OVER : LOCK

Squirrel Girl

Hello. My name is ByondEon and I have been to and away from this site for a few years and decided to host a contest to celebrate my return.

I appologize in advance if my Grammar is off.

[spoiler=Rules/Card Criterias]

Rules:

All YCM Rules Apply

Contestant Rules:

There will be a total of 3 teams. Each team will make a total of 25 cards (15 monster Cards including 3 extra deck cards / 6 Spell Cards / 4 Trap Cards). Each team will make cards of a certain Attribute.

In each team, there will be a total of 3 contestants.

When you join, make sure to state what team (Attribute) you wanna join.

You can change team if there are an open spot in the team when you wanna change (send me a PM if you wanna change, do not post here). You must also state why you wanna change.

Each member MUST make 4 cards each. Then the other cards you will create TOGETHER with your team.

Your whole team must be involved in the creation of ALL THE CARDS that will be made.

Each team must keep in contact with each other during this contest via PM.

The teams can also create a Club to discuss this contest (If the team decides to make a club, they will be responsible for it).

If you decides to leave this contest, leave before the contest starts.

New: PM the cards to me and -AixDivadis-

If one of the teammates are being uncooperative or just a pain in the a**, PM me and I will deal with the problem.

Judges Rules:

The Judges must be 5 stars and above.

The Judges will Judge how well the Cards work as a whole and each card individually.

The Judges will discuss with each other and with me via PM.

Criterias:

The Monster Cards must be of your specific Attribute.

The Spell/Trap Cards must Support your chosen Attribute.

There must be at least 1 Field Spell Card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Judges]

I Will Not Be A Judge.

Judges will be given 400 points each.

There will be 3 Judges.

Judges must be 5 stars and above.

1. -AixDivadis-

2. Therrion

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Teams]

LIGHT / WIND:

1. HijackAttack

2. Psychic Spirituality

3. ThorgrimZz

DARK / FIRE:

1. Plainview

2. Kyng

3. Infinite✰Rainbow

WATER / EARTH:

1. Fraxure

2. Tormented

3. Therrion

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry Fee / POT]

The entry fee is 100 points.

The team who wins will be rewarded with the entire POT.

Donations can be made and put into the pot.

POT:

1400 so far.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Complaints]

Complaints:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Deadline]

The deadline for this contest is 23/10/13.

[/spoiler]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to mark me down, and I won't be sending fee until it looks as if this will actually be a thing- however, if people start doing this, I'll join Team WIND.

Alternatively, I can become a judge if the teams begin to crowd (doubtful).

My Critique:

40 cards is a lot. Perhaps lowering to 15, 8, and 7 M/S/T respectively (total of 30) would make it more manageable. Though, personally, I don't mind contributing 8ish cards to a team. Also, the team size of 5 suggests 30 participants, which is HUGE (18 is still pretty huge, but more likely) and will next to never be achieved with all participants actually participating. Perhaps 3 people per team, and the above card limits, would assist in the beginning of the contest. Of course, the changes can wait to a certain time to see if you can perhaps pull off current expectations, but I feel at the settings you've made it won't get off the ground.

I am willing to assist somewhat newer players with the entry fee, and I'm sure if there are other contestants they will do the same. You don't have to join my team for assistance, but I am only willing for perhaps 2-4 people before someone else must assist somebody. (To avoid posting more, I'll include a list of participants I'll pay for at the end of this single post).

Anywho, sounds very interesting.

PM me if you need help on payment, makes it easier. I'll send all points at once when contestants are finalized as well as rules (if she feels to change them according to the above or not, either way I will be involved).

A nice idea, and something I'm interested in partaking in, but I must agree with Therrion. I don't think there are 30 members creating cards in the community, let alone 30 members active and willing enough to make this work. A lower card count and member count will likely make this more achievable. 

And yes, I'll be more than happy to pay of entry fees for new members. I wasn't going to spend them any way. 

Put me down for DIVINE DARK.

You don't have to mark me down, and I won't be sending fee until it looks as if this will actually be a thing- however, if people start doing this, I'll join Team WIND.

Alternatively, I can become a judge if the teams begin to crowd (doubtful).

My Critique:

40 cards is a lot. Perhaps lowering to 15, 8, and 7 M/S/T respectively (total of 30) would make it more manageable. Though, personally, I don't mind contributing 8ish cards to a team. Also, the team size of 5 suggests 30 participants, which is HUGE (18 is still pretty huge, but more likely) and will next to never be achieved with all participants actually participating. Perhaps 3 people per team, and the above card limits, would assist in the beginning of the contest. Of course, the changes can wait to a certain time to see if you can perhaps pull off current expectations, but I feel at the settings you've made it won't get off the ground.

I am willing to assist somewhat newer players with the entry fee, and I'm sure if there are other contestants they will do the same. You don't have to join my team for assistance, but I am only willing for perhaps 2-4 people before someone else must assist somebody. (To avoid posting more, I'll include a list of participants I'll pay for at the end of this single post).

Anywho, sounds very interesting.

PM me if you need help on payment, makes it easier. I'll send all points at once when contestants are finalized as well as rules (if she feels to change them according to the above or not, either way I will be involved).

Will lower this contest's contestnant number and the number of cards if there isn't enough to join. Wait for a few days and see how it turns out.

If I see that this is becoming a thing, I will put you down in WIND.

A nice idea, and something I'm interested in partaking in, but I must agree with Therrion. I don't think there are 30 members creating cards in the community, let alone 30 members active and willing enough to make this work. A lower card count and member count will likely make this more achievable. 

And yes, I'll be more than happy to pay of entry fees for new members. I wasn't going to spend them any way. 

Put me down for DIVINE DARK.

Accepted and I will put you down in the DARK team

LIGHT sounds fairly rad. I'll assist in paying the entry fee for newer members, as well. 
If you don't mind, I'll be sending my points when it starts. If you want to boot me because of that, that is fine. 

Accepted

Seems interesting. I'll send the entry fee later in this day.

Accepted

i'm feeling like DARK... Unfortunately, i cannot pay for anyone, as i need to have at least 100 for my own contest i have up. But if i do happen to gain enough, i will happily pay for others. Sending my hundred your way

Accepted

EDIT: 

Psychic Spirituality, you are accepted. Will add you to the contestant list asap

Hmm, I'll go ahead and send my points then so I'll be up on the list~

EDIT: Aix has an interesting idea of combining teams that I somewhat like. I think the teams would be LIGHT/DARK, FIRE/WATER, and EARTH/WIND, considering the Attribute combinations Konami has made. Though, that'd make LIGHT/DARK team not interesting, so combinations should be different, like "LIGHT/FIRE, EARTH/DARK, WIND/WATER". Though, the 2 contestants idea is sided. Really, anything that makes this seem like it will actually happen is fine in my eyes.

@Aix: Don't want to judge 240 cards? Wynaut!?

What if you fused Attributes to make things more manageable? Like a FIRE/EARTH team and a WATER/WIND team and etc. Or just removed some choices altogether because there's no way that you'd be able to fill all the teams.

There also doesn't appear to be a judge... I would judge if the number was lower... like A LOT lower...

You won't get the amount of people you want, but I would like to be proved wrong (I won't be, though). 

I think if you had 2 people to each team, that would be 12 people, perhaps achievable. 

And a smaller number of cards since 40 will leech peoples time. 

Otherwise it sounds good. I would join the Water team.

edit: eh, screw it, sending points. 

I think 3 people per team, and a total of 20-30 cards would be more realistic.More cards would lead to a greater possibility of having cards with a similar job with different effectiveness. Also, maybe you can actually include extra deck stuffs into monsters, with some sort of ration between main decked monsters and extra deck monsters.

15 Monsters

-3 Extra Deck MAX, max of one per teammate.

-12 Main Deck Monsters

6 Spells

-1 Field Spell MINIMUM

4 Traps

That is my ideal list, and I agree, main deck monsters would get rather repetitive. Even then, though, I imagine you could reduce it more.

EDITED to second the below post.

Hmm, I'll go ahead and send my points then so I'll be up on the list~

EDIT: Aix has an interesting idea of combining teams that I somewhat like. I think the teams would be LIGHT/DARK, FIRE/WATER, and EARTH/WIND, considering the Attribute combinations Konami has made. Though, that'd make LIGHT/DARK team not interesting, so combinations should be different, like "LIGHT/FIRE, EARTH/DARK, WIND/WATER". Though, the 2 contestants idea is sided. Really, anything that makes this seem like it will actually happen is fine in my eyes.

@Aix: Don't want to judge 240 cards? Wynaut!?

Added to the list of contestants

What if you fused Attributes to make things more manageable? Like a FIRE/EARTH team and a WATER/WIND team and etc. Or just removed some choices altogether because there's no way that you'd be able to fill all the teams.

There also doesn't appear to be a judge... I would judge if the number was lower... like A LOT lower...

Thinks for the idea. Will think of a way to combine the attributes. And will lower the card amount and number of contestants. In or not?

You won't get the amount of people you want, but I would like to be proved wrong (I won't be, though). 

I think if you had 2 people to each team, that would be 12 people, perhaps achievable. 

And a smaller number of cards since 40 will leech peoples time. 

Otherwise it sounds good. I would join the Water team.

edit: eh, screw it, sending points. 

Your in, and will lower the contestant's. Wasn't sure if this would get so many people, but I was hoping. Will lower the amount of people able to join.

I think 3 people per team, and a total of 20-30 cards would be more realistic.More cards would lead to a greater possibility of having cards with a similar job with different effectiveness. Also, maybe you can actually include extra deck stuffs into monsters, with some sort of ration between main decked monsters and extra deck monsters.

Tnks for advice. Will do that.

15 Monsters

-3 Extra Deck MAX, max of one per teammate.

-12 Main Deck Monsters

6 Spells

-1 Field Spell MINIMUM

4 Traps

That is my ideal list, and I agree, main deck monsters would get rather repetitive. Even then, though, I imagine you could reduce it more.

EDITED to second the below post.

Will change the card amount and all that. Will see the change by the end of the day (I go by my time count here in sweden)

Too all that have paid me, add you to the list.

Changed the card amount and I want suggestions for attribute combinations. You can either PM or post it here

Since the teams are made out of combinations of Attributes, perhaps a minimum of around 1-3 cards should support a deck using both attributes in the team. For example, a monster that requires DARK monsters in the Graveyard to use an effect that assists FIRE monsters, for the DARK/FIRE team.

I don't mind the combinations made.

Archived