A monster made of nothing... lol

cr47t

This is (one of) the most powerful card I have made.

Name: Air
Instance-Type | WIND | Effect | Level 7
Effect: If this card is attacked, change the attack to a direct attack instead. If this card attacks an opponent`s monster, you can change it to a direct attack instead. This card can only be attacked once per turn.
ATK / 0 DEF / 0

Let's say it's the only monster you control. Your opponent will only get 1 attack a turn, like a one-sided [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Door"]The Dark Door[/url].

You can combo it with Spirit Barrier, but I don't think it's worth the 2 Tributes. There's no Instance support so I don't see the purpose of Summoning this.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1354206759' post='6080949']
Let's say it's the only monster you control. Your opponent will only get 1 attack a turn, like a one-sided [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Door"]The Dark Door[/url].

You can combo it with Spirit Barrier, but I don't think it's worth the 2 Tributes. There's no Instance support so [b]I don't see the purpose of Summoning this.[/b]
[/quote]

It`s worth the 2 tributes.

You see, this card allows you to make a direct attack, but one that deals 0 damage. We can fix that by equipping it with an Equip Card. That means you can get a free direct attack with damage.

Spirit Barrier can do its magic "attack for no damage" trick with Cloudians, which hit the field easily enough. Storm Dragon even has a built-in SS ability.

The "You can change this attack to a direct attack" thing can just be "This monster can attack your opponent directly" where you could attack directly, or not. And if you equip this with, say, Axe of Despair, this card deals 1000 damage per turn. Or, I could Summon something like Jinzo #7 and equip Axe of Despair to [i]that[/i] instead, and swing for more damage with a monster that requires no Tributes whatsoever to Normal Summon. And yes, United We Stand is better, it's just that I sometimes like to use Axe as an example.

Archived