[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/IC/Not Accepting]

Ren✧

[center][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/294386-pkmntournament-of-legends-pg-13nsna/"]OOC[/url][/center]
[center][img]http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120313/n4f5f949133d44_large.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][b]GM Post: A Royal Welcoming[/b][/center]

King Aurelius sat in his massive throne room, his ever faithful companion, Absol, at his side. His finger tap methodically on the armrest of his marble throne. The constant tapping was accompanied by the sound of Absol licking his paws clean. The King sighed. He was growing impatient. He had waited twenty years as king to throw an event this big, he would not have it destroyed due to tardiness. As if the universe was bending to his will, the large white and gold doors that led into his throne room began to open with a mighty rumbling.

In spilled a beam of light, silhouetting a woman. The woman advanced towards the king, her high heels clacking on the marble floor. She reached the steps that led to the King's throne and she bowed slightly. Aurelius nodded, signaling that she could rise. "Everything is ready my lord, the games shall begin soon."

A small smile creased the King's lips as he stood. "Come Absol, we have a crowd to address!" Grabbing his large white cloak from the back of his throne, the king walked towards the large open. The woman bowed as a the king walked past, following him out of the throne room. Absol padded along silently. The large doors closed with a might crash.

[center]---[/center]

Rook stepped off the ferry. The trip across the lake hadn't been too long, but he had managed to get seasick 3 times in the thirty minutes he was on the boat. He made his way over to a trash can and threw up for the fourth time. Rising, wiping the last bit of vomit off his face, Rook stood up straight and followed the throng of people through a large stone arch. Taking the chance to look around, Rook saw that he had entered the main market area of the city. All around people were running, calling, and buying. It was a madhouse of people. It made Rook smile. Stepping away from the large group of trainers that were being herded to the castle's courtyard, Rook stepped over to a small stand that was selling fresh fruit. He handed the woman that was handling the stand a few coins and took an apple. Thanking her, Rook stepped back into the throng of trainers. Ready for this new adventure to being.

[spoiler=OOC]
Alright everyone, your long awaited adventure is about to begin. You are just arriving on Archanum Island, whether that is by ferry, Pokemon, or helicopter. Right now you are being herded into the castle courtyard, about to be addressed by the king, Make sure you get there, or the doors into the courtyard will be locked and you will be eliminated from the tournament.
[/spoiler]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[b]"We are now arriving on Archanum Island. Thank you for using 'Wailord Ferries'."[/b]

The captain's voice boomed from the intercoms. Most of the people were still trying to wake up from the sleep...but one passenger was awake, as he got himself ready for the arrival. Blake Aston fixed his fingerless gloves as he smirked, seeing the island from the porthole in his room.

[center][i][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvAgjquVnig]Pokemon Re:Orchestrated ~ Red's Journey[/url][/i][/center]

[i][color=#008080]So the time has arrived, Blake. Are you prepared for this great challenge?[/color][/i] a voice from behind Blake said, as he turned seeing Cobalion, speaking to him telepathically.

[color=#ff0000]"You wouldn't have chosen me if I wasn't, Cobalion." [/color]Blake said with a smirk, as he grabbed a Master Ball from his bed. [color=#ff0000]"For the time being, I'll put you back in here. But if you feel the other 'Swords of Justice' nearby, you know how to get a hold of me." [/color]With that, Cobalion was recalled into the Master Ball, putting it on his belt along with his other five Poke-balls. He grabbed his bag and looked into it, seeing it having four more Poke-balls in it. [color=#ff0000]"Time to win this tourney and find the other three 'Swords of Justice' to make the group 'The Blades of Four'."[/color] Blake said, walking off the ferry, looking around the island. Truly, this trainer's new journey started on this island.

Clement smiled to himself as he stared out at the churning waters of the great lake Archanum, watching young Azurill bounce up from the water's surface, only to dive back in, while the parent Marill merely watched on, wary of the passing boats and watching for any injuries to their Azurill. Quagsire and Wooper lazed about on the rippling surface, lightly floating out of the way as the small boat pierced the water ahead of them. The lake's waters were so clear, Clement could see down to the bottom of the depths, at least at this point. He watched the occasionally flashing light of Chinchou & Lanturn, as the battled Lumineon for their food. The occasional Krabby wandered past the fight, not daring to take part.

As they approached the Island of Archanum, the variety in pokémon increased, as trainers from across Torus let their pokémon loose into the waters. Mantine, Dewgong & Lapras made up a large majority of the pokémon, though there were the occasional Kingdra or Vaporeon scattered about. Even his own Lumineon was among the crowd, floating besides his private boat.

Yes, a private boat. He's wealthy enough for it. Having his own boat meant it was a lot more peaceful, even as they approached the bustling island and its city. There was very little movement, for there were only three people on board; himself, the captain, and the firstmate. They approached the island slowly, allowing time for pokémon & trainers to move out of the way. The motor of the boat slowly started to die down, and as they drifted into the docks, Quilava approached Michael from behind, followed soon after by the first mate.

"We'll be docking in a few minutes." He said, rather monotone. Clement merely shrugged and waved him away, exclaiming that he "could tell that already." This resulted in the firstmate being slightly insulted, though he knew not to make a snappy retort, and merely wandered off steaming to himself. Clement sighed at this, and returned Lumineon to her pokémon and placing his arm on the deck, up which Quilava ran, resting itself around Clement's neck. Clement himself then stood up straight and moved to disembark, jumping off the side of the boat and landing neatly onto the wooden docks, too impatient to wait for the gang plank.

Naturally, this got a few stares, but moreso once people realised who he was. Not that Clement cared that much, instead he merely blocked out all the mutterings and stares and made his way into the city, wandering around a couple of the stalls in the main market square. Naturally, it was rather busy, but he managed to get between each stall for long enough to glance at what each had to offer, buying a couple of charcoal-based candies for Quilava, and a large-ish apple for himself when he saw the oppurtunity.

After placing food into their stomachs, Clement and his Quilava wandered up to the large crowd of trainers that were gathering towards the castle. He sighed and proceeded to make his way through the crowd of trainers, barging his way past some. He got a few objections, but after recognising his face, most proceeded to ignore his actions; viewing themselves as better of being 'ignorant'. Of course, many of the trainers here were seasoned professionals, and a few were confident enough to oppose him, but he ignored these, blanking them out as he moved towards the front of the crowd, so as to see what all the fuss was about.

During the entirety of the trip, Jari and Absol were resting within the confines of the suite of the ship, Absol on the bed and Jari on the couch. While Absol was on the bed, he was looking outside the window, keeping account of how long till the ship would land. Jari on the other hand, slept through the course.

"Zzzzz..."

The ship finally made it's landing, with the intercom announcing so. Absol looked outside and saw the ship come to a stop, with bridge being set. He jumped off the bed, and walked over to Jari, and nudged him a bit. "[color=#696969]Absol! Ab! (Hey! Jari!)[/color]"

"Ughufurla.... What? Did we land?" Jari grumbled in a disoriented state. He struggled to get up, wobbled a bit, feeling light-headed, but regained composure in a few seconds.

"[color=#000000]Ab! Absol, ab-sol! (Yeah! C'mon, we gotta go!)[/color]"

Jari walked over to the bed where his Pokebelt rested, along with the rest of his team as well, and slipped it on his waist. He checked his wallet in his back pocket, to make sure that what he needed was there. He made his last minute checks, make sure he drank all the sodas and threw them away before leaving, making the cleaning jobs easier for the maids. He signaled his Absol to follow him, and they made their way down to the docks.

"[color=#000000]Absol... (Hey...)[/color]"

"Yeah?"

"[color=#000000]Sol. Absol. (Remember. Darkrai.)[/color]"

"I hear you. Can't imagine why he'd come to us. Still. It'll be worth it. I hope..."

When the two headed into the marketplace of the city, Jari's attention was caught by one shop in particular. A simple coat shop with a salesman standing by talking to another customer. They were rambling about some local news it appeared, and they laughed a bit. When Jari approached, the salesman said his farewells, and turned his attention to Jari.

"[color=#0000ff]Hello, I have some fresh in-stock coats waiting for their buyers. What kind are you looking for?[/color]"

"Hmm.. Something long, with pockets no doubt. Inside or outside, even both, doesn't matter. Could also use a hood. Preferably black. Got one?"

"[color=#0000ff]Oh, yes I do in-fact, got this one shipped last night. I'll be right back.[/color]"

Within a minute or two, the salesman came back with a long coat, according to what Jari asked for. Jari gave it a try, and asked how much it was. It was on sale for 1900. Jari gave a 2000 bill, and told the salesman to keep the change as a tip. The hood was unusually large, covering his eyes, the pockets were on the inside, but were large enough for bulks of items. It draped down to his knees, and flowed liked a wave in an ocean.

"[color=#000000]Absol! (Quit wasting time!)[/color]"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming..."

After a few minutes, both of them were still standing around, wondering what to do next. Jari and Absol stared blankly at each other, wondering what to do.

"[color=#000000]Sol.. Ab? (So... Now what?)[/color]"

"I don't know. You chastise me for buying a coat, saying we're gonna be late. But as far as I can see, I can see that the trainers that came here to the tournament are also standing around. Frankly, I can only see us wasting time if the other trainers are going and we're fussing around. Which doesn't happen to be the case."

"[color=#000000]Absol, sol. Ab. (Quiet you, you're lucky I don't bite your arm off. Let alone your head.)[/color]"

Ever after their little argument the two laughed it off, and gave each other a nudge. They calmed down a bit, and took a glance at the castle, and looked back at each other.

Lynn was already in the castle courtyard, having been one of the first to arrive in the morning, or perhaps what could be considered very late last night. The courtyard was packed with trainers, many weaving their ways through each other, and more often knocking into the girl, who was standing still. Luxio sat by her side, looking up at her worriedly, wondering what her master and best friend was thinking about, but she already knew. The Lake Pokemon. Their message, only given a few nights ago, still worried her deeply.

Okay, enough. She shoved her thoughts aside, and tried to get hyped for the coming tournament. She looked down, as if finally noticing the concerned Spark Pokemon existed. She smiled, and knelt down, petting the young lion's mane. "Isn't this exciting, Luxio! A legendary tournament! And in our backyard, too! It's as if we made full circle, huh?"

"Luxio!"

Lynn smiled, leaned over and kissed her best friend on the forehead. She then stood up, her usual effervescence coming over her again. "Let's try to get closer to the castle!" She said, running into the crowd, Luxio following.

In the sea surfing on a Blastoise surrounded by water pokemon everywhere was a young Daniel thoroughly enjoying himself and partying on. He had been on the ferry with the other trainers but the water just looked so awesome he HAD to go party hard in it. He called forth his Blastoise and shot off the side of the boat. From then on he surfed his massive pokemon and naturally danced on its shell. And what is dancing if its not going to be accompanied by music. So he sang.

[size=4][b][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif]Let’s go to the beach, each[/font][/color][/b][/size]
[size=4][b][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif]Let’s go get away[/font][/color][/b][/size]
[size=4][b][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif]They say, what they gonna say?[/font][/color][/b][/size]

By this point Zapados could sense the boys energy from inside its own pokeball and it was quite entertaining as usual. This was Daniel's ever relaxing way of partying, sometimes it would make Zapados forget that this boy is supposed to be a legendary guardian who is here to help rid the world of an evil threatening to destroy Legendary kind. Zapados realized that it would most likely have to face a bunch of other Legendary Pokemon at this contest. Thought that didn't really matter maybe they could all reach some sort of arrangement...Oh well time to party.

[b][size=4][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif]Have a drink, clink, found the Bud Light[/font][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 239, 248)]Bad boys like me, is hard to come by[/background][/font][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 239, 248)]The Patrón, own, let’s go get it on[/background][/font][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 239, 248)]The zone, own, yes I’m in the zone[/background][/font][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 239, 248)]Is it two, three, leave a good tip[/background]I[/font][/color][/size][/b]
[color=#008080][b][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]’ma blow all my money and don’t give two flips[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Daniel eventually landed on the shores of the island and he saw the many trainers who were about to make their way to the castle but this didn't effect him in the slightest because he was too busy dancing to the song in his head and out loud. He thought about hiking up to he castle with all the other people and making new friends along the way but he made out that someone was shoving his way through the crowd. Rather odd human being, but whatev's. Daniel decided on making his way to the castle in a more expedient fashion instead of walking with the others. The idea was that if he got there first there me be some kind of welcoming party and if there wasn't one he could try to throw one together last minute. It was the perfect plan now all he had to do was beat everyone else there. Daniel reached to grab Zapados pokeball but Zapados put a stop to that with the mental link.

[i][color=#daa520]No....No to all of that.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#008080]Oh come on! Why not? It goes great with the song.[/color]
[color=#daa520]One of us has to think logically here lets not draw THAT much attention.[/color][/i]
[color=#008080][i]Party pooper oh well let's get it started anyway.[/i] Come on out Pidgeot! [/color]Daniel instead grabbed Pidgeot's ball and another one and when he through them both Pichu and Pidgeot appeared. [color=#008080]That PP power is awesome[/color]. Zapdos was shaking his head. If it could facepalm it would. Daniel mounted the large bird and had Pichu a top his head. They flew off towards the castle with Pichu shooting off random thundershocks and still singing.

[color=#008080][size=4][b][font=arial, sans-serif]Starships were meant to fly[/font][/b][/size][/color]
[size=4][b][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif]Hands up and touch the sky[/font][/color][/b][/size]
[size=4][b][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 239, 248)]Can’t stop ‘cause we’re so high[/background][/font][/color][/b][/size]
[size=4][b][color=#008080][font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 239, 248)]Let’s do this one more time[/background][/font][/color][/b][/size]

"Alright let keep going." Knox told his Walrein. "Just thinking about this tournament is getting me exited, so exited that I might just..." Knox, who was holding on to Walrein, let go and let himself fall into the water. Walrein did need to slow down a little, but not by much. Knox began to swim the rest of the way to the island, seeing many water pokemon surfing their trainers to shore and many boat carrying trainers as well. There was a particular trainer that stood out, one that was surfing on a Blastoise. Still he decided to ignore him for now, he didn't really seem like much of a treat to Knox.

Once on the beach Knox realized that his decision to jump into the water wasn't the best one. All his stuff was wet, still he didn't mind. He then returned Walrein to his pokeball and sat down on the beach sand, only a few feet away from the water. "Well it seems that I'm going to have to wait." He said to himself, placing a Luxury Ball next to him. Off in the distance one could see a little figure playing in the water, with a closer look one could tell that it was a Phione. After about 8 minutes of waiting Phione finally came to shore. "Took you long enough, you've been playing in the ocean since we left."

"I'm a sea guardian." Phione said telepathically, sounding like a female child. " The water is my domian." Phione smiled.

"I guess." Knox responded picking up the luxury ball. He pointed it toward Phione and returned her(yes I am going to be calling Phione a her). Knox then began walking into the crowds of people, still dripping water. "I'm starving right now." He mumbled as he looked around for food. He finally found a fruit stand which had Mago Berries. "Perfect." Knox put about 5 in a bag and took out his wet money. The shopkeeper was reluctant at first, but caved after a while.

While walking to the castle courtyard he ate the berries, by the time he was at the courtyard he was on his 3rd berry. Knox decide to go all the way to the front so he could sit and still see what was going on.

Lynn was pushing her way through the crowd, cutting in front of many people, setting the record for fastest in the crowd. Her fun was cut short, however, when she reached the front, and tripped over something. It was some dude, just sitting there, being the perfect obstacle. She landed face first right in front of him, making Luxio cringe slightly at the sight. She hurt herself pretty badly, but sat up and turned to the man all the same. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?! I'm so sorry I didn't see you there, I was just rushing through the crowd..." All through her long winded apologies, she began brushing off the man, as if fixing him herself before he had the chance to. After a while of explaining herself, the pain caught up to her. She stopped mid-sentence, clutched at her face, and shouted "OOWWW"

[center][img]http://mmii.info/icons/DeoxysPrime/pokemon_TCG-fireEnergy.gif[/img][/center]
[center][Serena Finch][/center]

Serena started up the motor to her bike. The motor purred like a dangerous tiger, it made Serena's hair stand on end. She loved that sound, she loved the way her bike felt under her. It made her feel powerful, strong, and confident. As soon as the large ferry docked, she revved the engines and shot off. She weaved through startled passengers and angry crewmen. Before the unloading platform could even be completely lowered Serena gunned her engines and got some serious air time leaving the boat. "Heads up!" She called down, her bike quickly approaching some unsuspecting trainers from above. With a few startled screams, everyone cleared out of the way and Serena stuck the landing, definitely making the largest appearance thus far. "Hello everyone. Your champion has arrived!" Serena called to everyone around her. She got a few laughs, but mostly dark stares. She turned her attention to one gentlemen dressed only in a pair of swim trunks and what seemed to be a Sharpedo tooth necklace. Truth be told he was actually quite attractive, especially with his shirt off. Serena's face grew red with infatuation for a moment but she was quickly reminded as to why she had singled him out.

The young man was muttering to the girl beside him, undoubtedly saying something about Serena. Serena called him out, [color=#FF0000]"Hey, yo pretty boy. You got something to say? Why don't you say it to everybody." [/color]Serena turned her engine off and threw down her kick stand. Dismounting, she stomped her way over to the boy, sticking her finger in his face. [color=#008080]"Look, I don't want any trouble.[/color][color="#afeeee"]" [/color]He said, raising his arms to show he meant no harm, his face turning crimson as all the attention of the nearby people were suddenly turned to him. [color=#ff0000]"That's too bad. Because trouble is my middle name...well actually its Anne, but you get the point. I challenge you to a Pokemon battle, let's settle this here and now." [/color]

[color=#008080]"Look, chick. You're crazy. I'm not having a battle with you right now. The tournament hasn't even started." [/color]Serena sneered at him. After a moment's pause she slapped him across the face, causing the crowd to gasp, and then quickly got back on her motorcycle and sped off. [color=#ff0000]"I think that went nicely."[/color]

Riding through the turbulating winds on top of his Salamence, Silver was closing in on Archanum Island. There are a couple of reasons Silver chose Air-Salamence, that he named himself as his means of travel, for example he missed the ferry to Archanum and that if he went on his Feraligatr, he might not have known what was lurking in the lake as he had not properly explored or researched that part of Totus, thus he chose his primary source of transport, Salamence as he thought that it might be the safest and speedy option.

[i]"We'll soon be there Salamence, the elimination rounds of the tournament of legends." [/i]Silver said to his Salamence as a group of Finneon leapt from the waters, only to recede back into the waters a few seconds later. He then checked his Pokegear to see how far away he was from Archanum Island. [i]"Almost there, we'll start our descent very shortly."[/i]

Before starting to descend, Silver leaned forward to grasp onto Salamence's neck as he could run the risk of having an accident. He visualised how he was to make his entrance upon reaching land. Whilst descending, Celebi spoke to Silver through telepathy,

[b][color=#008000][i]"Please be careful, my protector."[/i][/color][/b]

Silver sensed this, and reassured Celebi, [i]"Don't worry, I've done this many times, I know what I am doing."[/i] Once he had reached the optimum altitude, Silver noticed land on the horizon, he then prepared to get up, ready to get off Salamence. A few moments later, Silver had reached a safe distance to jump off, and this was the entrance he had visualised. [i]"KIIYAHHH!!!"[/i] Silver jumped off and as he hit land, he performed a somersalt and got off, rubbing the dirt off, and recalling Salamence to his pokeball.

On the way to the castle courtyard that the invitation said he needed to go, Silver started to see other trainers also walking up to the Castle, but he didn't concern himself with them at this moment in time. Stopping for a brief moment, Silver got out Feraligatr's pokeball and he said. [i]"It's time my old friend, let's do this thing."[/i] He then looked to the skies before continuing walking towards to the courtyard.

[center][img]http://i46.tinypic.com/fuamv.png[/img][/center]
[center][Anguta Sikuag][/center]

Anguta watched the trainer from afar. He had seen him arrive, but had said nothing. He did not want to make a scene, but something told him to keep following. Maybe it was for petty reasons...but maybe it was something more. Either way he was going to keep following the trainer that had arrived by means of the air. More specifically on the back of a Salamence. Just thinking about the dragon type sent a shiver down Anguta's spine, something that was not easily done.

Anguta had arrived much earlier that day, before most of the trainers in fact. He was eager for this tournament to start, but not because he wanted fame and fortune, but because he had to save his people, no matter the cost. Having arrived earlier, Anguta had watched a many of people arrive at the island. Judging from the sun it was about time for opening ceremony to start and he doubted that many trainers were still come. It looked like most of the competition had arrived. Suddenly winning this tournament looked a lot harder than he had though.

Anguta followed the trainer into the castle courtyard, keeping more to the edges, near the walls and beneath the shadows.

Knox had barely finished eating his last Mago berry when he felt a thud on his back. It only cause him to lean forward a little. At the moment that he looked forward he saw a person land on their face. He took a closer look and realize that it was a girl, kind of young looking actually. Before he could say anything the girl shot up and began apologizing. All Knox could do was laugh a little, he found it quite amusing. The girl then clutched her face, finally experiencing the pain. "It's about time," Knox said still laughing. "Don't worry about it, to be honest I know it's my fault, sitting here randomly."

At that moment some other lady on a motorcycle sped through the crowd. Knox didn't move though, the motorcycle passed a few feet away from him and the girl. She caused a commotion, even hitting another trainer. Uncalled for, but I guess that is normal for a crazy woman.

After leaving Knox realized that the girl that bumped into him was a trainer participating in the tournament. He looked at here, hopefully she wasn't in that much pain anymore. "Names' Knox." He told her. "If you don't mind telling me, what's your name. I mean we're most likely going to see each other a lot. Considering we're both in the tournament. So knowing each other can't hurt."

"[color=#9999ff]Wha- crazy woman! Watch it![/color]" Jari shouted when the biker sped past him. He observed the scene with her and the boy, and her violent approach. She's a crazy one, almost running several people over, including Jari. He brushed off the dust off his coat that was from the girl's reckless driving.

"[color=#000000]Sol! (Or else!)[/color]" shouted Absol in agreement, leaning towards the direction the biker was heading.

"[color=#9999ff]Whoa, easy there buddy. We'll have our chance. I can assume she's a competitor.[/color]" Jari suggested calmly while holding a tight grip, keeping Absol back.

After several minutes, the two starting seeing more and more trainers walking to the courtyard, and one even came on a Salamence. Absol looked at Jari and nudged him that it was time to go to the courtyard.

"[color=#9999ff]Yeah yeah, I know. C'mon, let's get at it. I don't feel like wasting more time out here...[/color]"

"[color=#000000]Sol? Absol. (Oh, now you wanna go? I'll just put a rotten berry in your drink next chance I get.)[/color]"

The two started to walk towards the castle's courtyard when they noticed that there were a lot of trainers, more than expected. "[i][color=#4b0082]Alright, a lot of trainers here. Just what I needed. Ugh, I don't need all this, I just want to get over this so I can get Darkrai off my back. Haven't seen the little devil since we were at home. Give's me chills thinking that the might be watching... Wait, what if he's hearing my thoughts... Oh you gotta be kidding me if he can do that[/color]![/i]"

They started to enter the castle's courtyard, and saw that it was packed with trainers far and wide from the continent. He saw a few eccentrics, some serious, some children even... or they were just really short trainers. Maybe just youngsters who think their Rattata is in the top percent of Rattatas.

-----
Updated dialogue coding:
[color=#4b0082]Indigo for Jari's thoughts[/color]
[color=#9999ff]#9999ff for Jari's dialogue[/color]
[color=#000000]Black for Absol's dialogue[/color]

[center][i][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xB4TwQiEdU]Pokemon OST ~ Rt. 206[/url][/i][/center]

The walk towards the courtyard had paid off...mostly. There was still a while to go, but Blake didn't care, he had ways of getting over the obstacles like this. He reached for his belt, but then...

[b][i]SHOOOOOOM!!!![/i][/b]

Blake yelled a bit as he jumped to his left, barely surviving a head on collision with a chick on a motorcycle. [color=#ff0000]"HOLY CRAP!!! That chick almost ran me over!!" [/color]he said, slowly getting up, grumbling a bit. Oh how he wanted to get even with her because of this...thoughts ran through his head...so many options.

[color=#008080][i]Blake, it would be unwise get on a woman's bad side. As they say, hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. [/i][/color]Cobalion said through a telepathic link. Honestly Blake had no idea how this worked in a situation like this...but whatever. [color=#008080][i]Just trust me on this. Everyone within the Legendaries have gone through this.[/i][/color]

[color=#ff0000]"So have you, Cobalion?" [/color]Blake asked, with a slight chuckle. He didn't get an answer, however, but he knew somethings were better left unsaid. [color=#ff0000]"Now, time to get to our destination faster! Arcanine, bring the fire!" [/color]he said, tossing a Poke-ball in the air, as his Arcanine howled and stood beside Blake. He quickly got on Arcanine's back and scratched his ears. [color=#ff0000]"Alright buddy, time for Extreme Speed!"[/color] With another howl, Arcanine rushed in a blur of orange and black as he raced toward the courtyard with Blake on his back.

[center][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/334sn52.png[/IMG][/center]
[center][Rook Tacitus][/center]

[color=#a52a2a]"What the hell was that?" [/color]Rook asked out loud, looking after a woman that just raced by on a motorcycle. She had nearly flattened him, as it appeared she did many others. Rook checked his watch, noticing that the opening ceremony was about to begin. Knowing that missing that would probably get him disqualified, Rook decided it was about time he step it into high gear. He reached towards his belt, ready to grab a Pokeball and bring out his Aerodactyl for a speedy ride to the courtyard, but before he could do so a splitting pain tore through his head. Gasping loudly, Rook fell to his knees. That's when the images started. They were jumbled together and broken, but from what he could tell he saw an image of three Pokemon, Pokemon he had never seen before. They were fighting together, against, against...and then the images were gone.

[color=#a52a2a]"Just once, I wish I could understand what they mean!" [/color]Rook shouted, drawing even more stares after his little episode. Getting up, and dusting himself off, Rook better positioned his backpack on his shoulder. He grabbed his Pokeball and in a flash of light, he and Aerodactyl were speeding over the heads of the other trainers. Below him he could see the girl on the motorcycle, nearly killing several more people, and behind her was an orange blur. If Rook were to guess he would say that it was an Arcanine but without getting a closer look he couldn't say for certain.

[center][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vuhoye.png[/IMG][/center]
[center][Tabitha Thomas][/center]

[color=#8b4513]"Get out of my way, move it or lose it!" [/color]Tabitha was just about sick and tired of all these people. More than once she had gotten a few dark looks, but she didn't care. She was here to win, and she didn't mind pissing her opponents off. [color=#8b4513]"Hey Romeo and Juliet," [/color]Tabitha said, addressing a couple that was making out right in front of her, [color=#8b4513]"Do you mind? I'm walking here!" [/color]She brushed between the two, but was once again stopped by another wall of people. [color=#8b4513]"This is ridiculous! Alright, time to be more aggressive here." [/color]Tabitha thought about just knocking a few heads together, but decided that, that action may get her disqualified. So instead, she pulled out a Pokeball from the bracelet she wore around her wrist. [color=#8b4513]"Let's go, Terrakion!" [/color]In a flash of white light, a large bull-like Pokemon was summoned from his Pokeball. He let out a roar, that sound incredibly close to a 'moo', scaring all the other trainers around Tabitha. Tabitha could only laugh at their startled faces.

[i][color=#DAA520]"I was beginning to wonder when you would let me out of that little Pokeball." [/color][/i]Terrakion said, telepathically, with Tabitha. While he could speak the human tongue, he didn't like doing so in front of all these people. Why should the be privy to his thoughts. [color=#a52a2a]"Sorry Big T, mind giving me a ride to the palace gates?" [/color]Tabitha asked, punching Terrakion's shoulder with good humor. [color=#daa520]"Hop on." [/color]With a grunt, Tabitha mounted Terrakion and after a moment's pause the two were off, stampeding through the throng of people. Most of them yelling things at her, a majority very vulgar.

[spoiler=OOC, for Chaos Sonic]
Alright, so here you go. I was thinking that you are blasting to the courtyard, and when you arrive you see this girl returning this massive, bull-like Pokemon into her Pokeball. You grow suspicious and go talk to her about said Pokemon, trying to figure out if it is Terrakion.
[/spoiler]

[color=#ff0000]"WHOO! This is the only way to travel!!" [/color]Blake said, as Arcanine rushed through toward the courtyard. But finally, they had arrived! [color=#ff0000]"Alright!" [/color]He hopped off Arcanine and smiled, as he returned his Pokemon back into the Poke-ball, looking around at the courtyard, a pretty nice amount of people had turned up. [color=#ff0000]"Well this seems like a good turn out. What do you think?" [/color]he asked, waiting for Cobalion to send another telepathic link....but he didn't.

[color=#ff0000]"Coba-[/color][i][color=#008080]My brother is near, Blake....[/color][/i][color=#008080] [/color]Blake was cut off, until he finally heard Cobalion's voice. One of the three other Swords of Justice was nearby?! Blake quickly looked around, trying to find the right person. But there were so many of them....who was it exactly?

Just about then, he heard people griping and yelling at someone about a huge Pokemon. He turned and then saw a young woman quickly recalling a Pokemon, that's not what interested and made him suspicious. It was the silhouette of the Pokemon: it was bull looking. No way for it to be a Boffoulant or Taruos...he could only think of one thing. But he needed to be sure about it... [color=#ff0000][i]Time to turn on the Aston charm! [/i][/color]he thought, smiling.

[color=#008080][i]Please don't Blake... [/i][/color]Cobalion's voice sounded like he sighed.

Blake cautiously approached the young woman, standing beside her casually. [color=#ff0000]"Hi there I'm Blake Aston." [/color]he said, beginning to make conversation. [color=#ff0000]"That bull-looking Pokemon that you recalled, is that your strongest Pokemon on your team?"[/color]

[center][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vuhoye.png[/img]
[Tabitha Thomas]
[/center]
[left]As Tabitha and Terrakion entered the courtyard, Tabitha quickly dismounted. [color=#a52a2a]"I never get tired of that." [/color]Tabitha said, patting Terrakion's large forehead. Terrakion let out another 'moo'-like roar in agreement. [color=#a52a2a]"I'll bring you back out again soon enough." [/color]Tabitha returned Terrakion to his Pokeball, a sad look in his eyes at the thought of being all cramped up again. Just as soon as she reclipped the Pokeball into her large bracelet, Tabitha noticed the guy standing next to her.[/left]

[left][color=#A52A2A]"I'm Tabitha. Tabitha Thomas. And I wouldn't say he was the strongest, but I bet he could take just about any thing you got." [/color]Tabitha boasted, ignoring Terrakion's telepathic message of [color=#daa520]"What do you mean I'm not the strongest!" [/color][color=#a52a2a]"Blake was it? How about we have a Pokemon battle? Just a casual 1 on 1, get our juices flowing for the tournament!" [/color][/left]

[color=#ff0000]"Tabitha? A very nice name for you." [/color]Blake said with a smile, then hearing about the Pokemon not being the strongest out of the team. [color=#ff0000][i]I highly doubt that... [/i][/color]he thought as he walked away from the courtyard, motioning for her to follow. [color=#ff0000]"A battle sounds like a good way for me to get pumped up for this tourney."[/color]

[center][i]A few moments later, after finding a convenient empty space[/i][/center]

He took his stand on one end and then gave Tabitha a small smile. [color=#ff0000][i]I can understand why he would choose her, she's a gentle spirit and her battling style is probably rough and tough. [/i][/color]he thought, as he ran his hand through his Poke-balls, choosing the right Pokemon to use. He smirked and thought about it for a moment, as he finally grabbed a Poke-ball. [color=#ff0000]"Fiery Justice! C'mon out, Blaziken!!" [/color]Blake said, as he watched Blaziken appear, his wrists burning with fire.

[i][color=#008080]Hopefully this battle will bring out the truth...[/color][/i] Cobalion said telepathically, knowing this girl was special.

[color=#ff0000][i]Honestly hope your right, Cobalion. [/i][/color]Blake thought, awaiting Tabitha's Pokemon choice.

The girl rubbed her face vigorously, trying to massage the pain away, which worked for the most part. She was a little red, but she couldn't tell. She relaxed slightly, seeing that the man was okay after all. She was going to say something, but had a heart attack at the sudden arrival of that crazy motorcycle lady. She watched the scene unfold, and without noticing, she ended up sitting on the floor with the guy. She was going to watch the commotion of all the new and obnoxious trainers arriving, but Luxio started licking her face, and quickly brought her back before things got weird between her and this dude who was apparently called Knox. She smiled. "My name's Lynn, and this is Luxio." Luxio said it's name in a greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Knox!"

[center][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vuhoye.png[/img][/center]

Tabitha stared at her opponent's Pokemon. A Blaziken. While she was tempted to use Grumpig, something told her that, that wasn't what this trainer was looking for. [color=#a52a2a]"Go Terrakion!"[/color] The two Pokemon stared each other. [color=#a52a2a][i]"Terrakion has a type advantage against fire, but the fighting type attacks might pose a problem."[/i][/color] Tabitha thought to herself. She thought about thinking up a strategy, but quickly brushed away the idea. Power would undoubtedly win.

[color=#a52a2a]"Terrakion, use Sacred Sword!"[/color] Opening with Terrakion's signature move, the bull-like Pokemon charged forward, a large glowing sword elongating from his forehead. Rearing back his head, Terrakion brought the large sword down in a sweeping arc. [color=#daa520]"TERRA!"[/color]

[color=#008080][i]He's here![/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000]He's here![/color]

[center][i][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-Cg-LAJdg]Pokemon OST ~ Burning Battlefield[/url][/i][/center]

Blake smirked a bit and nodded as he allowed Tabitha and Terrakion to attack first. [color=#ff0000]"Blaziken, back up and then use Sky Uppercut!" [/color]he said, as he watched Blaziken quickly jump back, before rushing toward Terrakion's left side, punching him on the side, sending him straight up. At least he hoped that would work, after all Terrakion was a strong Pokemon.

[color=#ff0000]"You know Tabitha, I knew you were special...and I am happy I found you this soon." [/color]Blake said, grabbing a Master Ball. [color=#ff0000]"Mind if I bring out another Pokemon to watch?" [/color]he asked, but didn't wait for Tabitha's response, as he opened the Poke-ball and released Cobalion.

[color=#008080][i]Hello Miss Tabitha and to you as well, Terrakion. It's been a long time, brother. [/i][/color]Cobalion said, seeming to smile as he stood behind Blake, just watching the battle.

Y'know, it was a hard task pushing away these low-level trainers. They'd all huddle together, like weaker creatures do, and were forming packs. Huddles and groups, that just served to slow Clement down as he rushed towards the front...or, at least, attempted to. Too many people in too much of a closed space obviously created some small claustrophobic effect, for he was feeling particularly more douchey than usual. As so, he would just randomly shove people out of his way, creating a winding, narrow route through the turmoil of the street. [i]Why cant they just open them god-damn doors.[/i] Clement wondered, prepared to throw a chair at someone right about now. If he could grab a chair. And had enough room to lift it. And could aim with a chair - I mean, it's hardly a tennis ball, is it?

Well, luckily, the crowd seemed to split apart just as that particular picture crossed his mind....the one of the doors opening, not of the flung chair.
It was kind of lucky; a straight passage, right up the middle of the crowd. As if they knew who he was (Which he presumed a few did) and that he was some kind of royalty (Well, he was rich enough...almost). But Clement was not so Naive. The crowd were not staring at him - there were some glances, but the look in their eyes was one of worry, as if he was in danger - and they were all looking perplexed at something behind him. And he could hear the source of their intrigue approaching, the sound of the engine revving behind him.

But why should he move? He had just been given the oppurtunity to get to the front, quickly and easily, and would not pass that up. If they were riding the motorbike, they should have the reflexes to avoid him. And if they hit him, he'd just ruin their motorcycle and beat them to a pulp as well. He had faced stampeding Donphan; what harm could a motor bike do to him. But he didn't need to move anyway, for his first prediction had been correct. The motor cycle missed him, by less than a feet. Which was lucky...for the driver. Had they been any closer to him, Quilava would've released the charged fireball in his mouth, scorching them, their Bike and possibly the 10-20 people behind the bike.

Instead, Clement raised his hand to Quilava's head, calming the pokémon and causing the fire to retreat back into Quilava's mouth. Clement merely kept on walking, as if a Motorcycle had not nearly crashed into him in a fiery inferno, and strode calmly between the two seperated crowds of people. But again, it was not him that kept them seperated. It was another thing coming up behind him; something incredibly fast, from the pace at which Clement could hear its feet pounding against the cobble streets. If he had to take a guess, Clement would've said it would be a....

"Arcanine, using Extremespeed." He muttered, just as the orange blur passed by him, impossible to fully analyze with the naked eye. Not that he needed to; it was obviously an Extremespeed, and only one creature of that colouring used Extremespeed. Arcanine. And it seemed that it was the only other thing that kept the crowds attention and kept the two groups apart, for as soon as it bounded past Clement and rushed up the street, the crowds started to form back into one, meaning Clement would once again be forced to barge up to the front, still having about 50 metres worth of crowd to go.

Or, at least, that would've happened, had a wall of fire not just erupted in the middle of the street, forcing everyone to pause. It ran from almost the exact point where the crowd ended at the courtyard, right down to just beside Clement's left shoulder. Which just so happened to be where Quilava's head rested, one eye open while small remnants of the large flame that had just come from it snorted out of its nose.

"I'd like to get to the castle today, thanks." Clement said aloud, audible to most in the vicinity. To any that didn't hear, the action of setting the middle of the street alight probably sent the message across quite clearly. And so, Clement walked, fully aware of all the eyes on him, as the fire beside him died down, going from a 5 foot tall wall of flames to a foot tall stream of fire, to a trail of cinders.

He arrived in the courtyard in time to see a battle commencing, proven immediately interesting by the Introduction of not just one, but two legendary pokémon; both very similar to Suicune in stature and appearance.
[i][color=#0000ff]"But I am much their elder, and my role in the world is greater than theirs." [/color][/i]A voice echoed in Clement's mind, more aggressive and defensive than usual. [i][color=#0000ff]"I rule the North Wind, and the Artic Air. They are merely swordsmon."[/color][/i]

Clement chuckled to himself as he approached the battle, looking down at his pocket, where his pokéballs resided. [i]"So the legendary beasts find rivals in the Muskedeers, do they?" [/i]Clement replied, teasingly, as if trying to provoke his friend. He got an image in his mind of a great hound, shaking its head in defense and disapproval, before it faded away; an image projected by Suicune, though it served more to humour Clement than put pressure on him.

But Clement pursued the topic no further, and contented himself with merely standing by the sidelines of this battle, watching with interest. It was best, after all, to discover your opponent's tactics before the competition. Without revealing your own is also a good thing to adhere to, though these two certainly didn't think about that. Especially with revealing that they owned a Legendary pokémon; a poor move on their behalf.

[center][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vuhoye.png[/img][/center]

Terrakion's Sacred Sword hit nothing but dirt. Slightly disappointing, but Tabitha had expected something like this to happen, seeing as Blaziken was quite a quick Pokemon. Knowing that an attack would be coming Tabitha and Terrakion both readied themselves, eager to release their ultimate offensive defense, but something stopped Terrakion. He paused for just a moment. Tabitha opened her mouth to yell at him, but then she felt it to, the brushing of a mind against her own. It was similar to Terrakion's yet different, more defined, more noble. Of course as a result of this distraction, Terrakion was hit full in the face by a powerful Sky Uppercut. Being the sturdy Pokemon he was, Terrakion was merely pushed back a few feet, only his front feet leaving the ground, but still a feat one should be proud of. [color=#daa520]"Brother." [/color]Terrakion said out loud, even Tabitha was slightly surprised to here his voice. Only rarely did he ever speak with his mouth, it was usually on telepathic.

[color=#a52a2a]"Terrakion, who is that?" [/color]Tabitha asked. She could sense the change in her Pokemon and as such her own boisterous attitude was somewhat mellowed. The turn of events had completely wiped the idea of a battle from her mind. [color=#daa520]"That, my friend, is the leader of The Swords of Justice. And my long lost brother." [/color]It was then that Terrakion did something Tabitha had never seen him do. He knelt his head, bowing to his brother. The bow was not one that one would give to a king, but one that you would give to a friend, an elder, a leader. [color=#a52a2a]"I think that is enough battling for now." [/color]Tabitha said, also committing a first, calling a battle to a close before it had officially ended. [color=#a52a2a]"So, Blake. I'm guessing there's more you want from me than just this pretty face."[/color]

Blissfully blast music in his ears and thundershocks from his head Daniel missed most of the action that took place on the ground. He looked down and he could see that someone was riding a motorcycle, which was simply awesome and epic in its own right. He also noticed an odd trail of fire that could and was most likely caused by a pokemon. Nevertheless he decided to circle around the castle as he spotted some attacks which had to be caused by a Pokemon battle. After briefly flying over it Zapdos could tell that those were a couple of Legendaries. Knowing the type of person Daniel is Zapdos decided it was best to not inform the boy quite yet. Daniel would immediately call forth Zapdos and try to have a legend party.

Daniel did the next best thing he could do in this situation, he went to the courtyard of the castle and awaited for all of the other trainers. Sure there wasn't a massive party clearly visible but what would the opening games be if you didn't have some kind of kick-off party before hand. Daniel recalled his Pidgeot and decided to wonder around the castle. Maybe he could find a window or better yet a room with a speaker system so he could blast some music for the other trainers.

Watching the the battle between a rough looking girl and a tough-looking trainer, and their Pokemon: a Blaziken and a-

"[color=#9999ff]Wait, what the hell kind of Pokem- is that Terrakion?![/color]" Jari shouted to himself, getting a few looks, and even Absol was a bit startled.Next thing he sees, the one who brought out the Blaziken also brought out Cobalion, which again surprised Jari, but he kept this emotion to himself he read about these Pokemon in books, Swords of Justice these Pokemon were called. "[color=#4b0082][i]Bring out Legendary Pokemon means you have great power. But you're a damned fool if you bring it out in a public audience. Idiots![/i][/color]" He nudged Absol a bit. "[color=#9999FF]C'mon Absol, we're gonna go over there for a bit, y'know, get a better view of the Pokemon.[/color]" Jari suggested in an off-voiced tone.

[color=#000000]"... Sol... (... Okay...)[/color]" Absol agreed, but could tell that there was something wrong with Jari. He looked over to see what his long time friend was looking at, and glared with open eyes. The only other time Absol did this is the first time they met Darkrai. Jari doesn't know much about Absol's experience with Darkrai since that time, but the same is also applied to Jari. They try to not bring up the time with Darkrai, bad mojo for them.

Absol started out just a bit before Jari, which he followed as well. The two walked just a bit before stopping about 3 yards away from the match barrier, and just stood there, Absol looking at the Legendaries, and Jari at their respective trainers. The two didn't seem to be fairly happy, but smirked at the site. The trainers are not the problem, but their action for bringing out Legendary Pokemon is what upsets him.

Archived