[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/IC/Not Accepting]

Ren✧

Daniel was almost blown away by the epicness that is Entei. Of course he caught himself when he realized that his own legendary was right there. And look that means he was in the presence of two legendary pokemon at the same time. The epicness was about to cause him to explode. This was elation at its finest. [color=#008080]AAWWWEEEESSSOOOOMMMMEEEE to the extreme!!!!![/color] In one of those weird cartoonish montages he appeared all around Entei without actually touching him spouting compliments and asking questions. Basic origin story matters. It would just sound way more important and amusing coming from Daniel's mouth though. Zapdos was busy shaking his head because this was one of the downsides of picking a 15 yr old guardian who lacked some inhibitions. It means he also lacks restraint.

Zapdos wanted to converse with the fire beast but then the air got cold. Quite literally too. It came like a flash but it came hard, fierce, and with murderous intent. Daniel turned around to notice that there was another trainer present. He recognized him as the one with the Togekiss from earlier, but how did he emit such a chilling wind. Then Suicine revealed him self without any aid from his owner. Daniel's eyes widened again as it was now 3 legendary creatures he was in the presence of. An argument could be made that his life was now complete. Of course he is completely oblivious to the fact that Suicine is actually killing him with these harsh weather conditions but since he is currently standing next to Entei Daniel doesn't notice.

Zapdos on the other hand understands all to well about beef between sibling-esque pokemon. The last time he met Articuno and Moltres they were shooting each other over some islands. Sure it ended well but those other two birds will suffer. Daniel knows of this and doesn't really give it any mind seeing as such talks simply kill the mood of the party. Then again what's a good party with out a nice little brawl. Oh and with Legendaries involved this could truly epic. [color=#008080]HEY[/color] Daniel shouted trying to gather Suicine's trainers attention. [color=#008080]Are you two about to battle? OMG Zapdos do you wanna join it's kinda like fighting your other two birds..right? OOOOH we ceed fight music![/color] Daniel dove right back to his music playing device to see if there was a song adequate enough for this occasion.

After searching for a couple of seconds he couldn't think of one off the top of his head...he may need help with a task this large. [color=#008080]Serena, other dude, do you have a fight song in mind? I'm trying to think of something epic. [/color]Zapdos just continued to not avert its gaze off the two Johto Legendaries he was going to keep Daniel safe. There was some mention of showing off legendaries, but that is Daniel's purpose, to show off. So he simply chuckled while he kept looking through his copious amounts of music.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luxio bite landed, even after taking a hit from Octillery's Gunk Shot. "That's a strong Luxio." Knox complemented. Before Knox could tell Octilery to attack Lynn told Luxio to use spark. "Another close range attack!?" Knox said with a smile. "I told you, Octilley won't make it easy. Now Octillery use Octazooka." Octillery inhaled ready to fire, but before it did electric shocks ran through its body keeping it from firing its attack. "What?!" Knox said as he held his head. "Paralyzed. Why now of all times!?" Luxio then tackled Octillery with its electric covered body. Octillery got sent flying back diagonally, once in the air the the paralyzation went away, for now. "Use this chance Octillery! Lock-on, then Bullet Seed" Octillery, still in the air, focused on only Luxio, getting the perfect shot for its bullet seed.

[center][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/70b13k.png[/img][/center]
[center][Serena Finch][/center]
Serena watched the people around her suddenly start to complain about the cold, they shivered and shrieked. A wind sprung up, tossing Serena's hair all around. Standing next to Entei, she didn't realize how cold it had gotten, but when she saw a large, wolf-like Pokemon she understood. Serena wasn't one for much studying. But this Pokemon, she had heard of before. This was Suicune. Entei's brother. Entei turned his attention from Zapdos to Suicune. A wave of feelings crashed around inside him, having an emotional link Serena felt them too. [color=#ff0000]"That's who I think it is, right?" [/color]Entei didn't even need to answer, his thoughts were clear enough.

[color=#ff0000]"A battle? That would be so totally awe..." [/color][color=#ffa500][i]"Horrific." [/i][/color]Entei interrupted. He sent images to Serena of the Legendary birds causing massive damage in their fight a few decades ago. This wasn't a battle between Pokemon. This was a battle between the forces of nature. [i][color="#ffa500"]​"I will not battle you here. There are too many people, and too much history. This castle does not deserve to be destroyed due to our squabbling." [/color][/i]Entei directed this message to Suicune. Feelings of relief, shame, worry, and anger all spiraled through Entei. The fact that so many legendaries were here, meant that the time for their guardian was soon approaching.

[center][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vuhoye.png[/img][/center]
[center][Tabitha Thomas][/center]
Tabitha and Kallen had just walked into the courtyard when they were hit with a massive blast of heat. [color=#daa520][i]"Don't tell me that they're here." [/i][/color]Terrakion said to Tabitha. [color=#8b4513]"Who?" [/color]But before he could answer, they were then hit with a gust of freezing wind that lowered the temperature by at least 50 degrees. Cursing mildly under her breath, Tabitha let out a shriek of surprise. [color=#daa520][i]"Two of them?" [/i][/color]Terrakion asked in disbelief and exasperation.

Daniel was still looking for songs to play for the awesome battle that was about to ensue. But that was cut short as his legendary Zapdos had hoisted him back up on his Pidgeot and prepared to take off. [i][color=#daa520]There is no fight here Daniel[/color]. [/i]Zapdos spoke inside his guardians mind. [color=#daa520][i]It seems that Entei is the one with the cooler head.[/i][/color] [color=#008080]HAHAHAHA you made a funny[/color]! Daniel blurted out loud even though the conversation was supposed to be a private mental one. [color=#008080]But we can't leave yet. We still have to see if Serena wants a ride back to the castle.[/color] [color=#008080]Oh that reminds me I haven't even been to my room yet. OOOHHH I wonder if they got some speakers in there. I mean its not like I need them but still it would be a nice take away.[/color]

Zapdos and the other pokemon were just shaking his head at how completely oblivious Daniel appeared to be at this gathering of legendaries. Well might as well recall everyone then if the party is postponed. He put Zapdos along with Ampharos and Pichu back in their respective pokeballs and he waited next to Pidgeot who was conveniently next to Entei so it would die from the intense coldness. [color=#008080]Hey other dude, do you want a lift too. I think Pidgeot can carry the three of us.[/color] Daniel is too happy to notice his own bird pokemon glaring at him. Sure it "could" carry three people but it was not made for that purpose. Daniel still just waited for the repy of the other two trainers.

Suicune growled a little before lifting his head indignantly and turning to the side, appearing to admire the castle. He thought for a moment, a quick stream of thoughts that Clement struggled to keep up with or understand, the artic wind dying down a little as he calmed down and thought over the scenario. A quick sigh indicated he had finished he internal argument, and he turned his head back to Entei, locking eyes with the beast and opening his mouth with a quick snarl.

[color=#0000ff][i]"So full of pride, aren't you." [/i][/color]He sighed, looking down at the ground for moment before raising his head again. [color=#0000cd][i]"Yes, now is not the battleground to settle our differences. For now, with the threats that are coming, I suppose a truce should be made."[/i][/color] He procamed, agreeing with Entei. He held his head high and turned to Clement, who stood with a pokéball in his hands.

[i]You made quite the display.[/i] Clement telepathically said to him. Suicune said nothing, merely returning into the red flash from the pokéball. The Artic Wind came to a halt then, and the temperature raised back to what it had been, kept warm by the presence of the Volcano pokémon. Clement sighed to himself and wondered about their rivalry. [i]Well, they're definitely not as connected as them Swords of Justice.[/i] He thought to himself, turning to the boy who had summoned Zapdos, offering him a lift.

"No thanks, I'll use my own pokémon. It looks as if you Pidgeot wouldn't take kindly to three people on its back." Clement said, smiling warmly up at them, before removing a pokéball seen not long ago in his own battles, the one containing Togekiss. In a flash, the bird-like pokémon was perched on the ground, awaiting Clement to climb on, at which they joined Pidgeot in the air; waking up the Quilava around Clement's neck, who had been sleeping since the King had come out a while ago. At the sudden lift off, the pokémon shot a quick stream of fire from its mouth to communicate its distaste at the sudden awakening, but overall made little complaints, especially when Clement lifted a fist full of spicy poffins and cheri berries to Quilava's mouth, all downed in a couple of bites.

Clement took a deep breath and turned his attention towards the great fire pokémon, greeting him. "Great Entei, I presume you this is your Guardian, just as I am Suicune. But I have questions, that Suicune has yet to answer; I was wondering if you could." He started, making a slight bow of a head to the great pokémon, and a nod of acknowledgement towards Serena. None of the humans here seemed to have much clue about what was going to happen, so it was a good chance to ask a legendary about it. With all the legendaries that seemed to be gathering, there was obviously something going to happen; something big.

"So, as guardians of Legendary pokémon; what are we guarding you all from?" He asked, possibly a question that was in all of their minds; though it might just have been him. He presumed that the others might've been more focussed on the fact that they owned legendary pokémon.

Serena let out a relieved sigh, watching Suicune retreat into its Pokeball. She of course had full faith in Entei, but that Suicune did look pretty tough and a battle of legends was not something she wanted to see after the images Entei had sent to her of the battles between the birds of legend. She'd much prefer if things could be settled through words, a first for her. When the other trainer began to ask Entei questions, she nodded in agreement. Many times she had tried to talk to Entei about that. Often receiving cryptic answers. [color=#ffa500][i]"While your respect is appreciated, there is no need to be so formal. You are the guardian of my brother, and while we may argue I know he is a good judge of character, you must have a good heart. As for your question, a great evil looms nearer by the passing days. I can feel it start to awaken. It danger to not only the legendary Pokemon, but perhaps the entire world. It will be up to the guardians to stop it. I had hoped that perhaps this tournament would just be a false alarm, but things are falling into place. I have heard the prophecies and the time for your help will soon be coming." [/i][/color]With that last prophetic display, Entei too returned to his Pokeball, obviously putting the discussion to a close.Serena stood stunned for a moment. She had been expecting trouble when becoming Entei's guardian, but never a great evil. For the first time in her life she began to question her own ability. But she shook off those thoughts. She was Serena Finch. And not even a great evil could keep her down. Putting on her best smile and looking at the other two guardians, she began to speak. [color=#ff0000]"So, now that that's over. I wouldn't mind going for that ride you offered, Daniel. You up for a race?" [/color] She addressed that last question to Clement. Serena assumed that Daniel wouldn't mind if she entered him in a race, he seemed like a fun guy.

[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/334sn52.png[/img][/center]
[center][Rook Tacitus][/center]
Rook and Jari entered the courtyard only to be met with a blast of freezing cold air. [color=#a52a2a]"The hell?" [/color]Rook asked, puzzled. Looking around, he thought he found the source of the miniature blizzard. Standing in the courtyard was a majestic, blue wolf-like Pokemon. And it looked as if it were challenging...[color=#a52a2a]"Holy crap! Is that an Entei." [/color]That of course left the wolfish Pokemon to be Suicune. To legendaries in a stare down...and that was when he saw [color=#a52a2a]"This has got to be a dream. A Zapados too?" [/color]This was unbelievable. [color=#a52a2a]"Have you ever seen a Legendary Pokemon before?" [/color]Rook asked Jari, still staring at the hoard of legends. He was slightly disappointed to see them disappear into their trainers' Pokeballs, but one thing was for sure, Rook was not the only guardian, as he had suspected.

"Luxio, dodge the seeds!" Lynn called. Luxio did as she was commanded, expertly evading each projectile and landing squarely on her feet, without a scratch. Something was wrong, however. Luxio started cringing in pain. "What? But the seeds missed! Augh, it must be the poison from Gunk Shot. Are you alright?" Luxio shrugged off the pain and cheered its name again. "Now Luxio, let's make this quick and try to finish off with another Thunder Fang!" Luxio ran towards Octillery, its mouth sparking just as it had done previously.

Jari only glared at the site that they encountered: Entei, Suicune, and Zapados all in the same place. Two of the Legendary Beasts, and a Legendary Bird. This tournament was no longer just a tournament. Even if this tournament was full of strong, and stronger, trainers, how and why does a Legendary Pokemon play a significant part, let alone a group of them. "[color=#9999ff]Those idiots. I hope they're not seen by anyone else...[/color]" he muttered underneath a breath of annoyance.

Rook stood next to Jari and asked him if he ever seen a Legendary Pokemon. He stood still and started intently at the grounds where the Pokemon were released, and returned to their respective pokeballs. "[color=#9999ff]Yeah. On more than one occasion. Including the ones I saw from earlier, there was one I saw. After it's appearance, I traveled the world to find it. Only to meet it again. Never since did I see it...[/color]"

Absol looked up and gave a small "[color=#000000]Sol... (Hey now...)[/color]" to Jari; clearly Absol knew exactly what Jari was talking about, but he didn't want Jari to blurt anything out. Jari looked down, and gave Absol a scratch on the head. "[color=#4b0082][i]Don't worry, we won't tell. It'll be between us two...[/i][/color]"

"Your Luxio is amazing" Knox said. "Being able to dodge Octillery's Bullet Seed after it used Lock-on." With that Octillery landed on the ground, and already Luxio was going in for a Thunder Fang. "Wait till it's close then use Gunk Shot." Octillery waited and when Luxio was only about 2 seconds away Octillery inhaled, but paralysis got the best of it. It wasn't able to move and Luxio bit Octillery's head. With that Octillery was unable to continue. Knox ran to Octillery holding it. "You did well, but that Luxio is amazing. We underestimated it." Knox then returned Octillery to its ball and whispered to it, "Just hold on a little, let me beat Dan and then we'll take a trip to the pokemon center." Knox then looked at Lynn. "I guess I have a something to look forward to. Hopefully we battle for real in the tournament."

"What do you mean by that?" Dan said. "You don't even know if you're going to beat me.”

“Oh but I do.” Knox said turning to Dan. “Now let get this over with.”

***Minutes Later***

“That Electivire is pretty strong.” Knox said. “Being able to knock out both my Walrein and Dewgong. Considering that Dewgong knocked out two of your pokemon.” Knox grabbed a pokeball. “But that’s as far as you’ll get.” Knox then threw the pokeball into the air. From it a Swampert came out. “Now Swampert use Stone Edge.” Two rings of sharp rocks surrounded Swampert and then fired at Electivire, hitting is straight one, but it didn’t budge.

“Sorry, but my Electivire isn’t going to be phased by that. Now use Brick Break.” Electivire dashed toward Swampert delivering a mighty punch, but Swampert managed to move out of the way. “Swampert, Hammer arm.” Swampert’s arm began to glow and then hit Electivire’s head with the bend of its arm. Electivire was sent back, doing a flip in the air and landing on its face. “Now finish this Earthquake” Swampert then hit the ground with both its fist causing it to shake. The ground beneath Electivire, who was still recovering from landing on its face, began to shake and crack until a piece of the ground broke and shot up hitting Electivire.

“No.” Dan screamed holding his head. “I guess you really might have a chance to face that girl.” He said following it with a sigh. He then returned Electivire to its pokeball, and patted Knox on the shoulder. “Still, you did a good job. I’m proud of you.”

[color=#A52A2A]"Must be a thing with Legendaries. I met one once, we had a little chat and then poof! Never saw him again...but something tells me he is watching."[/color] Rook quickly shut his mouth, fearing he had said too much. As mad as he was at Dialga for throwing him into this situation, he didn't want to give up his secret. Of course of any of the Legendaries he probably had the greatest safety. There weren't many people that could travel back in time. Dialga would be safe in the past. At least that's what Rook told himself. He looked over at Jari. The way he stood next to his Absol, you could tell that they were close. A small twinge of regret sparked within him. Rook and his Pokemon trusted and relied on each other, but they didn't have what Absol and Jari had. The closest Rook had to that was his friendship with his Suddowoodo, but even their friendship could compare to Absol and Jari's bond. Perhaps it was time for that to change. Gently tossing one of his Pokeballs out, Rook summoned his Suddowoodo. [color=#008000]"WOODO!" [/color]The Pokemon cheered as it was released from its Pokeball. [color=#a52a2a]"Suddowoodo, this is Jari and his Absol. Jari this Suddowoodo. He's my longest companion." [/color]

[center][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vuhoye.png[/img][/center]
[center][Tabitha Thomas][/center]
Tabitha was puzzled by Terrakion's sudden outbursts. It was very strange for him to be hostile towards anything, but the sense of contempt she was feeling from him was hard to misread. There was definitely something, or rather somethings, here that Terrakion definitely didn't like. [color=#800080]"What do you think that was?" [/color]Kallen asked. Tabitha looked down at the young guy. He looked thoroughly intrigued by the happenings. Unfortunately, Tabitha didn't have any idea what the cause of the recent events were. She spotted two guys in front of her and Kallen. They appeared to be trainers, judging by the two Pokemon next to them. [color=#8b4513]"We could as them." [/color]Tabitha said. Grabbing Kallen's wrist, she started to lead him towards the two guys. [color=#8b4513]"Hey. Do either of you two know what happened?"[/color]

Luxio came back to it's owner, who thanked Knox for the compliments. "Yes, thank you, I-" but as soon as the battle was over Knox had moved on to fight his opponent, which reminded her. "Wait! What about my-"

"Are you Lynn?"

Lynn turned to whoever said that. It was another kid, just a little older than her. He was dressed in mostly black and brown. "Yea, that's me," she responded, "Who are you?"

"I'm Jack." Lynn stared blankly at him. "...your opponent?"

"OH! I'm sorry! I got caught up in this practice fight and it just finished and-"

"Don't sweat it. Let's just get a move on. Our arena is this way." Jack began leading the way. Lynn rubbed the back of her head.

"Yea, sure, let's get going..." She said weakly. She turned to Luxio, asking it softly if it was alright from the practice battle. It was a little hurt, particularly from the poison, so Lynn gave it an antidote she had in her bag, and let it rest for the battles to come...

((In my next post I'll write up the end of my battle with Jack.))

When Rook brought out his Pokemon, a Suddowoodo, which would probably be his friend. "[color=#9999ff]Your long time friend I take it?[/color]" Jari asked out of curiosity, while his Absol was looking around, when he saw a pair of trainers walk towards here. when Jari looked down to see what his friend was wondering, he looked over to the two trainers, a kid whom he never seen before, and a girl who he saw battle with a Legendary against another trainer who, also had a Legendary. However, Jari thought it wouldn't be the best of times to mention that he saw the two Legendary Pokemon at the time. However, he can answer her question about the ones he just saw.

"[color=#000000]Sol! Absol! (Hey! I remember seeing them!)[/color]"

"[color=#9999ff]I know. Just give me a sec.[/color]" Jari patted. He turned his attention to the girl and answered, "[color=#9999ff]Well... we do, [i]but[/i]...[/color]" Jari paused and looked at Rook. He didn't really feel comfortable blurting information on Legendary Pokemon being here. It'd be far too dangerous and would cause mass panic. "[color=#9999ff]... Just give us a sec. We'll get to you.[/color]" he requested while turning Rook around, and Jari turned with him, and whispered quietly.

"[color=#9999ff]Think we should tell them about what we saw?[/color]"

Daniel's eyes took to that cartoonish flair once someone mentioned a race. Sure it wasn't a dance battle but it seemed fun nonetheless. [color=#008080]YEEEEEEESSSSSS let's do this! I'll find a song.[/color] He turned around to meet his own Pidgeot's twitching eye glare that was surely a sign that it didn't want to go through the trouble. There was only one logical way to solve this. Stare down. Daniels fury versus Pidgeot's disdain. It was comically intense and lasted for a full minute before the pokemon gave in to his master. Daniel turned around and did an energetic uppercut in the air shouting in elation as he won his second battle of the day. It wasn't even night time yet!

[color=#008080]LET'S DO THIS!!!!![/color] He said out loud. The bird pokemon looked at the Quilava and realized that the women clearly didn't weigh that much and it should be able to fly in a straight line at a faster pace than that creature can run. This was typical of Daniel's pokemon. Outside of Pichu and Aipom Daniel's pokemon have to think more logically and more maturely than he does...clearly. Nevertheless the bird was ready. The only thing that was left to determine was if the opponent was ready to for a contest of speed.

Rook looked over to Jari. He too was hesitant to reveal any information about someone's Legendary Pokemon, more because of the fact that he would hate it if someone did that to him. [color=#a52a2a]"Let's dodge the question for now. If we find out they are trustworthy we can tell them." [/color]Rook turned back to the two other trainers, a girl and a boy. The boy's eyes were red as if he had been crying. An Azumarill stood in front of the boy, glaring at Rook and Jari. The sight made Rook want to both laugh and take a step back. The fierceness in the small Pokemon's eyes were some unfitting for its gentle character. [color=#a52a2a]"Sorry, never got a good look at what happened." [/color]Rook said, shrugging. [color=#006400]"Woodo." [/color]Suddowoodo nodded his head in agreement. [color="#a52a2a"]"What's your names?" [/color]

Serena watched the small confrontation between Daniel and his Pidgeot. She smiled as she watched Pidgeot give in. [color=#ff0000]"So what do you say Clement?"[/color]

[color=#9999ff]"Haha, the Pokemon's getting to you, isn't it?[/color]" Jari chuckled when he saw the Azumarill glare at Rook with intensity. He looked at Rook when he asked for the other two's names.

"[color=#8b4513]Well, I'm Tabitha Thomas, and this boy here is...[/color]" Tabitha paused for a second, allowed Kallen to mention himself. "[color=#4b0082]I'm Kallen Colverson. Nice to meet you.[/color]" Kallen quietly mentioned while hiding a bit behind Tabitha.

Jari looked a bit at the two for a second, and gave a slight pause, and finally returned the gesture, and started with his name first. "[color=#9999ff]I'm Jari, Jari Ravensong. This is Rook, and his Suddowoodo, and right here is-[/color]" he was immediately cut-off by Absol's prideful call, with a projected, "[color=#000000]Ab-sol![/color]" Jari looked down at Absol, and back to the trainers, and simply gave a cool shrug, and remarked, "[color=#9999ff]There you have it.[/color]"

"Hah, a race?" Clement scoffed, patting his Togekiss lightly on the head as she took off and hovered beside the Pidgeot for a moment, winking at the bird and chuckling to herself to distract it from the competition they were having. Clement, meanwhile, smirked to himself and turned away from the other two, focussing more on the race that appeared to be going ahead between them. "You're on." He called over his shoulder. "But dont think you have any hope of winning. Extremespeed, Togekiss!"

His order was obeyed perfectly, for at that moment, the Togekiss vanished from beside the Pidgeot, way out in front. They flew for only a few moments before getting a clear lead on their competition, before coming to a complete halt, stopping in mid-air, with both the trainer and pokémon darting their heads from side to side.
"Uhh, well. We seem to have no idea where to go." Clement muttered, scratching the top of his head as he attempted to figure out where they were meant to be.

Daniel noted that the Togekiss was the opponent and not the Quilava. Without any word or starting signal their opponents had vanished from sight. BUUUUTTT I didn't even pick a song yet! Daniel got angry, in the fiery competitive since he's way to oblivious to the way the world works and other people to actually achieve proper anger. Serena was already on Daniel's mighty bird pokemon when it took off and flew in a beeline directly behind their opponents sure that head start helped but never take to air against the lord of the skies. The bird pokemon was steadily accelerating further and further it was almost approaching the speed of Mach 1. Then it could see that Togekiss in the distance well it was becoming less and less of a distance as it appears that the egg shaped pokemon and its trainer came to a stop. No matter Daniel and Pidgeot were in a competitive mood they would definitely take advantage of this generosity.

Through the Doppler effect Clement would here music coming from behind him and almost in that moment Pidgeot was below him and Daniel and Serena riding the bird. Daniel met Clement's gaze and his eyes locked. Normally this would be a serious moment between trainers, but Daniel only stopped to mouth. "I found the song I wanted." The target was simple or that is what Daniel thought anyway. He was aiming for the center of the castle where the rooms were seeing as he forgot to actually go to his earlier. Since this was a team battle Daniel figured why not use his teammate. SERENA ENGAGE THRUSTERS. Pidgeot still focused on the race showed a slight case of concern trying to figure out what that could possibly mean. Same with Serena, but it made sense after a second. Serena just pulled out a pokeball and called forth Blaziken on top of the bird. With a third body on top of it Pidgeot had to reduce its speed but luckily that sacrifice in speed would be brought back with the fire fighter.

The Blaziken sunk his claws into the bird and fired a mighty blast burn that acted as a makeshift engine and propelled the team of two further at towards their goal. Like a fiery missile the team of two crash landed in the middle of the area where the participants were announced. When the smoke cleared he was the one who decided the victor. He was standing up victorious as he held up the victory sign with two fingers.

Ditto hurriedly dashed off to the casino, to notify Creed of the battle and the identity of his opponent. It made it to the casino, where Creed was exiting with stacks of bills. As he flipped it in his hand, he noticed his clone running towards him. As Ditto couldn't speak, he simply transformed into images which explained the situation. Creed had no trouble understanding his partner's message. He understood that his opponent was a kid.

"I really don't feel like battling some little kid. Where is he?" Ditto transformed into a miniature arena, replicating the nearest one. "Well, let's make our way over there." After walking for a few minutes, the kid saw them, and ran up to them!

"Hey, mister, I'm Tye! Are you ready to battle?"

"Hey, look, kid, $5000 says that you forfeit. Deal?"

"$5000?!" Tye was taken aback. "Wow, that's more than I get from allowance in a year!" Creed waved the stack of bills he had gotten from the casino in front of the kid. "Well, it's not really in the spirit of the tournament, though..."

"Look, kid, do you want the money or not?"

Tye stood there thinking hard about the situation. One one hand, there's $5000. On the other hand, he could possibly win the tournament. But he realized that he noticed that a lot of trainers had legendary Pokémon with them. How could his own Pokémon take on legends? He barely got past a Pikachu in the qualifiers in his hometown.

"I'll take it." He said. Creed gave the kid the stack of cash, and he ran off.

"Smart kid. Saved me time. Ditto, let's check out the pools. I wonder who we can find there..."

Archived