Blind Eyes: Academy [Season 1 IC][started/accepting/PG-13]

Yosuke-kun

[b]9:45 am, Blind Eyes Academy, Fifth Year Boys Dorm, Demeter and Lucas' Room[/b]

It seemed Lucas found many things interesting. His question was more like an application or list. Now, Demeter regretted inviting the questionnaire. Maybe interaction wasn't such a good idea. At least with that girl, Ayame, it was slow and steady. Demeter can handle that, but Lucas.. He was inquisitive.

[color=#660033]"Um, just slow down, alright? I don't talk with people very much and you.. kind of bombarded me.."[/color] Demeter slightly felt agitated. He should've expected an onslaught when he opened himself for an interview, but he knew he was a hypocrite. [color=#660033]"[/color][color=#660033]Um, I don't know where I'm from, but.."[/color] Demeter paused for a moment, remembering his life before coming to Blind Eyes Academy. [color=#660033]"I want to be here at this school."[/color] For whatever reason, he couldn't go on with his answer.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#000080][u][u][b]Lucas and Demeter's room, Fifth Year Boys Dorms, Blind Eyes Academy, 9:46 A.M.[/b][/u][/u][/color]

[b][color=#000080]Oh, come on, you're not being fun! We should be friends! Tell you what, after you answer, I'll tell you whatever you want to know![/color][/b] Lucas was getting increasingly annoying, provoking him, and his speech strangely starting to resemble that of cartoonish lunatics, especially that one from Devil May Cry, named [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6RAKyDmZzg"]Jester[/url]. [color=#000080][b]Slow conversations are boring, you know you can do it, come on boy, you can do it![/b][/color] He was talking and gesturing as if Demeter was a dog. [color=#000080][b]Come on, I'll give you a scooby snack, Demi! Can I call you Demi, yes I can! Who's a good boy?[/b][/color] Demeter was obviously confused at first, but his temper was heating up. [color=#000080][i][b]THAT hit the spot[/b][/i][/color]. Lucas thought, as he was getting ready for Demeter's lash out.

[b]Empty Street, Osaka - 8:13 A.M.[/b]

Jack caught the tossed can with ease and slipped it inside his trench coat. "Really wish you had two cans, but I suppose one will do. I'll save it until I get there. Who knows, I may find more." He shrugged as he waved his hand in farewell and turned to set off. "See you there." He really didn't want to go to Academy City, but he just couldn't pass up this opportunity. It was true he would have some problems if he was caught or outnumbered, but there were very few that would actually make him work up a sweat. In other words, he could handle himself. A smile came to Jack's face as he continued on his way. "Maybe I'll even see Marta again." he mused out loud.

[b]9:47 am, Blind Eyes Academy, Fifth Year Boys Dorm, Demeter and Lucas' Room[/b]

Lucas started to behave much more eccentrically when Demeter hadn't continued with his answer. He even acted as if Demeter was a dog. Lucas had called him Demi, how his mother referred to him. Demeter stood up, clenching his fists. He didn't realize just hearing that would spur him.

[color=#660033]"What's your problem?"[/color] Demeter felt confused as he stared at his roommate. He thought Lucas just wanted to talk and get to know him, but Lucas was doing this on purpose, for whatever reason Demeter didn't care for. He hadn't felt angry in a long while. There isn't much to be mad at when you keep to yourself. He'd almost forgotten what it felt like. Demeter's palms felt warm and his teeth were clenched firm. [color=#660033]"I thought you wanted to talk."[/color]

[b][color=#000000]January 19, 9:46[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Advanced Hand-to-Hand, Room 101, Blind Eyes Academy[/color][/b]

[color=#000000]Merrick was busy listening... or rather [i]half[/i]-listening to the teacher, with one ear listening to his iPhone as per usual, when all of a sudden it started to vibrate, signalling he had a call. He rolled his eyes in response to this; the only person who [i]would[/i] call him at this time was Jayden, who was probably making an emergency out of something stupid. Merrick sighed and answered anyway, hoping the teacher wasn't even paying the [i]slightest[/i] attention.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"What [i]is[/i] it, Jayden?"[/color][color=#000000] Merrick whispered, trying to keep his voice as quiet as possible.[/color]
[color=#000000]"..."[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]"You [i]do[/i] realize I'm in the middle of class, right?"[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]"I thought you were supposed to have a room-mate. Why the hell isn't [i]she[/i][/color][color=#FF8C00]...?"[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]*sigh*[/color] [color=#FF8C00]"Guess we'll have to so[/color][color=#ff8c00]rt [i]that[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]out at recess as well..."[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]"Depends."[/color]
[color=#FF8C00]"Fine, I'll see you there,"[/color]

[color=#000000]Merrick hung up before Jayden could say anything further, before slamming his head down on the desk in front of him. He knew it; he [i]knew[/i] Jayden would try to call him at a stupid timing. The only thing that could [i]possibly [/i]make it worse was if the teacher had caught wind of the call despite him trying to keep quiet.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Damn hopeless woman,"[/color][color=#000000] Merrick muttered under his breath.[/color]

[color=#006400][u][b]Tenkai's Office, Blind Eyes Academy 9:50 A.M.[/b][/u][/color]

His first class was out of the way and things went smoothly bar those last 15 minutes for Tenkai. He was pleased. He had retreated back to his office to partake in the pleasures of his super luxury massage chair and bask in the fresh memories of all those screams. Such young minds having their first reality check. This feeling felt so good it had to be fattening. He while getting a full body massage from his chair he decided to review the class roster. Luckily the names all came with pictures because he somewhat forgot to have the class introduce themselves before he made their lives...shorter. He was interested to find one Akatsuki, Jin towards the top of the page and recognized him as the late comer who through everything off.

[color=#006400]What an interesting boy you are, Akatsuki Jin. You were able to tackle me and walk unscathed. I wonder, what God or demon blessed you with such luck? Do you have the will to live? What color do you bleed?[/color] Tenkai slowly finding himself in even more ecstasy after thinking about this freshman with such...potential. But Jin wasn't the only one on his mind. As Tenkai would find out the young Ransu was the brave summoner who took a bite out of his side. The young lad smell like blood, experience, fear, in other words he smelled like life itself. This trimester was going to be the most fun one yet.

Tenkai forgot what class he had next, logically it was going to be Aura Control 1 but as he looked at the layout his next class was Aura control 2. [color=#006400]Well this is new. I wonder if Marta-sensei had anything to do with this? Nah I think she likes my teaching methods. Still have to make some phone calls though I was expecting to have this class later in the day. Oh well.[/color] He sinks into his chair that's still vibrating and gets on the phone to call forth some more mayhem.

[color=#000080][u][b]Lucas and Demeter's room, Fifth Year Boys Dorm, Blind Eyes Academy, 9:48 A.M.[/b][/u][/color]

[b][color=#000080]Aww, are you going to cry? Let mama wipe your tears with a hanky! Oh, wait, mama isn't here! [/color][/b]Lucas was gesturing insanely, pushing Demeter even further, though he felt he was going too far, by exploiting his biggest weakness, but better to exploit it and get over it, rather than keeping it hidden. [b][color=#000080]I did want to talk, but you were boring! So I kicked things up a notch! Come on, boy, I'll give you a treat, just tell me what I want to know! [/color][/b]Lucas had learned about his problem with his mother from Marta, she had told him not to talk about that, or at least when it's less delicate, but he is doing the complete opposite. He could feel Demeter's aura surging around the whole room, now it was soon to be a battle, Lucas just had to lure him to the playing field, so as to not destroy the room, OR building for that matter. [color=#000080][b]Demi-chan is about to cry, how sweet![/b][/color] With the suffix, with which you refer to children and girls, Lucas sealed the deal, now he was in for a fight, if it would be fun or not is left to be seen.

[b]9:49 am, Blind Eyes Academy, Fifth Year Boys Dorm, Demeter and Lucas' Room[/b]

[color=#660033]"Shut up!" [/color]A bright red-violet aura swirled around Demeter. It wasn't right how Lucas was prodding at Demeter's maternal issues, and he'll see to it that Lucas won't do it again. [color=#660033]"You'll never know anything!" [/color]Lucas wanted to fight, and Demeter was going to give him one. He raised his right palm at Lucas' face as his aura concentrated into his palm, taking the form of a pink flame. [color=#660033]"Rraaaahhhh!!!" [/color]Demeter let the burning aura loose. It surged forward taking a fraction of a second to reach Lucas' bed, but as the instigator of this bought, he anticipated the attack and leaped towards the window and out of the way of the flames. His bed was engulfed and was set aflame. Demeter saw his opportunity at an opening as Lucas landed and tackled him, breaking through the window.

(the control over kakkon's character in this post was discussed by pm)

[b]Jan 19, 9:30 am - Blind Eyes / ???[/b]

Through the corridors of the gargantuan school, Ame wandered restlessly.

The place was not unpleasant, she supposed. The halls were clean and simple; perhaps even elegant. There was no attempt at pointless decoration, any attempted façade of complexity or distraction. It simply existed for its purpose, and nothing more. To some part of Ame's mind, she could recognize the aesthetic beauty in it.

But beauty had no real meaning, so she put no further thought into it.

The mist swirled angrily here, like a spurned animal; angry, throbbing, injured by the simple concentration of aura that cut through it on a daily basis. She felt sorry for the poor fog, reaching out to caress and care for it, but it was simply too little, too late- nothing could help the inflammation of the spiritual world now, except perhaps time. Time solved all problems; it washed away memory, made the old anew, allowed one to forget what needed to be forgotten...

It occurred to her that there was a purpose to her being here. That intrigued her, so for the first time in her short memory, she actually thought about it for a minute or so. She was... seeking something, perhaps? But what could one seek in the fog, swollen and damaged as it was?

Perhaps she was looking for an injury?

Yes, that was it. She was looking for the thorn in the cut, the infected stake from which the rest of the mist roiled and turned away from. She could feel it, too- she could trace the pain back to its source. A pale flame, black as death itself, cradled in the kern of a mortal shell.

Ame was not good at pinpointing positions. The mist was broad and homogeneous and spoke in generalities rather than specifics; even in diagnosing its pain, it was inefficient. The best she could detect was movement; the irritant was moving slowly, though surely, through the school's area, probably with a destination in mind. Where that movement would stop, there was no real way of knowing, but...

There was a room in the general area of the being's path. It glowed and churned with the combined powers of over two-dozen, perhaps as many as thirty warps in the weave. Many smaller points of light, tiny insects crawling their way through the blanket of the fog, gathering in the same place was somewhat unusual. Perhaps the blight would stop there.

Ame stepped into the Basic Pharmaceuticals classroom. To her surprise, a couple looked away from eachother, distracted enough to spare her a glance; that was unusual. So far as she could know, she was an observer. To be observed in return felt... strange.

Fortunately, it did not last long. The pale-haired girl looked around at the people each seated in neat little rows, and as a gesture of respect towards the orderly alignment, selected one of the two remaining adjacent seats, choosing the one farther away from a small childlike half-demon.

Then she waited.

-

[b]Jan 19, 9:30 am - Blind Eyes / The Office of Professor Takehaya Wise[/b]

Takehaya knew it was too much to expect the first day of a term to go off, once, without hitting some sort of hitch.

He'd been deep in the middle of rigging his system of sheaths and blades once more in order to prepare the Ten Swords for a demonstration to the Weapon Mastery seniors, but he hadn't gotten even a minute to himself before the school nurse came knocking. He knew it was her precisely because she was knocking; no student in all his years of teaching had ever worked up the courage to see him between classes intentionally and Marta would either give him fore-notice of dropping by or just forgo knocking entirely. Most people seemed to think he would prefer not to be interrupted in the middle of his work- and they would, for the most part, be correct. If they didn't have a nice offering of rice-wine or some-such, that is.

The nurse never had rice-wine.

She had, however, patched up enough students he'd sent her that she'd long passed the period of being frightened by him and entered his inner circle of 'humans who he cannot push around'. When the bag came in yelling something about an injured dog and a student who needed his help, he barely even tried threatening or insulting her; he knew it wouldn't make much difference. The nurse was aware of his ...restrictions... and exploited them whenever necessary, especially when his talents were needed on an exceptional case. Takehaya didn't consider himself a healer, but he did have to admit he did have an ounce or two of advantage over the average human.

He didn't expect it to literally be a dog, however.

Professor Wise frowned a little at Ransu. Second year, he vaguely thought, though not one from any of his classes. Evidentially a summoner of some sort. Not terribly intelligent, given the sheet of ice that was solidifying as he spoke; the boy's dog was some sort of ice elemental, suffering from what looked like a form of curse upon it. If he had to guess, it was probably Tekai's handiwork; an injury of that sort simply didn't happen elsewhere in the school without Marta knowing about it essentially instantly.

Takehaya didn't like dogs. But liked Tekai even less.

"Let me see her," he said curtly, pushing the boy off the demon none too gently with the heel of his shoe. It seemed to be a simple case of degenerative aura; a mild reactive curse that someone with enough control over their own power might use to trick a life-thief. Nothing terribly difficult to break, but perhaps a little beyond the powers of a mostly mortal nurse, especially on an unfamiliar biology.

Takehaya took a deep breath, then released it.

Air and water were the wellsprings of all life. They were holy elements, supports of the heavens and the very building blocks that all creation was built upon. The god Susanoo-no-Mikoto was a being of the blue skies; the guardian of the purity of the world, a defender against all bleak and evil. In him lived the flowing rivers, the mountain winds, the warm jetstream arteries of the oceans- all of it was untainted and pure. Compared to the enormousness of all creation, all curses were meagre things indeed, but pebbles lost in a stream.

The demon didn't breath, but it didn't need to. The hound's curse shattered like a leaf in a typhoon as the air in the central area was immediately purified, becoming as perfect as it was during the creation of the earth.

"That should do it," Takehaya muttered, getting up and grimacing a little. Dog breath still smelled terrible.

[color=#000080][u][b]Right Outside Fifth Year Boys Dorm, Blind Eyes Academy, 9:50[/b][/u][/color]

Lucas, had been able, for half a second before flying out the window, to kick his Caladbolg, backwards, so as to fall along with him and Demeter. When the enraged boy attacked him, a sudden feeling of increasing heat surged into his body, almost as if touching almost melted steel, he was able to keep his mind strong, and put his hands on Demeter's shoulder and generated his [color=#daa520]gold[/color] aura, through his palms, which had electric capabilities, to shoot electricity into Demeter's arms to lower their neural responsiveness for a few seconds. He switched to [color=#00ff00]binding[/color] aura, and shot aura in the form of a chain from his palm, towards his sword, and pulled it towards himself. He conjured something like a large spring on the ground with his other hand using his [color=#ee82ee]bounce[/color] aura. With his sword in hand, he fell to the spring, which shot him straight up, even higher than the dorm building and he plummeted directly towards Demeter, with the caladbolg pointed directly at him.

[b]9:50, Blind Eyes Academy, Outside Fifth Year Boys Dorm[/b]

During their fall, Lucas grabbed Demeter's shoulder and using a gold aura, shocked him. This caused Demeter to let his roommate go, and while Lucas had used his aura to break his fall, Demeter had no such ability. He softly landed on the balls of his feet and let himself roll forward, minimizing any fall damage. Stopping his roll, Demeter looked up after Lucas had sprung to the sky, seeing that he was now falling with his Caladbolg pointed downwards. Demeter drew his short sword from its sheath and leaped out of Lucas' trajectory, at the same time spiraling his body, cloaking his sword in aura and slashing across the air in his roommate's direction. The result was a crescent shape wave of red-violet aura soaring up to strike Lucas mid-fall.

[color=#000080][u][b]Outside Fifth Year Boys Dorm, [/b][b]Blind Eyes Academy, [/b][b]9:52 A.M.[/b][/u][/color]

As Lucas was about to receive a deadly attack from his adversary, he quickly generated a large shield in front of himself, using his [b][color=#8b4513]solidity aura[/color][/b] which completely dissipated when it contacted the crescent, but it took that same crescent along with it. Now his path was clear again, using his [b][color=#6600cc]piercing aura [/color][/b]he infused it into the blade of his sword and started spinning, leaving a spiral of aura, this blow was deadly as well, but he was sure in his foe's abilities. The battle was truly a fun one for Lucas, even though it was very dangerous, he had enough combat and aura control training, to stand on his own against a group of medium-class demons, and he had enough intellect and tactical prowess to be able to anticipate and counter many attacks his enemy could throw at him, even more so when they're at the same education level, at least according to the school.

[b][u]January 19th[/u][/b]
[b][u]Outside Basic Pharmaceutics Class, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:45 A.M.[/u][/b]

Lien had so far been enjoying her first day, at least unknownst to her more than Jin had. She'd enjoyed her Data Analysis class, as she always enjoyed riddles and challenges. She was pleased that even the teacher was impressed at her skills in the area. A small smile of pride crept across her face, as she headed into the pharmaceutics room. This was another area she'd been skilled in, as she'd had plenty of practice patching up Jin from all his fights. Suddenly she'd remembered something else important to this period. Jin was in it with her. [i]I wonder if Jins first class went as well for him? s[/i]he thought as she wandered blissfully into her next class.

As she walked into the room however, it wasn't quite what she'd expected. To start, there was a large cloud of mist gathered in a single spot in the room. After that it was otherwise normal, but the cloud of mist disturbed her somehow. It had a feeling of normalcy to it, but this was too great and out of place in a school that was dedicated to the unusual. Still, something about it intrigued her. She wanted to know more about what it was, where it came from, and why it was randomly formed within a pharmaceutics class.

"Good. Made it here just barely on time. That's one less detention I need to worry about." The voice behind Lien was so sudden that she'd nearly dropped all her books and tools when she'd jumped. The voice had of course belonged to her brother. "Nii-san! D-don't just sneak up on me like that!" she yelled furiously. Jin raised his hands as if he were backing away from his sister, allowing himself a small taunting smile. "Easy there jumpy. Just trying to get to class." But Lien had zeroed in on a different topic. "What did you mean by 'one less detention' nii-san?" Now Jin knew he was really in trouble, and not just with Lien. Although, between Tenkai and Lien, he had to say he was more afraid of Lien. Whether this was an average fear hierarchy wasn't important to Jin, the fact is he'd seen Lien angry, and he never liked it.

Still, the thought of detention with Tenkai wasn't a great thought either. Lien continued speaking. "How did you get detention on the first day, nii-san? You had to've tried to show off or something." Jin's head and shoulders sunk. That was just it. If he'd been trying to show-off, he might not have been sentenced such a fate. He quickly explained all that had occurred in his previous class, and as he did, Lien's face paled. Instead of yelling or bidding him farewell and good luck when crossing the River Styx, she began to laugh. Jin's cheeks turned slightly red at this. "It's not funny!" he snapped. "Did you miss the 'I'm gonna die' part?!" But Lien continued to laugh. "D-do you really think Marta-sensei's gonna go through all the trouble of getting us here just to let one of the teachers kill you?" This thought hadn't even occurred to Jin, but was a rather good point.

"Y-you really tackled the teacher though?" Lien continued. Jin's cheeks burned again, but not as bad this time. "Well, not intentionally, but yeah... Shouldn't we take our seats though?" Lien nodded and followed Jin, still giggling to herself. Jin was more concerned with another problem however. His left eye had been pulsing with pain since he'd entered the class. More importantly, it seemed to be getting worse as he moved towards the mist. He would have avoided the mist, but that was the only area with two adjacent seats free. He and Lien took their seats, Lien still giggling and Jin trying to hide the pain in his left eye.

[b][u]Marta's Office, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:50 A.M.[/u][/b]

Marta surveyed the report carefully. Their were a few sections about the report that she'd found hard to believe of course, but there were also a lot of interesting things she'd found. A few points seemed obvious, with some bordering on ridiculous. Overall, the report was rather well done, but Marta was currently focusing on a different area of the school, in which their was a large amount of aura fluctuation. She set the report on the desk and sighed. "Well, it's very helpful Sakura-chan. Continue your classes for today, but please bring me another report next month." She stood quickly, and excused herself before Warping out of her office.

Instantly, she reappeared in the midst of Lucas and Demeter's battle, slapping aura seal talismans on both of their chests, and delivering a hard punch to both of their faces, knocking both of them to the ground about fifteen feet away from her. That was the end of their battle. Marta stood tall, and cleared her throat. "What the HELL were you too thinking!?" she yelled furiously. "This is an unregistered, unobserved dual, in which I detected aura use from both parties! You're lucky I haven't beaten you both senseless yet!" The fact that the dual was unobserved was especially bad, as it meant that their was a possibility of one or the other being severely injured and left to die.

"I'd expect something like this from you Lucas, but Demeter, you know better than to engage with a fellow classmate! I expected better from you! And don't think I'm any less pissed at you Lucas! The two of you have been here five years, and you cannot follow this simple rule!? Now you can either work this out properly, or you can both pack your bags, and get out!"

Perhaps this last threat was a tad bit more than necessary, but Marta had little to no tolerance for this type of fighting. She'd known that half-demons would want to battle each other of course, but she'd also known from years of experience that if a battle like this persisted then one party could wind up dead, or dying. That's why she set up a system where students could fight each other in this manner, but prevent the battle from getting out of hand. "I'll also expect you both in my office within thirty minutes. Do I make myself clear!?"

[b][u]Academy City Outskirts: 10:24 A.M.[/u][/b]

It had been at least four hours since Masune had left Tokyo with Academy City as his destination, but now it was in his sights. A normal person would say that Masune had made great- no unbelievable time, but for Masune, this was still slow. If he'd truly wanted, he'd have been there a mere fifteen minutes after his departure, but if he'd done that, every aura detector in the city would go off within an instant, and for the moment, he wasn't too keen on being discovered. He lowered his speed yet again, and with it, his aura output. Lowering his aura to an undetectable level while maintaining an acceptable pace was no chore for him. Being a Carion Child, he simply needed to Dehance his cells to that of a humans, and continue moving, while decreasing the aura he emitted. Ok, maybe this wasn't a simple task per say, but it was one Masune had used many times before.

[i]Good. [/i]he thought to himself as his seemingly vanished. [i]Now not even the best aura detector would know I'm here. [/i]It wasn't that he didn't want his friends in Academy City to know he was there, it was just better for everyone if he'd conducted his business in secret for now. The fewer people involved in what he was currently doing the better. Especially since there was a person in Academy City who he truly didn't wish to know of his presence. He thought about her briefly, but decided that she'd be safer without knowing he was there. Besides Rachael couldn't really help him here. He'd only asked Avichi because he knew that he was still fascinated in humans, and himself and Jin above all others, and because he was the best option to find a demon that could appropriately test Jin without actually killing him.

It didn't take long for him to arrive at the walls that surrounded Academy City, towering at least thirty feet above him. A normal half-demon simply would have jumped over, or crossed through the gate in reality, but that would defeat the purpose of lowering his aura to this degree. Besides, he could easily climb these walls without expending even a drop of his aura. That was one of the problems that not just half-demons, but most Demon Slayers had when on stealth assignments. They'd grow so confident in their ability to conceal their aura that they'd forget that maybe there was a person designated to track any outside aura use. This was not a mistake Masune made though. Some would say that this was his experience as a Master Demon Slayer showing through. Masune would say that whoever said that lacked common sense.

In any case, this was a simple task for him, as he'd been climbing walls like this since he was a young boy in San Diego. It may not have always been 'legal' perhaps, but his skill at urban exploration had helped him multiple times during his career as a Demon Slayer, and helped him impress more then a single girl, and it wasn't long til they had him over that wall. Now for the fun part. Building jumps. This would be more difficult, but not impossible, since he'd had to jump across more than his share of buildings in his early days when he didn't even know aura existed. He leaped from the wall, onto the nearest building before anyone noticed him, and began his travels through Academy City, completely undetected.

[color=#000080][u][u][b]Outside Fifth Year Boys Dorm, [/b][b]Blind Eyes Academy, [/b][b]9:55 A.M.[/b][/u][/u][/color]

The battle was stopped by Marta suddenly warping between, applying aura nullification talismans and delivering a strong blow to the combatants. The yelling came natural, since they WERE disobeying a rule. Lucas stood up. [color=#000080][b]It was my fault, Marta, I provoked him and was willingly picking a fight. I won't do it again.[/b][/color] He said while bowing. [color=#000080][b]I will take complete responsibility for what happened and would prefer it if Demeter doesn't receive punishment, since I would be taking what punishment you have for him as well... [/b][/color]He kept his head down, keeping his voice low, and showing no emotion, only clear determination and confidence.

[u][b][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=georgia,serif]Basic Pharmaceuticals I, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:38 AM[/font][/size][/color][/b][/u]

Sarah Glared in disgust as a large plume of mist and fog took the seat to the farthest left of her, She would have loved to get to know the 2 Twins a little better, She then Sighed and put her head down...

A few minutes of frustrating thoughts left Sarah to ask about when Class started, Just when out of absolute and sheer luck, A student to her right decided to get out of his chair to move to a different seat, [color=#daa520][i]"Was he too distracted about her or Did he not like the big plume of fog?"[/i][/color], and with a very cheesy smile on her face, She looked and waited for the boy to sit down, then she made her move, Sitting in that spot that the boy had used to sit earlier. then just after she sat down, the 2 twins had entered the room, She grinned like a fox and said to herself in a quiet voice [color=#daa520]"Knew it!"[/color]. She Smiled as the 2 took their Seats, the boy sat closer to her than the girl, She was eying both Jin and Lien with interest and smiled at the both of them, saying to them [color=#daa520]"Didn't I see the 2 of you at the gate this morning?"[/color]

[u][b][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=georgia,serif]Marta's Office, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:50 AM[/font][/size][/color][/b][/u]

Of course, as Marta read her report, Jessica kept eye contact with Marta, she knew some of the things that would be either ridiculous or hard to believe, but at least her knowledge came from ancient books written by Alices themselves, as well as Sarah, Aeklyn, and that one other Alice that lived with Sarah. but when Marta stood up and assigned her to bring another report next month, and otherwise, continue classes, Jessica nodded before Marta warped, Jessica felt a sigh of relief before walking out of Marta's office [i][color=#0000cd]"at least she did not ask about THAT incident"[/color][/i]. She went into the 3rd Year Hall and into Basic Combat VII, to be met by Aeklyn Tackle-hugging her shortly afterward, They took their seats beside each other as usual...

[b]9:52 am, Blind Eyes Academy, Outside Fifth Year Boys Dorm[/b]

Demeter smiled as he expected his impulse cleave to land, but to his dismay Lucas produced a shield with his aura which nullified the red-violet wave. Demeter was astonished by the multiple uses of his roommate's aura, but he was a fifth year just like himself. Lucas was spinning now, stilling falling, believe it or not, and using a sizable amount of aura. This move would be devastating if it impacted, but Demeter knew this sort of technique. It was a straight arrow, a piercing aura that needed accuracy. All Demeter needed to do was throw off Lucas' aim. Demeter pulled his rifle from its sling behind his back and surged his aura through it. Raising it with one arm, he aimed at Lucas.

Then, Demeter's aura stopped flowing as a seal was placed upon his chest. Marta appeared out of nothing and sealed both boy's auras, pushing them apart a considerable distance from each other, and her mouth went off. She was completely in the right. This fight was wholly against the rules: unrestrained and unsupervised. Demeter felt her disappoint through her harsh words and even shared it. He did know better than this.

Lucas offered to take full responsibility and even take Demeter's part of the punishment, but he knew Marta wouldn't do anything of the sort. [color=#660033]"Just shut up, Lucas.. I'll be there, Miss Marta.. sooner than that." [/color]Demeter got to his feet and began walking towards the main school house.

[b]10:07 am, Blind Eyes Academy, Miss Marta's Office[/b]

True to Demeter's word, he was there, sitting in a wooden chair in front of Miss Marta's desk in much less time than was given. He had nothing else to do, anyways.

[color=#000080][u][u][u][b]Outside Fifth Year Boys Dorm, [/b][b]Blind Eyes Academy, [/b][b]9:57 A.M.[/b][/u][/u][/u][/color]

Though his words obviously went unheard, Lucas still meant them, but being the one truly at blame was normal for him, even if the finger wasn't always raised towards him. He saw as Marta warped away, and Demeter headed to her office, but the adversaries didn't exchange anything, not even a glare. Lucas decided to cool off a bit and sat next to the wall of the dorm building and lit a cigarette. He kept thinking what to do next, but couldn't answer himself. [color=#000080][b]This year is going to be interesting.[/b][/color] He said, exhaling the smoke.
After finishing the cigarette he made his way to Marta's office, seeing that Demeter was already on the chair waiting for the headmistress, Lucas preferred not to sit there, he leaned against the wall next to the door, and waited.

[b]Basic Pharmaceuticals I Classroom Blind Eye Academy, 9:40 [/b]
Mayu was sitting in class waiting on it to start. She was a little sick due to the weird mist. She figured she wasn't the only one who sensed it because the girl who was sitting behind her moved over a seat. Mayu was starting to wonder if the mist was going to be this bad for the entire class. She soon noticed two students who looked related enter the room and take their seats. Mayu looked over the boy and thought he was rather good looking even though he wasn't exactly who she was looking for. She started going over what she had learned in her first period in her head trying to make sure it sunk in.She over heard as the girl who moved over a seat ask the two students who came in if she saw them at the front gate. Mayu turned and said hi to all the three students who sat behind her. She also said out loud to the class that all the guys to focus on their class work rather than the girls in the class.

[b]Advanced Combat III Classroom,Blind Eye Academy, 9:40 [/b]
Soren was getting himself mentally ready for class as he felt a fight break out a distance a way and die out in no time. His mind was actually on his previous period and how the class had got so bad towards the end when Jin busted through the door. He actually received some hits from some of the student nothing so bad that he had to go to the nurse like most of them but he was not about to let that hold him back form preforming in this class he was actually hoping that this class went by easier than his last. He felt that it was actually going to. He also hoped that Jin stayed out any more trouble for the day.

[color=#006400][u][b]Aura Control 2, Blind Eyes Academy 10:00 A.M[/b][/u][/color].

Class had been going on for about 20 minutes now and of course the fun had begun. This class was different though in its execution. Instead of just hacking away at freshmen Tenkai enlisted the aid of some outside parties. From the outside it would look like all the students were quietly sitting in their chairs while Tenkai was walking around giving a lecture on auras. But of course that wasn't true. The truth was that Tenkai had paralyzed the students with a specially made poisonous gas. It wasn't anything to special just enough to make sure the synapses that regulate motion in the brain ceased to function while the pain receptors acted normally. There were some interesting people in the Oda Faction. As the students were struggling to move Tenkai gave a little speech about how Aura can be tangible and how one could use it to defend themselves.

[color=#006400]Aura is life flowing around you. It is life that oozes out of you and gives you the strength and ability to anoint others with the meaning of life. In Aura control 1 you learned simply how to call upon this very nature. But you should be insulted, you should already know how to live! Does a baby need to be taught how to cry? Does a fish need to be taught how to swim? No! So you should not be taught on how to fully use your aura.[/color] Some of the students were trembling others were trying to flush out as much aura as they could mainly because they had him before so they new not to trust anything he says at face value. One student looked like he was about to cry until a shot was heard, quickly followed by breaking glass, and then the boy flew into the wall. Luckily his head did not explode as it rightfully should have thanks to the boy's aura. He was knocked unconscious.

[color=#006400]I have positioned multiple snipers equipped with anti-tank rifles around the perimeter of the school to shoot you. Of course you could die because these humans are only interested in dealing head shots...buuuuttt that shouldn't happen your aura is proof that you are alive. Now use your aura...to prove to my soldiers that you want to live.[/color] For the rest of class there would be awkward moments of silence while the literally paralyzed students would get picked off one by one. Unless their aura was dense enough anyway.

[color=#006400][u][b]Advanced Combat 3, Blind Eyes Academy 11:10 a.m.[/b][/u][/color]

Tenkai at this point has gotten back into the swing of teaching. Still doesn't have Aura Control 1 yet but that seems to be his last class of the day. Odd. But Advanced Combat is always fun. At this stage in the game the students are so defensive and on guard its almost fun to watch them tense up. Its almost breathe taking. Nevertheless this is the most interesting thing he was going to do for a while so why not get started. The students sat down with their swords and guns fully draw, murderous intent and aura oozing out. If anything this warmed Tenkai's heart.

It was then that Tenkai opened the door and in came four helpers who came carrying giant boxes. Tenkai simply smiled the whole time as one helper opened the box and revealed balloons. More like a string of balloons all tied together on a piece of white thread. Each thread had six full blown balloons on it and the students were overly cautious. Tenkai wasn't going on about life...and more life. He was quiet as the balloons were slowly being tied around one of their legs. Sensory types inspected the balloons. There was nothing malicious about them and the only thing in them was air. After the last student was outfitted Tenkai simply turned his head side to side. The students naturally assumed fighting stances.

[color=#008000]So let's play a game.[/color] Tenkai spoke omniously.[color=#006400] Well all of you will get the joy of this game. Its simple. Everyone has six balloons strapped to their legs. The goal is to pop everyone else's balloons instead of your own. Last one standing by the end of class is the winner. That is all....oh and if all six of your balloons pop then maybe, just maybe they are a symbol of how you value life.[/color] The class tensed up for a moment. As their teachers aura was starting to fill the room once again.

[color=#006400]...Begin...[/color]

Eager to began combat the students started going full force at each other. Some took this as a chance to get out some aggression against other students while some went straight for the balloons needless to say blood was being shed and aura's were leaking out from the class. Tenkai was in ecstasy at all the violence a simple balloon game could conjure up. Surely these students want to live.

[color=#006400][b][u]Advance Combat 4, Blind Eyes Academy 12:30 p.m[/u][/b][/color]

This was going to be the most fun class of the day he thought as he gleefully was writing on the board. Life was well, to think he could have this much fun "teaching" other students. He wondered if other teachers had this much fun like that Wise, Takehaya-sensei. What an interesting person he is? Tenkai thought while licking his lips almost in bloodlust. I wonder what his story is? Did he have a tragic upbringing? Does he see life the same way I do? Why would he become a teacher? Oh what an interesting man he is. I wonder how he screams? He said with the a devilish smirk as he walked out of class ready for students to see his message.

Ten minutes later students would enter an empty class room to see nothing but ordinary writings on the wall which read:

[color=#006400]"Class is postponed for today and will be held at a later time.[/color]

[color=#006400]Live long and prosper. -Tenkai[/color]

[color=#006400]P.S. I have grown a sudden liking for the name 'Fred' "[/color]

[b]Jan 19, 9:47 am - Blind Eyes / Basic Pharmaceuticals Classroom [/b]

Given enough time, the blemish did indeed make its way to Ame's side. It took the form of a man -perhaps just a boy, but what was the true difference?- as he burned with nascent flames of darkness, ephemeral sparks that scratched the fog around it like the tip of an overly sharpened blade. She almost flinched; it wasn't painful, but the inevitable shredding of the fog about her was annoying, if not slightly perplexing. What, exactly, was different about this that the mist roiled and twisted to get away from it, unlike any other spawn of demon to be born in the past?

She began subconsciously gathering more of the fog about her, concentrating it into a billowing pillar that filled the room in order to compensate. At first, she spared no thought for the action- he was removing fog from her presence, so she had to fix that- but she thought again a second later. The others in the classroom- the scurrying residents of the fog, the lesser denizens who normally subsumed- appeared to be made uncomfortable by the presence of so much of the veil.

She frowned a little, and allowed most of it to disperse. For whichever reason, it didn't please her to make the others uncomfortable for no truly good reason. Besides, it did not matter how much fog she brought, it was unlikely to blot out the dark light provided by the mist-wound before her.

It occurred to her that she didn't actually know what to do after she found the mist-wound.

very slightly, she frowned.

[b][u]January 19th, Basic Pharm. Class, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:48[/u][/b]

Lien blinked once, attempting to remember the small child before her and Jin, who was still clutching his left eye. The girl looked familiar, as if she'd seen her just this morning, when it occurred to her that she had seen her before. "You're Sarah, right? Yes I think we did meet at the gate when we arrived, right? How are you liking your new classes so far?" She spoke politely, and happily relished a chance to meet someone new, just being her typical happy self, but Jin on the other hand, was somewhat different.

The pulsing in his eye had changed to throbbing now. The longer he'd been in the mist, the more frequent the throbbing became. [i]Should I tell someone?[/i] he thought, unsure of whether or not this was normal here. Nobody else seemed effected by the strange mist, but all the same, they didn't seem to like it. Jin considered moving seats, but before he could, the mist began to converge on a singular location, near Jin. The pain in Jin's eye surged and seemed to all but rip itself apart. He fought from screaming in pain as the pain exceeded, growing to an unbearable burning feeling. Jin couldn't take it anymore, and was about to scream when all at once, the pain ceased.

They pain may have disappeared, but the effects were... incredible. Rather than losing his sight, as one would have imagined, he gained sight. More than he'd thought existed. For one, he could see everything in any given direction around him, in a 360 degree radius of sight. This alone was amazing to Jin, yet even more fascinating was how he could see each small muscular movement each person made, and was able to predict the next movement they'd make. The most strange however, was not the physical sight, but the fact that he could see the souls of all those around him, still chained the body, and still shining bright.

In all of his fascination, he still managed to see something that looked normal. A small girl, about his age, sitting where the mist once was. It was then that he noticed that the mist around himself and the others had disappeared. Perhaps this ability was some form of counterattack to that mist? The girl seemed to be normal, but nobody else saw her. Wait, the girl was normal. Why was she normal when all others around him had souls literally bursting out of their bodies? Finally, Jin couldn't take it. He leaned towards the girl and spoke. "How long have you been there? Are you the reason for that mist?"

[b][u]Marta's Office, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:59 A.M.[/u][/b]

Marta entered the office to find the two students each seated in one of the chairs at her desk. She did not look at them until she'd rounded her desk and taken her own seat, at which time she stared angrily at the two. "Now, which of you would like to tell me the reason for this fight of yours?" It wasn't that this would make her agree with them that they should fight, she just wanted to know why two fifth year students were fighting in that way. She was sure that Demeter had been provoked by Lucas, but a student such as him should not be so easily taunted. "Demeter, you start please."

[b][u]Gekutako Shopping Plaza, Academy City: 10:33 A.M.[/u][/b]

The plaza was full as always. Even during school hours, teenage girls and boys would be gathered here, either ditching their classes, or simply having an off period. Masune had to admit, it looked pretty entertaining, even for someone his age. He'd need to remember to spend some time there once this job was finished, but for now it was too important that he position himself properly and focus on the task at hand. Knowing Avichi, the demon he chose would attack Jin in a secluded area, and would arrive soon. He'd need to be ready before the demon was too.

If his estimation of Jin's skill was anywhere near accurate, he should have received his Chaos Sight shortly before Masune's arrival. That would give him an almost equal footing, if not an advantage over the demon testing him. If not, well Masune supposed he was there for this exact reason after all, but he'd rather not reveal himself that soon. He'd just need to put his faith in Jin for the fight. After all, Chaos Sight was a self teaching technique that basically downloaded the methods on how to use it into Jin's head upon it's acquisition. He just hoped Jin figured out it's uses on time.

After a while of building hopping, Masune decided that it would be more prudent to walk from here on. [i]Any more strenuous activity and I could let slip some aura. [/i]​It would be a true shame if that were to happen, since he'd gone to such great lengths to hide his presence. He glanced off the edge of the building he was currently standing on and overlooked the alley he was aiming to land in. It wasn't too bad a drop. Merely 56ft at best... Well, it wasn't too bad a drop for someone like Masune anyways. He dropped down, crouching as he landed and making only a small amount of noise, then stood and snapped his fingers, using the Mist to remove the memory of any who'd heard his landing. Mist manipulation for the use of memory removal was a staple technique for a good Demon Slayer, especially since it required no aura and the targets almost never knew what was happening. Only problem was, that's all the Mist would do for most people. It gets outta the way for some people with a special visual Aethr, but even that pushed things.

[u][u][b][color=#4b0082][size=4][font=georgia,serif]Basic Pharmaceuticals I, Blind Eyes Academy: 9:50 AM[/font][/size][/color][/b][/u][/u]

Sarah Giggled and Smiled as Lien was talking to her, and when she asked about her classes, She grinned and said [color=#daa520]"If I had to be honest, Although my first class went well... It was honestly nothing new to me..." [/color]Sarah then remembered what had happened back in her last class, which she said to Lien, which Jin likely overheard [color=#daa520]"I may end up taking you and your brother to meet up with Ashley Sometime, She seems interested in meeting any new friends I make..." [/color]this ended in a Giggle, but she took her attention off of Lien for a moment to look around, too many Students were still fixated on her, despite yells of a random girl or 2, So She decided to add Black Ribbons under her School Uniform. She closed her eyes as she felt the tight embrace of many Black Ribbons coil around her legs and arms, Causing the Pheromone level coming from her to go down and causing a lot of people to stop focusing on gawking at her...

Ame looked at the mist-wound for a long moment.

How odd. He spoke to her. Should she respond? There was no clear reason not to, of course. She was quite certain that she hated him.

The flecks of dark fire about him had coalesced into a single flame, a hot tapir that carved through the mist around him. His eyes were particularly disconcerting, lit by some unknown power in such a way that they looked past the veil, exposing the flawed underpinnings that it hid. Every being of supernatural origin could ignore the existence of the veil and live past its shield of blissful ignorance, but this was a different level entirely; rather than simply existing with the Mist, it defied it, made a mockery of what it hid and guarded against. They were piercing eyes, possibly perverted- in that the saw that which they were not supposed, not intended to see.

If Ame knew what hatred was, she would guess it was similar to what she felt while comprehending such a concept that was before her.

Oh yes, he had asked her questions. She had nearly forgotten.

"I have been here since I came from elsewhere," she said honestly, though her memory of having been outside the classroom was fast fading. That was fine; memories like that were unneeded baggage.

"And... the mist?" she asked, a note of confusion creeping into her voice. The concept of the Mist that swaddled everything having an origin confused her.

"The Mist is just... the Mist," she said, shaking her head. "It's always been there. You were hurting it, so I called in more to fill the gap. It didn't work, though. I think I hate you," she said with no actual change of intonation or expression.

-

[b]Jan 19, 10:40 am - Academy City / Plaza[/b]

"To arms, men!" Theseus howled as he looked over the brave men and women who volunteered for his task. His troupe: a band of noble soldiers, valiant veterans of combat prepared to sacrifice time, liberty and health in the name of their noble leader. None was the picture of good health, perhaps, nor anything that could be called an 'expert' or, in many cases, even as far as a journeyman in the art of the chosen combat proxy, but that was irrelevant. The off-est cog could form the greatest machine when assembled by an artisan, and by Jove Theseus considered himself an artisan of men; a conductor, if you will, of the crowds and the wills of the many.

"Will you allow [i]them [/i]-these sniveling rejects, villains and assorted dumb, lame and talentless hacks- to defeat us, [i]the chosen [/i]of our such standing? Let anyone who sinks so low as to think they can't accomplish this, stand down now so you might be corrected! For, and I repeat dear women and men of mine..."

He glanced around before huddling down in a conspiratorial manner;

"You are [i]wrong. [/i]We are the greatest. We have already won, time simply hasn't caught up yet. You hear that? I don't see your SPIRIT! WE. WILL."

"WIN!" his soldiers finished for them, clapping their hands and offering fist bumps before taking their positions. Theseus nodded with a grin before taking his own position in front of the guard pole, still offering a thumbs up to any man who looked his way.

The opposing team watched, largely in shock if not horror.

"You think he might be taking DDR... a little bit seriously?" one of them asked.

Another shrugged.

"He's from Blind Eyes. They're all insane there," another remarked.

Advanced Hand-to-Hand 4, 9:55 am
Ayame looked at her timetable as the teacher continued to drone about the advanced techniques they would be learning this term. Looking back through the times assigned to each class, she noticed that she was also supposed to have Aura Control 2 during the same time slot. Remembering a technique that had served her well whenever she had been late to classes, she looked down at the electrical socket sitting next to her desk, and brought her hand down next to it as she started to channel her aura. Touching the socket, she used a special little spell she had found, that allows a lightning aura user to temporarly move their sight through the electrical system on an area, and use other connections to the power to get a glimpse out of them. In this case, she moved her sight through to the classroom a couple of floors above and, channeling it through one of the currently turned off lights, took a look into Aura Control 2.

Aura Control 2, 10:00 am
Looking down from the lights up the top of the classroom, Ayame could see what appeared to be a normal class, with Tenkai teaching a group of fairly alert looking students. After a more careful look over them, she could tell that none of the students were actually moving at all, and that most of them were bringing their auras up in a sort of shield. A necesary shield too, by the looks of things, as one of the students got hit by a bullet shot through the glass, and ended up against the wall. Suddenly glad she wasn't part of that class, Ayame returned her sight to her own body, seeming to almost wake up from a sleep as she did so.

Advanced Hand-to-Hand, 10:05 am
Ayame opened her eyes back up to see the teacher looking down at her. [color=#000080]"Miss Kageya, is my class so boring to you that you just fall asleep in it?"[/color][color=#FFD700] "Sorry teach, but I had just found out that one of the higher-ups had placed two of my classes in the same time slot, so I was using a simple little spell to have a look in the other class and see what was going on there."[/color] The teacher stood back a bit, looking more confused than angry now. [color=#000080]"And was this class doing anything to render itself more important than mine?"[/color][color=#FFD700] "Actually no, it was Tenkai's Aura Control 2, and after having seen what's going on there, I'm rather glad I'm here instead."[/color][color=#000080] "Fine, you'll get away with it this time, but I must ask you to concentrate more. Besides, it will do him good to have negative things like this happen to him from time to time."[/color] The teacher walked back to the front after that, and continued his lesson.

The sky above Academy City, 10:30 am
Naomi had returned from the couple of hours of training she had done, and was relaxing by flying around in the sky just below the cloud level. This continued until she noticed a person who was leaping across building to building before jumping down off one of the buildings to land in an alleyway on the ground level. Noticing the mist start to gather around him, probably to meddle with the memories of those who had seen him jump down, she saw him walk out of the alleyway and into the main city. With nothing better to do herself, she started to follow, to see who and what that person was.

[b]10:00 am, Blind Eyes Academy, Marta's Office[/b]

Demeter hadn't ever really been in trouble before. When concerned about school, for that matter. He couldn't help but feel angry at Lucas. [color=#660033][i]What's he like to do? Just go around antagonizing people? He had no reason to.. insult me. [/i][/color]Being one who didn't like that blame game, Demeter started thinking of his own actions. He didn't [i]need [/i]to fall for Lucas' antics, but why did he?

Miss Marta walked into the room, taking her seat and glaring the boys down. She asked why the fight began and allowed Demeter to have the first say. He met her fierce eyes with his own then darted them to the corner of Marta's desk. [color=#660033]"He insulted me. Repeatedly. I know I didn't have to act upon it.."[/color]

At this point, Demeter hadn't a clue how to continue. There wasn't much that happened. It was an intentionally instigated fight, through and through.

[color=#660033]"But.. he wanted to fight, as soon as he met me. I know that."[/color]

Archived