[Leaderboard] VOTE NOW - - - - CARDS ARE IN Prime-Ace John VS. Zero

PrimeAceJohn

For this contest, you have to make 2 Beast, Beast-Warrior, and/or Winged Beast-Type Support cards.

[spoiler=Requirements]

• One card must be a Spell
  • The other one has to be a level 4 monster that CAN NOT in any way Special Summon. This is because people will be making simple cards with effects that you can remove 2 When a Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast-Type in the grave to ss it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]

1. I have the right to change/edit, add, or remove rules and requirements.
  2. Common sense.
  3. All YCM rules apply
  4. Follow Requirements
  5. First to 3 votes wins[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Due Date]

By this Friday[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prize]

100 points and 1 Rep from loser[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My cards]

2ni8q40.jpg

When this card attacks and destroys a face-down defense position monster your opponent controls: Inlfict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the level of the destroyed monster x200. When this card inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points due to this effect, you can discard 1 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast from your hand: this card gains 400 ATK. You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard: Gain 300 Life Points for each Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast besides this card with different names in your Graveyard.

2uo6gb7.jpg

You can only activate the effect of this card while you control atleast 1  face-up Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast. When you Normal Summon a Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast: Place 1 Beast Counter (max. 3) on this card. Once per turn, you can remove Beast Counter(s) from this card to activate the following effects:
* 1 or more: Normal Summon a level 5 or higher Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast in your hand using 1 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast Tribute.
* 2 or more: Target 1 level 4 or lower Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast in your Graveyard: Special Summon it in face-up attack or defense position. It cannot swith its position and cannot attack your opponent directly. The Targeted monster cannot be used as material for the summon of a monster from your Extra Deck Pile.

* 3: Special Summon 1 Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast from your hand; its effect is negated.

Hopefully you'll find the similarity between the pics[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zero's cards]

http://yugico.com/customcard/179269.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Mythic Swamp Hunter" from your Deck to your hand.  If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: It gains ATK equal to its DEF.  You can only control 1 "Mythic Swamp Hunter".

http://yugico.com/customcard/179275.jpg

If you control no face-up monsters: You can target 1 Beast or Beast-Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position. It is destroyed during the End Phase. You cannot Summon another monster(s) during the turn this effect is activated. You can banish this card and 1 Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard: Add 1 "Beasttamer's Beckoning" from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

179269.jpg

[quote]When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Mythic Swamp Hunter" from your Deck to your hand.  If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: It gains ATK equal to its DEF.  You can only control 1 "Mythic Swamp Hunter".[/quote]

179275.jpg

[quote]If you control no face-up monsters: You can target 1 Beast or Beast-Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position. It is destroyed during the End Phase. You cannot Summon another monster(s) during the turn this effect is activated. You can banish this card and 1 Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard: Add 1 "Beasttamer's Beckoning" from your Deck to your hand.[/quote]

John, your cards aren't bad but essentially useless. Zero, your monster looks a little oped but it's not too bad. The spell is balance and really interesting. Vote goes to Zero. I'm on my phone so I can't give a full review.

Im sorry - but useless? Are you kidding me?!

Lion Warrior increases his ATK easily and has a Life Point gaining ability AND can inflict damage through effect - what's so useless about that?!

And for Beastly Summoning you can bring out easier monsters (such as http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_-_Abrolhos_the_Megaquake and http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Simorgh), it can ss from your grave to help actuvate the first effect, and can summon almost any beast, beast warrior, and winged beast (a good way to bring out Fire Fist) - and all that just by Normal Summoning. How the hell are they useless?!

But what ever. 1-0 

Ok, wow that over reaction. The monster's ATK is too low to kill anything. Life point gain is useless in this format. The spell has no uses. Tribute summoning is horrible now, unless you have frognarch or something like it. Summoning from the hand is a -1 and it's effects are negated. Summoning from grave is pretty cool. Other than that the card has no used. Harpies and fire fist are two working decks that can use the spell. Both of those decks already can summon monsters from the grave. Fire fist have tensu to swarm from hand. Harpies can summon from the deck. I can explain even further but it's hard to type on my phone.

Ok, wow that over reaction. The monster's ATK is too low to kill anything. Life point gain is useless in this format. The spell has no uses. Tribute summoning is horrible now, unless you have frognarch or something like it. Summoning from the hand is a -1 and it's effects are negated. Summoning from grave is pretty cool. Other than that the card has no used. Harpies and fire fist are two working decks that can use the spell. Both of those decks already can summon monsters from the grave. Fire fist have tensu to swarm from hand. Harpies can summon from the deck. I can explain even further but it's hard to type on my phone.

Yeah, im sorry for that....

And that's the point of the low attack, it's hard to kill, but eventually when it does, it gets a great effect. 1 killing brings it immediately to 1800. At that point its easily to kill. Then it'll bring it to 2200 and is obviously easy to kill. It keeps going higher and higher until your opponent can't place any monsters and are stuck. The card is slow so that i why I added the Life Point Gain ability - and it's not just for the card he discarded, its the cards that are also originally in the Grave.

Beastly Summoning comes in handy in all ways, especially with its last effect cuz you can summon level 4s as well - easy way to bring out an Xyz or possibly a Synchro and you can keep using all three of its effects. 

For Harpies, I didn't really have my intent on that but more for Fire Fists. Yes I know cards can ss it, but Beastly Summing can do that and other effects and not just with fire fists so you can possibly add in some more beastwarriors. 

I honestly though I perfected the cards. I don't get how they were considered useless.

Was expecting to see some direct Fire Fist, Fire King, or Harpie support ...don't know if I am pleased or disappointed that I see neither. Anyway, onto the review.

@John: Let me congratulate you on finding two pics that fit together. That can be a challenge, so when it is done, I do notice. Some props for that. But the monster is incredibly slow. Its original attack is very low and will most likely fall prey to the quick spamming of Xyz Monsters that are found in most decks. The Life Point gain is useless in today's format and is just clutter on the card. Even if it does get to destroy a monster, or even two, still doesn't have enough ATK points to take on things such as Utopia or Dogma, which are common occurrences in decks. The effect damage isn't much to look at, because at most you might kill 1 or 2 monsters, but you will not be seeing much damage dealt to your opponent this way. Now for the spell, I'm assuming that for the first effect that it is not in addition to your regular normal summon, making the first effect pretty much useless. You make it so I can summon a Level 7 or higher with 1 less tribute BUT now the Tributes that I can use are restricted. 2nd effect is too nerfed. Get rid of one of the restrictions on the special summoned monster, preferrably the second one to make it of much use in today's metagame. 3rd effect is nice, maybe add 'ignoring summoning conditions' so you can get big hitters out there...although might be a bit too power this way. Not sure on this way. The fact is, with your spell is it is too slow. Most of the time it will take 3 turns to get the card up to the point where it would be useful in the metagame and in 3 turns your opponent will probably have more than one opportunity to destroy it with MST or Heavy, making it a waste of draw and play. Overall, the cards are too slow. You are adding in a bunch of effects that seem useful, and minorily they are, but instead of small little advantages, you probably want to focus on 1 advantageous effect that is speedy and benefits the game nicely. 

Zero: Monster looks nice enough. Probably wouldn't see much use, but I could see it getting a little action in a few casual playing decks. The spell card is very nice. I love the last effect that allows you to search for another one. Great job there.

My vote goes to Zero.

Archived