New Photon/Galaxy Support

[center][b]Kuriphoton[/b][/center]
[center]Fiend/LIGHT/Level 1[/center]
[center]300 ATK/200 DEF[/center]
[center]During either player's turn: You can pay 2000 Life Points and discard this card from your hand; all damage you take becomes 0 this turn. If this card is in the Graveyard: You can send 1 "Photon" monster from your hand to the Graveyard, except "Kuriphoton"; add this card from the Graveyard to your hand.[/center]

[center][b]Dimensions Wanderer[/b][/center]
[center]Spellcaster/LIGHT/Level 1[/center]
[center]ATK 0/DEF 0[/center]
[center]When a monster is banished by the effect of "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon": You can discard this card from your hand; inflict 3000 damage to your opponent. The effect of "Dimensions Wanderer" can only be used once per turn.[/center]

[center][b]Photon Pirate[/b][/center]
[center]Machine/LIGHT/Level 3[/center]
[center]1000 ATK/1000 DEF[/center]
[center]Twice per turn: You can banish 1 "Photon" monster from your Graveyard; this card gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase.[/center]
[center]
[b]Galaxy Wizard[/b]
Spellcaster/LIGHT/Level 4
ATK 0/DEF 1800
Once per turn: You can increase this card's Level by 4. During your Main Phase: You can Tribute this card; add 1 "Galaxy" card except "Galaxy Wizard" from your Deck to your hand.[/center]

[center][b]Photon Slayer[/b][/center]
[center]Warrior/LIGHT/Level 5[/center]
[center]2100 ATK/1000 DEF[/center]
[center]If you control an Xyz monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Defense Position.[/center]

[center][b]Brilliant Photon Paladios[/b]
Warrior/LIGHT
ATK 2000/DEF 1000
Rank 4: 2 LIGHT Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card and target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; the target's effects are negated and its ATK becomes 0. When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by your opponent's card: Draw 1 card.[/center]

[center][b]Feelings Towards the Future[/b][/center]
[center]Normal Spell[/center]
[center]Target 3 monsters with different Levels in your Graveyard; Special Summon those targets. Their ATK becomes 0 and their effects are negated. During the End Phase, if you did not Xyz Summon this turn: take 4000 damage. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except Xyz Monsters, during the turn you activate this card.[/center]

[center][b]Accel Light[/b][/center]
[center]Normal Spell[/center]
[center]If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Photon" or "Galaxy" monster from your Deck. You cannot Normal Summon or Set during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Accel Light" per turn.[/center]

[center][b]Galaxy Zero[/b][/center]
[center]Equip Spell[/center]
[center]Target 1 "Photon" or "Galaxy" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position and equip it with this card. Its effects are negated and it cannot attack. If it would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy this card instead. If this card leaves the field: The ATK of the monster it was equipped to becomes 0. You can only activate 1 "Galaxy Zero" per turn.[/center]

[center]On Kaito Duelist Pack.[/center]
[center]Discuss.[/center]

Paladios is good. Galaxy Wizard is good in the deck it works in. Photon Pirate is interesting since it can reach 3000 ATK and pretty much run over everything in format but otherwise bad.

Feelings Towards the Future. Extremely interesting, and probably quite good. Accel Light and Galaxy Zero look inconsistent, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1344704817' post='6004199']
I would mention Birdman, but it seems irrelevant at this point.
[/quote]

Most obvious problem with Slayer is that it does nothing by itself without another Level 5 monster (or some bad level-changing combo).

If it does have a cool DEF, well, it probably becomes a choice tech in decks that can get out Xyzs consistently.

Now that I look at it, Accel Light seems interesting. It into Photon Lizard or Galaxy Wizard seems hilarious.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1344704939' post='6004200']
Most obvious problem with Slayer is that it does nothing by itself without another Level 5 monster (or some bad level-changing combo).
If it does have a cool DEF, well, it probably becomes a choice tech in decks that can get out Xyzs consistently.[/quote]
Knowing the archetype, 5$ says it has 2000DEF

[quote name='X-Metaman' timestamp='1344704391' post='6004190']
[b]I[/b]n DP Kaito

Source:â—†pshOIaGXj0CA

Info is from next V Jump
[/quote]
Info is from next VJUMP?: it's like what you said when you posted in one of the banlist topics "if the scan doesn't have info on DP Kaito, then..."

also i would've thought you'd edit Pirate's DEF as 1000 because anime

I am intrigued. But let's see...assuming these are the real effects:

Kuriphoton: SUCKS. You -1 and -2000 LP to take no damage. Its Graveyard effect lets you swap a Photon in hand to recover it, which is just meh.

Dimensions Wanderer: Amusing, but not that good. Dealing 3000 definitely hurts, but it's conditional even ignoring that Galaxy-Eyes can easily use its effect, and needing to have one in hand. It could be a lulzy tech, but the Type of Deck I'd run these cards in would be fairly tight on space as it is.

Photon Pirate: Actually, pretty decent. It's a Level 3, and it can become a 2000 or 3000 by banishing Graveyard Photons. Necessary, no. Kind of cool, sure.

Galaxy Wizard: I like it. Its stats aren't that good, but it's a Level 4 that can become a Level 8, and it can Tribute itself to add a Galaxy monster, like Galaxy Knight or Galaxy-Eyes.

Photon Slayer: Interesting. It's a bit too conditional for a Level 5, but it has potential, especially when you consider things like Photon Satellite and Feelings. Different levels among the Photons isnt bad.

Brilliant Photon Paladios: Hm. 2 Level 4 Lights isnt too hard to fulfill, and 2000 ATK is...expected among Photons, and the effect is just brutal, being able to negate a monster effect and turn its ATK to 0, plus get a draw if it's destroyed by the opponent. It's decent, but not spectacular.

Feelings Toward Future: It's cool, but it's got a lot of conditions. Assuming only Photons and not also Galaxy, it's a risky card. You need 3 Photons with different Levels in the Grave, a simple enough task with cards like Satellite, Thrasher, and GEPD, but you take 4000 damage if you DONT Xyz Summon, the effects are negated, so Photon Satellite can't do anything awesome, and the ATK is 0. You also can't SS other monsters that turn, except Xyz. Which means you need to combo it with something like Galaxy Queen's Light, or already have a monster on the Field.

Accel Light: If you have no monsters you can SS a Level 4 or lower Galaxy or Photon from Deck. This is awesome. It's like A Hero Lives, except without the LP cost. However, you can't Normal Summon in the same turn, so again, a combo card. It can work very nicely with Galaxy Wizard, especially if you have Thrasher in hand or something.

Galaxy Zero: Oh my god, this is awesome. It's a Premature Burial for Photon/Galaxy, only instead of paying LP, you negate the effect and it can't attack. And if the Equip leaves the Field, rather than the monster dying, its ATK becomes 0. Lastly, it can send itself to prevent one instance of destruction by battle. Combined with something like Accel Light, you could get some really sweet combos rolling.

Also when considering Galaxy Knight and Galaxy Expedition, Neo Galaxy Decks will get a major boost. I'll probably run one again when the cards come out, just for fun.

Kuriphoton is ridiculous for Countdown decks. It's another level 1 to add consistency for Piper as a draw engine, hand trap like Scarecrow and Fader meaning the deck moves more towards not even having to summon or set to get around attacks, and your lifepoints shouldn't be getting touched in the first place so the cost doesn't matter really. It's definitely something that will be considered. It also can be used to fuel Hope for an Escape for decks that want to go that route. It does nothing for Photons and the second effect will probably never come into play but it's not a bad card at all for the already ridiculous Countdown build these days.

Slayer can make Bounzer or M7 with Sattelite, could be interesting considering the build one chooses to run.

Paladios is a great new toy for Watts and the Thunder Family as well. The added draw if it dies is a nice bonus since just the primary effect is fantastic.

Accel Light seems really interesting but also really inconsistent.

Dimensions Wanderer is lol. I have no idea if Photon Burn willl become a thing or not but it's an incredibly silly card.

Galaxy Zero is a nice balanced Premature for Xyzing purposes.

Pirate can make a decent tech to clean up something you can't quite get over or a last push. Also, can create something silly like Return Photons but I really can't see that working all that well.

Feelings will lead to stupid plays in the future. No pun intended.

Galaxy Wizard is hmmm...no idea what exactly to use it for besides the obvious but not bad.

Archived