Yu-Gi-Oh! HeroClix

Really wasnt sure where to put this. Mod can move it to a better fitting section.

4K Media Inc., A subsidiary of Konami, announced this March it would be working with WizKids to release a line of HeroClix figures based on the animated series Yu-Gi-Oh!

Due out in December 2013, the Yu-Gi-Oh! HeroClix: Series One will feature 55 figures. The last of the previews until then have been revealed:

image-327428-full.jpg?1379355923

[spoiler='Blue-Eyes White Dragon']Blue-Eyes White Dragon maneuvers into position for a ranged attack thanks to Running Shot, which allows Blue-Eyes White Dragon to move up to half its speed value and then take advantage of its 7 range.

A healthy run of Penetrating/Psychic Blast on its initial clicks ensures that Blue-Eyes White Dragon’s ranged attacks will cut through any pesky damage-reducing defense powers on successfully hit targets.

Speaking of damage-reducing powers, Blue-Eyes White Dragon enjoys protection from damage on its opening clicks thanks to Impervious, which gives Blue-Eyes White Dragon a chance to reduce all damage dealt to it to 0!

Mid-dial Impervious gives way to Invulnerability (-2 to damage dealt to Blue-Eyes White Dragon), and then to Toughness (-1 to damage dealt to Blue-Eyes White Dragon) towards the end of its dial.

Switching back to the offense, mid-dial we see that Blue-Eyes White Dragon changes tactics slightly as Running Shot gives way to Hypersonic Speed. Hypersonic Speed allows Blue-Eyes White Dragon to move up to its speed value and make a close or ranged combat attack at any point during its movement! (Just remember that ranged attacks will be at half range because Blue-Eyes White Dragon is moving so fast – it’s harder to aim at Hypersonic Speed!)

Blue-Eyes White Dragon also gains Energy Explosion mid-dial, which is super-helpful when facing clusters of opposing characters. Blue-Eyes White Dragon can use Energy Explosion to attack not only its chosen target, but to also potentially damage figures around its target as well!

Ranged Combat Expert gives the Blue-Eyes White Dragon another weapon in its ranged combat arsenal as well. The ability to modify its attack and/or damage (for a total of +2 between the two combat values) allows Blue-Eyes White Dragon to adapt to the needs of the moment and best take advantage of its ranged attack.

At 150 points, Blue-Eyes White Dragon brings durability and great damage output to your HeroClix team. Event better, thanks to a healthy run of Leadership on its dial, Blue-Eyes White Dragon can potentially earn your HeroClix team an extra action and remove a token from an adjacent friendly figure (so long as the other figure is 150 points or less).

Blue-Eyes White Dragon will work well on a variety of HeroClix team strategies, but its “Seto Kaiba” and Light keywords can be used for themed team builds.[/spoiler]

image-328672-full.jpg?1379539530

[spoiler='Dark Magician']The Dark Magician begins the game with Running Shot, which allows him to move and make a ranged attack utilizing his impressive 8 range value. With Energy Explosion, the Dark Magician can make a ranged attack against a single target (denoted by the solitary lightning bolt on his combat dial) but has the potential to damage adjacent opposing figures as well! Facing a cluster of Feral Imps? No problem for the Dark Magician thanks to Energy Explosion!

Some early-dial Probability Control demonstrates the Dark Magician’s mystical acumen, as he re-weaves the tapestry of time and forces a re-roll on an opponent’s turn or re-rolling an action of his own during his turn!

Mid-dial the Dark Magician switches tactics slightly as Running Shot gives way to Phasing/Teleport, allowing the Dark Magician to ignore terrain and other characters as he maneuvers around the battlefield. Energy Explosion gives way to Penetrating/Psychic Blast. Whenever the Dark Magician makes a ranged attack using Penetrating/Psychic Blast, the damage dealt by his attack cuts through any damage-reducing powers on his targets!

Speaking of damage-reducing powers, Dark Magician enjoys protection from damage on its opening clicks thanks to Impervious, which gives Dark Magician a chance to reduce all damage dealt to it to 0!

Mid-dial Impervious gives way to Invulnerability (-2 to damage dealt to Dark Magician), and then to Toughness (-1 to damage dealt to Dark Magician) towards the end of his dial.

Mid- to late-dial we also see Outwit appear on the Dark Magician’s dial. Give the Dark Magician a free action to use Outwit and he can counter any power showing on an opposing figure that is within the Dark Magician’s line of fire!

Some late-dial Pulse Wave allows the Dark Magician to stay in the fight to the very end. Pulse Wave will attack everyone within 4 squares and deal damage that ignores any powers or abilities on the hit characters!

At 150 points, the Dark Magician is half of a standard 300 point HeroClix build, but with a great array of ranged and support abilities, as well as consistent combat values, the Dark Magician is a great asset to many different strategies.

The Dark Magician possesses the “Yugi Muto,” Dark, and Mystical keywords, allowing for some thematic team builds, capitalizing even more on the Dark Magician’s strengths on the battlefield![/spoiler]

image-328968-full.jpg?1379601423

[spoiler='Feral Imp']The Feral Imp begins the game maneuvering into position to make a close combat attack thanks to Charge, which allows the Feral Imp to move up to half its speed value before attacking. Blades/Claws/Fangs gives the Feral Imp the potential to deal as much as 6 damage with its close combat attack, since it can replace its standard damage value with the result of a single die roll!

Moving the Feral Imp into the melee allows you to capitalize on its close combat strengths as well as take greatest advantage of its Combat Reflexes, which adds +2 to its defense value against retaliatory close combat attacks by opposing figures. That 16 defense? Thanks to Combat Reflexes it's now an 18 versus close combat attacks!

Some mid- to late-dial Leap/Climb enhances the Feral Imp's mobility, as it can move without concern for opposing figures or terrain. Leap/Climb also has the added benefit of allowing the Feral Imp to make close combat attacks against opposing figures regardless of elevation! That Blue-Eyes White Dragon hiding out on the edge of a cliff, seemingly out of your reach? No problem for the Feral Imp thanks to Leap/Climb!

We also see Close Combat Expert appear on the Feral Imp's dial at this point as well. Close Combat Expert gives you the choice to modify Feral Imp's attack and/or damage values (for a total of +2 between the two values), allowing the Feral Imp to adapt to the needs of the moment and further increasing its versatility in combat.

Late-dial the Feral Imp gains a very potent close combat combination of powers. We're familiar with the effects of Blades/Claws/Fangs, but the addition of Flurry means that the Feral Imp can make not one, but two close combat attacks – each time using Blades/Claws/Fangs to do as much as 6 damage to two separate targets, or even 12 damage to one target!

At only 50 points, the Feral Imp will be a very popular addition to many teams that need an inexpensive secondary or tertiary attack piece. The addition of the “Yugi Muto” and Dark keywords gives players some additional theme team options as well.[/spoiler]

image-329626-full.jpg?1379693372

[spoiler='Des Feral Imp']Des Feral Imp begins play skulking in the shadows thanks to an opening click of Stealth, allowing it to use hindering terrain on the map to hide from ranged effects and attacks. However, once it’s ready to attack it springs into action, starting on its second click thanks to a useful array of close combat powers!

Des Feral Imp can use Charge to move up to half its speed value and make a close combat attack with Blades/Claws/Fangs! Blades/Claws/Fangs gives you the choice to use either Des Feral Imp’s printed damage value or to replace it with the result of a single die roll. Des Feral Imp could potentially do as much as 6 damage in a single attack!

Mid- to late-dial Des Feral Imp gains Quake, allowing it to attack all adjacent opposing figures with a single close combat attack! Leap/Climb gives Des Feral Imp a nice boost in mobility as well, since Leap/Climb allows Des Feral Imp to ignore terrain and characters for movement purposes and allows it to attack other characters on the edge of elevated terrain.

A final click of Blades/Claws/Fangs means Des Feral Imp is deadly right up to the bitter end of the fight.

Initially, Des Feral Imp has some potential protection from opposing attacks thanks to Super Senses, which gives it a 1 in 3 chance of avoiding attacks altogether! Later in its dial, Des Feral Imp gains Toughness, which reduces damage dealt to it by -1.

At only 50 points, Des Feral Imp will make a great addition to a variety of team builds and strategies. Consistent combat values and a good power selection will ensure that Des Feral Imp will see play on theme teams utilizing its “Seto Kaiba” and Dark keywords as well.[/spoiler]

130920-small.jpg

[spoiler='Hitotsu-Me Giant']The Hitotsu-Me Giant begins the game by bringing the fight directly to the opposing force thanks to Charge, which allows the Hitotsu-Me Giant to move up to half its speed value and make a close combat attack at the end of its movement.

The Hitotsu-Me Giant also possesses Super Strength which means as it moves in for the attack, it can pick up an object on the battlefield and use that in an attack against an opposing figure for more damage!

Some early-dial Invulnerability grants the Hitotsu-Me Giant some protection against damage (-2 to damage dealt to the Hitotsu-Me Giant) while Battle Fury allows the Hitotsu-Me Giant to ignore Mind Control and Incapacitate attacks as well as any Shape Change that the target of its attack may be trying to use.

Mid-dial the Hitotsu-Me Giant still has Super Strength but trades in its Charge for Flurry, meaning that it can make up to two close combat attacks per turn (either against the same target or two different targets if applicable).

It's at this point in the dial that the Hitotsu-Me Giant loses Invulnerability and gains Toughness instead, which reduces damage dealt by -1 instead. However, while its damage reduction goes down, its damage output goes up thanks to Close Combat Expert! Close Combat Expert gives you the choice to modify either the Hitotsu-Me Giant's attack and/or damage values (for a total of +2 between the two values), allowing the Hitotsu-Me Giant to best adapt to the needs of the moment.

The final power we see on the Hitotsu-Me Giant ‘s dial is Regeneration, which gives it the potential to heal up to four clicks! The Hitotsu-Me Giant can potentially heal up to its second click thanks to Regeneration!

However, that's not all! Players using the Hitotsu-Me Giant have two options on how they prefer to use the Hitotsu-Me Giant in their HeroClix games: as a 100 point figure or as a 10 point Spell/Trap (denoted by the bear trap symbol on its character card). Don't worry; if you choose to play the Hitotsu-Me Giant as a 100 point character, you still gain the Spell/Trap ability if the Hitotsu-Me Giant is knocked out (“K.O.'ed”).

The Hitotsu-Me Giant‘s Spell/Trap ability allows you to give a power action to another friendly figure and turn the Hitotsu-Me Giant's dial so either the Spell or Trap symbol is showing. You'll want to hide this choice from your opponent by placing the combat dial face down on the friendly figure's character card.

Whenever your chosen effect would be triggered, you flip the Hitotsu-Me Giant Spell/Trap combat dial up and reveal it to your opponent, and then follow the effects described on the Hitotsu-Me Giant's character card.

But wait, how can you place your Hitotsu-Me Giant's combat dial face down on the character card in the first place? Well, the Hitotsu-Me Giant is a SwitchClix, which means you can remove the Hitotsu-Me Giant sculpt from the combat dial base thanks to a special locking mechanism![/spoiler]

image-331776-full.jpg?1380037933

[spoiler='Breaker the Magical Warrior']Breaker the Magical Warrior is an impressive melee combatant and his HeroClix combat dial represents that well. Breaker the Magical Warrior begins play able to bring the fight to his enemies thanks to Charge; he can move up to half his speed value and then make a close combat attack!

To add a little more pepper to Breaker the Magical Warrior’s close combat attacks, he also possesses Blades/Claws/Fangs, which allows him to substitute the result of rolling one die for his standard damage value. That means Breaker the Magical Warrior can do as much as 6 damage with a single attack!

Even better, Breaker the Magical Warrior also has Exploit Weakness, which means that damage from his close combat attack will bypass any damage-reducing powers his target may possess. Talk about a potent combination of powers!

Mid-dial Breaker the Magical Warrior gives up Charge in favor of Flurry, which allows him to make two close combat attacks against one target or two different targets!

Late-dial Breaker the Magical Warrior regains both Charge and Exploit Weakness.

Initially, Breaker the Magical Warrior relies on Invulnerability to protect him from damage dealt (-2 to damage dealt to Breaker the Magical Warrior), and then Toughness (-1 to damage dealt to Breaker the Magical Warrior) towards the end of his dial.

Breaker the Magical Warrior possesses the “Yugi Muto,” Dark, and Mystical keywords, and at only 100 points he is an asset as both a primary or secondary attacker on your HeroClix team.[/spoiler]

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neca/the-exclusive-yu-gi-oh-game-card-wallet

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=3302

I always liked the HeroClix game. Been wanting to get into it again since Pacific Rim game pieces were released, but those might have to wait.

Archived