YCM Fall Classic (Round 3 Card Requirement is Up!)

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LFDeKMa.jpg

During your main phase 1, you can banish 1 "D.D" monster from your graveyard or your side of the field. If you do, until the end of your opponent's turn, any card that would be sent to the Graveyard is banished instead. When a monster is summoned from the banished pile, you can banish 1 "D.D" card from your deck or graveyard. Add it to your hand during your next end phase. This effect of "D.D Collapse Region" can only be activated once per turn.

First sentence is intentionally made as a part of the effect, not a cost.

DD_zpsea15250c.jpg

"D.D." cards sent to the Graveyard are banished instead. If you have 4 or more cards in your banished zone during your Standby Phase: You can Special Summon this card from your hand with the following effect: Banish the top 2 cards of your Deck. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 card banished by this card's effect to your hand. 

Aside from Toyo (who didn't enter a card), the bottom of the pack were very close together. It was hard judging the cards, especially since I had to redo some of them after realizing I misread a card wrong that I previously referenced in them (D.D. Survivor). Anyway, here are the results.

[spoiler=Therrion]

Balance: 8/10

Playability: 8.5/10

Overall Design: 9/10

Average Score: 8.5/10

An interesting hand trap that can set-up some plays. I like how it can be used offensively and defensively. It’s Special Summon effect best works with D.D Survivor, but I imagine you’d have to have something that gets your opponent’s cards banished (Macro Cosmos) before you plan on using that effect which does balance that out. Though, that’d lead to a +1 when all is said and done. I do enjoy it having a Macro Cosmos clause in it as it gives a good replacement for that. Also, the restriction at the end does help balance the Special Summon effect even more and it does limit that +1 with D.D. Survivor.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=AixDivadis]

Balance: 6.5/10

Playability: 10/10

Overall Design: 8.5/10

Average Score: 8.3/10

Simple and effective. The Macro Cosmos clause D.D another monster (Banisher of Radiance and Banisher of Light being the others) that can get their key player D.D. Survivor (also D.D. Scout Plane, but Survivor is used more) banished in order to be brought back again. Macro Monarchs will love this card as it gives them the potential for +1 plays off Tribute Summons (the Summon itself would be a +0 considering Survivor would just come back during the End Phase). The last clause may try to prevent this, but it doesn’t do a very good job. Interesting card though, yet Monarchs may love this a bit too much. Though, the Tuner aspect may give D.D. some extra Synchro capabilities. It has a lot going for it, but some things are just dragging it down.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=HijackAttack]

Balance: 6/10

Playability: 7.5/10

Overall Design: 6/10

Average Score: 6.5/10

One +1 during the End Phase coming right up! D.D. Scout Plane can make this card’s Summon a +1 if you use Scout Plane as the “cost” to Summon it. Yes, it requires help from your opponent, but that isn’t the only abuse this can do. Scout Plane can be the “cost” to destroy a monster and gain yet another +1. And if a Macro Monarch player decides to use this, more pluses for them. Not a very good card with those things in mind. In essence, this card is too strong in its current state.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fraxure]

Playability: 6/10

Overall Design: 6/10

Average Score: 6.7/10

The first effect would have been better served it was all cards instead of just D.D. cards. It’s Special Summon effect requires a bit of help from Macro Cosmos, Dimensional Fissure, Banisher of Light, or Banisher of Radiance in order to be viable. While that isn’t a problem, that just makes it mid to late-game. However, that effect is a bit underwhelming. The battle damage part of the effect makes it slow to get the cards, and it would just waste the cards you banished to Special Summon this card. Sad to say, this didn’t do what it wanted to do effectively.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Infinite Rainbow]

Balance: 6/10

Playability: 8/10

Overall Design: 7/10

Average Score: 7/10

The first effect is a +0 if used with D.D. Survivor. And, you get a Macro Cosmos effect for a turn as well. D.D. Scout Plane makes this entire card a +2 if you use it (+1 if with D.D. Survivor) for the first effect and the second effect. So, this card does have a few flaws that hurt it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Toyo]

No card = 0/10

0/10 = Eliminated

Therefore, No card = Eliminated

[/spoiler]

Fraxure, HijackAttack, and Toyo: you have been eliminated. The difference between 3rd and 5th was 0.5, so don't feel too bad about being cut. I hope you guys continue working hard and continue improving in your craft. As for the rest of you, I'll get the final card requirement up tomorrow. Enjoy your evening.

I guess I'll be the first to post~

t4lLqAT.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During your Standby Phase, if this card was destroyed by battle during your opponent's last Battle Phase: Special Summon this card, then inflict 800 damage to your opponent. Iif the amount of cards you control are more than or equal to the number of cards your opponent controls: You can banish this card you control; banish up to 2 cards your opponent controls, then you take damage equal to the half the total DEF of monsters banished this way.

Qh1Jrqy.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned successfully; all other face-up monsters on the field cannot be removed from the field until your opponent's next end phase. When another face-up monster you control on the field is destroyed, you can pay 1500 life points to banish this card. If you do, during your next turn's Standby Phase, Special Summon this card with its original ATK and DEF swapped, then flip all other monsters on the field into face-down Defense Position. 

I believe that the metagame is too offensive right now, so here's a purely defensive Synchro monster.

Updh8ma.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
"Vampire" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects during your turn. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Vampire" monster you control to target 1 monster in either Graveyard or in your hand; Special Summon it, but if you do, monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except that monster.

[spoiler=Therrion]

Playability: 8/10

Overall Design: 8/10

Average Score: 8/10

The first effect seems fine. It does require your opponent to think about getting rid of this card which promotes player interaction. My problem is the other effect. While the second effect looks balanced and well thought out, it does have some issues. First off, you can just hit their back row. The Life Point cost becomes non-existent then and you get an easy +1. Also, this card’s effect can become dangerous during the late-game as you can make a push to end it with the proper set-up. It that case, this is an enabler. Just some thoughts on the card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=AixDivadis]

Balance: 9/10

Playability: 9/10

Overall Design: 9/10

Average Score: 9/10

My first encounter with the Vampire archetype, so bear with me. From what I’ve looked up, this is a great card for them. The first effect gives them the ability to make a push towards your opponent, but that can be a bit tricky if its for game as they can’t do anything. Though, it makes them play around this card which forces player interaction. The second effect gives you the chance to make crucial plays and the opportunity to get the Xyz Monsters out to play. The attack prevention clause works perfectly as it allows this card to simply set-up plays while giving your opponent a turn to counter them. Great card!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Infinite Rainbow]

Balance: 7.5/10

Playability: 8.5/10

Overall Design: 8.5/10

Average Score: 8.2/10

First effect is a nice anti-meta effect, though it has problems. No Xyz, no Synchro, no destruction. That locks up a lot of options even though its temporarily. The second effect wouldn’t be viable late-game, which balances that effect considerably. However, 1500 Life Points for a beater is iffy to me. Though, it’s just a beater and I doubt you’ll use its second effect another time. So, timing is key. Overall, nice card in spite of its trouble areas.

[/spoiler]

These cards were very interesting to grade, and 1st and 3rd were only separated by a point. The results are as followed:

1st: AixDivadis

2nd: Infinite Rainbow

3rd: Therrion

Congratulations everybody on a job well done, and thanks for participating. ^^

Archived