✶ Prismatic Ocean ✶ (K-Pop and Hallyu Club)

CinnamonStar

mbl3ec.jpg

prismatic – sounds pretty and was rumored to be Rainbow’s fanclub name before they took something else

ocean – because K-Pop music, dramas and other pop culture products from South Korea are referred to as the “Hallyu Wave”. Also when many fans wave their coloured lightsticks around at concerts, it’s called an ocean (i.e. DBSK’s read ocean).

[spoiler=What we do here]

Welcome to our little corner that dabbles in anything Hallyu-related with a focus on the music!

I figured that a few people on this site who listen to K-Pop or watch dramas and that we didn’t have a place to hang out yet without poisoning other sections with balloons, shirtless guys and shit.x) So yeah, I thought it would be nice to have a club about the genre.

We will primarily discuss news and releases about K-Pop (as well as J-Pop, any kind of Pop, K-Indie and music in general), but also dramas, movies, books, culture, language for those who learn it, food, etc.

You're greatly welcome if you don't know a thing about the genre, but want to be introduced into it.

You will be signed up as a reviewer, subber, etc. for everything you do for this club (like reviews, subs, instrumentals, graphics, cover versions, reaction videos, etc.). Pop Culture card sets with idols or actors, graphics, K-Pop-themed Decks are greatly welcome and you will be credited as such. But you just want to hang out/spazz/cry/shake head with us or only know Gangnam Style, that should be fine too. :D [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Want to sign up?]

Just fill this out please.x)

What artists do you listen to?

What is your favourite drama and/or movie?

Pick a bias:

Pick a song:

* Your bias is your favourite and can be a group member, solo singer, actor, comedian, MC, etc. You can basically claim one for you here, plus a song.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members]

[spoiler=Sumire - Reviewer]

What artists do you listen to? Mostly 2NE1, DBSK, Nine Muses and T-Ara, but I listen to a lot of songs from different groups.

Outside of K-Pop I like electronic music (EBM, Trance, Eurodance), Wave/Darkwave, 80’s, Rock, Metal (mostly Melodeath, Symphonic and Gothic Metal), some R’n’B, Baroque era, 18th and 19th century, contemporary classical music (Yuki Kajiura, Akiko Shikata, Clint Mansell, Yiruma) and choirs of any kind (particularly Gregorian).

What is your favourite drama and/or movie? I haven’t seen any dramas so far lol. Movie-wise I’ve only watched “I’m a Cyborg and that’s ok”.

Pick a bias: I have a few, but SungAh from Nine Muses needs more appreciation x)

Pick a song: T-Ara – Day by Day

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=SomethingAcacia - Reviewer]

What artists do you listen to? I strictly listen to only Korean and Thai music lol. Due to the fact that I listen to so many Korean artists I'll just list SNSD, cause they the best

What is your favourite drama and/or movie? Reply 1997 is my favourite drama, My Sassy Girl is my favourite movie.

Pick a bias: Yoongie (YoonA)

Pick a song: Complete by SNSD

Also I'll be a reviewer. I can review artists, movies, dramas and variety tv shows.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lolithar]

[spoiler=What artists do you listen to?]4minute

2ne1

Kara

Shinee

Exo-K

F(x)[/spoiler]

What is your favourite drama and/or movie?: Never seen one, so I don't have one, unfortunately

[spoiler=Pick a bias:]Gayoon-Teaser-Images-What-s-Your-Name-ga

(can't copy the pic but it's Gayoon)

She pretty much sold me into 4minute. js x3[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pick a song:]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnku4o3tRB4[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Decibel]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Raems]

What artists do you listen to? SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD
What is your favourite drama and/or movie? im sorry but im not cool enough for this
Pick a bias: Sooyoung omg
Pick a song: Oh! by Girl's Generation, duh.

snsd is my life

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

There will be more things to come like songs of the moment.

Welcome chingus!

FsAlFlq.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the invite, and here I am.

What artists do you listen to? I listen to only Korean and Thai music lol. Due to the fact that I listen to so many Korean artists I'll just list SNSD, cause they the best

What is your favourite drama and/or movie? Reply 1997 is my favourite drama, My Sassy Girl is my favourite movie.

Pick a bias: Yoongie

Pick a song: Complete by SNSD

Also I'll be a reviewer. I can review artists, movies, dramas and variety tv shows.

Yay, we're becoming a bit more relevant.x)

Welcome Thar!=D

As for miss A, I haven't heard anything. Suzy seems busy as usual and Fei has been doing this dancing and cooking show. No one really knows what Min is doing these days and she seems to have fallen behind everyone (even Jia) in popularity.=S

But yeah, it's been a while since 'Touch'... What is JYP Entertainment doing?=o

Also if someone doesn't like the club name or wants a different group in the OP, I can fix that.:3

Yay, we're becoming a bit more relevant.x)

Welcome Thar!=D

As for miss A, I haven't heard anything. Suzy seems busy as usual and Fei has been doing this dancing and cooking show. No one really knows what Min is doing these days and she seems to have fallen behind everyone (even Jia) in popularity.=S

But yeah, it's been a while since 'Touch'... What is JYP Entertainment doing?=o

Also if someone doesn't like the club name or wants a different group in the OP, I can fix that.:3

Touch isn't their most recent single :o. Don't need a Man is.

As I expected, I ran into a group that I've never heard of. One reason I joined.

Gotta say, Miss A is pretty good. Of course, I have a problem with not liking new music when I first hear it, but after a few listens, I start to love it. That's just what happened with Miss A's "Bad Girl, Good Girl" and "I don't need a man."

On the subject of Korean Dramas... I've been kinda curious about "Light and Shadow", pretty much because Gayoon is the main character (or one of them.) I might give dramas a try, and I might watch some Japanese dramas as well, since they're all on Crunchyroll.

True, 'I Don't Need a Man' was a thing. :o

Shows how relevant it was to me.=S

I like miss A too though and 'Bad Girl, Good Girl' was the first actual K-Pop song I heard (along with 2NE1's 'Can't Nobody').

Also what was everyone's favourite release for 2013 so far?

I'm stuck between Nine Muses - Wild and T-Ara, The Seeya, SPEED, F-VE Dolls, did I forget anyone on the ship? - Painkiller.

Also Henry with Trap.

Also what was everyone's favourite release for 2013 so far?

4minute - Is It Poppin?

Most of it comes from the fact that it was released without any teasers. In contrast, What's Your Name? had like 5 teasers or so, and when the actual song was released, it wasn't really that grabbing.

Though, I still remember the first K-Pop song I've ever heard... "Ticket" by the Nine Muses, which was linked in your sig. ;3

4minute - Is It Poppin?

Most of it comes from the fact that it was released without any teasers. In contrast, What's Your Name? had like 5 teasers or so, and when the actual song was released, it wasn't really that grabbing.

Though, I still remember the first K-Pop song I've ever heard... "Ticket" by the Nine Muses, which was linked in your sig. ;3

Awww yeah, Ticket!:3

Glad that my sig found some use back then, lol.

And I agree with 'What's Your Name'. How it managed to be so popular in South Korea (from what I've heard) is beyond me.

'Is it Poppin' is really nice though.

Purplay's Love and Remember is my favourite 2013 release.

Gotta check out Purplay then.

2013 was a pretty weak year for me so far, but I'm still hoping that the winter months drop a bomb on us.=o

What artists do you listen to? SNSD, Big Bang, 2NE1, 2PM, Super Junior, etc.
What is your favourite drama and/or movie? The first one that comes to mind (Random pick) is Running Man, but I watch others as well.
Pick a bias: IDK. Um... G-Dragon? I have lots.
Pick a song: IDK which one to pick. Um... Happiness (Super Junior) IDK. I like a bunch of songs, so I don't really have a favorite.

What artists do you listen to? Can't remember all of them.

What is your favourite drama and/or movie? You're mean to try to make me choose.

Pick a bias: You're mean to try to make me choose.

Pick a song: You're mean to try to make me choose.

I wrote it as this partially because I'm lazy, and it's also true.

If you can't choose one that's overall your favorite, then just write down the first thing that comes to mind. If you can't come up with one, then you're doing it wrong.

What artists do you listen to? Can't remember all of them.

What is your favourite drama and/or movie? You're mean to try to make me choose.

Pick a bias: You're mean to try to make me choose.

Pick a song: You're mean to try to make me choose.

I wrote it as this partially because I'm lazy, and it's also true.

m8 then just write down 3 for each and tone down the laziness?

We'll be waiting for you.;3

Also what is everyone's opinion on this song?=o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLjUBC4HpVQ

I fucking love 2NE1's 'Hate You'. Their 2hard-swag-so-edgy stuff doesn't cut it for me. I always hope that they release something like 'Hate You' or 'Scream', but then they bring out the wreck that was 'The Baddest Female'. lol

(note: I actually love CL and 2NE1, but YG please...)

Ladies Code is a new group who released a few songs this year. I liked the aesthetics in the MV.=o

Well it's easy to get lost in the sea of rookies during the last 2 years.=S

Then there are the groups like Brave Girls or Gangkiz who debuted a while ago and were never heard of again...

I've also been thinking that we could use something like a news guy/gal in here.

Like someone who is mostly in charge of posting news.=o

Idk, I usually keep track on the big headlines, but I'm not that up-to-date with K-Pop lately.=S

(Also does anyone here even know Korean?xD)

Archived