Pokemon Paramount Ventures: The Legendary Cygrus Region; Co-Hosted by Dharc [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

Zextra

cygrusbanner.png

*Banner by LC*

OOC Link:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/296501-pokemon-paramount-ventures-the-legendary-cygrus-region-co-hosted-by-dharc-oocpg-13not-acceptingstarted/

• • • • •

It seemed like just a couple of minutes ago when Caden stepped aboard the S.S. Evraflow…which, strangely enough, did not ever have Evraflow City as its destination – no, this ferry was used primarily for transporting the many new trainers to the Cygrus region at the beginning of each league season.

Caden stood at the edge of the deck, where he had his eyes glued down upon the water. He sighed as a brilliant beam of light burst down upon him. His eyes squinting, he looked up into the sky only to turn away, flinching upon the sight of the bright, blinding sun. “The cloudy weather seems to have disappeared,” he muttered softly as he turned back, slowly walking back to his room.

Not long after Caden arrived back in his room, a loud ring alerted him – the red light on the wall of his room started flashing, and a loud, distinctive voice followed soon after. “Attention, passengers! This is your captain speaking. It is now that I would encourage you to do any last-minute packing, because we will be arriving at Greenvine Pier in approximately twenty minutes – I repeat, we will be arriving at Greenvine Pier in approximately twenty minutes” the voice boomed.

Upon hearing the announcement, Caden removed his jacket from his bag and draped it over his back and tidied the room. As he made his way to the door, he reached into his pocket, took out a few bills, and left then on top of the dresser. He strapped his bag across his right shoulder and exited the door. When he walked out into the hallway, the familiar ring alerted him yet again as red lights around started to flash. "Attention, passengers! We have now arrived at Greenvine Pier. When you step off the ship, please make your way to the registration desks located throughout the pier and retrieve your Trainer ID and your Cygrus League Manual - once again, when you step off the ship, please make your way to the registration desks located throughout the pier and retrieve your Trainer ID and your Cygrus League Manual".

"What?!" Caden thought as his eyes widened. "Trainer ID? Cygrus League? So that's what Nathan was up to..." he grumbled, almost annoyed. "But I just finished a league competition...do I really want to be doing this right away?" He muttered to himself as be slowly stepped up to one of the registration desks.

• • •

Rectus stood atop Evraflow Tower, the Elite Four headquarters, looking down at the view around them. "Today's the day that the league starts...I'm also assuming that now is when Team Draconius is going to make their move" he thought to himself as he stepped into the elevator. He looked down at his customized X-transceiver, which were distributed to each Elite 4 member, and entered a four digit code - immediately, four faces appeared on the screen. "Cygrus Elite Four - it's time to get down to business" he declared, his voice booming throughout the building.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desu
Standing in a forest not far from Evraflow Tower, Desu's Xtransceiver started to ring, it was Rectus saying, "Cygrus Elite Four - it's time to get down to business" Desu replied "Roger that Rectus, if those Draconius goons try anything, I'll bug them until they give in." Desu then hung up, gave a little sigh and thought in his head. "This soon huh? No rest for the wicked then." Desu moved away from Evraflow with the intentions of doing his job.

---

Silver and Alex
On the luxury liner S.S. Evraflow, Silver looked to the ceiling and wondered "Am I ready for the Cygrus league? I bet it'll be nothing like my previous experiences as a trainer." However his thoughts were broken by Totodile using Water Gun on his face, Alex walked into his cabin to laugh at him. "Haha, Hey Silver, if your own pokemon is attacking you, then you have no chance."

Silver sensed Alex's presence, being friends for so many years, they are used to each other's banters and shenanigans and both of them like to enjoy playing along anyway "Alex, Shut up. If you're not careful your Cyndaquil will blow up in your face."

Before Alex could even respond, a loud voice blurted out: "Attention, passengers! We have now arrived at Greenvine Pier. When you step off the ship, please make your way to the registration desks located throughout the pier and retrieve your Trainer ID and your Cygrus League Manual - once again, when you step off the ship, please make your way to the registration desks located throughout the pier and retrieve your Trainer ID and your Cygrus League Manual". Silver smirked knowing that the intercom had probably broken Alex's train of thought, then Alex gave his response to what Silver said to him about his Cyndaquil. "I would spend my time arguing my friend, but let's get our ID and league manual." Silver nodded as they made their way towards the piers and a registration desk.

"...which they won-" Stellar tried to inform, only to hear the unmistakable sound of Desu hanging up, and roll her eyes in response, "Someone bring him back online,"

From the park bench where Stellar Tetanus was sitting, a Staraptor had flown into view, perching itself on a nearby tree. What this specific Pokemon was doing exactly, she didn't know, but Stellar did notice the strange device around its neck. It could very well be a bug or something that the trainer specifically used to try and get information from her. With this in mind, Stellar decided that she best pretend she was just having a generic conversation.

"So what's this big plan of yours, anyway?" Stellar asked out of the blue.

Back at the Draconius Headquarters, Leon Nevada was just manning his station as pure usual, when all of a sudden he could hear Coral berating yet another grunt.  By the sound of things, she was probably doing a bit more than that, but Leon had just about enough.

"Do you mind keeping it down in there?!" Leon asked in a raised voice, "I can't exactly eavesdrop on someone with all this racket going on!"

Of course, Coral wouldn't listen. Instead, she ended up kicking the grunt in the crotch, which must've hurt for whatever reason, before storming out where Leon was.

"ISSS THAT ALL YOU DO??!!" Coral screamed, "Jussst... EAVESSSDROP ON PEOPLE??!!"

"More than that," said Leon after a brief sigh, before he brought up another screen, "I was thinking that, instead of relying on our own grunts because they're useless, perhaps we should start using some stronger trainers to battle our targets, specifically leaning towards the Elite 4. We'll probably have to steal one of their Pokemon for leverage, or maybe someone or something else they hold dear, but if we can accomplish that, it should make things easier in the long run."

Apparently that was enough to calm Coral down. She seemed intrigued by the idea of having the Elite 4 being forced to do her dirty work for her. True, messing with the Elite 4 could end up blowing up in everyone's face if they weren't careful, but Coral didn't care how it was done; just the fact it was done in the first place.

"OK, let'sss go with that," Coral stated, "But I eckssspect it to go without a hitch, got that?"

"Certainly," replied Leon.

Rosencrantz Blackwood stood at the helm of the S.S. Evraflow, letting the salty wind coming off the waves wash over him. Beside him, his Togetic flitted about happily, singing. "Tic, Tic, Togetic, To-Ge-Tiiiic~!" Rose smiled. This is it, huh? Rose thought to himself. Things are gonna be so different from Undella Town...We're in the big leagues now. Only the cream of the crop can even hope to do well here...I heard one of the Elite Four here even beat Ash Ketchum...

Alex shook his head from side to side and adjusted his tie. "Now is not the time to get cold feet! It's time to show Mom and Pop that it was good to send me out on an adventure. Right, Togetic?"
Togetic nodded enthusiastically. "Toge, Togetic!" As if giving further validity to Rose's statement, the Happiness Pokémon fired a powerful Hidden Power into the water, splashing everyone on deck with a massive spray of seawater.
"Sorry, everyone!" Rose called, embarrassed. "Togetic, try to be more considerate!"

• • •

Rose heard the announcement and grabbed his bag from the floor next to him. Before he headed belowdecks, he checked out the contents of the ratty old backpack. There were three Super Potions, a Hyper Potion, a ton of Antidotes and Parlyz Heals, four Poké balls, a Great Ball, and a Luxury Ball. Not to mention money. Lots of money. He knew his mom packed it, because his father would have only put in a Pokéball and a Potion. He was a minimalist like that. On Rose's hip was Togetic's ball—A Cherish Ball.

"Alright, Togetic, let's get our IDs and—" Rose stopped dead. There, at one of the registration decks was a boy his age—One whom he could recognize instantly. C-Caden Azure...! Th-The Lily of the Valley Conference Champion...! Rose immediately went to the counter next to Caden. "Umm, hello," he said nervously to the receptionist. "M-My name is Rosencrantz Blackwood."

The receptionist typed away on her console, humming. "Blackwood, Blackwood...Ah, yes!" The receptionist flashed him a winning smile. A small machine to her right whirred and hummed. Then, a blue LED on top flashed on and a strip of plastic the size of a credit card popped out. The lady reached into her desk and procured a small booklet and a carbon-black metal case. She handed Rose all three items. "This here is your Cygrus Trainer ID, the Cygrus League Manual, and your badge case. It has eight slots for all right badges, plus an additional slot for your Evraflow Conference Badge, if you so happen to make it to the Top Eight." The receptionist smiled once more. "Now please, make your way to the table over there, pick up a Pokédex v9, and insert your ID. You can get a new skin after you get to a big city, like Terramean."

Rose nodded and went over to the table as instructed. He picked up the nearest Pokédex and inserted his new ID into the slot on the bottom. It whirred to life, its touch screen lighting up with a map of the Cygrus Region with a watermark of two Pokémon battling...It looked like a Salamence and an Armaldo. What an odd pair of Pokémon to use as the logo for the league...

Alexander smiled, looking up at the imposing structure that was Greenvine Hill. "You ready, Togetic?" he asked the Cherish Ball at his hip. He thought he felt it wiggle slightly. "Let's do this."

— — — —

"Yeah yeah, I know..." Judas grumbled into the Xtransceiver. I don't care...I just want this to get over with...And take out that Azure kid...

The Elite Four member looked around. He was standing on Graklus Isle. The black sand on the beach crunched beneath his feet. "Nothing...Damn..." Judas sighed, rubbing his forehead with the heel of his hand. "Oh well. I'll be late, Rectus. Don't wait up for me." Judas shut off the Xtransceiver and removed the memory card. He didn't want anything he was going to do to be on the record, so to speak.

Vasi let out a long yawn as she awoke from her sleep with the Captain announcing that there was twenty minutes until their made their arrival in Greenvile Port. Luckily Vasi had kept her room clean so there was no need to scramble to pick things up, and deciding she should enjoy the view ventured up to the helm of the ship watching as they moved closer to the mainland. The frigid sea water spread down Vasi’s back as the spray of a Togetic’s Hidden Power washed over the rest of the people on the deck, and its Trainer apologized embarrassed.

“Well no harm done, but I suppose I’ll have to change,” giggled Vasi squeezing out her short hair.

As the ship docked Vasi, like the rest of the Trainers, walked off the ship excitement building in her chest and walked over to one of the perky receptionists who seemed to be handing out their Trainer IDs and League Manuals.

“Thank you,” Vasi replied to the receptionist in an equally perky manner.

Once all of her affairs had been set in order Vasi released her Venonat from its Pokeball, which jumped happily into its Trainer’s arms. Vasi’s first stop would be Grandis forest, as it was a good place to catch Pokemon, and would give her a start on the long trek to Grandis village. Well this seems like maybe it would be a better trip for two, besides wouldn’t it be more fun to spend her journey with someone instead.

Looking around she saw a person (Caden) that she thought looked familiar from somewhere, but couldn’t quite place it, the boy had large, coal black eyes, and long brown hair. Though he seemed to be younger than Vasi she had no qualms about asking him to be her partner, besides he seemed nice enough.

“So hey I was wondering you know, because wandering an entire region alone can be kind of well, you know, lonely if you would want to partner-up to travel around together?” Vasi asked the boy a shy smile on her face.

-----

Issabella stretched out on her bed walking up the morning rays casting different colors on the stained glass of her room, and reached over to the small nightstand next to her bed to answer the blinking X-Transceiver.

“Issabella here, I’ll keep a look out for any trouble soon as I’m awake,” she regarded the X-Transceiver screen dreamily not completely awake yet. “Well my master plan is to make breakfast,” responding to Stellar’s out of the blue comment.

Issabella gave Judas one last dark look before logging off, she didn’t feel comfortable around that man. He gave her dark vibes and the Pokemon sensed something wrong with him, which to Issabella were flashing red alerts, but Rectus seemed to trust him, so she gave him some trust as well. Rectus… so young yet he was the strongest Trainer in Cygrus, Issabella respected him the boy had a good head on his shoulders.

Climbing out of bed Issabella’s lacey pink night gown flowed around her as she exited her room to the main floor of Evraflow Tower, which also held the kitchen. This was common for Issabella, she liked to take charge and often made the meals for the rest of the Elite Four and the Champion. Once breakfast was done she had Medicham deliver to Desu, Judas, and Rectus. Stellar she would handle herself, as she usually did, quite enjoying the girl’s company. Piling her own breakfast, and Stellar’s onto Metagross’ back Issabella again returned to the elevator, but this time taking it to Stellar’s room, not her own.

“Can I come in?” Issabella asked knocking on the door.

-------

Moira had gotten off the helicopter before it had even touched the pad, and stalked to the operations room not eager for the task that awaited her. Then again giving a mission report to Coral was never a good task, but today she decided to spare the grunts who she usually had make bad reports to Coral, but Moira wouldn’t put the grunts through facing the consequences of having them deal with explain to Coral they hadn’t got Giratina, and that they had lost thousands of dollars in equipment.

Releasing Glaceon, Moira walked into the Ops center immediately headed to her console and logged in not wanting to get into the middle of Coral and Leon’s fight.

Once they had finished their little dispute Moira made her announcement, “Well the mission was a failure, Giratina seems to have more power over the Reverse World than we think, I’ll begin reworking my equation for Dimensional Warping, but in the meantime you wanted to go after Kyurem, correct?” Moira said leaving out the part where she destroyed thousands of dollars in equipment, she’d explain that later… maybe… probably not. 

"Good luck, Mr. Azure," the receptionist said as Caden pocketed his Cygrus League manual. Then he removed his Pokedex from the pouch attached to the back of his jeans, flipped it open, and placed his Cygrus Trainer ID into a slot on the side. The screen lit up, depicting an image of what seemed to be an Armaldo and a Salamence battling. He gave a curious look at the Armaldo, then smoothly placed the device back into its holster. It was then when he noticed a trainer approach the receptionist beside him. From experience, he could tell that this trainer was nervous for one reason or another.

Caden approached the trainer, who looked about the same age as him, and put a hand on his shoulder. "Take it easy - many people must be feeling anxious today; don't let it bother you" Caden said, trying to sound reassuring. "Maybe I'll see you around sometime..." he declared as he gave a short smile before walking off.

As he started to head off, Caden was stopped by a girl who asked him if he would be interested in travelling with her. Caden gave her a smile, then reluctantly shook his head. "I would love to...is what I'd like to say. But unfortunately, as of now, I have some personal issues to deal with here. Perhaps we could travel together later if we happen to meet at a later point somewhere. But for now, I wish you the best of luck," he responded before saying goodbye.

Shortly afterwards, Caden was on the outskirts of Greenvine town, heading towards the thick patch of darkness that was Gradnis Forest. As he entered, he turned on his X-transceiver, pressed a series of buttons, then waited as it began to ring. Shortly after, the image of Nathan appeared on the screen. "Nathan... what exactly were you trying to pull here, registering me for a league without letting me know?" He demanded, albeit in a somewhat soft, gentle tone. "I thought you said that this was going to be a vacation..."

• • •

"It's a natural response, Stellar - not everyone can remain as composed as yourself..." Rectus joked before turning towards Judas' face. "As for you, Judas, just be careful you don't lose yourself like last time" he commented as Judas' face disappeared from the screen.

Rectus stepped off the elevator and exited the building. "Now, as for me, I guess it would be somewhat wise to be on patrol duty at this point" he thought to himself as he removed a Pokeball from his belt. "Salamence, let's go" he called as he hurled the sphere into the air. The Pokeball burst open, letting out a burst of light which formed the silhouette of a winged dragon. When the light faded, the blue and red-colored dragon emerged, letting out a roar. He jumped on the dragon's back, and it took flight, soaring away from Evraflow Tower.

Stellar was the last to log off, and did so without saying much of anything. She immediately turned her attention to the Staraptor that had suddenly decided to peer through her window. Stellar looked into the Staraptor's eyes, pondering what it could've wanted with her, when she heard the knock on the door.

"Come in," she said, even though she still needed a way to get rid of that Staraptor.

Eventually, she settled for cranking up the stereo with one of her usual tunes, scaring the Starptor off.

"I thought we agreed on getting one of the others before going anywhere near Giratina," Leon remarked sarcastically, before Coral could say much of anything, "But yeah, we're definitely going for Kyurem, albeit with a slight change of plan."

"Y'know, you could've actually helped with that dimension warping thing," Coral said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"That type of thing's not my forte anyway," Leon stated, "Wouldn't be surprised if it blew up in her face the minute she turned it on,"

Little did Leon know that wasn't actually too far from the truth. Still, it was enough of a concern for Coral; if all that equipment did go bust, then she would've had no choice but to dock everyone else's salary, just to recover the thousands of dollars that it must've costed.

Rose jumped as Caden placed his hand on his shoulder. Dumbfounded, he just stared. He's...So calm...And he talked to me... Rose shook his head and adjusted his tie once more. "Now's not the time to get all star-struck...He's probably starting fresh like you this time around, Rose. C'mon, let's get that head in the game."

As he started marching toward Greenvine Hill (which he now realized was far less imposing than it had seemed fresh off the boat), he paused. He caught a glimpse of a girl holding a Venonat. She had just talked to Caden, and he was now walking off. "Does she...Does she need some help, or something?" Rose jogged over to her. "Hey, you doing okay? Do you need someone to buddy up with you for your journey?" Rose smiled, blushing slightly. He was never good at talking to girls, so he hoped he didn't come on as creepy to her.

• • •

Nathan Azure answered his Xtransceiver, tapping the screen furiously in annoyance. "Damn thing is getting old...Can't hold a charge, can't answer a call..." Finally, Caden's face appeared onscreen. "Hey, little bro. What's up?"

"Nathan... what exactly were you trying to pull here, registering me for a league without letting me know?" he demanded, albeit in a somewhat soft, gentle tone. "I thought you said that this was going to be a vacation..."

"Well," Nathan said, scratching under his chin. "It's a vacation for me. And besides, it does the body and mind good to get back into the fray every now and then so you don't get rusty. And to be honest, I was the one who received the invitation originally, but, well..." Nathan looked at something off to the side. "I've kinda got some stuff going on right now, so I sent you in my place. Besides, you'll do fine." He paused. "Y'know, I heard that Blackwood kid is gonna be there, too. I think he's about your age." Nathan smiled. "I remember how much trouble his mom gave you in the Sinnoh Contests."

A tone sounded in Nathan's ear, and he abruptly disconnected the call on his Xtransceiver. "Crap, was that...?"

Silver and Alex

As Silver and Alex got off the boat, they looked around to find the nearest empty reception desk. There were alot of trainers registering for the Cygrus league, some of which must be seasoned trainers, Silver's attention turned to the big screen when a battle from a previous league tournament took place. Whilst he was watching thae battle, Alex was already on at a reception desk.

"Yeah, I'm here to register for the Cygrus league." Silver noticed this, got a bit annoyed and ran towards Alex's location.

"And your name sir?" The receptionist said, typing on the computer. "Alex, Alex Fubushi." "Ok Mr. Fubushi, your registration is complete here is your trainer ID and league manual, good luck." The receptionist said with a smile, she then turned her attnetion to Silver. "Are you here to register for the Cygrus league too young man?" Alex started to walk away as Silver pulled on his neck collar trying to stop him from getting too far ahead, Silver turned to the receptionist and said. "Yes ma'am." "Your name sir?" "Silver, Silver Yuja." "Ok mr. Yuja your registration is complete here is your ID and trainer manual, good luck." Silver let go of Alex to accept his ID and manual which gave Alex enough time to escape and run off towards Greenvine Town before him. "Get Back here!" Silver shouted as he ran off following him.

"Oh, I see; how clever of you..." Caden responded sarcastically, raising an eyebrow. "Nevertheless...now that I'm here, I no longer have a choice..." he thought as he glanced off to the side for a minute before turning back to Nathan as he mentioned the name Blackwood. "Ah yes, her... I recall facing her three times out of the five contests I entered last year; she and her Leafeon gave me quite the battle. I also heard that she went pretty far in the Grand Festival" Caden responded before the call was dropped. "Interesting...I wonder if her son has as much fight in him as she does" Caden smiled, turning back to look at Greenvine Town once more before heading deeper into Gradnis Forest.

Gradnis Forest, like every other forest that Caden had encountered before, was swarming with Bug and Grass-type Pokemon. As he advanced through the deepest part, he was careful not to create any commotion that might bother any of the Pokemon lurking there. He slowly ducked under multiple tree branches and stepped over countless roots and dead logs, until he finally arrived at a clearing. He sighed as he attempted to continue through, but suddenly he saw a dull flash yellow light burst out from an area nearby. "That looked like a Thunderbolt...but what could that be?" Caden thought as he rapidly dashed toward the light. Before long, he reached what appeared to be yet another clearing, gasping at what he saw.

There was a silhouette of a Pokemon standing above what looked to be a hive. The Pokemon, whose body was cackling with lightning sparks, reached inside the hive and pulled out a paw covered in honey. It stuck the paw into its mouth, then shouted happily. "Bzz...Ele-,ele-kiiiiiid!" Caden looked at the Pokemon, now revealed to be an Elekid, with a curious look. He quickly removed his Pokedex from its holster, pointed it at Elekid, and the Pokemon's image and data appeared on the screen. Then, he focused the Pokedex towards the hive - immediately, the data pages for Combee and Vespiquen appeared on the screen. "Well, it looks like no Pokemon was hurt by the attack..." he thought, letting out a sigh of relief as he changed the page on his Pokedex to a map of Gradnis Forest. He glanced down at it, only to see that the exit was quite nearby. He flipped it shut, placed it back in its holster, and began to walk in the direction towards the exit, but stopped and turned back towards the Elekid.

"Actually...I kind of want to try raising an Elekid of my own..." Caden thought, now completely turned to face the Elekid. The Elekid, who was finished eating, glared up at him as if to say "Challenge Accepted", its body lighting up with electric energy. Caden then reached into his bag, removing a Pokeball, then proceeded to toss it into the air. The Pokeball split open as a flash of light burst out, making its way to the ground. The light dissipated to reveal a small blue, fox-like creature, who let out a soft cry. "Glaa-, Glaaaceon~" Its paws stretched apart as it lowered its head, assuming a battle form.

~ several minutes later ~

"Glaceon, fire Shadow Ball then Ice Beam... then use Iron Tail to fire" Caden declared, calmly. The small, fox-like creature nodded as it pointed its head upwards and fired a purple, shadowy blob into the sky. Then, it let out a turquoise energy beam, which impacted with the Shadow Ball, freezing it completely. Immediately afterwards, Glaceon leapt into the air, it's tail glowing a brilliant silver - it somersaulted in mid-air, then smacked its tail down upon the frozen Shadow Ball, which burst open, releasing a shower of blue and purple energy shards upon the Elekid. The Elekid attempted to use Thunderbolt to counter the attack, but the shards were countless, and it was eventually pelted down. The Elekid lay face-up on the ground, almost motionless.

At that moment, Caden removed another Pokeball from his bag - an empty one - and hurled it at the fallen Elekid. The Pokeball hit the Elekid then opened up, ensnaring Elekid in a red light before pulling it inside. The Pokeball shut, then hit the ground - it flashed red, shaking for several seconds before finally coming to a stop. Caden picked up the Pokeball and placed it in his bag. Then he knelt down, gently stroking Glaceon's head before taking out its Pokeball. "Nice work, Glaceon," he said, smiling as Glaceon was returned into the sphere. And with that, Caden continued towards the exit until he finally stepped out to the outskirts of Gradnis Village.

“Oh… well that’s a shame, but it was nice meeting you and I hope you can get your troubles sorted, seeing you!” Vasi waved as Caden walked from Greenvile town to Grandis Forest, she also wished to head there, but her first order of business was to find a partner.

It didn’t take long, a young boy with chestnut colored eyes and hair approached her offering to be her partner. He was blushing slightly, and Vasi tried not giggle in his face and scare him off, poor boy must’ve been shy talking to girls.

“Well sure I’ll team up with you, because you know it’s kind of lonely traveling all by yourself. Well you have your Pokemon, but it’s nice to be able to talk to someone you can understand,” giggled Vasi in response, “If you don’t mind though I’d like to stop in Grandis Forest on the way, because I here its filled with Bug and Grass type, which can hopefully come in handy at the next gym. By the way my name is Vasilisa Zankiev, but most people just call me Vasi.”

-----

Issabella entered Stellar’s room with Metagross not far behind, though slightly startled by the loud music Stellar was playing.

“Isn’t it a bit early for that, oh never mind, anyway I brought up breakfast you know it’s good to have a full stomach before you go hunting for evil so eat up,” Issabella was at the moement working on her scrambled eggs, spreading salt over them with the salt shaker, the rest of her plate contained fluffy pancakes, and sausage links a little on the crispy side, Stellar’s breakfast was an exact copy.

“So what were you planning on doing today, it seems Team Draconius is very good at cleaning up there tracks, but I guess it would be best to check out places were Legendries are said to reside as that seems like their ultimate goal. So actually I was thinking about heading to the Barren Coliseum anyway, and I know Lavralyn is close by, so wanna check out those areas?” Issabella was aware of the legends associated with those two areas, but more so she was heading to the Barren Coliseum for other reasons.  

-----

Moira scowled, “It didn’t blow up in my face the minute I turned it on,” It lasted for exactly 1 minute 25.2 seconds exactly was the unspoken part of that sentence. “Leon you’re not helping… stop being an instigator,” Moira said giving him a look.  “Despite the failed mission I did collect some valueable information, first off it seems the Reverse World can be entered from anywhere, which should be obvious considering that it is a mirror of our on world in reverse, but the concentration of energy is highest of Graklus Island, so if we’re going to get in we need to get in from there.  Secondly unless Giratina comes out of the Reverse World we can’t get in, but once it does leave the Reverse World I have a device that can keep the portal open.”

Moira paused here letting the information sink in, “the way I see it is we can approach this one of two ways, first use Dialaga as bait, because it seems the Renegade Pokemon has a certain rivalry with Dialga and Palkia, as you can see in these clips,” Moira said pressing a button showing several clips of Giratina attempting to drag Dialga or Palkia into the Reverse World. “Seeing as I have a general idea of where Dialga is I suggest were use it, and it also seems to be the weaker of the two Space-Time Pokemon. A second option is using some surveillance drones I have, but this will take time as the drones will need to be repurposed.”

Moira swiveled slightly in her chair stroking the top of Glaceon’s head wondering what to do about Kyurem, which seemed to be her next venture. Well the first step was to triangulate its location,which was as simple as running a program, after that came the fun part, figuring out what contraption to use to subdue the Pokemon. The program would take twenty minutes, in the meantime she would figure out the parts she needed to repurpose the drones. 

"Yeah... sorry about that," Stellar stated in meh-ish tone, "I forget how loud I have this thing at times,"

Stellar flicked the volume control back down again and, taking a pair of chopsticks from her pocket, turned her attention to her breakfast. She had a strict set of rules when it came to eating; if something couldn't really be picked up by chopsticks unless cut up, she wouldn't eat it. This somewhat explained why she never took a fancy to pancakes, although Isabella probably forgot about that. Still, Stellar didn't make a fuss of the scrambled eggs, and rather enjoyed the sausage links.

"Well, now that you mention it, I overheard some grunts in the Rockius Hotel talk about trying to catch Kyurem around about 10 o'clock this morning," informed Stellar, "I was thinking I'd head there in case they decide to follow up on that, but... that probably means we'll have to split up, doesn't it?"

"We've already tried capturing Dialga, you..." Coral started, before...

"Neither Moira nor I were Commanders at the time now, were we?" Leon asked hypothetically, intervening her in the process.

"Interrupt me again and I'll have your ssspleen!" Coral hissed, before wilting into more of a pout, "But to anssswer your quessstion, no you weren't..."

"Didn't think so," said Leon with a smug smile, before moving on, "Now, the Elite 4 will probably split up and try to cover all the legendaries at once, so we'll just target one of them and ambush that target on his or her way out. From there, we should be able to have the leverage we need to have the other Elite 4 do most of the dirty work for us, assuming the capture goes according to plan. All we'll need is a battle plan and a competent squad."

"And where the hell do you expect to find the latter, hmm?!" demanded Coral.

Leon, however, turned to Moira, half-expecting her to answer that question for him.

(Just an FYI, I can't color the text all the time, since most of my posts are on the phone.)

Rose smiled at Vasi. "You're right about that. And my name's Rosencrantz Blackwood, but you can just call me Rose." He noticed her Venonat once again. "Oh, I should probably introduce you to my partner. Togetic, come on out!"

Rose tossed the Cherish Ball at his hip into the air and it burst open, a torrent of rainbow light pouring out. The light swirled around a central point, which eventually formed the shape of Togetic. The Happiness Pokémon burst forth from the shell of light, crying out in joy. "To-ge!" He flitted about happily, eventually stopping to hover next to Rise and nuzzle him, which made him blush.

"Togetic, stop it...There's a girl..." Rose playfully shoved Togetic, his face red. "S-So, Vasi, do you want to start going through Gradnis Forest? I'm ready when you are."

• • •

A huge helicarrier moved through the sky over Graklus Isle from the north. It was an enormous aircraft, almost as long as the Evraflow Tower is tall. It was basically a big black box with propellers on it. Inside, Nathan Azure paced in his room. He would pause sometimes to look at the digital display on his wall. It was a map of a network of subterranean caves. At the center, there was a large pit. The heading said "CAVE OF ORIGIN, SOOTOPOLIS CITY, HOENN REGION".

"Dammit...Everyone knows it's been empty of everything but Zubat for as long as anyone but Gramps can remember...And even his mind is going." Nathan finally plopped down at his desk, looking over the papers Juan and Steven had procured for him prior to his departure to Cygrus. As he read the reports and legends about Groudon and Kyogre (mainly the ones prior to the Emerald Incident, involving Team Aqua and Magma), Winona's voice came over the intercom. "We'll be docking at Evraflow Tower in about two hours, Nathan. Just a head's-up."

"Thanks, Winona." He turned back to the papers and studied them closely. Dammit...What did they want...?

(I know I said I wouldn't post again until everyone else made a post, but I'm feeling a bit anxious right now :p)

Caden stood on the outskirts of Gradnis Village, watching his newly caught Elekid spar with his Glaceon. "Glaaa! Glaaa-ce-ooooon!" the blue, fox-like Pokemon called as it fired of a beam of bright blue energy at the small, yellow-and-black Pokemon. "Bzz! Ele-ele-kiiid! Bzz!" Elekid retorted energetically as it began to wind-up its arms - electricity cackled through its body before the "plug" on its head shot out a bright beam of yellow energy to counter the Ice Beam. "Thunderbolt - Elekid has good instinct, but I don't think that its current strength is enough yet to handle the Ice Beam head on..." Caden thought as he continued to watch intently.

Sure enough, Caden's suspicions were correct - the two attacks collided with each other, but the strength of Glaceon's Ice Beam was quickly able to overpower Elekid's Thunderbolt. Upon seeing its Thunderbolt being pushed back, Elekid had figured that it was an uphill battle from there - however, rather than just let the attack hit him, Elekid let out a cry before stopping its attack and quickly rolled off to the side, just barely avoiding the frigid blast. "It's reaction is good as well... working with Elekid will be a good task; it seems I need to focus on its power before anything else" Caden thought, smiling as he reached for two Pokeballs in his back. "Good work, you two; that's enough for now - take a well-deserved rest" he called as he returned Glaceon and Elekid to their respective Pokeballs.

Not long afterwards, Caden made his way into Gradnis Village, where he walked to the Pokemon Center. He dropped off his Pokemon to Nurse Joy before heading to the rest lounge on the basement floor, where he sat down on a couch. He waited a bit before he was called back up to retrieve his Pokemon. After thanking Nurse Joy, Caden stepped away and took out his Pokedex, flipping it open - checking the map of Gradnis Village, he located the Gradnis Village Gym before placing it back in his holster. Caden then proceeded to exit the Pokemon Center, where he made his way to the gym - which took the form of a greenhouse, apparently. He entered, where he was greeted by the gym attendant.

"Hello, I would like to request a battle with the Gym Leader here" Caden asked as he showed his Cygrus Trainer ID to the attendant. The attendant glanced at the ID, then motioned for Caden to follow him. "Ah yes, of course - right this way" he replied as he led Caden into the central area of the greenhouse which looked like it was surrounded by trees. As Caden entered, bright lights from above flashed on, revealing the grassy battlefield, which was surrounded at all four sides with thick, tall trees. A man approached Caden, introducing himself as the gym leader, Shibi.

The two made their ways to their respective sides of the battlefield before facing each other. The referee boarded a floating platform and held out both arms. "This match between the Gradnis Village gym leader, Shibi, and the challenger, Caden, will now commence! Each trainer will be using two Pokemon - however, only the challenger is allowed substitutions!" he called as a giant, LED scoreboard above him flashed on.

Caden saw Shibi's face appear on one side of the electronic scoreboard while his own appeared on the opposite side. Two blank circles stood in line under the pictures of each trainer. Shibi held out a Pokeball and tossed it into the air - a white light rushed down onto the battlefield, revealing a green, gecko-like Pokemon. "Gro-groo-vyle!" it called out before taking a battle stance. The scoreboard flashed and the first blank circle under Shibi was now occupied by an image of a Grovyle. "As for me, I think I'm going to go with Elekid..." Caden thought, removing a Pokeball from his bag before hurling it onto the battlefield. As the Pokeball opened up, a flash of white light burst out of it, revealing the silhouette of the electric-plug Pokemon. The light dissipated, and the yellow and black-colored Pokemon revealed itself, letting out a cry as electricity crackled throughout its body. Caden looked up at the scoreboard - the first blank circle under his picture was replaced with the image of Elekid.

"With that, let the battle begin!" the referee called, raising two flags into the air - one green and one red.

When the boys reached Greenvine Town, they decided to ask around for the location of Greenvinve Hill where they can capture wild pokemon. They approached one of the local kids for directions who appeared to be happy to help. "Excuse me young man, can you show us where to find Greenvine Hill?" Silver asked. "It's over there, it's a big mound, you can't miss it." replied the Casual Dude who pointed to the far left as Alex shot off like a rocket. "Thanks." he said as he ran off only to be chased by Silver.

A few minutes later, the boys had reached the outside of Greenvine Hill. Aesthetics wise it looked like a lush place for wild pokemon to live, and it seemed like wild pokemon exit the hill often. As the chase continued, Alex saw a tiny knot in the grass and stopped before he tripped and hurt himself, but unfortunately for Silver he didn't see the knot in the grass and tripped, falling in the hill in the process. "Silver are you ok?" Alex shouted as he jumped down after him.

---

Silver
Taking a tumble inside the Greenvine Hill, not the most convential way of entering the hill though, Silver got up from the ground a few seconds later only to rub his head. "Oww, my head." He urked as he took a gander to see what pokemon he would find inside Greenvine Hill. A nearby Bidoof approached the wandering trainer only to laugh at him for taking a tumble. "That Bidoof is mocking me," Silver said in annoyance as he got out a pokeball. "So I'll have Totodile take care of it." Totodile came out of the pokeball with a fierce look on his face. "Use Ice Punch!" Shouted Silver who ordered his little water crocodile to attack the crafty Bidoof with a frozen fist aiming for it, however the Bidoof tried to run away, but took a trip, thus hitting the ground waiting for the Ice Punch to hit. As the Ice Punch hit its mark, the Bidoof had a sorry look on his face and waved a hypothetical white flag surrendering to Totodile and running off, Silver thought he'd find an alternate way out of the hill.

Alex
For Alex, finding a Seedot inside Greenvine Hill was his top priority. He looked high and low, checking each and every bush thoroughly and he also checked to see if they are hanging from the trees as from previous experiences he's seen that they are likely to dangle from the branches early in the day, sadly they were nowhere to be seen, and this had saddened him, so he sat down next to the tree that he had just checked. "Where am I going to find a Seedot." Alex mused as he looked to the sky, he knew that he had to be calm abut this, even if a crafty pokemon came along to mock him. Suddenly the bushes next to him rustled, and a surprised Alex got up off the ground in no time and ripped out a pokeball ready to fight the next thing to come out, he broke a sweat waiting to see what would come out, and what would pop from from the bushes, why it's a little Seedot. "Yes! A Seedot!" Alex said in excitement as he sent in Cyndaquil to help. "Cyndaquil, Flamethrower attack!" Alex called out as Cyndaquil let loose a powerful fire attack that left Seedot cringing in fear as it refused to dodge and Alex could see its resilience in taking the attack head on, and to his surprise, Seedot fired an Energy Ball at Cyndaquil which hit its mark however. Alex then proceeded to throw a pokeball at Seedot, 1... 2... 3, the pokeball emanated small sparkles signalling that Seedot was caught.

---

It wasn't long before the 2 boys had reunited after their short trek in Greenvine Hill. Alex told Silver that he had caught a strong Seedot who stood up to Cyndaquil's fire attacks, however Silver had emerged empty handed but he reminded Alex who wanted to gloat at this point that it was still earliy days, as they both noticed an opening out of the hill.

(Posting anyway since Sapphyre hasn't been around. Sapphyre, when you get a chance to post, just treat this post as occurring simultaneously with yours.)

Rose and Vasi began their stroll through Gradnis Forest, Togetic flying a fair distance behind them, snickering occasionally. Rose had hardly said a thing, too nervous to try to have a conversation with his new traveling companion. Up ahead, there was a cacophonous racket near a colony of Comber and Vespiquen, and the cries of Pokémon could be heard amid gusts of wind and flashes of light.

"What's going on up there...?" Rose stopped, and Togetic flitted up next to him, a serious expression on his usually jubilant face. "I suppose we should go investigate, shouldn't we?" Rose turned toward the Happiness Pokémon, who nodded. "We're going ahead, Vasi! We'll meet back up with you later!"

After a short, brisk jog, Rose and Togetic came upon a clearing, where there was a rather large Vespiquen and Combee hive. Said Pokémon were all arranged in a circle, attacking a large blue object in the center with numerous Gusts and Signal Beams. Rose stepped up to a hole in the circle for a closer look, and it turned out the target of the attacks was a Heracross. Probably tried to eat all the honey, and the owners got mad...

Rose nodded to Togetic, and the Pokémon nodded back. Rose backpedaled a ways, giving Togetic some room. Togetic's body began to glow with a purple light, and the ground shook. Boulders cloaked in the same purple light rose from the ground, leaving large craters in the forest floor. The boulders swirled around Togetic before they slammed into the ground around the Heracross. The Vespiquen and Combee subsequently ceased their attacks and turned to Togetic, who communicated a short message to them. The Pokémon returned to their hive, apprehensive.

"Alright Togetic, you ready for this? Let us show these Pokémon how to deal with an intruder." Rose smiled, now oozing confidence, and loosened his tie. "Togetic, lets start this thing off with an Aerial Ace!"

The Happiness Pokémon ascended sharply into the sky and spun before shooting down toward Heracross like a rocket, his body blurting from the speed of the attack. He slammed directly into the Heracross, but to Rose's surprise, the beetle-like Pokémon caught it and leapt into the air, before plummeting back down and slamming Togetic into the ground.

"That was a strong Seismic Toss...Let's go all out on this one!" Rose grinned, loosening his tie further.

• • •

"Alright Togetic, once more: Giga Impact!" Rose commanded. His eyes were full of fire, and his voice was the sound of pure unfiltered determination. Togetic, as instructed, soared into the air before shooting back down like a comet, purple and white energy cloaking his body. In response, the Heracross's horn glowed bright silver as it charged upward at Togetic. Their attacks clashed, and sparks flew for a few seconds before Rose shouted: "Finishing Blow: Tri-Attack!"

Togetic ascended backwards, leaving Heracross to hover in the air with its insectoid wings. Togetic opened his mouth wide and outstretched his arms. Three lines of light ran between his hands and mouth, forming a triangle. At each corner of the triangle, a sphere of energy burst to life: One cyan, one yellow, and one crimson. Finally, all three orbs shot a beam of the same colored energy at the Heracross, blasting it forcefully into the ground as flames, shards of ice, and sparks of electricity danced over its body. As it lay unmoving on the ground, Rose reached into his pack and threw a Poké ball at the downed Pokémon, absorbing it in a flash of red light. The Poké ball fell to the earth and shook back and forth, a red light flashing on its center button. Finally, after much anticipation on Rose's part, sparks burst from the ball and the red light went off, signifying Heracross's capture.

Rose froze at first, not sure how to react. Then, he leapt into the air and high-fived Togetic, laughing. He bent down to pick up the ball, blushing slightly in happiness.

“It would seem so, that’s fine I’ll just check both areas there quite close together so it’s no problem at all. Well you can head to Rockius with your Skarmory, but I have to borrow a Pidgeot from Nurse Joy, so I should probably get going the boys have already left without us,” Issabella chuckled, but noticed Stellar’s unfinished pancakes and opened her mouth to say something, but closed it remembering that Stellar only ate with chopsticks, “Well I’ll be seeing you, and sorry about the pancakes, I’ll have to remember that.”

Issabella rode the elevator down from Stellar’s room to the main floor of Evraflow Tower where the Pokemon Center was located, and rented a Pidgeot from the resident Nurse Joy. Soon she was up in the air and headed to her first destination Magma Forest muttering to herself, “Well time to get to work.”

-----

Vasi giggled watching Togetic harass its Trainer finding it increasingly funny as Rose’s cheeks grew more and more red as Togetic went on. She watched the two Trainer and Pokemon living in harmony, and looked down at Venonat lovingly, to which it replied by nuzzling into her.

“Well I should introduce my Venonat, she’s been my partner my whole life, really I can barely remember anything without Venonat she’s always been there. So shall we take our leave then?” Vasi asked as the left Greenvile Town behind, and started their journey venturing into Grandis Forest, and Vasi thought about how appropriately in was named the first step in a grand adventure.

Vasi was wondering what to say to break the ice between the two of them, as it was quite obvious that her companion was very nervous and his Pokemon was getting quite the entertainment out of it, and was just about to ask where he was from when a large noise caught her attention. Both Vasi’s and Rose’s attention was attracted by a large commotion through the leaves, but it was Rose who decided to check it out, Vasi on the other hand decided to look around for a few Pokemon, according to her Guide Book the next Gym Leader used two Pokemon so she would want two as well.

It didn’t take long a Treecko slammed into the side of her head with a Quick Attack knocking her over, and snickering all the while. It danced around Vasi, who was seeing multiples of everything and having a hard time standing on her own two feet, while Venonat tried to seek revenge for its Trainer by firing a few Signal Beams at Treecko.

“Hey what was that for?!” An indignant Vasi asked, now having come to her senses, while Treecko taunted her Pokemon hoping from branch to branch, “You know what I’m going to catch it! Venonat use Stun Spore,” Vasi commanded as the small purple Pokemon shook its fur and yellow dust flew out moving for Treecko, but the Wood Gecko Pokemon jumped further into the forest leading the duo on.

Soon though the Treecko had lost Vasi and Venonat, but the two were determined and hoped they could find Treecko in the immediate area, and Vasi found a small green tail she assumed was Treecko’s sticking out from under a bush. Silently she crept up on the Pokemon and threw a Pokeball, catching it. “Yeah,” Vasi celebrated and leapt up and down finally catching the Treecko, “I have to go find Rose, I wonder how he fared.”

Vasi retraced her steps back to wear she and Rose had split up, and walked into the clearing to find him finishing up with a Heracross, “Congratulations,” she said hoping she didn’t startle him, “wow a Heracross, I hear those are really rare, guess what though I caught a Treecko,” Vasi said releasing her newly caught Pokemon from it Pokeball, but the Pokemon inside wasn’t a Treecko, but a Spinarak who at the moment was badly injured, “What… Oh know I must’ve seen the green color, and mistaken the two, oh my God look at it, there’s bruises all over it! Do you have any potions?”

Moira nodded at Leon’s point as her triangulation program finished calculating were Kyurem was, and Moira announced her plan on capturing Dialga, “Now as we know Dialga uses its power over Time to fight, but I have a way to help even the odds for us. A few years back Team Rocket tried using a device that would use Raikou’s own power over lightening against it, now I have made a similar device that can be used against Dialga, though it cannot capture Dialgait is far too powerful, it does shut down Dialga’s time warping power.” Moira said returning to her computer, and Leon explained the rest of his plan.

For a moment Moira didn’t respond, but then realized Leon was waiting on her, “Oh… well I can’t help you too much here, my combat expertise is minimal, and we don’t exactly hire the top of the SAT scores, but I’m sure we could come up with something.” 

Rose turned to Vasi, blushing. "Potions? Umm, yeah, hold on..." He dropped his pack to the ground and rifled through the medicine pouch. "Parlyz Heal, Parlyz Heal...Ah!" Rose pulled out a Super Potion and gently crouched next to the Spinarak. "Alright, steady now, little one...I'm here to help you..." Rose gently squeezed the handle of the Super Potion, causing a fine mist to spray over the String Spit Pokémon's injuries. It cringed at first, but eventually the "face" on its abdomen smiled, and it began making contented noises. Rose smiled and tightened his tie, standing up. "Much better."

Togetic cheered and flitted around the two Bug-types. "Toge, Toge, Toge!" Finally, he came to a rest near Venonat and started chatting happily with her. Rose smiled at his Pokémon, then turned to Vasi. "Hey, so, umm, why did you decide to go on a journey, Vasi?" He blushed a little as he talked, still slightly nervous.

Suddenly, he realized that Heracross probably would enjoy chatting, too. Rose nonchalantly took the Single Horn Pokémon's ball and sent it out. He noticed it had a heart-shaped horn, signifying that his Heracross was female. Heracross immediately flew up into a nearby tree and grabbed a Sitrus berry, devouring it greedily. "Cross...Cross, Hera-Hera..."

Elekid and Grovyle stood face to face, having exchanged countless blows. "Grovyle, use Leaf Blade once more!" Shibi commanded as the leaves on Grovyle's wrist extended and glowed a bright greenish color before it launched itself towards Elekid at full speed. "Elekid, dodge!" Caden called as Elekid began to jump upwards. However, Grovyle was just a split second too fast for Elekid - its attack struck Elekid's legs as it left the ground. Elekid plummeted to the ground, just barely being able to stand back up. It tried to take a step, but quickly realized that its legs had become practically immobilized from the earlier attack.

"Good job, Grovyle! Finish it off with another Leaf Blade!" Shibi continued with his assault. Grovyle's "scythes" flashed again, and it began charging at Elekid once more. Caden closed his eyes and calmly analyzed the situation. "Elekid's legs can't be used right now, so it's vulnerable...or at least that's most likely what Shibi's thinking right now - but in reality, he's making a big mistake charging in without a second thought" Caden thought as Grovyle came in closer and closer. As Grovyle was just in range to hit Elekid with its Leaf Blade, Caden's eyes flashed open. "Elekid, Thunderbolt on the ground," he called as Elekod nodded, letting out a wave of electric energy directly onto the ground. The force of the attack propelled Elekid into the air, allowing it to successfully avoid Grovyle's attack as it was stopped dead in its tracks. "Now, Elekid - combine Ice Punch and Thunderpunch," Caden ordered as Elekid, who was still in the air, pulled back both it's arms - one glowing a bright blue, and the other glowing a bright yellow. Using the force of gravity, Elekid accelerated downwards towards Grovyle with both arms outward - Shibi had no time to make a command before Grovyle was hit by the full force of the attack. A shockwave of blue and yellow energy pulsed throughout the battlefield. When the smoke cleared, Elekid was left on the ground, panting, but Grovyle was motionless - completely defeated. "Grovyle is unable to battle!" the referee called, raising the green flag in his left hand. The scoreboard flashed, and the circle containing the image of Grovyle went black.

"That's rather impressive" Shibi chuckled, returning Grovyle to is Pokeball. "But now, you're dealing with this!" he shouted, chucking his second Pokeball onto the battlefield, which opened up to reveal a Leafeon. Caden started at it for a minute before turning back to Elekid. "Elekid can't take on another Pokemon in its current state" he thought as he returned Elekid to its Pokeball. "Good work, Elekid - you did quite well" he muttered as he removed another Pokeball from his bag. Caden hurled it onto the battlefield, and it opened up, revealing his Glaceon. Elekid's image on the scoreboard turned to black-and-white, as the second circled under Caden's picture lit up, depicting his Glaceon.

"Interesting...it seems we're going to be having an Eeveelution showdown" Shibi commented. "That seems to be the case..." Caden answered as the referee raised both arms. "Gym Leader Shibi has selected Leafeon to be his final Pokemon while the challenger, Caden, has switch out his Elekid for Glaceon. With that, let the battle continue!" the referee called...

~ ~ ~

Leafeon stood on the ground, panting weakly - Glaceon, on the other hand, stood calmly, nearly unscathed. Shibi stared blankly at the battlefield, apparently dazed by the fact that the entire arena had been completely encased with ice and frost. "Grr...Leafeon! Take this match with Solarbeam!" Shibi yelled, seemingly losing his cool. "Glaceon, counter with Hail" Caden called calmly as he raised his arm. Leafeon raised its tail towards the ceiling of the greenhouse as a small orb of energy started to form. However, before the attack was nearly finished charging, Caden's Glaceon had already fired a blue sphere upwards towards the ceiling, which expanded, encompassing the entire battlefield - then, black clouds formed near the ceiling, blocking out all sunlight before shards of ice began to fall upon the battlefield. "Oh no, since the hail is blocking out the sunlight, Leafeon's Solarbeam will take twice as long to charge, not to mention the fact that its power will be cut in half" Shibi groaned as he gritted his teeth.

"Now, Glaceon, before that attack is done charging energy, hit Leafeon with Blizzard," Caden called as Glaceon let out a roar - immediately, a huge gust of ice and snow charged at Leafeon, making a direct hit - it was knocked backwards, its Solarbeam now nothing but a failed attempt. "Now, Glaceon, use Shadow Ball and Ice Beam, then fire with Iron Tail!" He declared as Glaceon gave a short nod. Quickly, it shot up three shadowy blobs into the air, following it up immediately with a blast of turquoise energy. Glaceon then proceeded to jump up into the air, its tail glowing silver before somersaulting and smashing It into the three frozen blobs - they burst upon impact, shards of blue and purple crashing down upon Leafeon. Leafeon was down.

"Leafeon is unable to battle. Glaceon is the winner - the victory goes to the challenger, Caden!" The referee called, raising the green flag again. The image of Leafeon on the scoreboard was blacked out, then the picture of Caden was enlarged and moved to the middle of the screen, the word "Congratulations!" written below. "Leafeon, return - good work" Shibi said, recalling his Pokemon before turning to Caden. "Nicely done, Glaceon" Caden whispered, stroking Glaceon on the head before recalling it into its Pokeball. He then turned to face Shibi, who handed him the Flora Badge. Caden graciously accepted it before thanking Shibi, then left the gym to go heal up at the Pokemon Center.

"It's OK, I'll just get something on the way to the Fields," said Stellar, just as she detached a Pokeball from the hem of her skirt, "Alright then, let's go Skarmory."

Stellar tossed the Pokeball lazily in the air, and as it descended onto the ground, it popped open, revealing an ironclad bird Pokemon. The knife-like wings of this Pokemon may have looked heavy, but in truth they were ideal for lifting even its own body weight, let alone the light Stellar that would be on its back.

"Our current destination is Immortafreeze City," Stellar told the Skarmory, "Now make haste,"

With that, the Skarmory took off into the distance.

"Oh, I remember that thing now," Leon mentioned, having recalled the contraption that Team Rocket had used against Raikou, "And you say you've built a similar one? Alright then, we'll take that with us. We probably won't have time to set it up before we initiate the ambush, but anyway..."

Leon looked around a bit to see who was available to go with him on his little skirmish.

"Hmm... suppose we'll just have to take everyone we can," Leon stated cynically

About 1-2 hours later, a Draconius squadron about 12-strong lay hidden in the desolate wasteland of the Barren Colosseum. A Staraptor, seemingly identical to the one that had tried to spy on Stellar earlier, was carrying a peculiar package on its talons, and flapped its wings slowly to control its descent, positioning the package in the centre of the Colosseum. Once the package had been rested on the ground, the Staraptor immediately flew over to Leon's side where he was hiding.

"Good job, Falcon," Leon whispered to the Predator Pokemon, "Now all we need to do is wait..."

...Earlier...

Desu
Riding on his Pidgeot fulfilling his duties as an Elite Four member, Desu decided to check to see if there is any suspicious activity near Lavralyn Volcano. As he hovered above Gradnis Forest, he noticed that there was a fire starting, "What's going down there?" Desu thought as he commanded his Pidgeot to descend on that general location. "One little detour can't hurt can it?" Desu was slowly looking through the Gradnis Forest, with his knowledge of Bug-type pokemon he knew that the pokemon he was looking for that might've started the fire was a stray Larvesta that had gotten stranded in this foroest rather than in its home. Being a Bug specialist he would be able to hear the specific cries of the different Bug pokemon so that he can figure out if it's Larvesta and if so, the location of said pokemon. Focused in one place, Desu blanked all thoughts from his mind in order to focus more on the sounds on the outside, ideally he was looking for the sound of a flickering flame since he knew that Larvesta was part fire-type but he feared that he might be in the wrong part so he moved on, then he heard a flickering flame in his left ear and ran off to find it.
When he located the stray Larvesta, Desu sent out his Volcarona to ask why Larvesta looks so Distressed. It turned out that Larvesta was attacked from its home in the magma forest and ended up in Gradnis Forest via a log, Desu understood, hopped onto Pidgeot to pick up Larvesta safely and headed towards Magma Forest to drop off Larvesta before heading to Lavralyn Volcano to do his job.

Now...

Silver and Alex
Standing on the outside of Gradnis Forest, Alex noted how big the forest was saying that there's a chance that they could get lost, Silver nodded his head replying, "Yeah it'll be like venturing through Viridian Forest and that took hours to go through."

As they walked towards the entrance of the forest, a flock of Starly flown past, and Silver's attention swiftly turned towards them. "I want a Starly for my team." As Silver focused on the Starly that he wanted to capture, he got Totodile's pokeball, ran across the fields so that the Starly didn't get away and throw his pokeball upwards and calling an attack. "Totodile, come on out and use Ice Punch!" As Totodile emerged from his pokeball, he launched upwards with as much momentum as possible and just about struck Starly down with a super effective hit. "Now go pokeball!" Silver lobbed the ball with confidence knowing that he wouldn't need to inflict any more damage, and after 3 nudges, sparkles surrounded the ball signalling Starly's capture and with that the boys agreed to enter the forest.

As soon as they entered, something was amiss as there were less pokemon around as there should be. "Silver, don't you think that there should be more wild pokemon around here?" "Yeah, I agree Alex, something must've happened." After sniffing around the area Silver came to a rough conclusion. "I can smell flames, coming from the north-west not far from our location, let's run!"

5 minutes later the boys had reached a small clearing and as expected there was a fire. "A pokemon must've caused this." Silver said thinking that it might've been in self defence. "That sounds logical my friend, and it had to be a forest dwelling pokemon at that, then again not many forest dwelling pokemon can use fire-type moves." Sitting at a standstill, the boys stroked their chins almost in deep thought until Silver got out his pokedex and searched forest dwelling pokemon... after a 3-second wait a list of results came up and he scrolled down to the bottom of the list, he then closed the pokedex and turned to Alex. "It must've been a Larvesta, a Bug/Fire-type, though I wouldn't think they'd dwell here right?"

"Where do you think it's gone?" Alex asked looking around the area. "Maybe someone else found the Larvesta and offered to take it home. somewhere warmer perhaps?" Silver replied stroking his chin wondering if someone had picked up Larvesta why they didn't put out the fire. "Totodile, use your strongest Water Gun to douse the fire, Alex you throw some dirt on the fire."

The boys picked up some dirt from the surrounding area and threw it on the fire to stop it spreading whilst Totodile tried its hardest to douse the flames with Water Gun. It was a long and ardous task and after 10-15 minutes, the fire had been completely put out. "Phew!" Silver said in relief knowing that an ecological disaster was averted, unfortunately they had gotten lost and had to backtrack to find the correct path through the forest.

Vasi smiled at Rose, and flung her arms around his neck, which normal wouldn’t have worked, but thankfully Vasi was short for her age and easily able to hug Rose without too much of an awkward height difference.

“Thank you! You know you are so sweet!” Vasi squealed with excitement, “Oh, wait one second, here’s the money for a new Super Potion I would to have you waste some of your items on what is now my Pokemon. Especially since I was careless enough not to bring any medical items to a forest, I really feel stupid for that move.” Vasi giggled half at her own scatter brainedness and half at the chatting Pokemon below her. She knelt down so that she was curled into a ball, and brought her hand out to tickle Spinarak who seemed happy with this. “Oh come now you sweet little thing, come to mama.” Vasi played on the ground, like a little child one might add, with her new Pokemon.

“Hmm… My journey?” Vasi said bringing her attention back to Rose, “Well that’s pretty easy to answer; I wanted to see the world. For so long the people on Three Island were oppressed by Team Rocket, that when I was finally able to leave I toke the chance and held on till my knuckles turned white. And… to fulfill a promise, on my tenth birthday, two kids a boy and a girl came to my village and liberated us from Team Rocket, and they made me promise that I would go on a journey for them,” Vasi said a smile on her face the whole time, her heart feeling light at reminiscing on old times.

-----

Issabella landed smack dab in the center of Magma Forest, and recalled Pidgeot to its Pokeball as she assessed her surroundings. Well one thing you could tell right off the bat, it was hot and Issabella was wearing a full dress… and heels. Well, then again she wasn’t exactly the type for physical labor, but oh well.

“Well I have a lot of ground to cover, and not a lot of time there are still two more locations in this area that I need to cover, but the best place to look for Team Draconius will be close to the area were Reshiram is rumored to live.”

An hour later with no sign of Team Draconius or Reshiram Issabella decided to move on, and found herself at the pass between the Barren Coliseum and Lavralyn Volcano.

-----

High above the Barren Coliseum cloaked in a Draconius Helicopter, Moira sat ready at the controls waiting for Dialga to emerge, and her hand steady of the controls to her device.

“Alright Leon, I’ll control the device from up here, once its activated it’ll be your job, and the rest of the grunts job, but let’s admit it what can they do, to capture Dialga. The machine will weaken it somewhat, but it will still be a challenging foe, be careful and don’t underestimate it.” With that Moira clicked the com off, and readied the station for the bait.

“Activate on my mark.” 

Silver and Alex
Still walking through Gradnis Forest, boredom was starting to set in, Alex started yawning and Silver got out his Cygrus league manual and started reading. Skimming through the pages, Silver noticed the words 'Azelea Town' on one of the pages very briefly and instinctively said to Alex "Hey Alex remember when we were in Azelea Town?" Alex immediately turned to Silver after making conversation. "Yeah, why do you ask?" "No reason. You remember that story, the old couple told us about their grandson accidentily walking into the Azelea Town gym?" Silver said putting his manual back in his bag. "Didn't they say that their grandson went to train in an unknown region or something?"

"Yeah--... Oww." Before Silver could complete his sentence, he tripped over what he thought was a big stone, but Alex said, "You tripped over a Shroomish." Instead of attacking the boys, Shroomish walked away, however as soon as Alex mentioned a Shroomish, Silver had gotten himself up and said to Alex, "I want that Shroomish." "I saw it first, so that Shroomish is mine." Both trainers got out their pokeballs getting ready to battle, but Alex threw his pokeball first sending out his Cyndaquil. "Cyndaquil, Ember!" Cyndaquil had fired small embers at the Shroomish which made contact and caused Shroomish  to run around in agony, just as Alex prepared a pokeball, Silver had thrown his as the pokeball he got out to prepare for battle was an empty one, after 3 nudges, sparkles surrounded the pokeball signalling Shroomish's capture.

As they continued along the path, Alex tried complaining to a smug-looking Silver, "That was my catch." "Relax, at least you didn't start another fire, besides you only wanted it because I wanted it." Alex gave no response other than looking away. It wasn't long before an opening came into view and the surrounding area was brightening up with signifies that they were almost out of the forest. The boys were starting to breathe sighs of relief because they had been walking around the forest for quite some time and when they reached the exit they shared a manly hug, then Silver pointed out that there was a town nearby, as for Alex who assumed that it must be Gradnis village stormed off ahead of Silver wanting to get there first.

---

Desu
When Desu touched down on the foot of Lavralyn Volcano, he made sure he was hidden so that Team Draconius wouldn't detect him. After a good look around the foot of the Volcano, he got out his supplies to find a disguise so that he wouldn't be recognised, so he put on nerdy glasses, and a suit that a supply teacher would wear as well as a black tie. "I'm all set." Desu said as he returned Pidgeot to his pokeball and reached for a pair of binoculars to spy on the enemy.

Rose was caught off-guard by Vasi's embrace. His face burned a red as deep as a Charmeleon, and his eyes went wider than a Hoothoot's. He tentatively put his arms on Vasi's back in an awkward attempt to reciprocate the hug. "H-Hey...D-Don't mention it..." He pulled away from her and smiled as she attempted to hand him some money. "No, please, I don't want our money, nor do I need it. My parents gave me plenty, and if you haven't bought any healing items, you'll need your money." He paused, his cheeks still possessing a pink tinge. "Besides, that's what friends are for." He patted her hand and curled her fingers back around her money.

He smiled as he watched her play with Spinarak, sitting down in front of them cross-legged. When she answered his question, he nodded. "A promise...And a will to see the world...I can understand that." Rose turned to Togetic, who was still playing with Venonat. "When Togetic first hatched, he saw a Salamence fly over our home in Undella Town. He tried so hard to fly after it, he ended up rolling down the beach and falling into Undella Bay. Thankfully, a Jellicent saved him. Ever since then, I promised him I'd help him evolve into a Togekiss." Rose smiled warmly. "And when the time came that we felt we were ready for our journey, I made another promise to him...That together, we'd be the best trainers we could be, and help everyone we met to the best of our abilities." He paused. "Also, my mom was a coordinator, and my father was a trainer-turned-sommelier, so training was in my blood." Togetic flitted over next to Rose and nuzzled him before settling in his lap. Heracross jumped down from her tree and glared at Rose, before delivering a swift Horn Attack to his ribs. He gasped and flopped to the ground, Togetic laughing uncontrollably. Heracross chuckled briefly.

• • •

Nathan's helicarrier docked at Evraflow Tower. Standing there, waiting with his coattails blowing in the wind was Judas Renict. "Nathan Azure...I could've sworn you were going to be in the Evraflow Conference this year. You're a bit late, and you're at the wrong spot to start your journey." Judas smiled wryly.

Nathan laughed heartily. "No, I'm afraid not. My younger brother Caden will be taking my place. I notified Rectus ahead of time." Nathan looked at Judas, sizing him up. "You must be Judas. You look far older than the Desu I've heard of, and you certainly aren't a woman."

Judas nodded, smiling. "You have that much correct. Come, let us go to my quarters where we will discuss the nature of this visit."

Caden received his Pokemon back from Nurse Joy, then exited the building as he stuffed Glaceon and Elekid's Pokeballs into his bag. He made his way to the outskirts of Gradnis Village, turning back towards the small, foliage-rich town one more time before starting his trip to Terramean City. The path to Terramean City would involve passing through the Alluvium Desert, which was known for its vigorous sandstorms - luckily, the weather forecast saw no rough weather for the day, which made travelling through the desert safer than usual.

Not long after Caden began trekking through the desert, he encountered what appeared to be a giant sand castle - he checked the map on his Pokedex and discovered that this landmark was known as the Sand Citadel. Deeming it to be interesting, Caden entered the structure and found himself in a maze which gradually ascended throughout the building - quite similar to that of Brandon's Battle Pyramid. Not wanting to get lost, yet having the curiosity to explore the structure, Caden reached into his bag and removed a Pokeball, which he then opened. A white light emerged from the Pokeball, and Glaceon appeared alongside Caden. "Glaceon, can you use Ice Beam on the ground behind us as we walk around?" Caden asked, to which Glaceon nodded happily. With that, Caden and Glaceon began to venture into the maze, Glaceon leaving specks of its Ice Beam along the way.

After encountering several dead ends, traps, and wild Gravelers here and there, Caden had made it to the top level of the Sand Citadel. Seeing a staircase that seemed to lead to the roof of the structure, Caden began walking towards it - however, as he began doing so, a small green spike protruded out of the ground in front of his feet. Immediately upon seeing it, Caden jumped backwards to stay a safe distance away from whatever it turned out to be. Suddenly, Caden felt the ground rumble as one by one, more green spikes popped out of the ground, forming a circle around Caden and Glaceon. Then, all of a sudden, each of the spikes appeared to burst out of the ground, causing several small ruptures of sand around him. Caden looked around quickly, and was surprised to see what had appeared all around him.

Caden found himself face-to-face with roughly twenty Larvitar. The small, green creatures looked him up and down, the one Caden first jumped away from leering at him all the while. "Lar, lar-vi-tarr!" it called, raising its small green head. At the call, the rest of the Larvitar immediately assumed their battle positions. "That one must be the pack leader, then" Caden thought, glancing at the one he had first encountered. "And it doesn't seem like I'll be able to leave here without calming this pack down. But to do that without hurting them all...there's only one way..." he continued as he glanced down at Glaceon. "Glaceon, let's go," Caden commanded as Glaceon nodded, jumping out in front of him.

The Larvitar leader raised its claw, ordering the rest of the Larvitar to attack. "Glaceon, use Icy Wind on that one!" Caden called, pointing at the leader. "Gla-ce-ooon, glaa~" Glaceon called as it raised its head, letting out a light stream of frigid air - the leader of the Larvitar was ensnared by the frozen wind and was pushed back onto the staircase. Immediately, the rest of the Larvitar ceased their attacks and began jumping towards their fallen leader. "Glaceon, intercept with an Ice Beam on the ground," Caden called quickly as Glaceon leapt up into the air and fired off a beam of turquoise energy directly in front of the rushing Larvitar. Ice built up on the ground little by little until what appeared to be a wall of ice was created. "Good work, Glaceon! Follow up with Yawn!" Caden called as Glaceon let out a small pink bubble, which headed straight for the Larvitar leader. Upon impact, the leader fell over, fast asleep. Caden reached into his bag for a Pokeball, then hurled it at the fallen Larvitar - it shook three times while flashing red, then stopped, signaling Larvitar's capture.

Caden smiled at Glaceon, returning it as he picked up Larvitar's Pokeball off the ground. He looked around at the remaining Larvitars, who looked on with a mixture of shocked and confused emotions. Eventually, upon seeing that they were given no more commands, they each sunk back down into the sand on the ground. Caden took this opportunity to ascend the staircase onto the roof. He stood on the roof, enjoying the soft desert wind before glancing off into the distance - there, he was able to see the outskirts of Terramean City. He sighed before heading back down the Citadel, following the trail Glaceon's Ice Beam had left earlier.

• • •

Rectus stood on Salamence as they flew back towards Evraflow City after examining the Spacial Ruins, glancing down at his Xtransceiver to check the time. "Nathan should be at the Evraflow Headquarters by now..." he thought. "Salamence, can you go a bit faster? I need to meet up with someone soon" he asked, stroking Salamence on the neck. Salamence smiled, letting out an affirmative grunt before accelerating through the sky.

Archived