Buttons

Harrison H

Question

15 answers to this question

I'm going to answer this question again, but just to be a lot more blatantly obvious since the OP doesn't get it apparently.

[spoiler='A hopefully more understandable guide made on Paint']Maybe this will do the trick?

spoilerguidethingy.png[/spoiler]

If you want to type it manually, here is how it goes:

First, you type the [spoiler] box. The [ and ] are found 1 and 2 buttons to the right of your "p" key respectively (unless you have a different keyboard than normal, in which case the buttons you are looking for contain the characters that look like the [ and ] wherever they may be).

You would need to title your spoiler, and doing so requires you to add an equal sign inside the box, but after the word "spoiler." It should now look like [spoiler=] on the screen. Your title shall be whatever jumble of characters you insert between the = and the ] on your screen. In my spoiler above, it appears as [spoiler='A hopefully more understandable guide made on Paint'] to me. The apostrophes are, the last time I checked, only optional now, but for good measure, include them on both ends of your title, between the = and the ] so that in case they become required once more, you will be used to doing it with them. By the way, the = is found one button left of the backspace key and the ' is found one button to the left of your enter key. Do not get it confused with the similar character found one button to the left of your "1" key (the one on the left if you have more than one set of numbers on your keyboard).

Then comes the text that you want to have hidden by the spoiler. After the ] is where you place it. A space between the hidden text and the ] does not matter, like how the ' does not matter. Mine appears as follows:

[spoiler='A hopefully more understandable guide made on Paint']Maybe this will do the trick?

Finally, there is the closing to the spoiler. Once you have the information you want to have hidden by your spoiler, add a {/spoiler} to the end of the message. In my spoiler, everything between the [spoiler='A hopefully more understandable guide made on Paint'] and the {/spoiler} is inaccessible without pressing the "show" button that reveals the information. Do not add anything else to the {/spoiler} regardless of what is added to the [spoiler] that goes before it. Just to note, the { and the } should be replaced with their respective [ and ] in the ending of the spoiler, so that it appears exactly like the original [spoiler] with a / placed in front of the word "spoiler" to end it. I used { and } instead because if I did it correct down here, this explanation would become butchered with random spoilers. Also, the / is found three buttons to the right of your "m" key, again, if your keyboard is normal. Do not use the backwards version of this character that you can find a button above your enter key. That does not work.

Of course, doing it by the picture method works a lot faster as the formatting is done for you by pressing the bits indicated by the big red arrows. But in case you want to do it a different way, there it is.

Those buttons are called spoilers.

[spoiled=(title of the Spoiler)] (the stuff you want inside when you click on the spoiler) [/spoiled] Except change the d into an r and get rid of the parenthesis.

[spoiler=(title of the Spoiler)] (the stuff you want inside when you click on the spoiler) [/spoiler]

There isn't much to get o.o.

[spoiler=Spoiler title]
Spoiler Content
[/spoiler]

Follow the directions on there.

You put the name of the spoiler in where it says "Spoiler Title". You put the stuff you what people to see (when they click on the spoiler) in where is says "Spoiler Content". The rest you leave alone.

If you do what I just said, you'll get this.

[spoiler=Spoiler Title]

The stuff you want inside.

[/spoiler]

Alternatively using the bottom 3rd from the right on the your posting panel (just look above the post when your typing) will help you, if the coding confuses you. You just need to select the text you want in your spoiler and press the button and select spoiler. It will automatically add the text you've highlighted as the body of the spoiler.

Archived