Agro & Armz Support: Jurracs

Agro

[spoiler='Monsters']Jurrac Stegan
FIRE / Level 3
[ Dinosaur / Effect ]
If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the effect or summon of a "Jurrac" monster; Special Summon 1 "Jurrac" monster from your hand. If this card in the Graveyard is banished: Special Summon 1 banished "Jurrac" monster other than "Jurrac Stegan". If this card is destroyed by the opponent (either by battle or by card effect): Special Summon 1 other "Jurrac" monster from your Graveyard.
ATK / 1000 DEF / 600

Jurrac Trude
FIRE / Level 2
[ Dinosaur / Effect ]
This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a "Jurrac" monster. If this card is in your Graveyard during your Standby Phase and you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card in Attack Position. You cannot activate this effect if there are any monsters in your Graveyard that are not FIRE. If this card is Special Summoned with this effect, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.
ATK / 800 DEF / 500

Jurrac Carcaro
FIRE / Level 4
[ Dinosaur / Effect ]
If this card destroys an Opponent's monster as a result of battle: Add to your hand 1 level 7 or higher "Jurrac" Monster from your Deck.
ATK / 1700 DEF / 500

Jurrac Anklo
FIRE / Level 4
[ Dinosaur / Effect ]
If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle: You can Special Summon 1 "Jurrac" Monster with an ATK of 1700 or less from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "Jurrac" monster from your Deck.
ATK / 1700 DEF / 0

Jurrac Droma
FIRE / Level 2
[ Dinosaur / Tuner ]
If the only monsters you control are (exactly) 2 face-up "Jurrac" monsters, you can Special Summon this card(from your hand). All "Jurrac" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Jurrac" Tuner from your Deck to the Graveyard. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Jurrac" monster.
ATK / 1100 DEF / 1000[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Traps']Fireshield Fang
Trap
Target 1 "Jurrac" monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by card effects until the End Phase. If that target is tributed for the tribute summon of a "Jurrac" Monster this turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Ashrise Fang
Trap
Target 1 "Jurrac" monster you control; if it destroys a monster by battle this turn, draw 2 cards. If that target is tributed for the tribute summon of a "Jurrac" Monster this turn, draw 1 card each time the summoned monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle.

Shockwave Fang
Trap
Target 1 "Jurrac" monster you control; if it destroys a monster by battle this turn: Add 1 "Jurrac" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. If that targeted monster is tributed for the tribute summon of a "Jurrac" monster this turn, add 1 "Jurrac" monster from your Deck to your hand when the summoned monster leaves the field.

Burst Fang
Trap
Target 1 "Jurrac" monster you control; it gains 500 ATK until the End Phase. If that target is tributed for the tribute summon of a "Jurrac" Monster this turn, that monster inflicts piercing damage.[/spoiler]

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1352441341' post='6064492']
Stegan goes infinite with another copy of itself. Not necessarily a problem, just saiyan.
[/quote]Noted, I've edited so that it can't summon any banished Stegan. Though perhaps I should change it to be like Fabled Krus and merely say "except this card."

Any input, Armz?

Speaking of Stegan, whare does it Summon from?
Banishing it in the Graveyard Summons a monster from an unknown area? O,o

And looking at it again, maybe we should have made something like~
[quote]
Genetic Fang
Spell
Banish 2 "Jurrac" monsters in your Graveyard: Add to your hand 1 "Fang" Trap card from your Deck.[/quote]
I mean, aside from our additions, Jurracs don't really have a lot of Graveyard-oriented cards despite the fact they can fill it pretty quickly.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1352445003' post='6064523']
Speaking of Stegan, whare does it Summon from?
Banishing it in the Graveyard Summons a monster from an unknown area? O,o

[b]Look closer, it says Special Summon 1 [u]banished[/u] "Jurrac"[/b]

And looking at it again, maybe we should have made something like~
I mean, aside from our additions, Jurracs don't really have a lot of Graveyard-oriented cards despite the fact they can fill it pretty quickly.
[/quote]I guess that spell would work, considering Creeping Darkness is s***.

What'll the name be? What do you call the second row of teeth on sharks?

Carcaro should target Level 6 or higher Jurracs, so you can get another way for searching Herra, which is among th best Jurracs in my opinion.
I would suggest more 200 DEF Jurracs but I guess there is no need of turning them into Lavals.

Make Droma Level 3 for easier Synchro Summon into Giganoto with Guaiba/Velo, or Xyz Summon with fellow Level 3 Tuners.

Thumbs up for your Trap Cards: Their second effects essentially work as Continuous Traps without the weakness of staying on the field. I like their mechanic.
Ashrise Fang seems too powerful by being basically a slower Pot of Greed, but I won't complain because Jurracs really need the support.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1352469705' post='6064638']
Carcaro should target Level 6 or higher Jurracs, so you can get another way for searching Herra, which is among th best Jurracs in my opinion.
I would suggest more 200 DEF Jurracs but I guess there is no need of turning them into Lavals.

[b]We designed it for the Tribute Summonable monsters, so that was on purpose.[/b]

Make Droma Level 3 for easier Synchro Summon into Giganoto with Guaiba/Velo, or Xyz Summon with fellow Level 3 Tuners.

[b]Droma's where we want it to be for Synchro Summoning into Meteor. There are other Level 3 Tuners for Giganoto.[/b]

Thumbs up for your Trap Cards: Their second effects essentially work as Continuous Traps without the weakness of staying on the field. I like their mechanic.
Ashrise Fang seems too powerful by being basically a slower Pot of Greed, but I won't complain because Jurracs really need the support.
[/quote]The balancing factor we put into Ashrise was the player to player interactions that it forces in order to get the reward.

Now that you mention it, it can be overpowered. At least it is slow because you would have to wait to activate the Trap in your turn. That goes to the rest of the fangs.
Maybe you could change the last effect so it protects from destruction by battle only. Yeah, it would be kind of useless or overkill considering that any Tribute Summoned Jurrac will be powerful enough to be destroyed by battle, but at least it won't stack with Titano's effect and the first effect should be good enough in the first place. And still, there are few monsters that can beat big monsters with their effects (e.g. Gunman, Beehive, Gale, Honest) so the Trap would grant protection against them.

Another choice would be to turn it into an "only once" effect:
[i]... if that target is tributed for the tribute summon of a "Jurrac" Monster this turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by card effects [b]once[/b].[/i]

Though getting to Titano is supposed to be a win condition for the deck. I mean to get it out, you NEED to tribute 2 monsters. Plus you need to have had a trap card on the field for a turn prior to use on one of the tributed monsters. Then what that amounts to, when used with Titano, is basically just Safe Zoning it.

Perhaps I should make the traps continuous, but I don't want to make them UPed against a 3 MST format.

Titano can be summoned easily with Stauriko Tokens and now with your Trude, who makes things even easier with his built-in summoning effect. Armz suggested a "Fang" searcher that can speed up Shieldfang, so now getting a Shieldfang Titano on the field can be done as fast as in 3 turns, or 2 with the right hand, and only a few Decks will be able to handle it.

... Not really. Upon thinking about it, worst case scenario DWs can ram their Graphas under Gates; Gachi would give Hyperion enough ATK to beat Titano by battle; High Priestess has Spellbook of Power; and buffed Shining can beat this as well. And Titano would still be vulnerable to Forbidden Lance. So, protection to destruction shouldn't be as broken as I thought. The only Decks that could have a problem with it would be Machinas/Geargias (unless they use Limiter Removal), Wind-Ups and undermeta Decks.

I am against turning the Fangs into Continuous Traps for the reason you mention.

Archived