Why do you hate Vanilla (Normal) Monsters so much? Curiousity Satisfied Lock Please!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't do anything. Games cannot be won with just effects, and with the ban list, the effects of spells and traps that make monster effects unneeded to win are not allowed, so monster effects become needed in order to win games.

In other words, Effect > no effect.

Cause they suck.

It has to do with the usefulness of the card. In today's Monarch dominated Metagame, a deck running Gene-Warped Warwolf won't stand a chance against a Monarch deck. Why? Can the wolf break through Marshmallon? No. Spirit Reaper? No. Etc. It is much better to use a card that can put you in a position to win, than to just give you more attack power than the averagely played no-tribute. If your opponent drops Zaborg next turn by tributing their Marshmallon, the Zaborg is going to kill your Wolf with his effect, then attack directly for 2400.

In the "Realistic Cards" forum, people disrespect Normal type monsters because they are not creative. You can get respect by creating Normal type monsters with supplement cards.

I create Normal type monsters, and I contribute it to the "Realistic Cards" forum, but people call me pathetic. Avoid caring what others think, and do what you like.

Normal type monsters are excellant. The powerful Lv4 Normal type monsters have high ATK, which can be useful. Some Normal type monsters gain potential with the use of other cards based on them.

If you use Normal type monsters, make sure you have a powerful strategy. Though they are not that strong compared to Effect monsters, you can still trust them if you know how to work with them.

Guest Chaos Pudding

In the "Realistic Cards" forum' date=' people disrepect Normal type monsters because they are not creative. You can get respect by posting creating Normal type monsters with supplement cards.

I create Normal type monsters, and I contribute it to the "Realistic Cards" forum, but people call me pathetic. Avoid caring what others think, and do what you like.

Normal type monsters are excellant. The powerful Lv4 Normal type monsters have high ATK, which can be useful. Some Normal type monsters gain potential with the use of other cards based on them.

If you use Normal type monsters, make sure you have a powerful strategy.

[/quote']

It's posts like these that make me unable to take you seriously.

In the "Realistic Cards" forum' date=' people disrepect Normal type monsters because they are not creative. You can get respect by posting creating Normal type monsters with supplement cards.

If you use Normal type monsters, make sure you have a powerful strategy.

[/quote']

You know, I tend to be known as the nice guy around here, but WTF are you talking about? It's fine to make the occasional Normal in the Card Maker, then the creativity lies in the picture and the name, as well as the description. However, Effect monsters are more interesting, and more creative. Normal monsters are NOT excellent. Some themes with enough support can be good casual decks. (eg. Dark Magician decks) And some themes can rely on Normal monsters (eg. Demise with Advanced Ritual Art). But there is no deck that utilizes Normals for their attack. (No good one, anyway) They can use them because their win conditions require Normals, but not because the Normals themselves are good in any way.

If you use Normal type monsters, make sure you have a powerful strategy. Though they are not that strong compared to Effect monsters, you can still trust them if you know how to work with them.

[/quote']

Agreed with Chaos Pudding, you really shouldn't play the diplomat game and lie to this kids face about them being playable when they clearly are not. That bit of "Good Strategy" was good though. You should perhaps be a diplomat, you definently have a natural talent for that. or*cough*idiocy*cough*

*sigh* Its posts like these that explain why I am not a mod.

Well to be honest with all of you I used to play a Solid Beatdown Deck. (I use it for all the Handheld YGO Games) Lately I've Started to experiment with more creative Effect Monsters. I still thrown in a few Normal Monsters for a High ATK Opener of course.

I am not forcing people to use Normal type monsters.

Nevertheless, you are on a forum. With that comes all of the responsibilities therein. Someone who respects you may be influenced by your opinion. Likewise, if they find your opinion idiotic, they may lose respect for you. Chances are you aren't like too much around here because you have "bad" opinions. It seems harsh that a person's experience should be reflected upon the individual character of that person, but it happens.

EDIT: I apologize for my earlier post, Hope. I think I came across more harshly then I intended. Though, my point still stands, regardless.

Just because you're not holding a gun to our heads and forcing us to add Normal Monsters to our decks doesn't make you immune to being completely and utterly WRONG.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Just because you're not holding a gun to our heads and forcing us to add Normal Monsters to our decks doesn't make you immune to being completely and utterly WRONG.

Lets stop the cursing. I am sorry if I my post was horrible.

What cursing? I don't see anything that could be even remotely considered a "curse".

Lets stop the cursing. I am sorry if I my post was horrible.

What cursing? I don't see anything that could be even remotely considered a "curse".

Haven't you been paying attention to 4Kids, our lord and master? "Gun" is clearly a curse word, and any reference to such a thing must be purged.

Archived