We're always accepting, though you sure you'll be active? You know why I ask.

Regarding my post, and general etiquette - anyone who does not know Selisen's (Aix's drow trap) actual sex should refer to him as a she. Renegade's Mephala noticed it, and should do the opposite, however anyone who has yet to discover such should play their character's mind in turn of the player. Until they discover it, try refer to Selisen as a she should you even come about to it.

We've got a brilliant opportunity to get the introductions out of the way quick enough, as well as smaller interactions. While I am working on the next progression post I will do nice small little posts to keep some dialogue should your characters have them with Ajax or Alviss, and you'd want them to be discussed quickly rather than another huge post.

Renegade and Elly, your characters are known to Herodotus. I will be discussing with the pair of you what we can do with such. Well done for using the setting to your advantage =3

Any confusion please do run by me!

I can definitely go back and edit Mephala noticing that Selisen is female if that would make things easier. 

EDIT: finished Damian's backstory, btw

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Bridget Tzigane]Bridgetcloseup.png

"I'm not ashamed to be a half-breed, I merely hide it to avoid unfounded hatred."

Personal Information
Character NameBridget Tzigane (tsi-gahn)
RaceHalf human, half wood elf
Sex: Female
[spoiler=Personality]Bridget tends to be on the quiet side. She does this not because she is shy, but because she enjoys watching people interact with one another and the world around them. She doesn't mind being the center of attention, either, as long as she is the one to put herself in that spotlight. This tends to happen when she tries to show off her skills, which she loves to do whenever given the chance. This does not, by any means, indicate that she is a selfish person. Her alchemy skills are often used to help those in need, so she enjoys creating awe and wonder for those willing to watch her. As for her gypsy skills, she mostly uses them as a means to heighten the spirits of others, or to keep their spirits high when times are lighthearted and fun. She's also a charitable person, often offering her alchemy skills free of charge to those who are in need of it. Bridget can be a bit immature at times, especially towards someone who's rubber her the wrong way. She also has a hard time holding her tongue when speaking to someone who has little to no respect or regards for anyone aside themselves and/or nature. This has lead to Bridget getting into trouble a few times for being a "smartmouthed brat" to the wrong people. She's also gotten into trouble for speaking her mind, since she rarely holds back any punches.[/spoiler][spoiler=Appearance]

Bridget.png

[spoiler=Full Body View]This is quick drawing I did to help show her entire outfit, since the other picture doesn't show it too well. I didn't focus too much on details, since you can see most of them in the other picture.

Bridgetquick.png[/spoiler]

Bridget stands at 5'4", but her wavy hair makes it look like she's taller than that. Her body build is lean, with just enough muscle needed for survival in nature to be possible. This puts her weight around 145 pounds. Her freckles, due to her skin tone, are hard to notice at a distance. A person with normal vision usually can't see them until they're about 10 feet or closer to her. Even though she has freckles throughout her body, most of them are on her shoulders and her cheeks. She also has a beauty mark to the left and above her lip. Her ears are a tad bit bigger than humans, but not nearly as long as they would be if she was a full-blooded elf.[/spoiler][spoiler=Biography]When Bridget was a few months old, a pack of gypsies found her in a basket that somehow got snagged on a bridge as it drifted down the river. There was no note in the basket, so the gypsies could only speculate on what happened. Some would say that she was taken away from her home when a rumor claims that a tsunami had took out a town only a few days before. Others would say that some other accident might have happened that ended with her being in the river. A select few even said she was abandoned on purpose, which caused the rest of the rest of the group to roll their eyes given the fact that Bridget was a few months old and looked to have been well cared for. In any case, they had agreed to name her Bridget, as a reminder to her that good luck can come in any form.

A few years had passed and Bridget was a freshly-turned 9 year old. At this point, she had learned the basics of fortune-telling and a few other skills needed to live the life of a gypsy. As grateful as she was to the gypsies for raising her, she never felt like the gypsy life was for her, but didn't say anything so she wouldn't disrespect her family. It wasn't until the group took in a druid couple for a few days that Bridget began to sense what her life had in store for her. The druids taught her a few tidbits about what they knew and she took to it fairly quickly, enjoying greatly what little knowledge was passed to her. When it was time for the druids to separate from the gypsies, Bridget made the bold decision to leave the gypsies and be with the druids. The gypsies, of course, were hesitant about letting her go, but seeing how much she enjoyed her time with the druids, they couldn't dream of stealing that happiness from her. This began her path of knowledge.

Bridget stayed the druids for about 6 years, soaking up as much knowledge as she could from them. She learned which plants are which, what uses they have, how to harvest and preserve them and all sorts of survival techniques. She was even able to learn a few minor spells from them, thanks to her wood elf half. However, the knowledge the druids had just weren't enough for Bridget and only covered the organic part of nature; she wanted to learn everything she could about nature and all of its resources. So after a heartfelt night of celebration and goodbyes, she left for the city of Hamson.

During her stay at Hamson, she took up an apprenticeship at the alchemy building, learning just about everything she could ever want there. She also took a job at the blacksmith's towards her later years of staying at Hamson, mostly as a means to learn a few basic techniques for working with and mending metals for personal uses. Her life in Hamson lasted for 10 years, when she turned 25. At that point in her life, she learned all that she could have ever wanted and decided to live life on the road again.

During the next 3 years, Bridget traveled the land, going from town to town, helping those she could with her alchemist and druid skills. Her aid would range potions and balsams to heal the sick and injured to poisons and traps used to ward off pests and troubling creatures. At present, she has returned to Hamson mostly for trading and rest.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment]Knapsack: This simple bag has about 15 pockets on it, varying in size and shape. Its worn like a backpack and covers about half of her back. The contents within it are mostly alchemy supplies and a few survival items. Its contents are further detailed in the inventory section.

Iron Dagger: A typical 10" dagger that has one sharpened side, a curved and sharp tip, and a leather handle that's be replaced more than once. Rarely used for combat, Bridget mostly uses this as a multipurpose tool for when she spends her days in the wilderness.

Metal Plates: These metal plates on mostly worn on off of her hips, protecting the side of her thighs. There have been times when she has used them as makeshift arm guards for when she's needed a shield to help protect herself better.

Muscle Relaxant Powder: This powder is contained in a pouch on her left hip and is Bridget's main form of self-defense. Should the need ever rise, she dips her dagger in the powder and proceeds to slice at a muscle on the enemy. The powder takes a moment to kick in, but when it does, it quickly relaxes and numbs out the muscle and the surrounding area the dagger hit. With enough powder on the dagger, she can relax and numb out the entire body. She can even kill with the powder by using a high enough dosage that could relax and stop the heart. Thankfully, Bridget has never had to use the powder to that extreme. Its effects wears off after half an hour or so, if left untreated. This gives Bridget plenty of time to escape.

Clothes: Aside from the metal plates, Bridget wears no armor. She prefers clothes that are light and allow her [acronym=hence the baggy pants.]flexibility.[/acronym] She prefers her clothes to be green or brown because not only does that look best on her, it also allows her to blend into the forest better.[/spoiler][spoiler=Inventory]Alchemy supplies are sorted by their uses. If an ingredient is followed with a (#), it indicates that ingredient needs to be in bundles of # for it to be a full [acronym=serving is used as a general measurement term for ingredients when used to make potions and poisons.]serving.[/acronym] Ingredients with x# behind it indicates how many servings of that ingredient she has at that moment. If an ingredient has an asterisk after it, it means it has multiple uses. Ingredients listed multiple times will have their quantity stated on the first listing since they aren't separated into different quantities for each of their different uses.

Alchemy Ingredients

• [acronym=These ingredients are used to help deal with and/or cure simple poisons found in nature, like poison ivy.]Antidotes[/acronym]: Thistle Flower (2) x3, Powdered Crab Chitin x2.
  • Health Restore: [acronym=These are similiar looking to white cap mushrooms, but are thicker and the caps are a light tan]Imp Stool*[/acronym] x11, Blue Nigella Flower x3, Blue Dasher x2, Powdered Warbler Eggshell (3) x2.
  • Stamina Restore: [acronym=a 3"x3" piece that's about an inch thick is a serving]Honeycomb[/acronym] x2, Powdered Deer [acronym=a 2"-3" long piece of antler usually provides enough for a serving]Antler[/acronym] x3.
  • [acronym=These ingredients are mostly used to make the muscle relaxant powder, but can be used to create other poisons]Poisons:[/acronym] Briar Rose Flower (3) x4, [acronym=a bundle the size of a fist before being grounded into powder is enough for a serving]Goatbush[/acronym] x4, [acronym=In order to be used as a poison, it has to be burned and the ashes are used for the poison. For it to be used to heal, it has to be dried and grounded up. Eating it as is has little to no effect for healing or poisoning]Imp Stool*[/acronym]

Alchemy Supplies

• Mortar and Pestle: Made out of stone, this was a handmade gift she received during her 10 years in Hamson.
  • Glassware (unused): She has 2 [acronym=mostly round with a flat bottom, like the one see in the picture]bottles[/acronym], 3 flasks and 4 vials. Each has their own cork with a few spares.
  • Leather Pouches: Able to hold a bottle's worth of liquid, these liquid tight and reusable pouches are used for when Bridget needs to throw potions and poisons. Having purchased 7 of them about a week ago, Bridget has yet to put any of them into use yet.

Misc.

• 2 Deer Furs: These are strapped to the knapsack at the top of it. Bridget mostly uses these as a blanket and/or lays on top of them to get off the ground.
  • Rope: Used for just about everything, it is about 15' in length. It is used to tie the furs and anything else needed to the knapsack when its not in use.
  • Seasoning Powder: A delicious seasoning that Bridget created herself that can be used on just about anything. A friend, who tasted it, once said, "[The seasoning powder] is so good, it could even make dog sh*t taste good!" This caused Bridget to immediately leave the scene in embarrassment when they said that.
  • Leather Canteen: Bridget mostly has this to store water needed for when she makes potions and poisons. She does use it for drinking water when she knows she's going into an area where drinking water is harder to find.
  • 3 Health Potions: Contained within glass bottles, these potions help to heal a person of most injuries and wounds. 1 potion is highly concentrated, allowing it take in effect almost immediately when consumed and heal within a few seconds. The other 2 potions are of normal concentration. This means they take longer to go into effect and heals over a period of time.
  • 1 Stamina Potion: Stored in a vial, this shot of potion gives its drinker a boost in energy for the next few hours after a few minutes of consumption. Bridget mostly drinks this when she has to cover a lot of ground in less than a day.
  • Tarot Cards: A deck of 32 cards, Bridget rarely uses these. She uses these and her gypsy skills as a means to gain money for when she needs it, allowing her to use her alchemy skills free of charge for those in need of it.
  • Money: Starting off, she had 12 Silvers and 68 Copper. Now its 11S, 53C.

[/spoiler][spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s)]Bowmanship: Though Bridget may not carry any bow and arrows with her, she is more than capable of using them for hunting. As for using it as a weapon in battle, she's best off sticking with a small blade.

Small Blade Proficiency: Daggers being her preference, Bridget is able to use just about any small blade with ease for fights and self-defense. She tries to avoid fights, however, so don't expect her to be charging into battle anytime soon.

Self-Defense: Her time with the gypsies and druids has given her self-defense skills proficient enough to fend off an attacker or two, sometimes three if they're not very good fighters. Any bigger and Bridget is best off escaping the attackers, since she has little to no fighting skills.

Alchemy: Bridget is able to use just anything to create potions and poisons in either liquid or powder form. She's able to make highly concentrated concoctions that active and do their task quickly, making them perfect for use in the middle of battle. She also makes normal versions of concoctions that take their time to work, making them perfect to use during downtime.

Mana Manipulation: Thanks to her wood elf half, Bridget is able to use the mana in the area. She ability to do this, however, it just below average, making it hard to cast most minor spells without the need of a mana crystal. This causes Bridget to mostly use her magic to help start fires for camps or torches, if she has the time to do it.[/spoiler]

Other Information

Tzigane is another word for wanderer. Since she was never given a last name, she choose Tzigane for her last name as a way to pay respects to everyone who lives that lifestyle. She also never gives out her last name unless its been asked for.[/spoiler]

Alright, my app is done from what I can tell. I'm sure I have to make a few edits, once I've received a CnC or two.

[spoiler=Original post, aside from app]Hey Kyng, for my inventory, would I have to list every herb and other plants she has on her atm? Or can it be a general list of what some of the supplies do, like mending wounds, stopping fevers, ward off whatever, etc?[/spoiler]

I'd love to finish up my app tonight, but typing up her inventory has burnt me out for the night. Aside from not having her personality and attack/technique done, what do you think of the app so far, Kyng? I'm more than happy to receive CnC from everyone else, too. Just post it on here or message it to me, either way works fine for me.

Btw, is it just me or can no one else get to the second page of this forum as well?

Thanks Cherz.

Everything seems in order Aisu. I really like the original artwork you've done, looks really good and I can see you've gotten better. I love the potion-lobbing one in particular. You need to mention her clothing in her equipment unless she's a nudist. Also have another look over how money has been addressed in the OoC and other people's apps.

Yeah, i just wrote that down for money mostly as a memo, since I have a question about it.. How much does a night at an inn usually cost?

Scratch all of that. I got a bit impatient for the answer and decided to give her a bit of money so I could finish my app. Lol. But yeah, my app is finally finished! Go ahead and do a full CnC when ya can, Kyng. As for payment if I'm accepted, do you want me to just give ya all of the points I have? Your RP's are pretty much the only thing I spend them on, so I don't care if I don't have any. Lol.

Alright, guys. There's 5 bandits. Its up to you whether or not you fight the bandits or just go, "Your on your own." Either way, Bridget has made her dabut.

Edit: Oh! Btw, you guys have complete control over the bandits now that its obvious that they have no intrest in backing down.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. That escalated quickly. . _.'

Anyways, I'ma wait for a couple of posts before I do my post, so I can answer any questions that come Bridget's way.

Speaking of Bridget, her ears are covered atm, Kyng. You don't have to fix that part of the post, just keep that in mind if he tries to figure out her race.

You've a good point there Aix, and that is the likely way things will go soon - but not quite yet.

Firstly comes Herodotus' land. Afterwards upon returning to the bay, they'll probably break off into individual groups.

By the way, do take Cherz' initiative - make up quests! Every single one of you here are active participants in the Role-play, and you too have a say in about where the plot will go. Use the opportunity folks!

Archived