"Bad Character" Deck Tournament 2 [DROPPED]

This is pretty much like the regular character tournament, just with a set of weaker characters to select from..

The Rules:

- September 2013 banlist, played on DN, double elimination. Decks due to me by PM by September 10th for approval. (If you want to test them or get some advice, I can try and help).

- When you want to join, post your YCM username and DN username, as well as the character you wish to play as. You may change your character at any time before the deck deadline.

- Only 2 people can be each character.

- At least 16 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Some characters may require more.

- Mystical Space Typhoon, Dark Hole, and Limiter Removal are excluded from counting as "character cards".

- Stick to a character theme. It is okay to have secondary engines, but the non-character cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your Character cards. (Ex. You should not be running a Chaos Dragon deck deck with some Character of Atticus' cards, playing a Mermail deck with some of Shark's cards, or using a Laval deck with some of Jack's cards in it.) It is not okay to build a deck designed around simply using your character's cards as fodder. They should in some way be the stars.

- Allowed a side deck consisting of no more than 10 cards your Character doesn't use, in addition to any number of cards they do use, and you can never side out to have less Character cards in your deck than the minimum for your character.

- The Extra Deck may include only FOUR cards not in the character's Extra Deck unless otherwise stated, including copies. Of these 4, only 2 may be the same card. (IE, you can have 2 Maestroke, 1 Utopia, and 1 Gagaga Cowboy, but not 2 Maestroke and 2 Utopia or 3 Maestroke and 1 Utopia). Some character must use less.

- You must use AT LEAST 2 Spells and 2 Traps your character used. IE, you cannot use 21 of their monsters and call it good. Certain characters do not apply.

Example off the base for a Character deck. The remaining open slots can be any other cards within the guidelines, whether or not the character used them.

Cards currently  banned from use:

Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning

"Dragon Ruler cards"

Elemental HERO Absolute Zero

Elemental HERO The Shining

Evolzar Laggia

Exodia the Forbidden One

Number 11: Big Eye

Chain Material

Machina Fortress

Archlord Kristya

Lightpulsar Dragon

The following cards are limited:

Power Bond

Gear Gigant X

Playable Characters

Joey Wheeler

Rex Raptor (Bracchio-Radius is a character card. Only need 1 trap)

Weevil Underwood (Insect Princess is a character card)

Tea Gardner

Bakura

Marik

Professor Viper (Need 18 Character cards)

Greiger (Need 18 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Bastion Misawa

Alexis Rhodes

Bandit Keith (Metalmorph and Gatling Dragon are character cards)

Ishizu (Only need 1 trap)

Ruka (Does not include Rua's deck, manga Ancient Fairy Dragon is a character card)

Bonz (Pumprincess is a Character card)

Para + Dox (Includes both character's decks)

Abidos

Belowski

Chumley

Kagemaru

Chancellor Sheppard

Trueman (Dark Archetype deck only)

Nezbit (Gradius and Machine King Prototype are Character cards)

Leichter

Duke Devlin (Dice-nied is a character card)

Sartorius

Mr. Armstrong (Chain Disappearance is a character card)

Tetsu Trudge (Gaia Knight the Force of Earth is a character card)

Maximillion Pegasus (Only need 1 trap)

Noah Kaiba (Only need 1 trap)

Brier (Includes ante cards)

Tetsuo (Includes D-Team ZEXAL)

Mr. Kay

Roman Goodwin (May use 1 Insect-type tuner as a character card)

Andre (Do not need spells)

Koyo Hibiki

Makoto

Devack

Entrants:

Deathsdelano/Deathsdelano/Rex Raptor/Yes

vla1ne/Vlaine-batteryman-/Makoto/Yes

BailasGale/BailasGale/Tea Gardner/Yes

DA/SightlessReality/Bandit Keith/Yes

Kuro-Sensei/Northern/Tetsuo

Pacmanexus/-Pacman-/Ruka/Yes

Organized Chaos/Endless Glados/Leichter/Yes

Brackets

badcharacter2.png

I might want to join, using Tetsuo. Username: Northern

Does Utopia and the Xyz Monsters he used in the Duel Puzzle count? (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ZEXAL_-_Episode_060)

Also, Power Bond was limited from the start anyway.

Utopia yes, Duel Puzzle no.

Also, I don't know what game you're playing, but Power Bond is not limited in advanced format.

Utopia yes, Duel Puzzle no.

Also, I don't know what game you're playing, but Power Bond is not limited in traditional format.

Alright then. No full Extra Deck for me.

And I always confuse Power Bond and Limiter Removal for some reason. >.<

I don't need Power Bond in the deck anyway…

The brackets will be posted tonight at 12. If Koro does not have their deck list in by then, they will take a first game loss against their opponent, and if their deck is not submitted within 3 days after they will be disqualified from the tournament.

Also, the deck I decided on using is a Chumley deck, since there aren't enough entrants if I don't join.

Archived