color=#0000cd]"Egredietur spiritus in oceano me prælium. Dimittere tua torrentem super terram et mergunt omnes ante me." [/color]Kobalt's voice rang clear at the end of the spell. When he had finished, he felt most of his energy seep out of him, but a smile crossed his face as he saw the workings of the spell begin. A geyser of water erupted in front of him and then another and another. Soon the ground grew soggy and the grass lay in a continously growing pool of water. [color=#ee82ee][i]"That was risky, little one," [/i][/color]Venus whispered in his mind, but also sending a feeling of praise in his direction as well.

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Matthew and Ditzy unleashed there well thought plan. Ditzy used his "sleep" clouds; witch would not affect the hellfire, to conceal Matthews’s dragon arrows. Thanks to the pink fog, the clouds would be even harder to detect. Ditzy was enraged at Jack, and this hellfire was going to get the worst of it. Matthew shot 4 arrows, concealed by 5 clouds. 1 was a decoy; the others had a painful arrow waiting to hit its mark. Matthew felt his boots getting wet, and he saw Kobalt was looking tiered. Ditzy put Matthew on a floating cloud, and they both flew to Kobalt. Ditzy hoisted Kobalt onto another floating cloud. [i]Venus, are you alright? [/i]Matthew asked? He looked her leg, and gasped. It was burned pretty badly. He pulled one of his herbs, the tiger root, out of his bag. He chewed on it, and then put it on her leg. [i]This should help cure the wound. It won’t happen immediately, but, it should feel better.[/i] Matthew told Venus.[/color][/size][/font]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Nevirath Landed, a small pygmy dragon bolted twords her. [i]Are you lost? Why would a traveler adventure here? Dont you know about the vampire dragon? I would advise you to turn back here.[/i] The pygmy dragon informed Nevirath.

[i]NO NO NO! [/i]Screamed Jack. [i]WATER IS AGAINST THE RULES! YOU ARE ALL DISQUALIFIED! [/i]Jack sounded extremely angry. [i]I refuse to impart any information from this cowardly display! [/i]He then turned to Lintra. [i]I bet you still want your information dont you? Then solve this.[/i] He spoke the next bit to the entire rest of the group. [i]If you can solve this puzzle, I'll give you some information. A Black Stripe dragon, a White Stripe dragon, and a Red Stripe dragon are sharing farmland. The Black Stripe grows herbs. The White Stripe grows flowers. And the Red Stripe grows crops to share with the humans. Now, each dragon is supposed to have one-third of the farmland. But the Black Stripe invades on the White Stripes land, and plants his herbs in her flowers, sucking up the nutrients. But the Red Stripe has no idea that this is happening. One day, he's crossing part of White's land to get to part of his land. He notices that one of the Black Stripes tree's has been planted in there, and crosses diagonally northeast to Blacks land, and confronts him about it. The Black Stripe says he planted his plants in Whites land, because Red was planting apples in his southeast corner. Red says he had to plant apples there because White was planting sunflowers in his southwest corner. To solve this puzzle, awnser this: How is the land divided in between Red, Black, and White?[/i]

Archived