Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker Legend Series - January 2014 [Round 4 started!]

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to the above, I'll have to elaborate the scenario of the last game. We're close enough to the end where this type of info will at least be good to see.

Aix goes first (having lost game 2). He sets a monster and 2 backrow.

I play Foolish Burial, sending Heraldic Beast Leo, searching Aberconway. I set 2 backrow and Heraldic Amphisbaena.

Aix does his stupid swarm combo involving Geargiarmor and Karakuri Tuners, finishing with 2 Burei and Stardust Dragon vs my now-ATK Amphisbaena (1700 ATK). He attacks with Burei (Evil LP: 7100). Then Stardust directly. (LP: 4600) Then Burei hits directly. I activate Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, discarding Aberconway, but he chains Forbidden Lance. (Evil LP: 2800)

I draw, and I use MST to hit his Solemn Warning. I then used Advanced Heraldry Art with Leo and Amphis to Summon No.101, detaching both to absorb Stardust. He attempts Fiendish Chain, but I chain Trap Stun. I search Amphisbaena, and ditch an Aberconway I just drew to SS it. I used Aberconway from the Grave to recover Leo and NS it. Then I Overlay for No.18 in DEF, and use its effect (detaching Amphi) to destroy one of his Burei. I end with that, and Fiendish Chain reapplies.

Aix does some combo stuff, and seems noticeably cautious not to Summon 2 Geargia of the same name. He Summons Gear Gigant X, searches, combo stuff involving Redox's discard effect, and Summons his No.101. I promptly activate No.18's effect, targeting my No.101 (he overlooked it affects both Fields), and he detaches 1 to save his monster, but this stops him from absorbing my No,101.

(Thinking back now, I should have chained to 101's effect instead, so it wouldn't survive and would also fail to absorb my monster. However, I don't consider this a misplay because my reversal the following turn relied on No.101 being alive)

I search Unicorn with Leo. Doing a quick calculation, I noted the most he could do was 2700 damage. He switches No.18 to ATK with Burei, has Gear Gigant kill my No.101, Burei kill No.18 (send Aberconway and Unicorn), and SH-ARK hit directly. (Evil LP: 100)

I draw Amphisbaena with my "destiny draw". I take a LOOOOONG time mulling over my moves, because my hand is actually pretty good. (Unicorn, Heraldry Arts, Amphi, with Unicorn and 2 Aberconway in the Grave).

I use Heraldry Art for No.8, and copy SH-ARK's effect. I detach both Materials (including Leo) to absorb Burei. Leo searches Eale. I ditch Unicorn to SS Amphi, and banish Aberconway to recover another Amphi. I NS Amphi and SS Eale. Then I use Unicorn to revive No.18.

I realize that Gear Gigant has a "leaves the Field" effect, so simply bouncing with Ouroboros or Chidori won't be enough. I consider absorbing it with Coat of Arms copying SH-ARK. But ultimately, I conclude I have no combo that will guarantee enough damage this turn to win. I go into No.104 with my 3 Materials.

No.8 (2100 ATK) destroys his 0 ATK SH-ARK (Aix LP: 5900). No.104 destroys Gear Gigant (he chooses not to use effect. LP: 5500), and No.18 attacks directly. (LP: 3300). I end with that, having completely turned the situation around, now I have 3 monsters with over 2000 ATK and he has no monsters and no hand.

He draws, Sets a card, and revives Redox in DEF by banishing 2 EARTH monsters.

I draw Bottomless Trap Hole and Set it. As I can't get over 3000 DEF, I switch No.18 to DEF, and end. Redox returns to his hand.

He draws, and plays Geargiano MK-II, which Special Summons his Geargiano in the Graveyard. He Tributes Geargiano to SS his Level 4 Karakuri Tuner. He Synchs for Black Rose Dragon and nukes. Bottomless is of no help in this situation, and he still has Redox in hand.

I lose.

Friendly reminder that 104 has a milling effect.

Dem pointed that out. Had I done that the turn I Summoned No.104, I'd have lost on the immediate next turn. Had I done it the second turn (when he stalled with Redox), MAYBE it'd have turned out differently, but also it might not have.

I'm disappointed, but not really bothered by the loss. I doubt I'd beat Canadian in the finals, anyway. He beat me Round 1 with ease, after all.

Archived