Songs you hate

Cloister

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate overplayed songs or popular songs or even really terrible songs. It takes a special brand of evil to make me hate things, as I'm typically hovering on a cool tone of indifference.

The only song I really hate is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8c8GoaokpE

I'd rather hear gunshots coming from my daughter's room then have to listen to that song again.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I really hate any song. but I have made it my sacred duty to stay away from the radio nowadays due to so many mediocre songs (I guess they qualify as songs) being played on it.

other than that though a few artists in particular create music that I don't really like those being most of the new rappers, and that one 6 year old kids music just feels wrong. I don't have anything against him, but a 6 year old "singing" about "Booty Poppin" is in no way something I need to see on youtube or hear on the radio.

Ergh… Radioactive. It has nothing to do with the song's popularity, it's just… I can't stand the style those verses are done in. The chorus is passable, I guess, but rather overdone.

Is it that Marina song?
I like it but the lyrics are god awful.

I've never actually really been the type to simply enjoy music or even care that it's there. More of an extreme boredom thing for me that I might listen to something Homestuck related or just something that Kaka showed me and I ended up enjoying due to our similar tastes in things. Maybe a little bit of Coldplay or even some classical music in some cases. Music and I just don't really mix that well and except for the things I mentioned I'll usually end up despising it. Although, I really just think I hate the music that my brother likes which i this modern hip hop horse dribble/rap bullsh*t. I'll be tortured when driving in the car due to his need to always play this same radio station which just plays over and over whatever sh*tty song that just came out by some sh*tty singer thats popular for whatever sh*tty reason. I'd change it but he just has a hissy fit and is dumb as sh*t so I know if I'd punch him he'd actually try to start something in the car.

Girl on Fire.

No. Stop. That song is f*cking amazing. The lyrics themselves are like as if Shakespeare has been reborn into modern times and then sacrificed himself to some greek god in order to create...okay, I'm done. I can't kid about it any longer. That song is one of the worst I've ever heard.

No. Stop. That song is f*cking amazing. The lyrics themselves are like as if Shakespeare has been reborn into modern times and then sacrificed himself to some greek god in order to create...okay, I'm done. I can't kid about it any longer. That song is one of the worst I've ever heard.

Correction being that you actually don't like it. I've always had a pet peeve between misusing the notions of 'disliking something' and thinking something is 'bad'. Different things. Musically, it's a pretty decent piece of pop music. Nicki Minaj's hushed verse is fairly decent for a change, and Alicia has a powerful voice that is used to great potential. And that frigging beat. I mean, Alicia's husband's production is on the quirky side. Which is undoubtedly good. The lyricism is simple because it's really supposed to be simple. If the message comes across, it's fine.

Although, you did mention that you don't enjoy music on a regular basis. I pin it down on that because pop music is a music form there mostly for enjoyable listening.

On another note though, will.i.am's stuff is irkable. Same-y production and dodgy melody lines, coupled with a misuse of autotune, leads to rather average dance songs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Correction being that you actually don't like it. I've always had a pet peeve between misusing the notions of 'disliking something' and thinking something is 'bad'. Different things. Musically, it's a pretty decent piece of pop music. Nicki Minaj's hushed verse is fairly decent for a change, and Alicia has a powerful voice that is used to great potential. And that frigging beat. I mean, Alicia's husband's production is on the quirky side. Which is undoubtedly good. The lyricism is simple because it's really supposed to be simple. If the message comes across, it's fine.

1369400427-tumblr-lspkiqxrqs1qzv7c2.png

preach it bro

I usually like Alicia Keys' work, she's a good pianist and decent singer. But "Girl on Fire" involves too much, consistent shouting for me at the point that it grates my ears.

Is it that Marina song?
I like it but the lyrics are god awful.

Imagine Dragons, actually. (late reply, I know)

And I've got to mention Zombie by Cranberries. I can stand the verses. But that god damn repetitive refraint just gets on my nerves so much.

Archived