Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon

A base 5600 ATK card...but with the need of Photon Dragon to have it resolve its effect...and not to mention the insane Dark Knight effect with the ATK halve. Art looks very similar to Photon Dragon but it still is quite sexy and a better counterpart than Neo Photon. It's balanced fairly overall and it shall be the one who dominates Bujins.

As a generic Rank 8, it will not be amazing. Most Decks that make Rank 8s will prefer Sylvan, Giant Killer, Felgrand, etc. To most Decks, this is an enormous beater that deals half-damage and nothing else. But to Galaxy Decks, this card is godly awesome. But it probably won't usurp the other Rank 8s in the Deck as the main Xyz option, if only because the other Rank 8s are better, depending on the situation.

Giant Killer can kill monsters with potentially massive burn damage. Felgrand is a major control option. Tachyon has the negation and possible double swing. Hieratic has the popping effect. As a contrast, Prime Photon is a beater on-par with Neo Galaxy-Eyes, but significantly easier to bring out. That's the key to Prime's epicness: It's easier to Summon, and has the same potential to murder the opponent. But without Galaxy-Eyes as a Material, it deals half-damage, which is why most Decks might prefer to pass on it.

As a generic Rank 8, it will not be amazing. Most Decks that make Rank 8s will prefer Sylvan, Giant Killer, Felgrand, etc. To most Decks, this is an enormous beater that deals half-damage and nothing else. But to Galaxy Decks, this card is godly awesome. But it probably won't usurp the other Rank 8s in the Deck as the main Xyz option, if only because the other Rank 8s are better, depending on the situation.

Giant Killer can kill monsters with potentially massive burn damage. Felgrand is a major control option. Tachyon has the negation and possible double swing. Hieratic has the popping effect. As a contrast, Prime Photon is a beater on-par with Neo Galaxy-Eyes, but significantly easier to bring out. That's the key to Prime's epicness: It's easier to Summon, and has the same potential to murder the opponent. But without Galaxy-Eyes as a Material, it deals half-damage, which is why most Decks might prefer to pass on it.

That said, the good Rank 8 pool is slim enough I wouldn't be surprised if people teched one for that odd occasion where you need more than 3k to beat over something and Giant Killer is too fragile to use, as nobody would argue 4k is a lot of staying power. If nothing else, as others have said, it's an out to Bujins.

Is it just me, or are all the older decks getting far more stabilizing support? even Lightsworns and koa'ki meirus (who I thought would NEVER see another support card)are getting cards out the back to support them. and with this... it's like konami's trying to make the game balanced.

Is it just me, or are all the older decks getting far more stabilizing support? even Lightsworns and koa'ki meirus (who I thought would NEVER see another support card)are getting cards out the back to support them. and with this... it's like konami's trying to make the game balanced.

Blasphemy. We're talking about lolkonmai here.

Archived