[Finished]Original Archetype Contest [Make 5 cards to hint at a Playstyle]

Aix

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1353852856' post='6077474']

(O_o), all of your card images are Alphabet Supporter
[/quote]
[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1353857723' post='6077516']
Yeah, Zane [b](just going to guess this was supposed to say "same")[/b] thing happened to me when he entered into my contest.
[/quote]

And I cannot figure out for the life of me why that is? I mean I even did the circuitous route and went to tinypic and uploaded pics there and for my cards...ugh this vexes me so! Nevertheless they have all been changed to written cards...a piece of me has died inside but they have all been changed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since a few others have already done it, and I don't want to forget that I'm in a contest, I'll post mine before someone steals my idea.

[spoiler='Avoid destruction by effects so they can be destroyed by battle.']1:

Sorudah, the Lifeless Brigand Dirklord
Effect Monster 2* Zombie-type EARTH 1000/1200
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Special Summoned by this effect: It cannot be Tributed or used as a Material Monster. When this monster is destroyed as a result of battle: You can Special Summon 1 "Dirklord" monster from your Graveyard (except "Sorudah, the Lifeless Brigand Dirklord").

2:

The Dirklord Warden - Keyan
Effect Monster 3* Fairy-type LIGHT 1100/1600
When your opponent declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this face-up monster is selected as an attack target and is destroyed as a result of battle: You can destroy 1 monster on the field and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of its ATK.

3:

Ridicule of the Dirklords
Trap
Activate only during your opponent's turn. Pay 1000 life points; change all monsters on your opponent's side of the field into face-up Attack Position. It is now the Battle Phase. Your opponent must attack with all monsters. You must control a "Dirklord" monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

4:

Huazint, the Dirklord Drone
Effect Monster 2* Machine-type EARTH 500/800
During either player's turn: If a "Dirklord" monster on your side of the field would be destroyed by a card effect: You can discard this card OR banish this card (from the Graveyard) instead. The effect of "Huazint, the Dirklord Drone" can only be activated once per turn.

5:

Dringe, the Shadowslime Dirklord
Effect Monster 3* Aqua-type DARK 1300/1100
When this face-up monster is selected as an attack target and is destroyed as a result of battle: Draw 2 cards. When this monster is Normal Summoned: You can banish 1 "Dirklord" monster from your Graveyard; this monster gains the following effect:
* When this monster is removed from the field: You can destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap card on the field.

6:

Dirklord Bunker
Field Spell
Monsters with 1500 or less ATK cannot be destroyed by card effects. When a monster with 1500 or less ATK is Normal Summoned: The controller of that card draws 1 card. Once per turn: If this card would be destroyed: You can banish 1 "Dirklord" monster from your Graveyard instead.

7:

Brimestone Dirklord Staverral
Effect Monster 3* Pyro-type FIRE 1400/800
When this face-up monster is selected as an attack target and is destroyed as a result of battle: Inflict 1500 points of damage to your opponent. When this monster is Normal Summoned: You can return 1 "Dirklord" card from your Banish Zone to your Deck; this monster gains the following effect:
* When this monster is removed from the field: Your opponent sends 1 Spell or Trap card from his/her Deck to the Graveyard.

8:

Armada of the Bladeslingers
Spell
Banish 2 "Dirklord" cards from your Graveyard; pick up cards from the top of your Deck until you pick up 2 "Dirklord" monsters. Special Summon those monsters, then shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during this turn.

9:

Forging Steel
Trap
Banish 2 "Dirklord" cards from your Graveyard; add 1 "Dirklord" monster from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

9 is such a limiting number for an archetype I already was busy making. There's a beatdown variant of this archetype, and Synchros, a-and even monsters that give themselves to your opponent and attack during your Battle Phase while they're over there.

Time to upload me cards:

Summoning xyz monsters but not for their effects but your other monster's.

[spoiler='Monsters']
Arc-prism Gade
Earth Machine Level 4
Effect: When this card is normal summoned you can special summon 1 "Arc-prism" xyz monster from your extra deck. Return this card to your hand during the end phase.
ATK: 1700/ DEF: 1200

Arc-Prism Oglem
Earth Machine Level 5
Effect: You can tribute 1 "Arc-prism" xyz monster you control to special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn you can send 1 "Arc-prism" monster you control to the graveyard: special summon 1 "Arc-prism" xyz monster from your graveyard.
ATK: 2300 / DEF: 1600

Arc-prism Rudin
Earth Machine Level 4
Effect: If you control a "Arc-prism" xyz monster you can special summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this monster: special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Arc-prism" monster from your hand or graveyard.
ATK: 1600 / DEF: 1400

Arc-prism Snight
Earth Machine Level 4
Effect: If you control a face-up "Arc-prism" monster you can send this card from your hand to the graveyard: special summon 1 "Arc-prism" monster from your graveyard. And If you control a "Arc-prism" xyz monster draw a card.
ATK: 800 / DEF: 1900

Arc-prism Ulark
Earth Machine Level 5 Effect: You can banish 1 xyz monster from your graveyard to special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn if you control a "Arc-prism" xyz monster you can destroy 1 set card on the field.
ATK: 2200 / DEF: 1800[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spells/traps']
Prism factory of Arc
Continuous spell
Once per turn you can send 1 "Arc-prism" monster you control to the graveyard to special summon 1 "Arch-prism" monster from your extra deck with ATK equal or less than the attack of the sent monster. If a "Arc-prism" monster is summoned you can send this card to the graveyard to add 1 "Arc-prism" monster from your graveyard to your hand with a different name.

Truth prism
Normal trap
The ATK and DEF of all "Arc-prism" monsters you currently control become 0. During the end phase banish 1 "Arc-prism" monster from your deck. When a "Arc-prism" xyz monster is special summoned by a card effect you can special summon that banished monster and destroy all other monsters on the field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='XYZ monsters']
Arc-prism Ruler
Earth Machine Rank 5
2 level 5 Machine type monsters
Once per turn you can detach 2 xyz materials to destroy 2 cards on the field OR attach 1 face-up "Arc-prism" monster you control as an xyz material.
ATK: 2500 DEF: 1500

Arc-prism Taskmaster
Earth Machine Rank 4
2 level 4 machine type monsters
You can detach 1 xyz material from this card: this card can attack your opponent directly this turn.
ATK: 2100 DEF 2100[/spoiler]

There were of course more but I feel those best summarise the archtype.

Points sent! [s]My theme will be monster that activate their effects when returned to the deck (not like gladiator beasts)[/s] scratch that, I'll think of something. I'll post cards when ready. My favorite season is spring.

Edit: I'll be making monsters that activate their effects when your opponent special summons, anti meta archetype.

That's funny. I posted the first of my elemental archtypes, but I guess that also counts since they are a bit unique. They are monsters that "react" towards card effects being played, dealing minor burn while also being floaters. They also have their own form of consistency and are probably more predominant as a Synchro Deck.

Donating and:

[center][spoiler=My Entry][/center]
[center][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/145297.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][b]Lore:[/b][/center]

[center]If you possess 3 or more face-up "-Luna" monsters in your field, Banished Zone and/or Graveyard; this card gains the following effect(s):
● If a Spell Card's effect is activated: Inflict 250 damage to your opponent's Life Points. If this card leaves the field by an opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): Special Summon 1 Level 4 FIRE "-Luna" monster from your Deck, except "Pyre-Luna Backflame" in face-up Attack Position, then if you possess 3 or more face-up FIRE "-Luna" monster in your field, Banished Zone and/or Graveyard after this card left the field, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/145301.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b]

If you possess 3 or more face-up "-Luna" monsters in your field, Banished Zone and/or Graveyard; this card gains the following effect(s):
● If a Trap Card's effect is activated: Inflict 250 damage to your opponent's Life Points. If this card leaves the field by an opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): Special Summon 1 Level 4 FIRE "-Luna" monster from your Deck, except "Pyre-Luna Ignus" in face-up Attack Position, then if you possess 3 or more face-up FIRE "-Luna" monster in your field, Banished Zone and/or Graveyard after this card left the field, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/145303.jpg[/img]

If you possess 3 or more face-up "-Luna" monsters in your field, Banished Zone and/or Graveyard; this card gains the following effect(s):
● If an Effect Monster's effect is activated and/or a monster declares an attack: Inflict 250 damage to your opponent's Life Points. If this card leaves the field by an opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): Special Summon 1 Level 4 FIRE "-Luna" monster from your Deck, except "Pyre-Luna Hellscorch" in face-up Attack Position, then if you possess 3 or more face-up FIRE "-Luna" monster in your field, Banished Zone and/or Graveyard after this card left the field, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/145328.jpg[/img]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]If you Normal Summoned a FIRE "-Luna" monster this turn: You can Normal Summon this card as an additional Normal summon. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for a FIRE or Beast-Warrior-Type Synchro Monster: Banish 1 Level 4 FIRE "-Lunar" monster face-up. During your second Standby Phase after this effect was activated: Add that card to your hand. These effects of "Pyre-Luna Embers" can only be activated each once per turn.[/size][/font][/color]

[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/145340.jpg[/img]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]1 FIRE Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]If this card is Synchro Summoned using only FIRE monsters: You can flip 2 "-Luna" monsters in your Banished Zone and/or Graveyard face-down; Special Summon 1 Level 4 FIRE "-Luna" monster from your Deck. If this card attacks, you can banish it until your next Standby Phase, then activate 1 of the following effects:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]● Target 1 face-up monster on the field and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that target's ATK or DEF, whichever is highest.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]● Target 1 Quick-Play or Continuous Spell Card on either player's side of the field or Graveyard, and banish it. If this card returns to the field during your next Standby Phase, add that target to your hand.[/size][/font][/color][/center]
[center][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]5Ds was boss...Especially the final season vs. ZONE[/size][/font][/color][/center]

Using up your Normal Summon to get various effects at the cost of having no monster that turn

Favorite arc was the Dark Signer arc of 5Ds

[spoiler=Spectral Monsters]
Spectral Keeper
Level 4; LIGHT
[Zombie/Tuner/Effect]
When you would Normal Summon this card, you can Banish it instead of placing it on the field. If this card is Banished, you can target 1 of your Banished cards, except "Spectral Keeper": Shuffle it into the Deck. If this Banished card would be shuffled back into the Deck by a card effect: Draw 1 card after resolution.
1600 ATK/ 0 DEF

Spectral Equalizer
Level 4; WIND
[Warrior/Effect]
When you would Normal Summon this card, you can Banish it instead of placing it on the field. If this card is Banished by the effect of a "Spectral" card, or from your Graveyard, your opponent banishes 1 card in their hand. Then, they can draw 1 card, and if they do, you draw 1 card. If this Banished card would be shuffled back into the Deck by a card effect: Add 1 "Spectral" card from your Deck to your hand after resolution.
1800 ATK/2000 DEF

Spectral Destroyer
Level 4; FIRE
[Fiend/Effect]
When you would Normal Summon this card, you can Banish it instead of placing it on the field. If this card is Banished by the effect of a "Spectral" card, or from your Graveyard, your opponent banishes 1 card they control. Then, they can select 1 of their banished cards or cards in their Graveyard, and if they do, target 1 of your banished cards or cards in your Graveyard. Both players add their respective card to their hand. If this Banished card would be shuffled back into the Deck by a card effect: Destroy 1 card on the field after resolution.
1900 ATK/1900 DEF

Spectral Summoner
Level 4; DARK
[Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect]
When you would Normal Summon this card, you can Banish it instead of placing it on the field. If this card is Banished, you can Normal Summon 1 "Spectral" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set until your next End Phase. You can only gain this effect once per turn. If this banished card would be shuffled back into the Deck by a card effect: You can reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, and if there are any "Spectral" monsters among them, you can Special Summon 1 of them. Then, shuffle your deck.
1400 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Spectral Annihilator
Level 8; WATER
[Dragon/Effect]
When you would Tribute Summon this card, you can Banish it instead of placing it on the field. If you do, your opponent targets 3 cards on their field or in their hand and banishes them. If this banished card would be shuffled back into the Deck by a card effect: Special Summon it. This effect of "Spectral Annihilator" can only be activated once per duel.
2900 ATK/ 2500 DEF

Spectral Composer
Level 12; WIND
[Spellcaster/Effect]
1 "Spectral" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.
Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the Synchro Summon of this card. The effect(s) of this card cannot be negated. You can Synchro Summon this card by shuffling the above Banished cards into your deck and negating their effect(s), but the non-Tuner monsters have to be "Spectral" monsters. If you do, you can only activate the first bulleted effect of this card. You can shuffle 1 banished "Spectral" monster into your deck and negate its effect(s) and activate 1 of the following effects:
[*]If this card would leave the field by battle or by an opposing card effect, you can have it lose 1000 ATK/DEF instead, until your next End Phase. This effect can be activated during either player's turn.
[*]Special Summon 1 "Spectral" monster that is either Banished or in your Graveyard, but halve all battle damage involving it.
[*]Banish 1 card on the field or either player's graveyard. If a card on the field is banished, the original controller draws 1 card.
3500 ATK/3500 DEF

Spectral Collective
Rank 4; LIGHT
[Fairy/Xyz/Effect]
2 or more Level 4 "Spectral" monsters
Instead of Xyz Summoning this monster using monsters on the field, you can use any "Spectral" monsters that are banished as Xyz Material. This card gains 300 ATK for every Banished "Spectral" monster. Any Xyz Materials that would be detached from this card are Banished instead of sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Banish 1 card from your hand, Deck, field, or Graveyard, and if you do, you can shuffle 1 other Banished card back into your Deck. If this card has no Xyz materials: Banish it.
1500 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Spectral Failsafe
Continuous Spell
This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by other card effects. During your Standby Phase, pay 1000 Life Points and banish 1 "Spectral" monster in your hand or on your field or destroy this card. Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 banished "Spectral" monster into your deck. Negate the effect of any card that would prevent a monster(s) from being banished.

Spectral Zone
Field Spell
Banished monsters cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of a "Spectral" card. During the Draw Phase, or at the time this card is activated, the turn player can activate 1 of the following effects in addition to their normal draw. If they do, they cannot activate Field Spells, or card effects that would cause this this card to leave the field this turn:
[*]Banish 1 card in your hand: Draw 1 card.
[*]Shuffle 1 monster you control into the Deck: Draw 1 card.
[/spoiler]

I have a feeling my archetype aim may end up being the wierdest aim, since the entire thing resolves around having no cards left in your deck... And yes I said deck.

I'm suprised so many cards are in already, am I the only person yet to post there things? If so, I can have them up by the end of tomorrow realisitcally.

Oh, and paid at last.

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1354406774' post='6082749']
I have a feeling my archetype aim may end up being the wierdest aim, since the entire thing resolves around having no cards left in your deck... And yes I said deck.

I'm suprised so many cards are in already, am I the only person yet to post there things? If so, I can have them up by the end of tomorrow realisitcally.

Oh, and paid at last.
[/quote]
Did you mean to donate 135 extra points to the pot or did you accidentally press 0 when you sent me the points?

[quote name='trevorw3i' timestamp='1354493661' post='6083626']
If this contest is still accepting, I'd like to join, please :) (will send points when I know if you're still accepting)
[/quote]

I don't think I will accept anymore. I've got my hands full here.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler='Key Low Level Monsters'][url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/133942-Infernal_Warrior"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/133942.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/133949-Infernal_Summoner"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/133949.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/144456-Infernal_Sprite"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/144456.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/135652-Infernal_Canoneer"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/135652.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/146197-Infernal_Magma_Beast"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/146197.jpg[/img][/url] [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Beatsticks'][url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/146202-Infernal_Destroyer"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/146202.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/145835-Infernal_Knight"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/145835.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/144459-Infernal_Archfiend"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/144459.jpg[/img][/url]

[url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/146185-Infernal_Centaur"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/146185.jpg[/img][/url] [/spoiler]

[spoiler='The Big Boss'][url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/33733-Infernals/133939-Infernal_King_Hephaesteus"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/133939.jpg[/img][/url] [/spoiler]

My entry: the Infernals. They revolve around accumulating cards your s/t zones for benefits, then quickly ditching them for even MORE benefits. These guys are definitely control, not herpderp OTK, but their boss and is quite splashable in the set. Hope you like em.

Edit: Just realized that this submission has 10 cards... Is that ok? If not, ignore the centaur.

Huh, I completely forgot about this...

[spoiler=About]
I made this a while ago, so I had to update them. There's also a bunch more, but limit 5 cards :(. All of the names are misspellings of a mythical animal and they're dark versions of them (hence the name, 'Umbral Myth'). Bas'lizk = Basilisk, Unee'kor = Unicorn, Tann'gu=Tengu, Etc. Also, their effects just require for a monster to be special summoned to your opponent's field, not that your oppoenent needs to special summon a monster. SO the tokens summoned from the field spell can be used as fodder for the monster effects.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Entry]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/315gajs.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/2vv8k5c.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2heefk6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/pc950.jpg[/IMG]
[spoiler=Lore]If a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can target that monster; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and then you can return that monster to the hand. When this card is summoned, your opponent cannot Special Summon any monsters for the rest of the turn.[/spoiler]

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/dnycsn.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore]If there is no face up "Illusion's Valley", this card cannot summoned. You can discard this card to add 1 "Illusion's Valley" from your Deck to your hand. If a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can target that card, Special Summon this card from the Graveyard, then destroy that target.[/spoiler]

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2qjxiqr.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore]If a "Umbral" Monster (except "Umbral Myth Unee'kor") is Special Summoned to the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed, you can add 1 "Umbral Myth" or "Illusion's" card from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2r6fei1.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore]If a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, then increase this card's ATK by 400. Activate this effect only if this card was Special Summoned: When your opponent activates a card effect that activates in the Graveyard or in their hand, Tribute this card to negate that effect.[/spoiler]

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/263vaqw.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Lore]When a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can target that monster, Special Summon this card from your hand, then negate that targeted monster's effects. When your opponent Special Summons a monster to his/her field, you can Special Summon 1 "Umbral Myth" Monster from your Graveyard. You can only control 1 face up "Umbral Myth Sen'tar".[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Archived