[Leaderboard] Striker vs. Zextra

Welcome to the beginning of the April-June season! What a good way to start then a rivalry 1v1. Let the games begin.

[spoiler=Rules]
1. First to 3 votes or most be April 8th wins.
2. Votes must have a valid reason.
3. Card must be PM'd to me.
4. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
5. I have the right to add rules.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card Requirement]
Create a card that speaks to you personality as a cardmaker. Balance and creativity shoukd be highly considered.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card A]
trichromepegasus.png
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card B]
Damnation Incarnate

DARK

Fiend/Effect

2200/1400

[i]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing 2 DARK monsters from your Graveyard when you have 3 or more DARK monsters. If this card is the only monster you control; you can banish all cards on the field. You cannot Summon the turn you use this effect. You can only activate this effect once per duel. During your Main Phase: You can discard 1 monster from your hand; negate the effects of all non-DARK monsters on the field until your End Phase. You can only activate this effect once per turn. If this card is destroyed by a card effect; you can return all DARK monsters from your banished pile to your Graveyard. You can only control 1 "Damnation Incarnate".[/spoiler]

Whose is whose here? I*m going to assume that card A is Zextra's as it uses his template. Anyways, I like card A the most, it's a pretty neat idea, seem fairly balanced, like the art (though since it's written vs image, that doesn't count into it that much) and I find that card B is trying too much and restricting itself too much. Also, what do you mean by this line?: when you have 3 or more DARK monsters. It doesn't say where, but I assume you mean in the Graveyard. Your OCG is also pretty bad at times, banished pile is not a thing, even banished zone doesn't excist as a real word on cards.

You can tell it has been a while for me (thanks for spoiling the A-B system Zazu). I do use banished pile occassionally to designate where the monsters came from, and I don't care if it isn't a term since it does it's job for me. And yes, Graveyard for that line. I do have a habit of thinking people can get the implications in my cards. Thanks a lot homework for the rush. XD

Anyway 1-0 A

Not to seem like a nazi, BUUUUUUT I want to point some things out~
[spoiler=Post]
Card B has some some things wrong with it.

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing 2 DARK monsters from your Graveyard when you have 3 or more DARK monsters.

This part of the text seems a little messy and slightly confusing; Something like:
"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned(from your Hand) by having 3 or more DARK monsters from your Graveyard, and by Banishing 2 of them."
would make more sense, because the current version implies you need to control 3 or more DARK monsters, and this contradicts with it's own effect because you can only play it while you control no monsters. So just a slight re-arrangement of that text can fix that potential confusion.

If this card is the only monster you control; you can banish all cards on the field. You cannot Summon the turn you use this effect.

Should actually say something like "You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you use this effect", because right off the bat, you basically have to protect it for a whole turn just for a once-per-duel effect, giving the Opponent PLENTY OF TIME to build up a counter to it. I mean, nothing wrong with an effect like that, just... Seems you loaded it with handful of drawbacks/restrictions, for an effect that's just slow and will ultimately end up not being worth it.[/spoiler]

So aside from a few typos and/or OCG issues, it's not bad. A little underpowered, though.

I'm voting Card A. Mostly, It's actually playable.
(No offense, Striker)

Card B has to many restrictions imo to be effective in many decks, also that long effect honestly is too cumbersome. Card A however, would fit nicely into many Extra Decks, and can easily lockdown some decks entirely if used correctly.

Card A gets my vote.

Yea Zextra, it does. I expect a rematch later in the season when I'm not overworked with stuff. XD

And thanks Arm. The first part of that was my intention, but I admit I phrased it horribly. The second part was me trying to limit the abuse the banishing field nuke. Once again, I admit I messed up the wording on that one. Note to self: Multitasking sucks. XD

Archived