Offsite Fanfiction Recommendation Thread

bury the year

Here is where you can post links to fanfictions you like and think others will like from sites that aren't YCM. There's only a few rules:

1. All stuff linked here has to be PG-13 at max. Other sites don't necessarily follow our rules, but this one should be a given.

2. Try to have at least one fanfic linked in each of your posts. You can have a conversation about ones that you liked, but make sure to keep up the recommendations.

3. Don't use this thread to push your own writing. If you're desperate to have people read what you've made, post it in a new thread.

Here's one I found a while ago, and to be honest, it's ridiculously good. The writing is corny and it makes for such delicious parody. The fic is called Oh God, Not Again! It's a Harry Potter fic, and the general plot is that Harry goes through the veil that Sirius did several years after the events of The Deathly Hollows. From there, he gets warped back to the night that Hagrid met him and revealed he was a wizard. The punchline is that Harry has all his memories and prior experience from the life he just lived, and, he's going to enjoy this second run.

• 7 months later...

Well, I quite liked this one: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9664802/1/Yugioh-The-SoulCards-Collector-Abridged-To-Zexal-Crossover

-> it's a basical yugioh +gx + 5d + zexal corssover wip

There was a finished one too... if I could remember the name... 

took me a while; https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9639453/1/Alone-with-the-Kids

It's really a good one. 5D's + GX crossover about Jaden and Alexis and Leo and Luna. 

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE!

Is there anyway to have an On-Site Fanfiction Recommendation Thread?

Most of the "review" threads only really ever review horrible fanfics, or work hard to make "average" fics seems bad. I'd like to see a series of reviews that actually gives credit where credit is due.

The way YCM works now, reviews are just "this is bad, and you should feel bad for writing it" whereas I think if we worked more towards encouraging good fics this section might be more lively..

Just my 2 cents on the matter...

• 1 year later...

Archived