Why do you hate Vanilla (Normal) Monsters so much? Curiousity Satisfied Lock Please!

@ Horus: Guess what? If it weren't for the shows and manga yugioh would be dying at a faster rate and as we all know' date=' a very large amount of normal monsters had "Spotlight", its like ever wonder why the small ones play with "Vanilla Monsters" like E-Hero Wingman or E-Hero Burstinatrix or DARK MAGICIAN in their decks? Because the cards are shown as uber cool which actually affects the OCG & TCG format you play in HORUS.[/quote']

Except it doesn't. The meta isn't determined by what bad players run; it's determined by what is run by people who win.

And also HORUS' date=' have you played a friend of mine by the name of Chris? Hes a judge but none the less the only decks he can loose to are Cookie Cutter decks, his deck involves the Dark Magician, a popular Vanilla Monster, if you say now that "Dark Magician is an Exception" thats being a hypocrite on your part, and if you try denning it, and since its on the net it also does lead others to believe your hiding something.[/quote']

I've never played your friend Chris, and I highly doubt that a Dark Magician deck can defeat every deck that isn't cookiecutter. Unless, of course, you redefine cookiecutter to include every deck that beats him.

I'm in the debate club' date=' what can I say? :razz: (Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just needed to get that off my chest and as well try to enlighten you.)

[/quote']

You're not doing a very good job at debating.

She expressed her point clearly, gave insight to perspective, and tried to give a convincing argument. Thats basic debate technique, which actually isn't used by most people I see who try to argue a point. Despite the fact that she isn't taking the side that is commonly agreed with, the fact that she could at least put that much up is actually quite a feat. Plus, its Kramer, and I want to laugh at him anyway, so there :P

But the problem is that the argument was in no way convincing, as evidenced by the lack of people convinced by said argument.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but, dark magician alone sucks sooooo bad, he needs a LOT of support to become playable (let's say thousand knives, magical dimension, DMG, skilled dark magician, ETC)

vanilla monsters used to be good, even in some deck they worked, and the new supports to vanillas almost made a revival to them, but what happen?? they're not good by themselves, depending on several supports makes a card less functional...

Ok, Dark Magician decks are a fun decks to play casually. They can actually have some punch behind them, but they are NOT competitive. Of course it loses to Cookie Cutter decks. If you noticed, there are quite a few playable decks in the Metagame right now. Cookie Cutter isn't such a derogatory term right now. Next, there are quite a few non-meta decks that were once tournament worthy or are close to it. DM decks can't beat those either. They're FUN decks, NOT COMPETITIVE decks.

@ Horus: Guess what? If it weren't for the shows and manga yugioh would be dying at a faster rate and as we all know' date=' a very large amount of normal monsters had "Spotlight", its like ever wonder why the small ones play with "Vanilla Monsters" like E-Hero Wingman or E-Hero Burstinatrix or DARK MAGICIAN in their decks? Because the cards are shown as uber cool which actually affects the OCG & TCG format you play in HORUS.[/quote']

Except it doesn't. The meta isn't determined by what bad players run; it's determined by what is run by people who win.

And also HORUS' date=' have you played a friend of mine by the name of Chris? Hes a judge but none the less the only decks he can loose to are Cookie Cutter decks, his deck involves the Dark Magician, a popular Vanilla Monster, if you say now that "Dark Magician is an Exception" thats being a hypocrite on your part, and if you try denning it, and since its on the net it also does lead others to believe your hiding something.[/quote']

I've never played your friend Chris, and I highly doubt that a Dark Magician deck can defeat every deck that isn't cookiecutter. Unless, of course, you redefine cookiecutter to include every deck that beats him.

I'm in the debate club' date=' what can I say? :razz: (Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just needed to get that off my chest and as well try to enlighten you.)

[/quote']

1) they do define the meta, elemental heroes, random normal monsters and all like why is Gene-Warped Warwolf considered good? Its merely a vanilla monster with high attack, but used...

2) He runs a spell-caster deck involving the DM as his highest ATK monster but his deck does run tricks that even have run over Six Samurai decks that are truly "Well Built"

3) (I can be very serious when debating, and I am doing that now)

By Cookie cutter you mean people who copy another Persons Deck Right? Maybe I am stuck in the Duelist Kingdom Arc..... I remember one Key Deck being "Clown Control" Then there was the supposedly "Solid Beatdown" Deck.

I feel so behind.....

[/quote']

She expressed her point clearly, gave insight to perspective, and tried to give a convincing argument. Thats basic debate technique, which actually isn't used by most people I see who try to argue a point. Despite the fact that she isn't taking the side that is commonly agreed with, the fact that she could at least put that much up is actually quite a feat. Plus, its Kramer, and I want to laugh at him anyway, so there :P

But the problem is that the argument was in no way convincing, as evidenced by the lack of people convinced by said argument.

The part that didn't include her friends deck seems true enough, this game would be dead if the show didn't keep children's parents buying the cards. Since you don't own IRL cards, and I get (a lot of) mine illegally, I guess we both can't say we help that market much, but enough people who aren't all Metagame players pay enough for these cards that the company still produces them.

1) they do define the meta' date=' elemental heroes, random normal monsters and all like [b']why is Gene-Warped Warwolf considered good? Its merely a vanilla monster with high attack, but used...[/b]

2) He runs a spell-caster deck involving the DM as his highest ATK monster but his deck does run tricks that even have run over Six Samurai decks that are truly "Well Built"

3) (I can be very serious when debating, and I am doing that now)

I secede, I think the bolded part proves you right Mr. Brimley. Enjoy the Glory.

[/quote']

1) they do define the meta, elemental heroes, random normal monsters and all like why is Gene-Warped Warwolf considered good? Its merely a vanilla monster with high attack, but used...

The problem is that Gene-Warped Warwolf isn't considered good, especially compared to Effect Monsters. The only good Elemental Heroes are Stratos and Wildheart, both of which are Effect Monsters. No decent deck runs random Normal Monsters.

That would need to depend on the definition of well built. Without seeing both decklists, it's impossible for us to tell.

Also, Dark Red Enchanter is much better than Dark Magician.

@ Jspamax: Your not really behind, thats all their is to a Cookie Cutter deck, its a strong deck copied by millions, I doubt my friend's deck could be an King of Armageddon deck but I never seen his deck battle one so its a toss up.

Also it is good to those who use: "BEATDOWN", and also DRE is true better but.. I wonder why hes not as used as much compared to DM?

@ Jspamax: Your not really behind' date=' thats all their is to a Cookie Cutter deck, its a strong deck copied by millions, I doubt my friend's deck could be an King of Armageddon deck but I never seen his deck battle one so its a toss up.

[/quote']

Demise decks haven't been good for an entire format now.

Also, if you're serious about debating, don't just say that you know someone that we don't know that was able to beat someone that was using a decktype that we consider good when build properly. That's not going to persuade anyone. You need to prove that Normal Monsters are at least as good as Effect Monsters, not just claim that someone you know runs a Dark Magician deck.

@ Jspamax: Your not really behind' date=' thats all their is to a Cookie Cutter deck, its a strong deck copied by millions, I doubt my friend's deck could be an King of Armageddon deck but I never seen his deck battle one so its a toss up.

[/quote']

lolz

Also it is good to those who use: "BEATDOWN", and also DRE is true better but.. I wonder why hes not as used as much compared to DM?

[/quote']

Because it costs $20?

[/quote']

lolz

It's true. That's what makes the limiting of ARA extra-pointless; it would be like banning Primal Seed.

Also it is good to those who use: "BEATDOWN"' date=' and also DRE is true better but.. I wonder why hes not as used as much compared to DM?

[/quote']

1. Because he's been out for less than a month.

2. Because during the entire time that he's been out, Dark Armed Dragon has been the only viable deck (with the March format here, DDT and Valley/Explosion are the other two).

3. Because neither can stand up to really competitive decks, but Dark Magician attracts newb players due to its Anime role.

Right, you guys are the experts and I'm not if so I will just shut my mouth if that works...

:Snaps the off topic twig, so we can get back to the reason this was discussed and if we have no further words for this discussion I might want to ask one to close it unless we got something new to bring to this table:

Archived