Zalgo Text is no longer allowed

Catterjune

"What's Zalgo text?"

That horribly mangled looking weird ass text you see some idiots using in their profiles and sig and stuff.

The above sentence, in Zalgo text:

T̃͊ͣ̔̈̓̎̈́҉̶͇͉͇͖̭̗̦͚̥̺h̶̨̧̞̤̺̲ͧͬ́̏͌͌͒̏̚ả͐͗̓̐ͩ̊ͤͮ̌҉̮͇͈͓̳͟ͅt̡̧̛͕̱͉̖͍̞̓̃́͑͘ͅ ̸̴̴͙͚̹̰̗͔̣̞̣͎͈̘̩͇̾̋ͯ̋ͨͮ̓ͯ̅̿͋̑̈́̄̓͗͟ͅh̡͎͈͈͇̙̦̰̟̜̘̐͌̈͟ơ̵̟̜̦̲̘̙̞̯̗̎̈́ͭͣ͟r̘̣̥͕̣̜͇̻͔̀̃ͭ͌̌̀͠͝ͅͅr̸̷̢̻̫̘͎͈̳̥̭͔̙͓̽ͭͤ̓ͨ̉̇ͥ̅̓ͪ́͝i͔̘̭̼̘̮̗ͭ̈̇̅͂͊͌̅̉̊̀́͝b̶̵̵̲̙̩͈̠̱͓̼̹͙͕̟̬͇̞̠ͦ͑͛̎̃͂̎͐͢ͅļ͛̇̂̀̇͗̄̾̊̾ͨ̓͏̧̱̻͉͕̠͈̰̣̩̯͔̣͍y̵̪̜͇̳̬̞͓̪͕̲̬̗̙͇̩ͥ̏ͭ̐̎̇̔̈́̊͆͊̋ͬ̓̾ͭ̚͠ ̵̡̢̛͓̼͈̠̩͈͉̭̭̭̫̗̈̅̇ͯ͂̀̈́͑ͦ͊̉̆̒ͯ̅̚̚ͅm̜͚̱̟̼̟̺͍̩̹̺̖̳̻̰̞̭̭͋̏̅̓̏̉̾͒͠a̢̜̹̠͇͚̠̗̲̯̳̮͕̳̞̠̳ͭ̓̽̀͌̒ͧ̽͂ͥ́n̢̨͉͙̱̤̭̘̩̻̩̼͖̪̗͖ͨ̂ͫ͐ͫ̌̏̿̔̌͒̀̽̓͢͞g̷̨̬̗͕̠̼͇͕̳̥̻̻̝̩̝͐̓̀̄ͨ̓̓͑̂̊̄ͮͩ̈́̓̓ͨ͂͆̀͘͟l̸̨̡̛͚͉̯̠̯̼̐̾̋ͬ̈́͊͡ͅę̝̻͈̙͈͉̜͓̭̪̲͉̜̘̭̲̹ͥ̆͒͂ͥ́̚̚̕͘͞d̯͈͚͇͔͇̺̼͍ͯ̔̈́̊ͫ̊ͧ̅ͣ̒̒ͫͩͤ̚͝ ̧̠͖̥̮͔̞͔̠̿ͨ͐̏ͦ̈͡l̵̫̫̲̻̝͎̩͓̼̟͙͓̪̯͓̼̩͎̣̃ͣͬͪͬ́ͨͯͨ̾ͭ̀̚o̸͈̳̺̖̗̝͈͚͖͈͈̟͈͍̖͍͎̲͆̓̃̆͋ͥ͌̿́ŏ̘͕̥̩͎̲͉͉̥̳̪̬̼̤̙͓̣ͣͣͩ̍̇͒̽̂̓͠k̡̧͈̳͉̳̜͓̗͊ͪ̅͂ͤͬ̍̓̎̿̍ͪ̌̽̐͒ͩ͜͡ͅį͚̹͕̯̮̙̙̞̯͓̻͚̪̯̰̥̤̊̐̑̄̌ͪͫ̅͆̽̅͗̚͝n̡͙̰̟͓̭͓̣̫͉͚̓̾͋̾͑͒ͧ̏̎͒ͫ̕͞͡g̶̳̥̰͍̮̖̠̣͙̦͚̘͎͎̣̦͕̺̺ͧ̾̌ͫ̈́̔̋̿ͮ̚͞͝ ̝̗̲̄̆̒ͫ̅͌͂̀̇ͭ̾̆̚͜w̢̭͖̘͈̫͈̟͉̤̫̟͙̜͇͖̭̜̭͇̑ͮ͆̆͑̍́͐ͣ̃ͬͭ̀̌̓̇̓̒̀ę͔̘̮̳͙̩̻̲̤̩̪̉ͤͯ̏̅̉͗̆͟͠i̯̼̖̗̤͈̦͔̻̠̝͕̺̜ͮ͂̅̐͐ͬ̇̍̌̈̎̃̀͌ͨ̆ͨ̓͘ͅȓ̶̛̦̞̜̟̬̳̳̖͇̺̠͚͚̣̩̥͉ͨ̐͗̑ͨ̃͒͌ͧ̇ͫͣ͜͡d̢̛̠̼̗̱̽ͮͮͣ̋̓ͨͮ̑͂̽̏ͪ̂͞ ̷̶̝̭̤̫̺̙͇̞͔̻̱̘͎̼̮́̾ͨ́ͩ͒͐͑͋̿̑̑̾̅̑a̺̯̫͎̠̱̓ͦ̐ͬͬ̈́͂̾̔ͬ͋͂̅͐̄ͩ̌̚͟ṣ̸̤̻̼͒̾ͮ͆ͤͭ͆̑̋͊ͭͩ̒̕͡s̨̛̝̥̺͙̦͖̠̙̲̤̙͉͇̲̒̽͋͊̾̍̔͑ͯ̈́̓͑̔ͨ͌ͧ̽͋̀ ̵̛̳͙͕̞̤̮̮͕ͫ̃̂̑ẗ̨́̋̓̄͜͡҉̟͕̜̻̥̩̼̝ͅę͎͍͙̟̺͙̞̣̺̬͍̝̻̤̣̟̘̂͋̊̓͐̓̔̃̈́͆ͦ̽ͧ͂͗͠x̉̏ͨ́̐҉̩̭̟͉͇̗̺͍̟͍͉̞̕͜͝ͅt̞̞̠̣̞̐̂̑ͥ͊ͥͥ̄͆͌ͩ̓ͮ̃ͣ̔͐̉́̀ ̷͖̘͍̝̬̙͕̹̭̰̭̖̘̗̈́ͭͪͫ͋̈̐͋y̶̴̗̞̝̹̪̹͕͎̩͇̲͙͔̖͓̣̘̼̻ͫ͋̎̂ͤ̓̓͆ͦ̆̊̀́o̷̗̭̗̯͕̪͕͖͔̦̤̰̦̓̒̏ͤͬͩ̓̀ͧ͗̅ͪ̊ͥ̚͞͝ͅů̄ͪͣ̀ͩ͏̥̻̱̣̙̗̺͖̜̜̬͈͍͉̜̥́́ͅ ̡̣̯̱͍̹̩͛̉̍ͣ͑́̑̃͆͑͒ͥ̏̈́͡s̛̆ͨ̔͗ͥ̿ͨ̋̋ͣ͐̄̀͘҉͉̭̗̲͎̟͔̼͇͓͙̭͎̭̰e̴̷̡̛͔̪͉̹͍̦̥̗̠͇͚̠̟̯̘͍̪͙̓ͦ͑̀ͣ̀ͤ̅̈͜ͅe̢͖̥̘͔̫̦̮̜͉̻̹̫̝̱ͤ͊́̐͒͋̕ ̧̛̯̜̦̤̟̬̹̟͖̪͔̼̙̥̮͍͚̈͌͋͋ͬ͋̾̆ͨͨ́s̢͓̲̠̯̬͍̭̝̗̜̭̮̫̼̘̺̲͔̬͋ͬ̃ͮ͛͂͒ͫ̓̑̓̉͘o̶͍͎̥̥̘̬̪̥̣̜ͯ̎̉̅ͥ̓́ͦ̐̑͋͌̂͗́͜͡m̴̵̷̢̡͎͓͓͇̖̣̣̹̼̗͓͕͎̳͖̬̀͐ͯ̐̏ͪ̚e̹̰̠̻͉̣̮̣̥͚̙̫̫̣̜͓̔̋̎̓̊̓ͪͥ͌̋ͯͣ͂̅ͥͥ̋̀͞͡ ̠̟̬̪̬̗̳̳̣̳̗̜͇̥̰̊͆̈́̎ͬ̉͋͜i̺͇̯͓̙̦͔̙̩̖̯̞̻̼̝̹͎̮͍͑ͦ̍ͥͭͦͯ̓ͤ̆̀̀ͬ̃̈́͝͝d̲͇̠̳̱̹͇͓̟͙̮͚̖̱͍̹̤̹̋͗̃̋̃ͭͨ̆̑̎̾ͯͦ̅ͩͩ͡͠i̵̛̖̯͔̹̱̘̝͍̖̝͈͎̰̜͚ͣͤͮ͌͜o̤̖̤͍͎͉͓̥̞̖͙̬̔͐ͯ̂̎͘͟͞t̨̢̩͚̺̼̩̫̲̻̬̩̪̬͈̯̮̦̰ͥ͑̊̌̐ͩ̾̓̎s̷͍̞͉̦̯̟̝̗̮̤͚͈͇͂̌̋͆̓͝ ̸̸̛̻̟̖̖̠͓͕ͥ̔̂̈́u̶̶̦̜̥̪̞̲̹̦͇ͯ̂ͭ͐͐̽̃̋ͦ͆̌ͧ̓ͥ̆̚͡ș̢̜͈͖̭̜͓̬̜̙͙̯͖͆̇̆̒ͬ̌ͧͦ̕͜͜ͅį̢͚͕͔̗̦̦͍̠̗̞̯̇̃ͯͧ͂̀ͤ̽̏̊͂͂ͨͩ̓͊̏̍͗͘ͅņ̗͙̟͉̊̽ͮ͒̐͆̀ͤ̿̽͗̑̎͌͌̉͋͜͡g̨̛̝̯͔̩ͯ̂̔̿ͩ̔̚͢ͅ ̉ͯ̌͑̓͒ͩ̈́̈҉̴͈͎͕̪͈̥̼͔̩̟̥͓̖i̡̛̛̻̳̞̺̗̙ͮ͋̐̅̽̉̿ͥ̿͢͟n̼̩̞̙̰̱̮̫̓̋͋ͨ͛̽͊̈́̾̑̅ͧͦ͢ͅ ̸̗̯̜̗̖͓̖̗̜̝͔̜̳͎̭͈̺̟ͭ͂̋ͬ͌̎͂́ͥ͐̔ͯ̈͢t͂̀ͫͦͪ̓͗͏̛̥͈̲͕͉̟͇͈͓̖̙̗ḩ̴̶̛̺̙̝̪̭̩͇ͮ̈͒ͤ͊̌̄͗̎̉ͤ͆̍ͮ͂̌̍̚͠ȇ̸̟̜̭̟̜̮̮̹̙̜̦̎ͣ̆̉̀͜i̡̓̾̽̓ͦ̓̌ͫ͑ͦ̿̆͏̨̳̜̫̫̫̪̥͖̥r̅ͮ̑̽̓ͮͨ̂̾ͫ҉̰̝͉̝͖̗̼̰̥̭͢͜ ̵̺̱̺̠̜͓͚̫̳̝͌͐ͫ̏̂̕͢͟ͅp̨̮͉̩̭̯̱̼̪̩͉̬̳̟̯ͦ͌̇͆̎͂̃̈̔ͥ͘ŗ̴̓̓̏̈́̈́ͥ͟͝҉̘̩͔̖͓͖̰̦̯̮̝ͅo̵̶̡̫̞̥͎̝̙̫͇̖͔̬̰ͪ͑͂͢f̧̨̥̥̠͇̤̰̤̥̫̬̮̐̽͒̇̏͜͝͠i̴̶̫̱̱̪̦͇͙̫͕͚̮̯̻͈͎̫̥̽͊̒̅͗̎ͯ͛͗ͬͩͬͯͫ̿̑̚l̺̟̙͍̞̖̹͈̘̞̗̗̤̟̤̹̔ͯ̾̾ͯ̏͗͞͞ḙ̡̪̖̪͇̭̭̠̰̙̯͕̏̓͂ͦ͂̑͆̿͒̍̾͛̊̽͒̑ͨ̚͝sͭͬ̇̒̄̄͆ͭ̾͛̂̋ͪ͏̺̠̟̣̜̞͍̠̰̗̱̙͔̪͙̯͉͡ ͇̩̜̜ͪ͂ͦ̎̾͐̑̽̽̋̂̉̂͐͂̃ͣ͒ͯ͜͞ͅa̴̡͈̫͉̦̤̻͈̼̓͋̌̓̾̋͋ͤ̿̄́ͭ̚͞ņ̷̵͍̥͈̱̜͓̰͖̱̞̙̫͈̼̖͓̭̞̘͗ͬ̾̎͊̆ͦ́̄̀d̵͍͈̥̦̝̠̽̍ͩ̑̕ͅ ̵̧̎̒ͣ͑ͧ̋͐͂͜͏͓̹̙͙̩͕̘͖͢s̔̆̂ͥ̆̍̂̀҉̨͕͓͕̮̲̩i̵̴̪͖͉̖̪͎̠̬̬̬͎̹̣̿͊̅͋̃̋ͧ̏̂̀͜͡͠ͅǧ̨͕̲͔̲͕̦ͦ͋̑̈́ͦ̍ͪ̌̊͟͠ ̧̧̾ͬͧ̾ͤ̂҉̴͙̜̖͔͕̠͔̹͢ȧ̽̑̇̓̚҉̸̣͉͈̜̫͔̳̼̳̬͈̠̪͝n̸̥͎̭̪ͫ͂̈͂̅̓ͦ͊̍̈́͊̐͑̄ͣ͝͞͝͡ḏ̶̴̡̜̲͕̍̌ͩ̑ ̢̳̭͖͈̠̅̾̒̀̾ͯ̔̿̐̍͡s̡̛̭̞̟̝̠̗̰̠̜̥̤̻͓͓̤ͨ͛̾̆̅̆ͧ̃̓͋̓̂̒̚̕͞͡t̵̶̷͉̥͖̙̯̲̭͑̒ͦ̒ͯ̾͑ͫų̸̟̰͕̖̯̙̘̱̹͎̻̹̺̣̼̣̣̿̇̽̍ͩ͛͘͡ͅf̧̦̲̹̬̰̳̙̪̺̼̺͔̪̓̍̒̓̀͛́ͨ̈́̋̽ͭ͊ͭ̽̀͡

"Why?"

... Fuckin' look at it, that's why. But also it covers other people's text when place in sigs and makes shit hard to click on when in profiles (which gets in the way of issuing warns.)

tl;dr - Zalgo text is forbidden from use. Prove me wrong.

Addendum:

1) Zalgo text is pictures is fine. I mean... literal text here.

2) I assume (and I base this assumption on nothing) that Zalgo text may be used in fanfics and RPs, assuming it calls for it.

"The terrible ghost looked straight at them and opened it's mouth. An otherworldly bellow escaped it's maw: [Horribly mangled looking text goes here]"

And I say "may" be used because I'm not the mod of fanfics or RPs, and I guess ultimately it's up to Rinne to decide.

No.... NO. ... I can't believe this...

Alright, I'll remove it from my about me page and stuff, but does this also include my name? 

Your name is probably fine. Probably because I can actually read it and I don't see it interfering with clicking on things.

Your name is probably fine. Probably because I can actually read it and I don't see it interfering with clicking on things.

This is my opinion on the subject as well, but it was only discussed in regards to being used in posts/sigs/profiles, not Names.

Just don't be stupid with it.

I know this is probably pushing it, but is It disallowed if it's like this: ţ͢e̛͢x̸̷t̛͝ (not messing with anything above or below it)

I presume it would be on principle, but there's no harm in checking.

It's very jarring to see and can distract or unnecessarily draw attention. Use it only in a reasonable context, with the understanding that there's pretty much NEVER a reasonable context.

I honestly can't think of a good reason as to why you'd need to other then you like the attention.

But don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to put people down. There's a lot of people who are worthy of attention. They're good card makers or graphic designers. But Zalgo people just... ran their text through a website with no demonstrable skill. They just wanna attention whore for the sake of attention whoring.

Addendum:

1) Zalgo text is pictures is fine. I mean... literal text here.

2) I assume (and I base this assumption on nothing) that Zalgo text may be used in fanfics and RPs, assuming it calls for it.

"The terrible ghost looked straight at them and opened it's mouth. An otherworldly bellow escaped it's maw: [Horribly mangled looking text goes here]"

And I say "may" be used because I'm not the mod of fanfics or RPs, and I guess ultimately it's up to Rinne to decide.

That's fine by me.

Zalgo text, when used in normal posts shouldn't be allowed due to the interference it causes. But I'm sure there isn't a problem if it's only used to emphasize broken speech within fanfiction and roleplaying, right?

That's fine by me.

Zalgo text, when used in normal posts shouldn't be allowed due to the interference it causes. But I'm sure there isn't a problem if it's only used to emphasize broken speech within fanfiction and roleplaying, right?

That's what he said.

Archived