I'm posting way too many topics, 2 today is too many [Seismic Dreadnought]

Seismic Dreadnought
Effect Monster 8* Rock-type EARTH 2600/2200
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 3 Rock-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed to face-up Defense Position. (Flip effects(s) are not activated at this time). This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This card inflicts piercing damage.

I posted this in RC, but I didn't get ANY decent reviews at all. I know that if I'm lucky enough to even get one in WC, it won't suck. [size=1]Please don't let me down. Please please please please please.[/size]

Edit: Nerfed to keep more Rocks in your grave, (not for lolspeed).

why 4 seems to munch 3 is golden 2 is not enough so banish 3 rock-type instead of 4 and this card is balanced

ocg fix
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 4 Rock-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: All monsters [b]y[b]our opponent's controls [/b][/b]are changed to face-up Defense Position[b],[/b] [b]and can not change their battle postion until the End Phase.[/b] This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This card inflicts piercing damage.

added that one part so book of the moon (flip monster/ flip/monster like eff//etc.) other cards can not stop this card attempt to cause piercing damage.

[quote name='A Background Character' timestamp='1349927518' post='6041980']
I know that if I'm lucky enough to even get one in WC, it won't suck.[/quote]
[quote]it won't suck.[/quote]

GDI everything.

The first grammar fix might be right, but the second one is just some extra thing you're smuggling in to make CotH turn into a T.Roar.

And I'm iffy on 3 because this effectively single-handedly kills your opponent's frontrow and dishes a bit of damage doing so.

[quote name='A Background Character' timestamp='1349929585' post='6041997']
GDI everything.

The first grammar fix might be right, but the second one is just some extra thing you're smuggling in to make CotH turn into a T.Roar.

And I'm iffy on 3 because this effectively single-handedly kills your opponent's frontrow and dishes a bit of damage doing so.
[/quote]
you how long it would take to put 4 rock-type in the grave? at least 2-3 turns then your grave is empty to bring anything back
the part that added just insure that you can destroy and inflict damage

I was completely unaware that your opponent can change the battle position of his/her monsters during your turn. :|

Also, Rocks have 2 unlimted Foolish Burials, so it isn't as hard for them as it is for other Types. Plus, I really wouldn't like bosses that can just be thrown onto the field within a turn or two into the game very consistently.

[quote name='A Background Character' timestamp='1349985968' post='6042416']
I was completely unaware that your opponent can change the battle position of his/her monsters during your turn.
Also, Rocks have 2 unlimted Foolish Burials, so it isn't as hard for them as it is for other Types. Plus, I really wouldn't like bosses that can just be thrown onto the field within a turn or two into the game very consistently.
[/quote]
book of the moon is a quick-play spell card so yes it is possible

trying to make it where it's more acessible to summon when you need it instead of having it in your hand comppletely useless if
it be summon on the first with out to munch trouble you can summon any time through-out the duel unless there some kind of restriction
to prevent it or something to negate/destroy it when it is summon or attacks thats why im big on 3 not 4 2 is not enough!

1 of the unlimited cards is Catapult Zone, which is once per turn (so 2 if you activate then use it your turn then your opponent's turn) the other is Rock Bombardment, which only sends 1 (so now 3) using 2 cards in your hand for the third in your hand then the possible foolish burial (including foolish burial that would be 4 but still at least a 2 turn wait)

the chance (not counting foolish burial)

9/40 thats 22.5% of your main deck (including 3x of dreadnought rock bombardment and calapult zone) getting 1 or more each in your opening hand (5-6) (at least 1 copy of each card) is like 3.75% to 10% then its still a 2 turn wait by then a possible hand destruction dw dealings card destruction, heavy storm, mst, night beam, card with discard effect or, solemn trap would ruin this (by sending dreadnought to the grave then trying to draw anthor one)

at the current effect requires 4
The only way you can throw 4 rocks in the grave is to combo cards that uses discard and lightsworn and hoping the top card(s) are your rock monsters

still say 3 4 is way to munch
3 is still hard but mangable
2 is to easy first off then considering this monster's effect only 2 would make this card OP'ed
(other archtypes/types of monster are easyier to get the grave quickly rocks get in the grave after a munch struggle to get rid of them by card effects and battle meaning a longer process the new format requires SPEED and 4 is just slow 3 is just right it requires some work but not as hard 2 is way to easy and it would make this op'ed due to it's easy special summoning cost)

[quote name='Garthfunkle Vii Backwards' timestamp='1349990185' post='6042472']
book of the moon is a quick-play spell card so yes it is possible
[b]I'll ignore the fact that BoMing yourself is dumb in this situation and say that I meant that by cards just changing their positions on their own.[/b]

1 of the unlimited cards is Catapult Zone, which is once per turn (so 2 if you activate then use it your turn then your opponent's turn) the other is Rock Bombardment, which only sends 1 (so now 3) using 2 cards in your hand for the third in your hand then the possible foolish burial (including foolish burial that would be 4 but still at least a 2 turn wait)
[b]Then that means there are three. There's some card that lets you mill a Rock to draw a card, though I'm not sure if it's out or what. And yes, I know about these cards. :/[/b]

[b]Also, the fact that you need to wait 2 or more turns for the boss monster isn't even a bad thing. You seem to have it stuck in your head that this needs to have the ability to hit the field in the early stages of the game. [/b]

the chance (not counting foolish burial)

9/40 thats 22.5% of your main deck (including 3x of dreadnought rock bombardment and calapult zone) getting 1 or more each in your opening hand (5-6) (at least 1 copy of each card) is like 3.75% to 10% then its still a 2 turn wait by then a possible hand destruction dw dealings card destruction, heavy storm, mst, night beam, card with discard effect or, solemn trap would ruin this (by sending dreadnought to the grave then trying to draw anthor one)

at the current effect requires 4
The only way you can throw 4 rocks in the grave is to combo cards that uses discard and lightsworn and hoping the top card(s) are your rock monsters

still say 3 4 is way to munch
[b]I still have my doubts on changing it to three. I would rather let it SS itself from the Graveyard before I change to having it need 3.[/b]
3 is still hard but mangable
2 is to easy first off then considering this monster's effect only 2 would make this card OP'ed
[b]Uh, thank you for telling me things that I already know?[/b]
(other archtypes/types of monster are easyier to get the grave quickly rocks get in the grave after a munch struggle to get rid of them by card effects and battle meaning a longer process the new format requires SPEED and 4 is just slow 3 is just right it requires some work but not as hard 2 is way to easy and it would make this op'ed due to it's easy special summoning cost)
[b]With at least two unlimited Foolish Burials, Rocks shouldn't really have that much of a problem with this. Plus, there are those Koaki Meiru cards which are pretty decent in their own accord for stun purposes. Maybe the format is too fast for this, but I really don't agree with making cards that stick with the pace of the incredulous speed. Having the format slow down sounds much better.[/b]
[/quote]

I'd really appreciate it if someone who doesn't have the reputation of a plague rat would post something here.

I was kinda reading the comments, but the last few replies made me feel lazy, so I'll just disregard everything and comment.

I'm going to ignore the existence of BS cards like JD for the sake of thinking "balanced".
I can't really decide on it to be honest.

It's condition is easily fullfilled with cards like Catapult Zone, or just having it later in the game, but at the same time, the only Rock-Deck that comes to mind is Koaki, and their cards are more valuable staying in the Graveyard for you to revive them with the Block Golem. In the other hand, it's a Normal Summonable monster, so..

It's effect is going to most likely destroy all monsters your opponent controls. There aren't many cards used out there with more than 2800 DEF.
I don't usually see much overextention going on, he'll attack 3 monsters at a time at best. Although if he connects, it'll most likely also wipe around 2500 - 3500 Life Points average.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but your card seems to trigger Flips when Summoned.

I personally think it's a heavy monster with a massive damage count. If you are worried about it, you could make it a bit lighter (lowering slightly all stats and Summoning conditions) and at the same time less dangerous.

Though, getting out of the general idea, and talking about the current format, this card wouldn't be exactly format-defining, as is.

I'm mainly worried about the Rocks it needs to banish, not because it might be hard, but because I might need the stones in my grave to make the earth more firm.

[spoiler='Lore'] You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 4 Rock-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed to face-up Defense Position. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This card inflicts piercing damage. [/spoiler]
I can't really find anything wrong with the OCG, but I think you should make it so the effect doesn't trigger Flip effects.
[spoiler='Example'] You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 4 Rock-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed to face-up Defense Position. [b](Flip Effect(s) are not activated at this time.)[/b] This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This card inflicts piercing damage. [/spoiler]

[quote name='Sleepy' timestamp='1350028599' post='6042812']
I was kinda reading the comments, but the last few replies made me feel lazy, so I'll just disregard everything and comment.

I'm going to ignore the existence of BS cards like JD for the sake of thinking "balanced".
I can't really decide on it to be honest.

It's condition is easily fullfilled with cards like Catapult Zone, or just having it later in the game, but at the same time, the only Rock-Deck that comes to mind is Koaki, and their cards are more valuable staying in the Graveyard for you to revive them with the Block Golem. In the other hand, it's a Normal Summonable monster, so..

It's effect is going to most likely destroy all monsters your opponent controls. There aren't many cards used out there with more than 2800 DEF.
I don't usually see much overextention going on, he'll attack 3 monsters at a time at best. Although if he connects, it'll most likely also wipe around 2500 - 3500 Life Points average.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but your card seems to trigger Flips when Summoned.

I personally think it's a heavy monster with a massive damage count. If you are worried about it, you could make it a bit lighter (lowering slightly all stats and Summoning conditions) and at the same time less dangerous.

Though, getting out of the general idea, and talking about the current format, this card wouldn't be exactly format-defining, as is.

I'm mainly worried about the Rocks it needs to banish, not because it might be hard, but because I might need the stones in my grave to make the earth more firm.
[/quote]
Meh. Goes to show how much I suck at modern rocks. The only time I've ever really had a decent Rock deck is back in TF1 where Megarock Dragon was amazing. I could let it keep the Rocks in the Graveyard, but if I do that, I'd like to raise the cost to 5 or 6 instead of 4. And seeing how badly Dark Rainbow Dragon went, I don't want this card to go in the same direction too badly. I guess I can weaken it a bit to make it being faster justifiable. As for negating flip effects, that was just me being lazy and also underestimating the frequency that the facedown is [s]Sangan[/s] Ryko or Night Assailant.
[quote name='Dwight9Howard' timestamp='1350064612' post='6043027']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MOvqN.jpg[/img] like it ?
[/quote]
To be frank, I envision this card to be very similar to a crab. It has at least one long arm with a large pincer on it used for snatching things, and the body shape of the creature is designed to rip through the earth. Thanks though.
[quote name='~10~' timestamp='1350065898' post='6043051']
[spoiler='Lore'] You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 4 Rock-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed to face-up Defense Position. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This card inflicts piercing damage. [/spoiler]
I can't really find anything wrong with the OCG, but I think you should make it so the effect doesn't trigger Flip effects.
[spoiler='Example'] You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 4 Rock-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: All monsters on your opponent's side of the field are changed to face-up Defense Position. [b](Flip Effect(s) are not activated at this time.)[/b] This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This card inflicts piercing damage. [/spoiler]
[/quote]
If there was any fixes to the OCG in the first spoiler, then I'm just not noticing it. Then again, I'm not a big OCG freak. I'll just C&P the second spoiler into the effect then change the card to make it a bit faster and less of a toll to the Graveyard.

[quote name='A Background Character' timestamp='1350073201' post='6043114']
If there was any fixes to the OCG in the first spoiler, then I'm just not noticing it. Then again, I'm not a big OCG freak. I'll just C&P the second spoiler into the effect then change the card to make it a bit faster and less of a toll to the Graveyard.
[/quote]
The first spoiler shows the original lore, and the second one shows the lore with the added effect.

i rather summon obelisk or a "chaos"/"chaos dragon" then this their effect are powerfull (especially obelisk btw) and besides obelisk they only need 2 banish from the grave

if i understand the effect properly it can every monstert (but thats it) so it nukes and cause battle damage but will not be able to attack driectly but black luster soldier envoy of the beginning (only need 2 monsters banish from the grave) can destroy a monster then attack directly

still 3 maybe 2 i'm lingerly on 3 through

1: Oh no, it's weaker than BLS-EotB! I should let this SS itself from the Deck for free to make it even comparable to that card! When you compare cards to one another, it helps a lot if you don't use one that most of the community thinks should be on the banlist. BLS is broken enough, and I don't like competing with broken cards. It just leads to more broken cards most of the time.

2: Obelisk is ran in a totally different deck, and Chaos Dragons are also a completely different deck. Obelisk has a completely different playstyle than this, and Chaos Dragons are just so good that Future Fusion needed to be banned to stop them from being too good. If you want to compare this to cards, compare them to cards Rock decks run, not something some other deck runs.

Also, Black Garden/Ojama Trio shenanigans. I have no idea how inconsistent Black Garden Rocks would turn out to be, but it sounds funny.

[quote name='A Background Character' timestamp='1350148482' post='6043598']
1: Oh no, it's weaker than BLS-EotB! I should let this SS itself from the Deck for free to make it even comparable to that card! When you compare cards to one another, it helps a lot if you don't use one that most of the community thinks should be on the banlist. BLS is broken enough, and I don't like competing with broken cards. It just leads to more broken cards most of the time.

2: Obelisk is ran in a totally different deck, and Chaos Dragons are also a completely different deck. Obelisk has a completely different playstyle than this, and Chaos Dragons are just so good that Future Fusion needed to be banned to stop them from being too good. If you want to compare this to cards, compare them to cards Rock decks run, not something some other deck runs.

Also, Black Garden/Ojama Trio shenanigans. I have no idea how inconsistent Black Garden Rocks would turn out to be, but it sounds funny.
[/quote]
All i'm saying is 4 rocks in the grave is just not worth the time and trouble they cards i mentions have less of a summoning cost and just have just as powerful effect
it would be better to normal summon it (half the summoning cost) then maybe in the next or 2 turns you might be able to banish 4 rocks to ss anthor copy

Archived