Pokemon Paramount Ventures: The Legendary Cygrus Region; Co-Hosted by Dharc [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

Zextra

"Falcon, fetch me that package again," Leon ordered his Staraptor, which flew off immediately after the package that it had dropped off at the centre of the Colosseum.  However, the second it dropped of the package in Leon's arms, Falcon immediately charged straight for the Dialga to perform a mighty Close Combat. It couldn't have picked a better timing; Dialga had already just been suppressed by the machine, and was unable to evade the incoming Close Combat. Instead, Dialga had tried to fire off a Metal Burst, but Falcon soared away again, only suffering a scrap to one of its talons.

Leon, however, had already tore open the package to reveal a bazooka of some kind, and fired it to release a net. Some Spikes from Skarmory had been launched in an attempt to intercept the path of the net, but the misguided Spikes only helped pin the net down to the ground. Leon sent out his Alakazam.

"Alakazam, Teleport Dialga to the Containment Sector, hurry!" Leon commanded, before turning to see how the others were doing, "Alright, just what the hell's going on here?"

Magnezone couldn't have been more relaxed as it dodged one Will-o-Wisp another; now that Moira's helicopter was attached to one of Magnezone's magnets each Will-o-Wisp it dodged was only throwing off the aim of the next. Several of them still managed to clip Magnezone's body, but it wasn't still concerned. After all, it still had the upper hand, and wasn't about to let that helicopter fly off and return to base any time soon.

"Now... teach that pilot a lesson with Gyro Ball, Magnezone," said a confident Stellar.

Suddenly, the helicopter began spinning around and around at a violent speed, with Magnezone starting to descend as it got up to speed. The assault was going well for Stellar... right up until she managed to catch eye on Leon with the net-launching bazooka.

"Skarmory, use Spikes," Stellar quickly ordered, but it was too late. Skarmory had started to launch its Spikes, but Dragonite's Outrage managed to throw it off by collision, with some Spikes digging into one of the Dragon Pokemon's wing. As Leon had Alakazam transport the Temporal Pokemon back to their base, Stellar could only watch in dismay, whilst Skarmory, pissed off with the Dragonite, launched a Brave Bird straight for its underbelly.

Lucario, having blown away the Mightyena it needed to in order to break free from the pack, was now rushing past and trying to locate Isabella, using its Extreme Speed in order to try and outpace several Crobat that have now emerged from the grunts' Pokeballs to give pursuit. As it skidded to a halt, Lucario immediately tossed one of Isabella's Pokeballs at random, hoping the Pokemon inside would be strong enough to hold off the multitude of Crobat. Then, Lucario began freeing Isabella from her bounds, while the Crobat were undoubtedly busy trying to handle the mystery Pokemon in their way.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Oh, well looks like Hydreigon’s a troublemaker… I like her already,” Vasi laughed trying to lighten the mood, “Well, it was tough considering I had two bug Pokemon, but Venomoth’s Energy Ball came in handy.” Retrieving their Pokeballs Rose and Vasi left the Pokemon Center  leaving the troubles of Terramean behind hoping for a new start in Flamvius. 

When crossing the bridge Vasi recognized the boy who she had first been on a journey with, who Rose identified as Caden. It toke Vasi a minute to figure out what he meant by Sinnoh Champion, and then figured out where she had recognized him from. He had been on TV for his battle. “Yeah, I guess,” Vasi said smiling, but preoccupied by the amount of people gathering on the bridge.

A big whoosh could be heard as a man, who Vasi recognized as one this regions Elite Four, sailed in on his Braviary, and challenge Caden to a battle, which he accepted. “I think the other guy has a better chance of winning, the Elite Four of this region are one of the most powerful in the world I’ve heard.” Vasi whispered back answering Rose’s question.

As soon as the battle began though Vasi back away startled by Judas’ ferocity something about him made her cringe, and only back away further when Rose placed his hand on her chest. “Rose, this man… he scares me.” Vasi whispered softly.

----

Moira struggled with the controls of the helicopter as it spun violently being dragged to the ground by the Magnezone. As they closed in on the ground the propellers of the helicopter  cut into the ground shredding both the propellors and the ground to pieces. As it spiraled out of control the tail rotor shaft hit a tree and broke off as the helicopter finally came to a halt tilted to the side.

Disoriented Moira returned Gardevior to its Pokeball, and stumbled out of the damaged chopper thankful that her research had not been damaged, and that the helicopter could eventually be repaired. All the data she had had on the computer was thankfully wiped as well, just in case the League did get control of the wreckage, they wouldn’t be able to figure out what she was working on.

Moira turned to see Dialga gone, which meant one of two things: that it had escaped, or they had successfully captured it. Since her machine was nowhere in sight Moira assumed the latter. On to the immediate matter; take out those pesky Pokemon, who all happened to be Steel-Type. What a coincidence… or not. “Dragonite to me!” Moira called as Dragonite recovered from the Brave Bird to its soft underbelly. Realizing the extent of the damage Dragonite had sustained Moira returned it opting for a Pokemon who wasn’t tired to face the Steel-Types.

“Glaceon, Seviper, Roserade!” Moira said calling out the new Pokemon, which though the were bad type match-ups to face the Steel-Types they were her most powerful Pokemon, and had the best synergy with each other. “Glaceon use Ice Beam to trap that Lucario! Seviper Dragon Tail on that Skarmory! Roserade Shadow Ball on Magnezone!” Glaceon fired the frozen beam of energy creating a cone shaped barrier around Lucario and Issabella, with an open top, and went to engage them, but was intercepted by Espeon who had been released by Lucario.

The two Pokemon stared each other down, growling as they circled each other sizing the other up. Espeon was the first to make a move launching a Shadow Ball at Glaceon, who blocked with a Barrier attack. Just then a loud crash was heard as something large and heavy broke through the ice barrier.

----

The Pokemon released from the Pokeball was Issabella’s Espeon, who easily dispatched the Crobat with several Psyshocks the pink energy zapping the purple bat Pokemon as they quickly dropped from the skies. Finished with them Glaceon rushed the length of the ice barrier to face Moira’s Glaceon.

Inside the barrier Issabella stood up thanking Lucario for its help, and reached over to grab her Pokeballs, which Glaceon had foolishly trapped in here with her. Picking up Metagross’ she tossed in the air, “Metagross please handle this barrier,” Issabella said as Metagross hefted one of its large feet and thrust it through the barrier.

Both Metagross and Issabella emerged from the large hole in the wall, much to the dismay of Glaceon. “Metagross Flash Cannon!” Issabella called as the sliver ball of energy was flung towards Glaceon and Moira. 

Judas sneered as the smoke cleared. Snorlax had collapsed, no doubt defeated. "I-Impossible...!" He didn't care that Glaceon had been KO'ed as well; he was overcome with rage at Snorlax's defeat. He growled, and there was a massive CRACK as a bolt of red lighting shot down from the now dark heavens, spearing the sea and turning it the color of blood. The waters seethed and crashed. Waves slammed into the shoreline, and lightning flashed in the sky. The people gathered around the bridge fled into their homes.

Then, just like that, it was over. The skies cleared, the lightning abated, and the waters calmed. Judas and Snorlax, were nowhere to be seen...

{MEANWHILE...}

Rose found himself hugging Vasi as the storm raged. After it was over, he realized what he was doing and let go, embarrassed. Togetic had popped out of his Cherish Ball during all of this and was conflicted over whether he should laugh about Rose's embarrassment or worry about what had happened. Finally, he ended up hugging Rose, still a little scared.

Rose gently rubbed Togetic's head as he walked over to Caden. "Hey, Caden, are you and Glaceon okay?" he asked, concerned.

Nathan walked over to where Caden and Rose were. "Oh, you're...Blackwood, right?" He extended his hand. "I'm Nathan Azure. Caden's big bro and Johto Champion extraordinaire. Nice to see you and my brother are friends."

{ELSEWHERE...}

Thunder raged in the thick clouds over Gloomdelta. However, there was no storm...Inside the thick cloud layer, there was a small pinprick of light. This pinprick of light was the gateway to another dimension...A dimension of seals and barriers, a dimension of weakness. In this dimension, the gateway to the Land of Storms resided, both the entrance and exit locked tightly...

The Land of Storms was a world composed of one massive black cloud that eternally arced with lightning and howled with wind, floating over a tumultuous sea. Two forms soared in and out of the cloud. The blue, serpentine one roared, and electricity crackled around it. A bolt of red lightning shot from its maw into the cloud, and the cloud flared with red light, crimson sparks falling into the sea below.

Meanwhile, the green avian beast watched on in quiet contemplation, wondering why his brother was so frustrated...

Caden looked up and saw Rose approaching him, as well as the girl he met just upon arriving at Cygrus. "Oh, I didn't properly introduce myself last time. My name is Caden; nice to meet you," Caden greeted the girl before turning back to Rose. "I'm alright...but Glaceon might be out of commission for a while..." he muttered softly, looking down sadly at the badly injured, whimpering Pokemon in his arms. He turned around and hugged the injured Glaceon, closing his eyes. "Glaceon...I'm sorry for pushing you like that..." he whispered before holding up Glaceon's Pokeball and returning it.

"I need to head to the Flamvius Pokemon Center quickly, so please excuse me," Caden declared softly as he climbed up the edge of the bridge. "I'll meet you all at at Flamvius Town," he announced before removing a Pokeball from his bag - the Heavy Ball that Nathan had just given him earlier - and jumped off towards the water underneath.

As Caden fell downwards, he dropped the Pokeball below him, where it opened to reveal the Carracosta. Carracosta landed on the water and Caden landed atop its shell. "Carracosta, Aqua Jet," he called as the Prototurtle Pokemon shrouded itself with a blue veil of water. Suddenly, it rocketed ahead towards Flamvius Town. Not long after, Carracosta had arrived on the shore of Flamvius Town. "Good work," Caden said as he returned the turtle to its Pokeball. He then ran to the Pokemon Center, where he quickly checked in Glaceon to Nurse Joy.

Caden then took a seat in the waiting lounge and let out a deep sigh. "Judas Renict...he's a strange one..." he thought, closing his eyes as he rested his head atop his arms.

Skarmory was just Roosting off the damage caused by the recoil of the Brave Bird attack when all of a sudden, Seviper had come out from nowhere and was trying to use Dragon Tail on it. But Stellar was onto that in an instant, having seen the Seviper coming from a mile away.

"Whirlwind," Stellar ordered, turning away just as the Armor Bird Pokemon started to whip up a violent squall to push Seviper away, only to see that Magnezone wasn't doing too well against Roserade for some reason, "Empoleon, you're up. Use Ice Beam while that Roserade has its back turned,"

It wasn't until Chandelure had dived after Glaceon and saved it from Metagross' Flash Cannon that Leon finally got himself a battle plan. He knew that Chandelure had a type advantage and was much faster than Metagross, so it should be able to handle it just fine. Then there was Espeon; this seemed to hint at Isabella running Psychic-types only, considering she was an Elite 4 member, so Bisharp would play a key role for the most part. The only thing that concerned Leon was Lucario, who'd likely be the most admirable adversary. However, he still had Breloom, who was barely doing much of anything at this stage of the game.

"Bisharp, I choose you!" Leon called as he tossed his third Pokeboll, before turning to his other two Pokemon that were already out onto the battlefield, "Chandelure, slide underneath Metagross and use Overheat, and Breloom, I need you over here immediately."

Chandelure and Breloom did as instructed, as a new Pokemon was summoned at Leon's feet, poised to attack.

"Right... Bisharp, go straight after that Espeon, and Breloom, run alongside and intercept that Lucario if it gets too close," ordered Leon. And with that, the two Pokemon were off, with Bisharp running at full speed whilst Breloom was trying to keep up. As Leon anticipated, Lucario had already tried running towards Bisharp, but Breloom had instinctively Tackled into it, pushing it out of the way. Leon left the two Pokemon to their own devices, concentrating solely on Bisharp.

Meanwhile, back at Team Draconius' headquarters, scientists were already gathering around the Containment Sector, anticipating the arrival of their latest captive. Just then, Leon's Alakazam had arrived inside one of the containment blocks, with Dialga right behind it. Alakazam managed to sneak out a trapdoor in the floor of the block, just as Diagla managed to break free from the net that Leon fired on it earlier, but it was too late for the Temporal Pokemon. A circular steel wall had slammed itself around the glass, and the trapdoor was closed and sealed in an instant. Coral was up in the main control panel, appearing impatient.

"Finally... took them long enough," Coral muttered, before turning to what appeared to be a film crew of sorts, "You lot, fire up that broadcassst."

Silver:
Exiting the Terramean pokemon center, Silver looked to his pokenav to see where he was to go next. "So it seems I need to go to Flamvius Town just across the Levia Bridge." He thought in his head whilst he wondered where Alex was.

... Meanwhile ...

Alex:
"That's it Cyndaquil, subdue that Skarmory." Alex mused as he was trying to capture a Skarmory in the desert. Normally visibility would be low because of sandstorms in Alluvium Desert, but today there wasn't a sandstorm in sight. "Cyndaquil, Flame Wheel!" Alex called out as Cyndaquil rolled up into a blazing ball and rolled towards Skarmory, striking the Armor Bird pokemon back a fair distance.

With a Keen Eye for revenge, Skarmory charged towards the Fire Mouse pokemon with a Steel Wing, inflicting quite a bit of damage to Cyndaquil because Alex's desire to capture Skarmory had overwritten any protocols to dodge attacks until the Armor Bird pokemon almost attacked Alex before turning for another assault. "Use Flamethrower!" As Skarmory headed towards Cyndaquil for a second time, a sandstorm started raging. This was problematic because Alex didn't expect it coming and Skarmory couldn't see where its target was, thus it was struck with a super effective hit of Flamethrower.

"Go pokeball!" Alex tried again, chucking a 5th pokeball at the Armor Bird pokemon. Half the previous attempts at capture failed because of the sandstorm, and the other attempts failed because Skarmory broke free, but Alex was determined this time, sweat rolled down his face as the pokeball struck Skarmory. first shake... second shake... third shake... sparkles surrounded the pokeball, signalling Skarmory's capture, and now Alex's initiative was to go back to the pokemon center and heal.

... Meanwhile ...

Silver:
Over an hour had past and Silver was still waiting at the foot of Levia Bridge. He sighed as he didn't know whether Alex had already crossed the bridge or he was training. "That's it. Whether he is ahead or not, I'm crossing this bridge." Silver thought as saw three routes connecting Terramean and Flamvius, he looked at his manual to see what route would be the quickest. "Hmm... if he is ahead of me, then the tram would be the quickest route across." However just as Silver was about to get onto the tram, a feint "Waaaaiiiittt!" was heard.

Silver and Alex:
"Hmph, I thought you had gotten ahead of me given that you had gotten your badge first." Silver said to Alex with little concern. "I would've gone ahead, buutt a Skarmory had caught my eye and I wanted to add it to my team, plus it provided me with extra training of course." Alex replied as Silver shrugged his shoulders giving a fair enough expression without actually saying it.

Since the boys didn't have bikes, they knew that walking across the bridge was a no-no. In addition, the option of using their water-type pokemon to cross wasn't a realistic one since they are still in their base stage, so their only option, to get to Flamvius before sundown was to take the tram.

As soon as they got to the tram terminal, a tram car was just about to leave which was convenient was Silver didn't want to be waiting around after having to wait for Alex earlier. When the tram car got going and headed below the bridge, the view was breathtaking. Water pokemon as far as the eye can see could be seen, from schools of Magikarp to a fierce group of Carvanha and a beautiful Lumineon. "Seeing all these water pokemon remind me of our time at the pokemon summer academy, right Silver?" "Yeah, don't remind me, my sketches during the water pokemon task was diabolical." "They weren't that bad." "Compared to yours?" Alex started laughing, then gave a little sigh as he turned to the direction that the tram car was going, and before they knew it, the tram car had almost reached the other side.

Leaving the tram car behind, the boys started to get used to the rocky terrain that would be leading them towards Flamvius. After their trip in the tram car, it didn't feel like they actually took the tram car as the journey was a quick one, and after 15 minutes, buildings had come into view, meaning that Flamvius Town was close by.

...Earlier...

Desu:
As soon as Dialga had disappeared from view completely, Desu knew that he had to retreat, and so he got out his xtransceiver and contacted Rectus. "Rectus, it's Desu. Sorry about the disguise, but I needed to make sure I wasn't detected. Should I head back to headquarters or ask for assistance and move on from my current location?" Desu waited for a reply whilst holding his Pidgeot's pokeball.

Vasi eased herself out of Rose’s arms shaking, but happy that the battle was over, and Judas was gone. Judas… that man something was off about him and she didn’t like it all, he scared her, something about him was dark, and mysterious. Vasi then gave a concerned look at Caden who was speeding off on Carracosta. Shaking herself out of the gloomy thoughts Vasi turned to the two boys and at a pause in the conversation interjected, “Hello, I’m Vasi. You’re the Johto Champion, that’s pretty amazing if you ask me, and it’s nice to meet you. So, Nathan where are you headed, me and Rose were just heading to Flamvius to get our third badges. Are you participating in the Cygrus League?”

-----

The whirlwind was strong enough to slam Seviper into the ground, which only served to anger it. Using its Coil attack Seviper sprung from the ground, much quicker this time, releasing a Haze attack in front of itself disguising the Fang Snake Pokemon. Clearing the smoke Seviper’s trajectory would take it straight over Skarmory, and on top of it back.

All the while Roserade wore a confident smirk as it launched attack after attack at Magnezone not giving it much time to respond when an Ice Beam hit it in the back knocking it from the tree it was using to match Magnezone’s height. Turning to find Empoleon, Roserade released a Petal Dance attack to provide both cover and attack both Pokemon at once. Under the protection of its Petal Dance Roserade used Sunny Day, and when the petals cleared the two Steel-Types would find a Sunny Day charged Weather Ball flying at each of them.

Meanwhile Glaceon was swept away just in time by Leon’s Chandelure, while Moira jumped out of the way of Flash Cannon. “Leon, what do want to do: Finish them off or get the hell out of here. Our mission is done, so whatever we do after this all fun and games,” Moira called over to Leon. Moira certainly hoped they could just leave, she didn’t particularly want to stay here, as it was frivolous, and Moira was not a frivolous woman.

-----

Metagross struggled to move away from Chandelure as it slid underneath it the heat on it underbelly unbearable. Its struggling bucked Issabella off it throwing her to the ground unable to see the battlefield while simultaneously trying to calm her Pokemon.

While this was happening though Espeon was caught off guard by Bisharp, and knowing it was no match for the Dark-Type looked to Lucario for help, but it was occupied with Breloom. Realizing it would have to deal with Bisharp on its own Espeon fired a Signal Beam attack at Bisharp, hoping to at least hold it off until Lucario help it. 

Rose and Nathan nodded at Vasi.  "Right," Nathan said, brandishing a Poké ball.  "Go, Empoleon!"  Nathan tossed the ball into the air, and the Emperor Pokémon popped out in a flash of light, landing in the water beneath the bridge.  Nathan then called upon Staraptor, who flew in a small circle in the air before landing next to his owner.  "Alright, I'm gonna hitch a ride on Empoleon.  You two can let Staraptor carry you; and don't worry, he's a big boy, so he can manage."  With that, Nathan went down the hill next to Levia Bridge and hopped onto Empoleon's back.  The Pokémon sped off with his trainer using Aqua Jet.

"Huh?" was all Rose could manage before Staraptor grabbed hold of his and Vasi's shirt collars and lifted them into the air before flying to Flamvius Town.  "W-Whoa!"

•      •      •

Rose and Vasi finally touched down with Staraptor outside the Flamvius Pokémon Center.  Rose looked inside to see Caden and Nathan talking by the transfer machine...

"Hey, Caden!  Professor Birch is on, so when you're ready, he can send Milotic on over."  Nathan sat down in a large, cushiony chair and picked up a magazine.  His eyes went wide as he looked at the cover.  Cygrus Elite Four Revealed!  The Complete Inside Scoop on page 42.  Nathan didn't need to be told twice.  He quickly flipped to the article, breezing past the sections on Desu, Isabella, and Stellar.  Finally, he came to Judas's profile.

Judas Renict

Birthday: April 1

Hometown: Petalburg City, Hoenn

Notable Accomplishments: Hoenn Grand Festival Runner-Up; Sinnoh Grand Festival Winner; Kanto Grand Festival Winner; Johto Grand Festival Winner; 7 Hoenn/Kanto Battle Frontier Symbols; 5 Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier Prints

Reason for Battling: "To prove that I am alive and a force to be reckoned with."

Team: Zangoose, Snorlax, Braviary, Bouffalant, Porygon-Z, Sawsbuck

Nathan was disappointed that that was the extent of the information.  He had hoped he could gather more intel on this mysterious man...Still, he had to admit, the list of accomplishments was staggering.  He had won three Grand Festivals (not counting multiple participations), along with becoming the runner-up in another.  He had also totally conquered both Battle Frontiers, which can be argued as more impressive than a Champion title.  "This guy...What IS he...?"

Entering Flamvius Town, Silver could most definately feel the heat, Alex on the other hand is used to the heat, not because he houses a fire-type on his team, but because he was New Bark Town's curry eating champion. Silver turned to smug looking Alex and said to him. "Y'know Alex, just because you've consistantly won the New Bark Town curry eating contest every year doesn't give you the right to look smug whilst we're in hotter locations."

"I guess you can't take the heat very well my friend." Alex replied looking away and sticking his tongue out for a brief moment, however their banter had attracted the unwanted attention from one of Flamvius' residents that Silver and Alex recognise.

"Well well well, if it isn't Silver Yuja and Alex Fubushi." The lad said with a suspicious looking grin on his face. "Leo Stevens!" Silver said with a surprised look on his face. "So this is where you ran off to after losing in the Lily of the Valley Conference 3rd round last year." Alex added not trying to annoy Leo. "You can talk Mr. No-Credentials." Leo replied successfully getting under Alex's skin. "Yeah, your best league record being Silver Conference quarter-finalist doesn't really count as having credentials at all." Silver added gaining a bro fist from Leo only to have Leo turn his attention to Silver. "What about you Indigo Underdog? You came here trying to win the Evraflow Conference?" "Of course, and don't call me the Indigo Underdog despite defying all odds and becoming the runner-up of the Indigo League a few years back."

"Hmph, I can call you whatever I like-" Before finishing his sentence, Alex's Cyndaquil fired a Flamethrower at Leo's face before jumping on his shoulder. "How about we settle this in a battle Leo!" Alex said in a stern voice wanting to settle things with Leo once and for all "You're foolish to think you can win, but I'll humour you."

"Ok Cyndaquil, you're up!" Cyndaquil leapt off Alex's shoulder ready to battle Drapion who was starting to get tired after the battle with Trapinch. Silver looked on from the sidelines with keen interest to see if Alex can defeat his rival.
"Drapion, Cross Poison attack!" Leo called as the Ogre Scorp pokemon leapt towards Cyndaquil with considerable speed, its pincers glowing purple ready to strike the waiting target. "Throw it off course with a Flame Wheel!" Cyndaquil rolled up into a flaming ball and proceeded to launch itself at Drapion, unfortunately, the Flame Wheel didn't hit, but the momentum from said attack caused Drapion to be knocked off course and crash into the ground. "Finish it with Flamethrower!" Cyndaquil safely hit the ground and upon Alex's command, jumped up and fired a Flamethrower at Drapion's back causing a huge amount of damage and the result of tht powerful attack, Drapion collapsed, unable to battle. "Looks like I win Leo, good match though." Leo looked away and gave a resounding hmph before walking away.

Silver walked over to Alex, congratulating him on a fine match before suggesting they go to the pokemon center to rest up before challenging the gym. Upon entry into the pokemon center, Silver went and purchased the next issue of Cygrus Monthly and the cover said Cygrus Elite Four Revealed! The Complete Inside Scoop on page 42. Silver thought "Not bad." and went to sit on a cushiony seat to read it, whilst Alex went to heal his pokemon. Remembering a previous conversation they had in Gradnis Forest, Silver turned to Desu's profile as he was the person Silver was most curious about.

Desu Crosstar
Birthday: May 22nd
Hometown: Azalea Town, Johto
Notable Accomplishments: Former Johto League Champion (Aged 12), Former Indigo league, Ever Grande conference and Lily of the Valley conference Semi-finalist, 7 Kanto Battle Frontier Symbols
Reason for Battling: "To show that despite the odds, I can win any match."
Team: Volcarona, Escavalier, Accelgor, Drapion, Heracross, Scizor

Silver closed the magazine, looked to the ceiling and wondered if he would ever become a seasoned battler before giving a sigh. He didn't want to admit it but Leo had gotten under his skin as well, calling him the Indigo Underdog, a title that Silver is secretly not proud of and one that he didn't want to be known by if he was recognised. When Alex returned with his healed up pokemon, both of them retreated to the sleeping quarters to rest.

All of a sudden, after a few switches were flipped by the crew, every single communications device was shut off; Xtranscievers, TVs, radios, the Internet... everything. This "blackout" only lasted for about 5 seconds before everything turned back on, even the devices that weren't running beforehand. However, all that could be seen on each screen after the "blackout" was Coral, standing behind the containment block that had currently encased Dialga.

"We've been cassst assside for too long..." Coral hissed, "...with Team Nebulusss alwaysss hogging the sssssspotlight. And now, after all theesss yearsss, we of Team Draconiusss have done a little ssssssomething that they were never able to accomplish. We... have... made... progresss!"

At Coral's right side, a screen popped up, revealing the trapped Dialga. As the viewers could see, Dialga was trying to ram its way out of the containment block, having no other options thanks to the machine on its back suppressing its temporal powers. But it was no use; the steel wall proved to have no give, not even with the mightiest charge that the Temporal Pokemon could muster. Coral however seemed ecstatic, snickering to herself as the poor Pokemon suffered.

"Behold, the Temporal Pokemon Dialga!" Coral exclaimed, throwing her arms over to the right in a show-offie presentation manner as she did so, "My commandersss have captured thisss magnifisssent beauty thisss morning; now we jussst need to capture the othersss and our world domination will be complete. And if any of you Elite 4 try to sssssstop usss, then I'll hunt you down to the endsss of the earth. Do you hear me?! TO THE ENDSSS OF THE EARTH!!"

Just as Coral finished off that last bit, the communications devices returned to normal.

"Let's just keep going; it's customary to keep battles going for as long as possible," Leon stated, before returning to Bisharp, "Bisharp, use Swords Dance,"

As it was running, Bisharp began to spin on its feet, deflecting most of the Signal Beam so it wouldn't take as much damage, and continued to spin until it managed to close the distance, skidding to a halt with one foot dragging along the ground as it stared Espeon down.

"Now hack away at that Espeon with Night Slash," Bisharp responded with a flurry of dark-aural slashes which may or may not have missed, before Leon turned his attention to Chandelure, who seemed to be worried about the way Metagross was moving, "Don't concern yourself with that Metagross; you have a type advantage against it and it's slow. Just keep above it and start firing off Flamethrowers at it. It'll give in eventually."

Chandelure nodded, and was about to do as instructed, but just as it was about to launch a Flamethrower, a sweeping motioned Hydro Pump from Empoleon was starting to draw near. Being the hydrophobic that it was, Chandelure immediately scurried further above to avoid, leaving it open for an attack.

Vasi laughed as Staraptor carried them across the ocean the rest of the way to Flamvius dusting herself off as Staraptor deposited them on the ground. “Well, that’s one way to ride in style,” Vasi giggled as wiped her brow from the heat in Flamvius. “Hey Rose, I’m going to go get my Gym Badge, and then find a nice cold building to rest in, k?” Vasi said over her shoulder walking in the direction of the Gym, “I’ll meet up with you at the Pokemon Center later today!”

~~~

Ten minutes later Vasi found herself in front of the Gym, panting a little from the heat, ready for her battle, “Hmm… that’s funny Rose usually challenges the Gym before I do, well I guess I won’t have to play catch-up this time.”  

Walking into the Gym Vasi felt relieved that there was air conditioning, but walking into the Gym the heat returned, “Awww, hell! I just can’t catch a break from all this heat,” Vasi sighed her head hanging.

“Come on! Its cooler in here than it is outside!” a blonde boy yelled from behind her, walking to the other side of the battlefield. “This battle won’t be fun if keep complaining about the heat, but I accept your challenge anyway as the Flamvius City Gym Leader!” The boy said spreading his arms wide indicating the desert battle field, which was blemished only by a few small rocks.

The announcer stepped up to the referee’s block yelling, “The battle between the challenger, Vasi, and the Gym Leader, Shubura, will now begin. Each side will only be allowed three Pokemon, and one side will declared the victor when all the opponents Pokemon are knocked out. Only the challenger may switch Pokemon. BATTLE BEGIN!”

“Go, Venomoth! Signal Beam!” “Go Camerupt! Flamethrower!” Both Vasi and Shubura declared as they revealed their first Pokemon.  Venomoth dodged the attack, and returned a Signal Beam, which Camerupt was to slow to dodge. Vasi smirked knowing that while it may not have the type advantage it certainly had speed on the Eruption Pokemon.

~~~

Simisear collapsed to the ground exhausted from Spinarak’s signature combination of poisoning and life draining, “Woo! Great job, Spinarak!” Vasi cheered from her side of the battlefield knowing Spinarak was tiring and that it needed encouragement.

“Don’t count me out yet! Go, Typholosion! Use Flame Wheel!” Typholosion curled into a ball rolling towards Spinarak hitting and knocking it out in one shot leaving both battlers down to their last Pokemon,

“Go, Lunatone!” the Meteorite Pokemon appearing in the center of the battlefield. “Use Rock Slide!” Using its psychic power several pieces of brick fell from the ceiling falling towards Typhlosion, but it was too fast dodging and going straight into a Rollout attack without Shubura even needing to say anything. Typholosion slammed into Lunatone, but as soon as Typholosion was on the ground it found itself rooted to the spot with Lunatone’s Ice Beam, which it melted, but it was just enough time for Lunatone to get off one more Rock Slide, which this time hit Typhlosion.

~~~

After a long grueling battle both Pokemon were becoming exhausted, and Lunatone was floating on its side. “Typholosion, use Eruption!”  Shubura called in a desperate attempt to take back the battle with the powerful attack, but it wasn’t enough. Due Typhlosion’s health being low the attack was weak, and Lunatone was able to get in a Psyshock ending the battle. “Woah! Congrats challenger, you gave me one HOT battle! In recognition of your achievement I present you with the Inferno Badge!”

~~~

Returning to their room, which Vasi had check-out from Nurse Joy, Vasi stepped out of the shower she had taken to rinse off all the sweat and grime, with on a towel covering her petite frame. As she was slipping on her shorts the power went out, but when it returned a strange woman was on the TV, boasting about the accomplishments of Team Draconius, and all Vasi could say was, “Its Team Rocket all over again…”

"Thanks, Nate," Caden sighed as Nathan directed him towards transfer machine. A screen flipped on, and Professor Birch's face appeared. "Why hello there, Caden - I take it you're ready to get Milotic back?" the middle-aged, slightly chubby professor asked, chuckling. "Yeah, thanks professor. I'll be needing Milotic right away, so you doing this is a big help to me," Caden smiled as the machine booted up. He watched as Professor Birch held up Milotic's Pokeball before placing it into the machine. Suddenly, there was a flash of light - when the light dissipated, a capsule on the transfer machine opened up and ejected a Pokeball. "Thanks again, Professor!" Caden declared as the machine began to boot off. "Anytime, Caden, and good luck!" Professor Birch responded before the screen went blank.

Following this, Caden headed for the front desk of the Pokemon Center, where Nurse Joy was there to attend to him. "Excuse me, Nurse Joy - what's the condition of my Glaceon?" he asked, worriedly. "Well, it seems your Glaceon suffered through quite the assault. It will make a full recovery, but it will take time, and I'm afraid it won't be able to battle for several days," Nurse Joy replied with a slight frown. "I see - thanks for letting me know. I'll be back to pick him up a bit later," Caden responded before approaching Nathan. "Nate, I'm going to challenge the gym first - I don't really have time to waste right now. Can you watch over Glaceon for me until I get back?" Caden asked with a worried tone. "I'll be back soon," he stated as he made his way to the exit of the Pokemon Center.

Not long afterwards, Caden had arrived at what appeared the Flamvius Gym, which took the form of a building built in the shape of a volcano, complete with smoke coming out from the top. He entered, where a young man with blonde hair was at the entrance to greet him, introducing himself as Shubura, the Gym Leader. Caden followed Shubura to the battlefield where the two began their battle.

• • •

Shubura's Typhlosion stood in combat against Caden's Milotic. "Typhlosion, use Thunderpunch! And combine that with Flame Wheel!" Shubura commanded suddenly, as the Volcano Pokemon let out a fierce roar. Its fist became encased with bright yellow energy before its body became encased in a fiery-red aura. Typhlosion spun around and launched itself into the air, then charging downwards, aiming straight at Milotic, the red and yellow energy spiraling throughout its body. "Naturally, he'd have a counter to water-types," Caden thought. "But I dont have the time to drag this on further; this needs to end now..." he continued before his eyes shut.

"Milotic, skid underneath and use Twister - then combine that with Dragon Pulse" Caden called before Milotic sprung into action. It did as it was told, quickly diving underneath the falling Typhlosion. Then, it lifted its tail, and in an instant, Typhlosion became engulfed by a tornado of rapid, air-slicing winds. Milotic proceeded to fire off a stream of blue energy at the spiraling tornado, which caused the destructive power of the added Dragon Pulse to engulf the Twister. Following a beautiful blast of blue light, the tornado dissipated, revealing an utterly annihilated Typhlosion falling through the air onto the ground. "Typhlosion is unable to battle; Milotic is the winner. That means the victory goes to the challenger, Caden!" the referee called, waving a green flag in the air.

Upon receiving the Inferno Badge from Shubura, Caden thanked him then left with Milotic at his side. "Thanks for your help today, Milotic - it feels so good to fight alongside you again!" Caden smiled as he stroked the Tender Pokemon on the head before returning it to its Pokeball. Then, he quickly made his way back to the Pokemon Center, where he immediately went to join up with Nathan and Glaceon.

Suddenly, the televisions around them had blacked out, only to be automatically turned on an instant later, where a sinister-looking woman was showing off her imprisoned Dialga and going on about how it was only a matter of time before the so-called "Team Draconius" would soon achieve world domination. Caden glanced up at Nathan with a shocked expression on his face.

Desu:
Whilst waiting for a reply from Rectus on what to do next, his xtransceiver switched off for 5 seconds and when it switched back on again, the leader of Team Draconius appeared on the screen. After hearing what she had to say, he clenched his fists and muttered out loud. "Team Draconius..." Heeding her warning, Desu decided to wait at his location whilst waiting for Rectus' reply.

... Earlier ...

Silver and Alex:
Resting inside the pokemon center for the night, the boys thought they would get a peaceful night's sleep but that was all going to change when the TV inside of their room suddenly turned on without warning. As the announcement had begun, Silver had woken up and rubbing his eyes, then swiftly turned to Alex. "Alex... did you lie on the remote." It wasn't long before Alex had woken up, he looked to see if he had slept on the remote but he couldn't find it, either way the boys turned to the TV to watch the announcement.

... The next morning ...

As the boys woke up they only had one thing on their minds, the Team Draconius announcement. Taking a sip from his coffee, Alex wondered. "Y'know given what the so-called Team Draconiu-whatchamacallit woman said, because she had captured that Dialga, I can tell that the she was being serious, and that they'd be a force to be reckoned with." "I agree, given that we were half asleep during the announcement, I'm surprised we was even able to remember it." Looking to the window, Silver continued. "Though I think we shouldn't worry about them for now, and focus on getting our 3rd badge."

Silver:
Winning the coin toss to determine who would challenge the gym first, Silver breathed heavily before heading to the gym which was shaped like a volcano with a pokeball symbol above the front door. Entering the gym, Silver had felt the change in temperature as the corridor had air conditioning, at the end Silver was greeted by a young man with blonde hair. "Welcome challenger, I'm Shubura the town's gym leader, now follow me."

Silver followed Shubura to the battlefield where the heat picked up again, instead of complaining about the heat like when he entered Flamvius, Silver had to man up, just in case Shubura could sense it. The battlefield looked like a dessert, blemished by a few small rocks and as the two combatants stepped onto their respective sides of the battlefield, the referee stepped onto the referee's block announcing, "The Gym Battle between Shubura the gym leader and Silver the challenger will now begin. Each trainer will use 3 pokemon and the battle will be over when all 3 pokemon on either side are unable to continue. In addition only the challenger may substitute pokemon. Now, battle begin!" As the referee lowered his flags, a LED scoreboard lit up.

"Go Staravia!" "Go Camerupt!" Both combatants shouted out as the LED scoreborad lit up with their portraits.

"Get up Shinx!" Silver called as the Flash pokemon used what was left of its energy to get up despite withstanding countless barrages of Simisesr's Fire Punches and Brick Breaks. "Shinx, use Spark!" Shinx charged towards the Ember pokemon with blue electricity surrounding its body. "Your Shinx has had a good run, but now it's over, finish it with Heat Wave!" Shubura called out as Simisear leaned his head back about to unleash its full power and when it was ready, Simisear released winds of flames poised to blow Shinx away, however between the time that Simisear was preparing to fire and unleashing its attack, Shinx had moved out of the way and lunged at the otherwise surprised opponent from the side.

The attack was powerful enough to knock Simisear off balance, causing it to collapse onto the floor. "Simisear is unable to battle Shinx wins!" As Simisear's portrait blacked out, Shinx breathed a sigh of relief, however the Flash pokemon had just about reached his limit and just as Shubura was about to send in his final pokemon, a blue light had surrounded Shinx and a few seconds later, the light diminished and a Luxio was left in its wake.

A fierce fight was unfolding between Silver's Totodile and Shubura's Typhlosion. Both pokemon had taken a considerable amount of damage and both trainers were fired up with excitement, as for Shubura though, he wanted to end this quickly. "Now Typhlosion, use Thunderpunch and follow it up with Flame Wheel!" "A combo move!" A surprised Silver thought as the Volcano pokemon's fist were encased with electrical energy before its whole body was encased in fire as it launched itself upwards and charged down at Totodile.

"Time to finish this, Totodile use a full power Hydro Pump!" Totodile gathered its strength and let loose a torrent of water gushing out of its throat at the falling Typhlosion, and as the attack made contact, the field was covered in a layer of steam and neither Silver or Shubura could see what has happened to Totodile or Typhlosion and as the steam cleared, Typhlosion was laying on the ground, leaving a triumphant Totodile to breathe a sigh of relief. The referee raised a green flag and announced, "Typhlosion is unable to battle, Totodile wins and so the victor is Silver the challenger!" Shubura returned Typhlosion to his pokeball and walked up to Silver. "Well done challenger, that was a red HOT battle, deserving of this Inferno Badge." Silver accepted the badge and headed for the pokemon center.

Silver and Alex:
"So, what's the verdict on Luxio Nurse Joy?" A worried Silver asked. "Well even though Luxio took a lot of damage, it should make a full recovery, though it will be required to rest for at least 24 hours after the procedure." "I understand." Silver replied as a concerned Alex walked up to him. "So what's the deal?" "Well, even though Shinx evolved, it still took a heavy beating so it'll have to rest for at least 24 hours, so I won't be able to cheer you on tomorrow." "Geez, you never cheer me on anyway." "Touche." Both boys laughed though it was only brief as Silver retired to his room for the night.

... The next day ...

Alex:
Alex made his way inside the Flamvius Gym, though the air conditioned corridor and into the sweltering battlefield where Shubura was waiting for him. "Welcome challenger, I am Shubura the gym leader, and I want to see a red HOT battle from you!" Shubura yelled as Alex nodded in agreement and the referee stepped onto his platform. "The Gym Battle between Shubura the gym leader and Alex the challenger will now begin. Each trainer will use 3 pokemon and the battle will be over when all 3 pokemon on either side are unable to continue. In addition only the challenger may substitute pokemon. Now, battle begin!" As the referee lowered his flags, a LED scoreboard lit up.

"Go Corphish!" "Go Camerupt!" Both combatants shouted out as the LED scoreborad lit up with their portraits.

It had been a long, yet fierce battle for both sides, both Alex's Cyndaquil and Shubura's Typhlosion were pretty much on their last legs, and it looked like either one could give at any moment, but Shubura was not going to give up. "Typhlosion finish this with Blast Burn!" Fiery pillars emerged around Typhlosion and as they disappeared, a huge fiery blast was fired at the Fire Mouse pokemon. "Cyndaquil, dodge the attack with a Flame Wheel combined with Rollout!" However the Blast Burn attack failed to connect as the Fire Mouse pokemon curled itself into a ball with flames engulfing it and launched itself onto the exhausted enemy, successfully striking it down as it needed to recharge.  "Typhlosion is unable to battle, Cyndaquil wins and so the victor is Alex the challenger!" Shubura returned Typhlosion to his pokeball and walked up to Alex. "Well done challenger, that was a seriously red HOT battle, well deserving of this Inferno Badge." Alex accepted the badge and headed for the pokemon center to check up on Silver and Luxio.

Archived