Songs you hate

Cloister

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost every single song by Skrillex

And why? Well I remember making a 3 paragraph essay type thingy about him

So I'll just copy and paste that over to here and see what you guys think about it

[spoiler=My Honest Opinion On Skrillex]

The first thing that I'd like to say that I have already brought up before is that his sounds that he uses are not that special at all. Honestly without the growl bass sound to hold up Skrillex then he'd be nothing right now. The leads that he uses are pretty much your basic everyday ordinary Trance leads. There are way better sounding leads than his, the only thing that helps cover up the fact of how simplistic his leads are is that he can actually create a melody. But for me having a nice melody doesn't cover up your lead sounds. Now as for the signature "growl bass" sound, he does cleanly produce them and he does take time to make them, but they just don't fit too well with me at all. The sound of his bass drops to me are unnecessarily loud and don't fit in with the track over half the time, which I will get into deeper explanation later on. Surely he has the skill to create a melody but for me in this case, the good doesn't concur the bad.

Another thing that I would like to bring up with about Skrillex is the vocal samples that he uses. Surely in some of his songs they fit well to the aggressive bass drop and make a suitable transition. But then you have those vocal samples that he messes around with the pitch and distorts them. Really these vocal samples can really be bothersome in some cases, most notably tracks like "The Reason", "Rock 'n' Roll", and "Long Drive". Honestly was there ever a need to throw those in there, since to me they just sound annoying and unfitting with the rest of the track. He does use them in good ways with songs, such as "Slats Slats Slats", and "Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites", but that only happens in rare occasions.

And now here's the last thing that I want to bring up is the thing that irks me the most about Skrillex. Well let's take a look at the song "Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites" the song starts up with a nice, soft peaceful melody, and then it starts to get even more softer when the vocal samples start up (Like what I said if Skrillex tries hard enough he can use samples right), and then all of the sudden BOOOOMMM just a random loud, noisy bass overpowers the whole track. Now I understand that the whole suddeness of the bass drop is meant to give off more energy, but there are better ways to do this.

But overall of that Skrillex's older stuff I will admit is good, you know the stuff pre-Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites. Songs like "Fucking Die", "Slats Slats Slats", "My Name Is Skrillex (Not the terrible remix)" and "No Mercy, No Violence" are incredible sounding. But his recent stuff I just can't withstand at all.

[/spoiler]

Other than Skrillex:

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Well okay it's not a bad song at all

But it's so over rated and over played

Nirvana have done way better songs than this one

Radiohead - Creep

This song is one of the most over rated songs in existence

It really sucks compared to other stuff by Radiohead

All of R.E.M.'s songs

I just hate them so much for some reason

No matter how hard I try

I just can't get my head around listening to them

Suicide Silence - You Only Live Once

A grindcore song that's about only having one chance

And one life to live, yeah I can take meaningful lyrics in extreme music

But just not like this

And also this song is quite ironic since their lead guy had died while drunk driving

Falling In Reverse - I'm Not A Vampire

God damnit, Seriously?

Just no, everything about this song is completely wrong

So I'll just copy and paste that over to here and see what you guys think about it

The first thing that I'd like to say that I have already brought up before is that his sounds that he uses are not that special at all. Honestly without the growl bass sound to hold up Skrillex then he'd be nothing right now. The leads that he uses are pretty much your basic everyday ordinary Trance leads. There are way better sounding leads than his, the only thing that helps cover up the fact of how simplistic his leads are is that he can actually create a melody. But for me having a nice melody doesn't cover up your lead sounds. Now as for the signature "growl bass" sound, he does cleanly produce them and he does take time to make them, but they just don't fit too well with me at all. The sound of his bass drops to me are unnecessarily loud and don't fit in with the track over half the time, which I will get into deeper explanation later on. Surely he has the skill to create a melody but for me in this case, the good doesn't concur the bad.

Another thing that I would like to bring up with about Skrillex is the vocal samples that he uses. Surely in some of his songs they fit well to the aggressive bass drop and make a suitable transition. But then you have those vocal samples that he messes around with the pitch and distorts them. Really these vocal samples can really be bothersome in some cases, most notably tracks like "The Reason", "Rock 'n' Roll", and "Long Drive". Honestly was there ever a need to throw those in there, since to me they just sound annoying and unfitting with the rest of the track. He does use them in good ways with songs, such as "Slats Slats Slats", and "Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites", but that only happens in rare occasions.

And now here's the last thing that I want to bring up is the thing that irks me the most about Skrillex. Well let's take a look at the song "Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites" the song starts up with a nice, soft peaceful melody, and then it starts to get even more softer when the vocal samples start up (Like what I said if Skrillex tries hard enough he can use samples right), and then all of the sudden BOOOOMMM just a random loud, noisy bass overpowers the whole track. Now I understand that the whole suddeness of the bass drop is meant to give off more energy, but there are better ways to do this.

But overall of that Skrillex's older stuff I will admit is good, you know the stuff pre-Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites. Songs like "Fucking Die", "Slats Slats Slats", "My Name Is Skrillex (Not the terrible remix)" and "No Mercy, No Violence" are incredible sounding. But his recent stuff I just can't withstand at all.

[/spoiler]

Other than Skrillex:

Radiohead - Creep

All of R.E.M.'s songs

No matter how hard I try

But just not like this

And also this song is quite ironic since their lead guy had died while drunk driving

God damnit, Seriously?

I have to disagree with Smells Like Teen Spirit. It defines the Grunge genre. As for me, I hate just about all of that floaty pop rubbish.

I have to disagree with Smells Like Teen Spirit. It defines the Grunge genre.

Don't think that I don't know that

I just found it to be way overplayed

To the point where I don't like it anymore

I guess it's not a song that I hate

But rather a song that I'll shrug my shoulders at

Don't think that I don't know that

I just found it to be way overplayed

To the point where I don't like it anymore

I guess it's not a song that I hate

But rather a song that I'll shrug my shoulders at

Some of the Beatles stuff is like that for me. I respect it, but I don't really see what the fuss is about. There are one or two exceptions, but generally, it's all a little light and limp.

Oh, and that reminds me: One. More. Night. It's so annoying it isn't funny.

That makes me think
I hate that "Your Favorite Martian" band
It's the new band that RayWilliamJonson has
None of the songs are funny and they all are really terrible

Oh, and that reminds me: One. More. Night. It's so annoying it isn't funny.

Musically, I think One More Night is a great song. Combines a faux-reggae feel and a bunch of well-chopped samples to Maroon 5's funk rock-pop style. It works well, and you get a really shamelessly catchy song because it's so eclectic for standard pop music. Reminds me a lot of Lianne La Havas' stuff, who's pretty much a universally acclaimed artist in the critics' eyes, even if no-one's heard of her outside of the UK. Of course, liking or disliking something is pure opinion (although, I insist on people differentiating between 'this music is bad' and 'I don't like this music' properly).

I've never really hated a song, outside of the obviously bad stuff, but, at the moment, not warming to Justin Timberlake's new stuff. It's cool, but doesn't have enough substance. The style he's moved into reminds me a little of Frank Ocean, Mirrors being in the vein of Pyramids, but he doesn't do it as well as Ocean.

[/spoiler]

Other than Skrillex:

Radiohead - Creep

All of R.E.M.'s songs

No matter how hard I try

But just not like this

God damnit, Seriously?

You don't like ITEOTWAWKIAFF (It's the End of the World As We Know It and I Fell Fine?)

I hate to say it, but my favorite bands have songs I dislike.

Also, anything by Stephen Lynch. I just hate his stuff.

Also, a lot of Jimmy Hendrix. Don't really see anything about it so special. I like All Along the Watchtower, but eh.

Overplayed songs tend to be a minor annoyance or I avoid them if I own them like Rock Your Body (Justin Timberlake), back when I liked his music and Hearts Burst Into Fire (Bullet For My Valentine) seemed at one point it was on once an hour on Scuzz. And when you watch Scuzz for a good few hours it gets very annoying.

Never heard most of Friday, and I'm glad I haven't. Some songs I just dislike because they're popular just because of the artists who sings them like Justin Bieber songs. (Surprising fun to mop to though...), bet if some 'nobody' like the performers who bleed for their work performed it no one would care even if they gave it to a big producer.

Archived