Why do you hate Vanilla (Normal) Monsters so much? Curiousity Satisfied Lock Please!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on..... Please don't start arguing here! :( This is a Conversation about Normal Monsters....

But it's already been established that they're bad. >_>

I laughing out of my chair at everyone who says their pointless now a days.. What if I were to tell you that its HIGHLY LIKELY that the new "Cool" main character of 5D's uses normal monsters? At 1st one might say in response is: "So.. all the main characters have so far.. whats the difference?"

Well the main character uses many "Low Level" monsters, quite a few below the "4 Star" mark..

Theirs been several deck's in "REALITY" that have been kicking since yugioh was 1st created, all made out of Normal Monsters because an effect monster back before even the Year 2000, was rare.. rare enough a vanilla monster that was: 800 ATK & DEF was considered "UBER POWER!!!". Whats really interesting is the 1st super large tournament in the year 2000, the decks all had normal monsters but since their was a very small Pop. of cards were even effect cards, a EFFECT MONSTER was considered the "Unusual One" out of decks as they were a new thing popping up. :razz:

Also its not nice to be knocking on Normal Monsters, truly I have seen many on here treating them as not even "Garbage Material", its almost like saying: Cavemen didn't exist, as we are very civalized beings. Many may choose to revolt and say "THATS NOT THE SAME", but heres the part your missing... the 1st yugioh cards are like the cavemen of the society in yugioh. As in its just like knocking on "Cavemen" saying thats ridiculous and merely fiction.

:)

I laughing out of my chair at everyone who says their pointless now a days.. What if I were to tell you that its HIGHLY LIKELY that the new "Cool" main character of 5D's uses normal monsters? At 1st one might say in response is: "So.. all the main characters have so far.. whats the difference?"

Well the main character uses many "Low Level" monsters' date=' quite a few below the [b']"4 Star"[/b] mark..

Theirs been several deck's in "REALITY" that have been kicking since yugioh was 1st created, all made out of Normal Monsters because an effect monster back before even the Year 2000, was rare.. rare enough a vanilla monster that was: 800 ATK & DEF was considered "UBER POWER!!!". Whats really interesting is the 1st super large tournament in the year 2000, the decks all had normal monsters but since their was a very small Pop. of cards were even effect cards, a EFFECT MONSTER was considered the "Unusual One" out of decks as they were a new thing popping up. :razz:

Also its not nice to be knocking on Normal Monsters, truly I have seen many on here treating them as not even "Garbage Material", its almost like saying: Cavemen didn't exist, as we are very civalized beings. Many may choose to revolt and say "THATS NOT THE SAME", but heres the part your missing... the 1st yugioh cards are like the cavemen of the society in yugioh, as in its just like knocking on "Cavemen" saying thats ridiculous.

Whee, they were decent once back when there were no alternatives in existence. That doesn't make them any less bad now.

Well the main character uses many "Low Level" monsters' date=' quite a few below the [b']"4 Star"[/b] mark..

Also its not nice to be knocking on Normal Monsters, truly I have seen many on here treating them as not even "Garbage Material", its almost like saying: Cavemen didn't exist, as we are very civalized beings. Many may choose to revolt and say "THATS NOT THE SAME", but heres the part your missing... the 1st yugioh cards are like the cavemen of the society in yugioh, as in its just like knocking on "Cavemen" saying thats ridiculous.

Why did you bold random words of your post?

And did I just see you try to bring up an 8 year old meta?

Whee' date=' they were decent once back when there were no alternatives in existence. That doesn't make them any less bad now.

[/quote']

Quoted for truth.

And Gravitize, I'm still uncertain whether I should be speeching to you about not using age as an insult or glowing with pride as my ego is massaged. (was that an insult or a compliment)

Whee' date=' they were decent once back when there were no alternatives in existence. That doesn't make them any less bad now.

[/quote']

Quoted for truth.

And Gravitize, I'm still uncertain whether I should be speeching to you about not using age as an insult or glowing with pride as my ego is massaged. (was that an insult or a compliment)

Do you even read the posts around you? Compare and figure things out; you don't need me to confirm.

@ Horus: Guess what? If it weren't for the shows and manga yugioh would be dying at a faster rate and as we all know, a very large amount of normal monsters had "Spotlight", its like ever wonder why the small ones play with "Vanilla Monsters" like E-Hero Wingman or E-Hero Burstinatrix or DARK MAGICIAN in their decks? Because the cards are shown as uber cool which actually affects the OCG & TCG format you play in HORUS.

And also HORUS, have you played a friend of mine by the name of Chris? Hes a judge but none the less the only decks he can loose to are Cookie Cutter decks, his deck involves the Dark Magician, a popular Vanilla Monster, if you say now that "Dark Magician is an Exception" thats being a hypocrite on your part, and if you try denning it, and since its on the net it also does lead others to believe your hiding something.

I'm in the debate club, what can I say? :razz: (Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just needed to get that off my chest and as well try to enlighten you.)

@ Horus: Guess what? If it weren't for the shows and manga yugioh would be dying at a faster rate and as we all know' date=' a very large amount of normal monsters had "Spotlight", its like ever wonder why the small ones play with "Vanilla Monsters" like E-Hero Wingman or E-Hero Burstinatrix or DARK MAGICIAN in their decks? Because the cards are shown as uber cool which actually affects the OCG & TCG format you play in HORUS.

And also HORUS, have you played a friend of mine by the name of Chris? Hes a judge but none the less the only decks he can loose to are Cookie Cutter decks, his deck involves the Dark Magician, a popular Vanilla Monster, if you say now that "Dark Magician is an Exception" thats being a hypocrite on your part, and if you try denning it, and since its on the net it also does lead others to believe your hiding something.

I'm in the debate club, what can I say? :razz: (Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just needed to get that off my chest and as well try to enlighten you.)

[/quote']

I think Kramer just got owned. +1 for that, Go you!

@ Horus: Guess what? If it weren't for the shows and manga yugioh would be dying at a faster rate and as we all know' date=' a very large amount of normal monsters had "Spotlight", its like ever wonder why the small ones play with "Vanilla Monsters" like E-Hero Wingman or E-Hero Burstinatrix or DARK MAGICIAN in their decks? Because the cards are shown as uber cool which actually affects the OCG & TCG format you play in HORUS.[/quote']

Except it doesn't. The meta isn't determined by what bad players run; it's determined by what is run by people who win.

And also HORUS' date=' have you played a friend of mine by the name of Chris? Hes a judge but none the less the only decks he can loose to are Cookie Cutter decks, his deck involves the Dark Magician, a popular Vanilla Monster, if you say now that "Dark Magician is an Exception" thats being a hypocrite on your part, and if you try denning it, and since its on the net it also does lead others to believe your hiding something.[/quote']

I've never played your friend Chris, and I highly doubt that a Dark Magician deck can defeat every deck that isn't cookiecutter. Unless, of course, you redefine cookiecutter to include every deck that beats him.

I'm in the debate club' date=' what can I say? :razz: (Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just needed to get that off my chest and as well try to enlighten you.)

[/quote']

You're not doing a very good job at debating.

@ Horus: Guess what? If it weren't for the shows and manga yugioh would be dying at a faster rate and as we all know' date=' a very large amount of normal monsters had "Spotlight", its like ever wonder why the small ones play with "Vanilla Monsters" like E-Hero Wingman or E-Hero Burstinatrix or DARK MAGICIAN in their decks? Because the cards are shown as uber cool which actually affects the OCG & TCG format you play in HORUS.[/quote']

Except it doesn't. The meta isn't determined by what bad players run; it's determined by what is run by people who win.

And also HORUS' date=' have you played a friend of mine by the name of Chris? Hes a judge but none the less the only decks he can loose to are Cookie Cutter decks, his deck involves the Dark Magician, a popular Vanilla Monster, if you say now that "Dark Magician is an Exception" thats being a hypocrite on your part, and if you try denning it, and since its on the net it also does lead others to believe your hiding something.[/quote']

I've never played your friend Chris, and I highly doubt that a Dark Magician deck can defeat every deck that isn't cookiecutter. Unless, of course, you redefine cookiecutter to include every deck that beats him.

I'm in the debate club' date=' what can I say? :razz: (Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just needed to get that off my chest and as well try to enlighten you.)

[/quote']

You're not doing a very good job at debating.

She expressed her point clearly, gave insight to perspective, and tried to give a convincing argument. Thats basic debate technique, which actually isn't used by most people I see who try to argue a point. Despite the fact that she isn't taking the side that is commonly agreed with, the fact that she could at least put that much up is actually quite a feat. Plus, its Kramer, and I want to laugh at him anyway, so there :P

Archived