(Leaderboard) Infinite✰Rainbow vs TechGenusMaster (Infinite*Rainbow wins)

Maeriberii Haan

YCM and Leaderboard Rules apply.
First to 3 votes, wins. Loser gives a Like to the winner.
Use this site's Card Maker, submit card via PM.
Card due date: 10/21/13 Deadline: 10/26/13

Requirements:

Create a WIND attribute support card. Anything is fine, as long as it supports WIND monsters directly.

Card A:
yCUuED3.jpg

Card B:
NsoRf9k.jpg

May the best card win.

Card A can SS itself if monsters are bounced to hand/returned to Deck by stuff like Pot of Avarice, Moray of Greed, etc; can return another WIND monster to recycle a smaller one in Graveyard (though I should mention that if you have another copy of this card in hand, you can SS it with the 1st one's effect, however the limitation effect of this card prevents it from creating a loop)

Card B, either field destruction or hand destruction (discards if user has 3+ WIND monsters). I have a feeling I've seen a card with an identical effect to this w/out the WIND requirement, but not sure on that.

That all said and done, my vote's going to card A on this one due to more creativity/balance (though both cards are good in their own right).

I'm voting for Card A as well. It functions with the most common strategy WINDs use, the bouncing. Its utility would be maximized had it been a Winged Beast, though.

Card B on the other hand is... underwhelming. Because there are cards that do everything they do, but better. First effect? MST. Second effect? Soul Taker, makes things miss timing too. Third effect? This one is okay, but... it bothers me that the effect which requires the most field presence is a -1 when the others are 0s. It seems like a desperate attempt to balance, which kind of backfires in my opinion. It's also slow as hell.

So yeah.

So when Card A is returned to the Deck/hand, it Special Summons itself from the hand (which doesn't make sense with the Deck Trigger, which should've been addressed), then you return 1 WIND you control and recycle a card. It also says "this effect", which addresses the effect before hand when "this" is used. So, it can only recycle once per turn, however, this allows it to still Summon itself back again if it returns itself for the recycle. This just seems too much all together, and has many in-text problems with it.

Card B is nice. It is simple in execution and effective in practice. A conditional Dust Tornado at first, but with more cards, enters the somewhat too much zone. It isn't that hard to have 2 WIND monsters, and in most cases, if you can't land 2 monsters in a single turn, you can't make a play. So a 2-4-1 is a little much, and should've had a cost associated with it to balance it (or had been made the last effect, referring to #2).

Since my vote doesn't go from creativity, the creativity A has over B doesn't counterbalance for the loopiness included in a single card (A), and I'd rather vote for a slightly more OP (which usually just means would ACTUALLY be used in decks, perhaps as a staple for WIND Decks) card (B ) under such occasions. So Card B has my vote.

Ah, it needed to end anyway (although CrystalKing's reasoning seemed a little flawed, but that could be me). GG Rainbow.

I had a feeling I would lose this one simply because I don't know enough about WIND monsters. I play LIGHT, DARK, and  EARTH for the most part. FIRE, WATER, and WIND are areas I need more work in. 

I admit that I was a bit pessimistic when I realized that made an easily triggerable +1(though the +1 is not actually loopable, but the summon does,), and my card does have the unhealthy interaction with some cards. 

Your card is definitely good though, since the effects stacks(something that some voters might have missed), and decks like Harpies, Gusto, or MPB can easily fulfill the conditions. Eventhough that it can be easily be too much (Dracossack, Hysteric Party, and others can easily set all 3 effects), not to mention being chainable to your WIND monster's destruction, it doesn't have much possibility of an unhealthy interaction with other cards, 

Thank you for challenging me.

Archived