Kingdom Hearts: The 13th Requiem [PG-13/Not Accepting]

Phantom Roxas

Kreix shrugged at Haxz's dismissal, but had to cover his ears when Omcraxs called for his personal Wraith. "Yes, I'm aware of your spy. Apparently it was wrong for me to assume that you would understand that I was referring to your agents. Whatever secret business you have with your Wraiths can wait. Take Xetatyl and…" He stared at Cal. "Cal is your old name. You must have a new one." Kreix began the naming ceremony, but with little interest in it. The name "Laxc" appeared before the puppeteer, and Kreix clapped his hands. "Laxc. Omcraxs, you will go. The more you refuse to go, the more insistent I will be about this. Now. GO."

Kreix was aware that his flirtations with Xetatyl were far too obvious. Haxz and Omcraxs were already losing what little faith they had in him to begin with, and now Kreix was risking losing even more of his composure. He had planned to abandon them when things were closer to success, but right now, it was not worth the risk.

[hr]
Lexyk turned away, preparing to leave the Samurais' quarters. "Sujoxah, show Xawnd around the castle. Let your Samurai help him fit into your order." Lexyk teleported away, to see what Doxfer was up to.

[hr]
"As I said, nothing more than a simple introduction. Follow me." Xelo opened a Corridor, waiting for Justice to enter. "No, please, I insist."

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You want me to go that badly? FINE THEN, I'll go right ahead and  follow, no how about LEAD, a little suicidal escapade. I mean what's the worst  that could happen? Besides being stuck in a world where I would like to kill everything I see on instinct, accompanied by two and a half newcomers and a Wraith. I'd say that's the worst that could happen but I guess it's already happening, so it can't get worse."

The man jumped down from his seat with a frustrated frown and leaped towards the Wraith in the centre of the room. Without any further words, besides a final "Hmph " and an angry look at Kreix, he disappeared into the Corridor of Darkness. Getting out quickly would prove an easy task. All he had to hope for was that there would be no Heartless immediately waiting for him as he got out.

Omcraxs came out of the corridor and looked around. Good, no Heartless in sight. He sighed, in a mixture of residual anger and relief, as he took a few steps forward to make another corridor. He might have no idea where this place was, but he knew all too well how to get the hell out of there.

He Summoned the corridor, and then was suddenly pushed to the side by a set of talons. "Ow, what the he-"

Omcraxs recognized the symbol on the Wyvern's chest. It caused him to bear his teeth and growl, which then turned to a mad cry. "ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS NEEDED TO DO WAS NOT SHOW UP!  BUT YOU REALLY WANTED TO FUCKING DISAPPEAR, DIDN'T YOU? WELL I CAN GIVE YOU A HAND ON THAT!"

The Nobody leaped back and his Sandtrap materialized in his hand, as he stretched his arm to the side. His rage increasing, he dashed at the poor thing and slashed at it repeatedly. A few rounds of white metal were all it took to make it fade. But it was too late. More of them were appearing, gathering around him.

Omcraxs continued to rampage, eventually throwing his sword to the ground and triggering his elemental powers. Sandtrap's blade turned into sand, and the mud around it followed suit. The Nobody started moving his arms madly, as the sand danced in the air with it, striking down various Heartless. In the deepest of his mind, he knew; he knew they wouldn't stop coming.

But he couldn't stop.

She knew what kind of person he was? That was enough to make his cheeks turn slightly more red. He'd blushed so much that it was probably a little bit noticable now. Still, how did she know what kind of person he was? The two weren't that close were they? No, certainly not. But, that wasn't important anyways, was it?

[i]How sad...[/i] Shuren thought as Viola spoke. He'd expected her to say something along these lines, but this was more than he thought she was going to tell him, and yet, he felt as if she'd left out so much still. [i]What could have caused Viola to begin thinking like this?[/i] Of course what she was saying was true, happy moments never did last. Shuren had known that as well as she did- well, maybe not AS well as her, but he knew how she felt. Even so, what a sad way to live. Now he was feeling guilty for asking her and making her recount some obviously painful experiences. The least he could do was try to cheer her up.

"You're right about that. Happiness doesn't stay for very long. But so what?" Shuren said looking Viola directly in the eyes. He felt weird doing it, and couldn't help but notice how Viola looked without her glasses. [i]Dude, cut it out with that![/i] he thought to himself furiously [i]You don't like her like that anyways, so what's the point in even thinking about crap like that?[/i] 

"I mean, aren't the few fleeting happy moments you share with those around you worth dealing with the pain and loss? Besides, it's not like they're gone forever. They live on in here." At those words, he pointed towards her heart, making sure not to point his finger too close to her breast. He was already thinking about how she looked without glasses, he didn't need to throw that in the mix too. "You still have those moments in you're memories, right? So in a way, doesn't that mean that they DO last forever?" 

Suddenly he was feeling somehow cheered up. Almost as if Viola'd steered him into saying what he needed to hear. Now that he was in his usual mindset, all the worrying he'd done about Trevor seemed silly. Yeah, he was jealous of him, but so what? He was still his friend. He made a quick mental note to himself to apologize to Trevor, even though as far as Trevor knew he had nothing to apologize for. But back to the matter at hand.

"As for being the Prime Merlinian. You're probably right about why you were chosen, but not for the reasons you think." Shuren couldn't help but smile widely to her as he spoke now. "I think that maybe, because you know loss and sadness, you can understand others who suffer from those, and find a way to help them. Factor in the fact that our enemies are people who've succumb to those emotions, and that kinda supports what I mean. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, and I know what I said probably doesn't really help anything."

It was then that he remembered that they were suppose to be finding that bunnies backpacks. By now Trevor and Ryan were probably getting close to finding one, so the two of them should probably pick up the slack a little. "Anyways, that's all I wanted to ask. Thanks for answering too. I think it gave me a bit more strength. Still, I'm sorry that I asked you. I know it's not an easy question, and I'm probably not the guy you want to talk to about this stuff, so in return feel free to ask me anything you'd like. I'll answer honestly too, so don't worry about that."

With that Shuren turned and began to walk towards the clock tower, but then stopped, and turned to say one last thing. "Oh, by the way. You look cute with your glasses off." 

The hell did he say that for? The whole time he was telling himself NOT to do or say or even THINK anything stupid, then he says that? No point in brooding about it now he supposed. He was probably just joking about it anyways, and hopefully Viola knew that, but still he couldn't hide a tiny hint of red in his cheeks.

Haxz glared a little at Kreix whilst Omcraxs disappeared. "Kreix, if we're done here, I'll take my leave." He didn't wait for permission as the corridor encomapssed him and faded away.

[hr]

"That inconceivable bastard!"

Haxz slammed his fists on a library table, sending a wave that toppled the on-desk lamp. "We have few Greater Nobodies as is, and he's just casting one we've spent several months training into a pit like that. *Growls* Looks like it is once again up to me to rectify this situation."

Reaching deep within his cloak, Haxz removed one of the many cards he kept on his person. Inscribed onto it was a very confused Wraith, frozen in place. He flicked it through the air and in a puff of smoke, it released the Wraith it was imprisoning. Haxz grabbed it by the arms and stared into it deeply. "Listen to me carefully bumblebee, and don't even THINK about cloaking right now. Tell me the exact location of Omcraxs. I know you little freakjobs somehow keep in contact with each other, so get the info, then take me there. NO, funny business. Or its back into the card for you."

(Since I'm lucky to still be online, I'll push out one more post before Sonic gets ahold of Ryan. :) )

Well, that was strange. If Cornelius could handle himself, and Balthazar was handling his own errands, then this will be difficult. Ryan sighed at how things were not really going well. He then dug his hands into his pocket and felt something on the left one. Then it hit him like a bully hitting a retarded kid. He took out his phone – Oh, what a shock! – and groaned. "I don't know how I do it." he said sarcastically. And good thing too, he needed a laugh.

Then Trevor brought up the phone being able to use a mapping function. He thought about it and came to the conclusion that HE didn't need it. He can memorize which directions to go and put it backwards. "Eh, you can use it if you want. I'll keep a lookout for the bags, alright?" Ryan then began to write a text to Shuren. "Hey, just telling you good luck with your search. Also, good luck with what you're REALLY trying to accomplish. See you back at the Inn. ;) P.S. Tell Viola I'm sorry about how I acted earlier." He then sent the message and hoped Shuren got it.

Ryan then gestured Trevor to start moving. He wouldn't want to do this by himself, now would he...?

The Wraith coughed sharply as it had not moved around in so much time that its body had not gotten fully used to air. Not that I know if it could breathe or not, Nobodies are really freaking weird.

But it came back to self as it was powerfully grasped by Number II. It then remembered what his duty was, though it was in no position to perform it. It listened to Haxz, panic growing within it and making it shake.

Once he was finished barking orders, the Wraith nodded unstably and arched backwards, opening its mouth and, once again, just seemingly froze in that position.

"-- .- ... - . .-. !

-- .- ... - . .-. !

.-- .... . .-. .?!"

The answer echoed inaudible from Starscream from the Throne Room, and the Wraith before Haxz closed its mouth. It stared ad Haxz and calmly slipped out of his grasp like it wasn't even there. It then turned and opened a corridor, looking back at the Greater.

Shuren... As the guy spoke, even though Viola didn't quite get what he was trying to convey to her, she couldn't help but feel touched by his words. She had actually been expecting him to be weirded out by her or something like that, but instead, he delivered a heartfelt speech about happiness, memories, and emotions. But then again, she did know what kind of person he was, from the very moment she first saw him - after all, she had seen people like him before. Though she didn't realize it, a small smile had formed on her face.

Once Shuren was done, she couldn't help but note the wide grin on his face. That meant that either he made all that up just to impress her, or he felt pleased with himself for finding the right words. It was probably the latter, but hey, who knows? But whatever the case, Viola felt better. Preparing to go after the backpacks with him, she suddenly remembered something as she checked her pocket. She still hadn't thanked him for his birthday present yet!

Stopping where she was, she opened her mouth to thank him when-

"Oh, by the way. You look cute with your glasses off." His exact words.

"E- e- e- EH?" Viola said in surprise, probably a bit louder than necessary. Her face rapidly turning a deep crimson, she moved her head over to the side to hide her embarrassment, though it wasn't easy to hide her wobbly arms. "I- i- is that so? Eh- ehehe, thanks, I guess~"

Realizing that she most likely looked like an idiot right now, she turned around and sighed to cool herself down. Having regained her composure, Viola looked at the glasses in her hands for a bit before putting them on, and then turning around to showcase them.

"You thought I was some cute girl? Well, too bad! It's glasses-Viola!" The girl jokingly declared while gripping her glasses, drawing the line from a meme. "Now let's go-oooh---!" Just as she made her first step forward, she nearly tripped but managed to regain her balance in time before Shuren did something stupid like catching her. She repeated, "Go."

Trying to straighten herself, Viola took each next step quickly but carefully, moving past Shuren so he wouldn't see that her face was still red, heading towards the clocktower.

Fortunately Viola tooks his words less seriously than Shuren was afraid of. She did stutter at it a little at first, most likely out of confusion, but managed to shrug the compliment off as more of a joke, and making her own joke to go along with it. That was after all what Shuren was hoping for. Still, a small part of him felt a little upset about it. "Well whatever you say glasses." he said going along with her. She tripped, and Shuren almost reached out to catch her, but she managed to regain her own balance before he needed to move at all. "Jeez, you need your glasses more than I thought."

Before either of them could say anymore on that though, Shuren heard a quick ring and felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Ryan had sent him a message. "Looks like Trevor and Ryan found one of the backpacks already. That's good." Shuren said as he clicked on the message box and opened the text.
"[font='courier new', courier, monospace]Hey, just telling you good luck your search. Also, good luck with what you're REALLY trying to accomplish. See you back at the Inn. ;) P.S. Tell Viola I'm sorry about how I acted earlier.[/font]"
Shuren blushed at the first bit, and almost responded with 'screw you too buddy' but stopped himself. For one, he didn't need to start anymore arguments, and he wasn't entirely sure if Ryan was in the state for him to joke around yet. Also, that'd probably give Ryan the wrong idea.
"[font='courier new', courier, monospace]It's not like that xD But the thanks anyways, I'll tell her. Good luck on your search too.[/font][font='courier new', courier, monospace]"[/font]
And send. Now that that was out of the way, they could get back to business. Shuren looked over to Viola, who'd walked a short distance ahead of him while he was looking at the phone. "Ryan seems to be doing better too." he told her as he dropped the Iphone back into his pocket. "He says he's sorry for that thing this morning. Anyways, lets head to the plaza. If anyone's seen those backpacks or James, I'll bet they'll turn up there eventually." And so, the two of them headed towards the clocktower.

The plaza was large, and a little bit crowded as well, but still nothing compared to the streets of Manhatten. Shuren's guess about it being a form of shopping center was right, to some extent at least. There were plenty of shops, devoted to everything from candy and coffee, to magical trinkets and potions. Of course Shuren didn't have any form of currency to buy any of this, and the longer he stayed in the plaza, the more he wanted to purchase a souvenir. It wouldn't be hard, he noticed multiple times, to just sneak the money out of some of the residents pockets, but he was determined to hold onto his earlier decision not to steal from these people. No, he'd have to make do without his souvenir for the time being.

More importantly, they'd asked multiple different people, but nobody seemed to have seen or ever even heard of James. That was to be expected though. Even if James was here, he couldn't have arrived much earlier than they did. Besides, he'd been kidnapped. It's not like his kidnapper's gonna let him go out shopping. "Maybe we need to change our approach. Instead of asking if they've seen James, maybe we should try asking about his kidnapper. Did you see what he-" Shuren's sentence was cut short though, as he looked up toward the clocktower and saw, he couldn't tell exactly what it was, but it looked a little like a satchel. Without even bothering to finish his sentance, he darted past Viola and towards the clocktower, hoping to get a better look. Sure enough, a backpack was wrapped around the hour hand of the clock. "I'll bet you another birthday present that that's the backpack we're looking for."

Haxz nodded, and withdrew his deck of cards. He shuffled them casually and gave the Wraith a piercing look. "Good boy. Now, I must go save your master before he's overwhelmed by the Heartless. Know what's going to happen if he does? You lot become expendable, so, if you decided to be funny, know I will be back for you, and Omcraxs won't. Take that as a warning for you and your kind."

With a sweep of his arms, Haxz somehow claimed and donned his Coat, which he somehow kept on him, probably in the inventory slot. Either way, he marched through the Corridor with the deck at the ready.

[hr]

The Wraith, by a twist of good fortune, desposited Haxz near where Omcraxs was. The crazy bastard was surrounded by innumerous Wyvern Heartless, and more continued to add to their numbers. Haxz sighed with annoyance, as at that point this the only emotion he could muster. Raised high, the deck in his hand flew up and fluttered around him like a circular table of chance.

His own body rose as well, and with no effort, he launched himself into the fray. Picking a card, he flipped over the One card. It manifested itself as a huge freaking orange ball that steamrolled through the unsuspecting Wyverns. "Kreix will pay for this."

Trevor kept messing with the phone as the two walked around the districts, until Trevor finally sighed and put the cellphone away. "Well, that whole time, and not a map function anywhere." he said, as he then put his hands behind his head. "Guess we'll be on our own then for directions. So, where do you think the first bag i-"

"There!" Ryan said, as he pointed towards a street light. Lo and behold, there was one of the backpacks hanging from the light. "Well, seems like these should be easy to find..." he mumbled. He knew they wouldn't be, but having some optimism in situations is good...right?

Before Ryan could come up with a plan, Trevor had already began to try and climb the streetlight. "C'mon...c'mon..." he said, as his fingers just grazed the bag. "Ooohh....so close..." he said before he fell onto the ground. "...ow..."

Ryan shook his head, as he thought about the spells that him and the others had learned. However, the one spell that did come to mind was one he, himself was still in the process of learning. Might as well give it a try... he thought, as he looked at the bag. "Gravity!" Ryan said, seeing it move slightly. "Gravity!!" Once again, the bag moved slightly. "GRAVITY!!!" On the last try, the bag slung off the light, and landed right in Ryan's hands. "Trevor! Let's keep going!"

"...on it..." Trevor groaned as he finally got up and followed Ryan once more.

In the plaza, they looked around while asking the residents about a certain James. But as she expected, not a single clue popped up. She also inspected the shops, some of the things catching her eye, but she knew that neither her nor Shuren had any of this 'Munny' thing to buy them. Besides, even if they were paid in dollars, she'd left her purse back at the inn. After a while, since it seemed like they weren't getting anywhere, he was about to suggest something when he cut himself off all of a sudden.

The guy was wrapped in a black cloak. That could be just about anyone... Viola thought sadly, but didn't say it. In any case, her line of thought was interrupted as she realized that Shuren was racing for the clocktower. "W- w- wait! Jeez!"

Racing after him, she fell behind due to her short stature, and was out of breath by the time she caught up with him. Following his gaze up to the hour hand of the clock, by squinting a bit, she was able to get a glimpse of the same 'backpack' he had been referring to. Upon taking another deep breath to recover her energy, Viola spoke up.

"I'll get it!" Approaching the wall, she raised her ring finger before jumping up and seemingly let herself topple over. Instead, however, her feet stuck to the wall like a magnet to metal. In other words, she was now standing sideways to the ground. Looking upwards to the side, the girl grinned at Shuren.

"Another birthday present, eh~? Well, this time it'd better be something you bought with your own money!"

Not giving him a chance to ponder on these words, Viola began to run up the front of the clocktower like Spiderman, using her powers as the Prime Merlinean to keep herself balanced via displacing her own gravity. True, just about everyone in Traverse Town could see her if they had good eyesight, and true, this was kind of cheating, but who cares? Once she was at the top, she climbed onto an edge, stood properly upright, and waved down at her fellow apprentice far below in excitement.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY, SHUUURRREEENNNN CAN YOU HEAAAAAARRRRRR MEEEEEEEEEEE???" She yelled from the top, letting her voice echo down. "I'LLLL GET THE BAAAACKPAAAACK NOW, OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY?"

That done, she turned around to face the clock directly. From here, she could she see the backpack quite clearly - it was only a few meters away from her. So this belonged to the bunny prince? Now, all that was left was retrieving it.

Kreix watched as Omcraxs had a temper tantrum, departing for his mystery world. Haxz excused himself, not that Kreix minded. Haxz at least met Xetatyl and Laxc, although Kreix was wondering what could be taking Xelo so long with their new member. Starscream was still in the room, likely awaiting for his master to return. Kreix kept the Corridor summoned by Omcraxs opened, and looked at the two, or three, new recruits.

"Go help him out."

"He just said it was a suicide mission," Xetatyl said. "Even if you said 'please', you're doing a terrible job of convincing me to go with him."

Kreix summoned his flailstaff. "Or I could kill you now, and save myself the trouble of having to debate this with you."

"If you're so insistent on getting this done, why don't you go help him?"

That comment was meant with the sickle embedding itself in the wall next to Xetatyl's throne. "That was warning," Kreix said dryly. "Your job is to understand how things work around here. My job is to look into this Keyblade."

"Yeah, you get the easy job, it sounds like."

"What was that?"

"I said I'll go!"

"Good."

Xetatyl stepped down from the throne and approached the Corridor, looking at Laxc. "You heard him, bring your stupid puppet and come with me." Xetatyl stepped through, but the Corridor stayed open for Laxc and Strider. Kreix called his flailstaff away, and with his free arm, summoned Lexyk and Doxfer.

"Summon as many Paladins as you can. Omcraxs is going to an unknown world, and this puppeteer will be joining another recruit in learning the ways of our glorious Organization."

Lexyk and Doxfer bowed their heads and stepped through the Corridor as well. Kreix turned to Nerhyx. "Thank you for joining us, Nerhyx. I see no reason to keep you here any longer, so if you so desire, you may take your leave."

"Oh come on I get stuck with high and frosty? Whatever. Let's get this awkward cop drama over with." Responding to some silent command, Laxc rose from his pile, picked up Strider, and tossed him through the portal, then running behind him.

~~

Strider soared through a sea in the sky, a sea of Wvyren heartless. Omcraxs wasn't kidding, Wveryn tend to be on the high grade of heartless, darkness must have taken an interest in SOMETHING here for such numbers to emerge. Despite this, strider landed in a pile safely away from the fight, the heartless had no interest in a empty vessel. 

Laxc stepped out of the portal, only to see the ground suddenly get father, then a lot closer. Strider uttered a curse as he saw Laxc's head landed on the ground with a thump. Chairbro seemed off the deep end, he didn't even notice accidently cleaving his puppet's head.

Oh well, no reason for a puppet to need a head if you think about it, Laxc scrambled to get his head, grasping his skull with his right hand.

Hmmm, according to the crazy rant Chairbro spewed before going slash happy he seemed to not like seeing these heartless. Maybe removing the sight would help....

Recalling one of Cal's many black magic spells, learnt in his mad pursuit of life, Strider attempted to cast a blind spell, unfortunatly it seemed that he couldn't cast it through laxc and the spell fizzled out before it reached Omcraxs. He'd need Laxc to get him close. As this plan was formulated Laxc dashed towards his owner and lifted him on his shoulders. Now all they had to do was confront a madman with more experince then him in combat.

Yay.

~~~~

As Laxc left the castle Justice entered it, surveying the room. He had to say it was emptier then he expected. "Greetings, I was told someone wanted to see me?"

Xetatyl, Lexyk, and Doxfer appeared on the other side of the Corridor, watching as Omcraxs viciously tore through the Wyverns.

"He must really hate those… things," Xetatyl observed.

"What, the Heartless?" Doxfer asked. "Yeah, that Omcraxs is some kind of freak. Glad I haven't talked with him much, because I'd hate to get on his bad side."

"I noticed."

"Enough," said Lexyk. "It is obvious that he needs reinforcements." Dozens of Paladins appeared, surrounding Xetatyl. It became difficult for the greater Nobody to tell them all apart, as each of them all had the form of silver centaurs. She recognized Lexyk and Doxfer, if only because they were still next to her, but she knew that wouldn't last much longer. Xetatyl recalled how she was told that she had control over her own kind of Nobodies in the same way Kreix led these Paladins, and she tried to see what she could summon.

Three Nobodies appeared, all with the form of middle-aged women. They wore tribal masks, with gold and emerald paint decorating them with the image of a face. Their legs were bent, like animals, and ended in sharp talons, and their clawed arms were covered in vibrant pink and purple feathers. The name "Pandora" echoed in Xetatyl's mind. "So, I take it you three are to be my servants? Very well."

The Pandoras took two the air, slicing through the Wyverns. As the Paladins marched onward to aid Omcraxs, Xetatyl took her own path as a wave of energy spun around her rapier, Fate's Judgment. The energy collected itself in the ruby sphere that acted as the hilt, and the blade began to vibrate until a piercing screech could be heard. Xetatyl winced at the sound, but shrugged it off as she swung the blade, cutting through a Wyvern that dared to approach her.

[hr]
"Xyu," Kreix said. "You've been rather silent. Shall I send you with the others, or do you wish to join Nerhyx?" At that moment, a new Nobody entered, with Xelo joining him.

Xelo looked around, astounded at how many people were left. "Is the meeting over?

"Omcraxs took some of our recruits to investigate a mysterious world, Haxz is off doing who-knows-what, and Lexamus is probably still thinking of ideas that would serve his desperate attempts to reclaim this world. However, I am interested in your guest. Tell me, what do you call yourself?"

The Nobody sometimes called Omcraxs noticed a few specks of black appear and disappear from his field of vision, but it made no difference. The damn things just kept coming. Number III let out a loud cry and rolled towards the hilt of his sword, picking it up and stopping the sandstorm.

He charged at the nearest moving body. Slash, slash, stab. Munny and EXP flew into the air at massive quantities, raining upon Omcraxs; but he did not even notice or feel it. Hm, of course he wouldn't feel it, game abstractions.

But then he felt something. If he had been paying attention, he would have heard a splat  against his face. But being unable to sense anything beyond the grip of his sword and the black hearts swirling around him, suddenly there was nothing anymore. His vision black, his sword gone.

His thoughts returned to him. He could feel the cold ground of the marsh now against his back, and hear as the Heartless around him attacked the others. But he couldn't see... he pondered, still. Was he dying?

It figures... the things appeared, I couldn't stop myself. This is all that fucker Kreix's fault. He KNEW this would happen, he sent me here to DIE. I... never really got to see her again. I won't be able to kick Haxz ass, now will I?

Sheesh, so many things I'm going to miss out on. Goodbye, world whose name I have no idea of  "and don't give a crap about."

Wait, was that my own voice. Now that I think of it, the sounds around me aren't growing dimmer either. Omcraxs sat up, looked down and became very confused.

I can move too, so...

"What the FUCK?!"

Xetatyl struck down another Heartless, looking down at Omcraxs. "Hmm, you're pathetic. Why did your 'Superior' send you to lead us? At this rate, you're as good as dead." She studied the Wyverns, who were busy fighting the Paladins and her three Pandoras. They were so different from the simple Shadows that consumed her. When the Heartless attacked her back then, it was the first time she felt fear. Now, all she felt was a crushing desire to defeat them. Losing her heart gave her this power, so why should she give that up?

Meanwhile, the army of Paladins was effortlessly slaying waves of Heartless. In the midst of the battle, Lexyk and Doxfer were in their own secluded area, defending themselves against more Heartless.

"Hey, Lexyk," Doxfer said in a serious tone, which came as quite the surprise to Lexyk. "After this, I need your help with something."

"Oh?"

"After this is done, I'm heading to Halloween Town"

"Why? What brought this on?"

"Well, I got into fight and…"

"Did it not go over well? What about the Phantom?"

"He was helping Kreix fight that Xemyrom guy. He… Had to retreat…"

"That man was truly that strong?"

"That's not important."

"I would think it is, Doxfer! If anyone could defeat the Phantom-"

"I LOST MY OWN BATTLE TOO, ALRIGHT?!" Doxfer paused, confused by the surge of emotion that came over him. "Sorry…"

"So it's payback you want?"

"Yeah."

Lexyk turned both his hands into claws, grabbing a trio of Wizards and crushing them together. "Then payback you shall have."

[hr]
Back at Traverse Town, a great Heartless appeared in the Fourth District. It was Spiky Spider, and joining him were several Heartless breaking out of barrels. Spiky Spider and his Barrel Spiders began to storm through the district, much to the horror of the innocent shoppers. And it was only the beginning, for there was another Heartless that would soon make itself known to the unwitting inhabitants of Traverse Town.

Omcraxs sighed, turning his head to the sound of the annoying female. "Excuse me lady, but for one that guy our 'Superior' is a jerk who basically knew this would happen. He sent me here to get killed and you to watch.

SECONDLY, I'll have you know that in this Organization our main goal is not to fight  the Heartless. We are perfectly capable of dealing with worlds such as this one without even looking. Judging me  solely based on my, self-control against these fuckers doesn't mean jack shit. In fact as you might have seen, I am most likely capable of sending you off into the next century if you still feel I'm not good enough for my job.

So here's my advice: Shut the FUCK UP  and keep those Wyverns dropping. As soon as that's  done, we can move on with our actual  purpose."

A nerved rose to Haxz' forehead here. Right now there were a crap tonne of Wyverns, and more seem to be coming in as their kin die. So, now, NOW of all times that those two decided to have a moment of repressed sexual tension. Not on Haxz' watch they weren't. "Would you two kindly focus on the fact that we're just attracting more Heartless? And less on your obvious sexual tension. Cause right now is literally a life or death situation, and I'm not very fond of the idea of dying a second time."

After saying this, he leaned forward as the enormous orange ball swept passed him, pounding more Wyvern into solid oblivion. "Does it even matter if we kill them? Their Hearts will just find more darkness and be born again. Hell, most of these bastards we've probably killed once already."

The girl in the marsh heard the screams of her poor friends, and the hard noises of, she knew very well; punches and kicks. She'd had to endure some of that before, courtesy of her old man. But this sounded harder... as if meant to kill.

As she stuck out her ear to listen further, the Heartless around her mimicked her curiosity. However, their inherent capabilities made it much simpler for them to find the source of the sound. They all began to look distressed, much like Chloé, as the noises grew louder. All of them were running soon enough, as the woman began to realize that the screams were coming in sync with the smacks.

The singled out Wraith who'd been spying on them followed suit above, impassive.

[hr]

The Wyverns around Omcraxs and the other Nobodies started to appear distressed. They began to avoid contact with the Nobodies, running away in one direction in particular.

Striders hand glew with the remnants of the black magic he just tossed, him once again drapped on Laxc's shoulders. "Yo sorry about that man, but you cut a bit of my puppet's shoulders and I didn't want him to be harder to sew you know?" Strider surveyed the battlefield. "Hmm guys you know I am not entirely sure about you buuuut I don't think we need to bother with this fight anymore, I am pretty sure they are small enough in number that we can just..." Laxc waved his hand and the heartless all disappeared. "Yeah, heartless aren't tricky to manipulate when you have no risk of them turning on you."

Nerhyx was busy soaking in all of the good news and letting it marinate inside his hollow heart. Life...or afterlife as it were, was great. First the superior acknowledged him and complemented him on a wonderful idea. Second other nobodies were sent to a world that was pretty much completely encroached by the heartless. This meant that their chances of survival were slim. What a glorious day it would be if they were to all cease to exist. As the superior spoke to Nerhhyx once again he stood up upon his large throne and bowed.

"I only exist to serve you my liege. If you truly have  no other use for me then I shall truly be on my way. My your will be done and your reign be everlasting." A Corridor of Darkness opened up behind Nerhyx and he stepped back into it leaving the Superior to his ways. 

Nerhyx then appeared back in his room which was immaculate and clean thanks to the handy work of his gentlemen. He pulled up a monitor to check and see the progress of the worlds he infected with heartless. It looked like everything was in order. Slowly but surely the villains he had employed were doing what they were supposed to do and blanket their respective worlds in darkness.  Nerhyx stroked his chin and decided to view another event. By honing in on the world that the other Nobodies were sent too Nerhyx once again linked the battleships in space with his monitor. His eye twitched as it looked like he missed most of the action but the end result seemed to still be the same. The nobodies survived the encroachment. Nerhyx rolled his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "Well it seems that puppeteer knows a lot more than I would have thought when we first met. Maybe there is some kind of trick to its knowledge. But since there was nothing else to do at the moment Nerhyx decided to attempt multi-tasking by watching the events unfold on monitor and learning a little more about his reflective powers.

Xetatyl let down her sword as the Heartless vanished. "You said there was someone controlling them, right? Those things aren't afraid of us, they have to be running away towards whoever their boss must be." Xetatyl laid down her sword and chased after them, but not before kicking Haxz in the back of the knee for being a smartass. The Pandoras followed after Xetatyl, ready to aid their new master wherever she led. "So what if they'll listen to us? Someone must have sent them after us, and that someone is going to know what it's like to mess with me. If the Heartless just keep coming back, then I just have more targets to take everything out on."

"Let's go," Doxfer whispered to Lexyk.

"Not yet," Lexyk replied. "Our business here is not yet finished."

[hr]
Barrel Spiders pounced upon the citizens of the Town, leaving a growing number of Soldiers in their place. Mr. Spiky Spider dug its claws into the walls, causing rubble to crash down. The large Heartless led its ever-growing army to the First District. Mr. Spiky Spider sensed that the Keyblade was on this world, and it hungered to feast on the heart of its owner.

The few surviving Wyverns didn't fly very far before they caught sight of the Nobody girl, and she of them. As she saw them she came to notice that there were no screams or the sound of those black portals anymore. A huge weight was lifter off her chest, and the Heartless around her all reflected her easiness.

But soon she realized that whatever was causing harm to these creatures might still be there. She became uncontrollably curious, and still she was afraid. She remembered this sensation- It was the same as that time when she first found one of her friends. She wanted to find them, see if she could get along with them as well.

And so she walked in the direction the Wyverns had come from, the Heartless now excitedly following behind her.

The observing Wraith hurried onward to see for itself, getting its hopes up- if this was a Keyblade Wielder, he might even get a name.

[hr]

A sigh came from the blind Nobody. "Well, now that the Heartless have subdued, let me just do what I came here to do."

Omcraxs stood up, opened a Corridor, and stopped.

"To whomever cast the blind spell, thanks a bunch. I wouldn't have wanted to chop one of your heads off by accident. To you in particular Xetatyl, tell Kreix for me to find himself a new scapegoat. Haxz... just fuck you."

He was about to step out, when a bony hand touched his shoulder. He shuddered, as he recognized the feeling; it was a Wraith. Upon a moment of thought, this must have been the one he had sent on reconnaissance. He let the Corridor of Darkness fade and grabbed the thing by the arm. "Can someone here understand mimes? I would but I'm blind."

"Alright, so we found another bag! And with the one the rabbit already has...means we only got four left!" Trevor chuckled, putting his hands behind his head, chuckling a bit. "Knew this job was gonna be easy!"

Ryan nodded, as he checked his phone, seeing the text from Shuren: "It's not like that xD But the thanks anyways, I'll tell her. Good luck on your search too." He simply sighed and put his phone away, before he pointed at the door that said 4th District. "Trevor, that's going to be our next search location. Let's go." he said, heading towards the door...only to turn around and find Trevor sitting down at the restaurant ordering some food. "TREVOR!!"

"WHAT? I haven't eaten since yesterday and if we run into those Heartless again, we'll need to keep our strength up." Trevor said, as he watched Ryan sit down at the table sighing. He handed him a menu and smirked. "Don't worry, if Balthazar or the rabbit yell at us, I'll take the full blunt of it."

Well, at least he's honest. Ryan sighed, as he looked at the menu.

"Wait, Viola! Someone might-" Too late. The girl was already Spiderman crawling her way up the side of the clocktower faster than Shuren thought she could. Then again, Shuren wasn't expecting to see her dart up the side of a wall like that. Oh well, too late now. In retrospec he probably shouldn't have offered to give her another birthday present when he had absolutely no munny on him.

Sure enough as Shuren had expected, the people of Second District had taken notice of Viola, and Shuren could hear comments like 'What is that crazy chick doing?' and 'Kids today with their hip hop music and magnetic magic.' He even heard someone go as far as to say 'I knew no good would come from city folk and their flying machines.' What flying machines had to do with anything, Shuren wasn't sure but whatever. Still, the fact that Viola didn't seem to care about being seen was kinda cool. It's not like anyone would freak out either, these people already knew all about magic and sorcery anyways. To them, this was just someone using it in a strange way to get a few kicks in an otherwise dull life.

Even though Viola had made it safely to the top, Shuren couldn't help but worry about her falling down. She seemed to be trying to say something to him, but he couldn't quite make it out over the noise of the people in Second District. He also began to question why she didn't just, well, use the door and staircase that lead up to the clock and was right in front of them. He didn't feel the need to ask her though, he could already see her taking a triumphant stance and saying 'Where's the fun in that?~' Shuren sighed once, smiling as he did, and then entered the clocktower and began to climb up the stairway.

About halfway up, Shuren looked out the one of the windows on the way up to the clock and saw, well he wasn't sure exactly, but it looked like there was some sort of commotion about a district away from them. What the heck's going on there? he wondered as he continued to climb the stairs. Deciding it best to warn the others, he pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Trevor.

"Something's happening a ways away from mine and Viola's position. Might be Heartless, so be careful."

Archived