[Finished][Blood Blood] My First Contest A Level 7 or higher Tuner!

Blood Blood

My first contest! It's pretty weird...

What to make:

A level 7 or higher Tuner

I chose something quite weird because I thought it'll be a good idea and quite tough to make balanced. STAY AWAY FROM:

Tuner-Synchro's (I just don't like it)

Monsters that cannot be normal summoned or set (i just don't like it)

Life Point costs if you have costs (I just don't like it)

What I will mark:

ORIGINALITY /20

WHETHER IT FITS THE CONTEST /30

THE EFFECT /25

IS IT OVERPOWERED /20

DO I LIKE IT /5 (if you use the things I told you to stay away from I'll give you 0 for this.

/100 altogether

notice I won't mark OCG as I'm a fail at OCG so I will need more judges.

I need 2 more judges other than me and at least 3 contestants

1st Place gets 50% of the pot

2nd place gets 25% of the pot

3rd place gets 24% of the pot

I GET 1% OF THE POT

YOU MUST GIVE AT LEAST 10 POINTS TO ENTER! I WILL TRY REALLY REALLY HARD TO KEEP TRACK OF THE POT! I AM ALSO GONNA PUT 30 OF MY OWN POINTS IN THE POT!

Pot: 150

Contestants:

1. Goldendragonslayer922

2. Dandandalaxy3

3. Card creator 123

Judges:

1. Blood Blood (myself)

2. Sakura Haruno

3.Scary Face

NO MORE JUDGES NEEDED

If I feel the need I might add a 4th judge and scream in joy that my contest was a success. 

ALL ENTRANTS WILL GET A LIKE FROM ME AND MAYBE MORE THAT ONE IF THEY IMPRESS ME!

Deadline:

30th January or when I get 10+ contestants, whichever comes first!

I'll help judge with this if you want it.

By now, you know how I grade stuff.

@Scary (below): He mentioned that he needs judges who can grade on it, so until he gets over here and says otherwise, just grade like you and I did in the other contests [grade OCG and whatever areas that we generally mark on].

Alright then.

Just as a recap as to how I'm grading stuff in this contest (and for members who aren't familiar with my style of grading), I'll post the criteria that my judging shall use.

Balance (If this were to be released, would Konami ban it the moment it got out? Is it abusable?)

Creativity (Is this something we've seen enough of already or a new idea?)

OCG (As its name implies, is the effect written in the proper PSCT? Are you using proper grammar that conforms to standard English? In other words, please make sure you check your spelling/grammar and everything else before you post your card. I will deduct 1/2 point for every error.)

Relevancy (Does this card meet the contest requirements? In this case, is it a Level 7 or higher Tuner?)

Image will not be graded, nor will I be judging based on the TC's preferences to cards he doesn't like. The main thing is that you make a good balanced card that conforms to this contest's requirements.

Unless otherwise stated, everything is based on a scale of 0 through 10 with half-point intervals (you can expect a maximum of 40 points [10 each] if everything is perfect). In terms of OCG, since PSCT is sometimes vague, if a fix is ambiguous, I won't mark it down.

One question though, when do you plan for this contest to end? When you have 10+ participants or by a certain date. (You need to note these things in the main post)

If it's the latter, give a timeframe since college starts up again, and I may/may not be busy with school work to judge things. Scary may have the same situation as I do.

Since I'm foreseeing myself to be relatively busy in the coming days (I may forget to grade things at that time b/c of the workload from college), I'll post my scoring two weeks early (Scary will probably do his at the contest end, if he's still in this). Refer to my second post in this thread if you need to know what I'm grading on. (If you stay with the theme, you get 10 points...simple as that). Yes, it's really early for me to be grading (that's why I asked for a time frame earlier, since I can't tell if I'll be having a heavy load from college to deal with by the time contest ends); if new entries come in, I'll get to them when I can.

dandandalaxy3

B: 9

C: 8

O: 6

T: 10

Total: 33

I should note that only Star Eater can be Synchro Summoned using this card (and a Level 1 non-Tuner) at the time of this.

goldendragonslayer922

B: 4

C: 6

O: 8

Total: 28

card creator 123

B: 8.5

C: 7.5

O: 5.5

Total: 32

Since I'm foreseeing myself to be relatively busy in the coming days (I may forget to grade things at that time b/c of the workload from college), I'll post my scoring two weeks early (Scary will probably do his at the contest end, if he's still in this). Refer to my second post in this thread if you need to know what I'm grading on. (If you stay with the theme, you get 10 points...simple as that). Yes, it's really early for me to be grading (that's why I asked for a time frame earlier, since I can't tell if I'll be having a heavy load from college to deal with by the time contest ends); if new entries come in, I'll get to them when I can.

dandandalaxy3

B: 9

C: 8

O: 6

Total: 33

I should note that only Star Eater can be Synchro Summoned using this card (and a Level 1 non-Tuner) at the time of this.

goldendragonslayer922

B: 4

C: 6

O: 8

Total: 28

card creator 123

B: 8.5

C: 7.5

O: 5.5

Total: 32

Sakura can you please explain to me my mistakes? This is one of my first contests and I want to know why my score is what it is. Thanks.

I only posted the grades because I foresee myself getting killed with academia in the coming weeks leading up to the month's end, but I'll just note why stuff got marked down. (Think I provided the criteria for grading when I volunteered my time for this)

• Balance: It can essentially attack for 2200 damage and not worry about Mirror Force, Torrential, Dimensional Prison, Bottomless Trap Hole or whatever that destroys or targets. Even with the SS lock on it, I foresee this to be used as a beater more than for making a DARK Dragon Synchro. (At the moment of writing, only things this card could SS w/out lowering Level is Demon King Super Dragon - Beelzeus and Dragococcytus; assuming their confirmed Types will be Dragon when released)
  • Creativity: Blanket immunity to destruction/targeting effects [although most of the cards that have it are either anime-only or a lot harder to get out than this] got points subtracted here. Same with direct attacking (again, ties into the balance aspect), but this wasn't a major factor in why you lost points here.
  • OCG: Recall that I will subtract half a point per mistake. You had 4 of them, so that subtracted 2 points from that area. (It would help if members posted their card's lore beneath card when submitting; easier for Scary and I to show where you made mistake when asked.

You may do the same with Scary and Blood when their scores are up (ask why they scored you the way they did)

-

I only posted the grades because I foresee myself getting killed with academia in the coming weeks leading up to the month's end, but I'll just note why stuff got marked down. (Think I provided the criteria for grading when I volunteered my time for this)

• Balance: It can essentially attack for 2200 damage and not worry about Mirror Force, Torrential, Dimensional Prison, Bottomless Trap Hole or whatever that destroys or targets. Even with the SS lock on it, I foresee this to be used as a beater more than for making a DARK Dragon Synchro. (At the moment of writing, only things this card could SS w/out lowering Level is Demon King Super Dragon - Beelzeus and Dragococcytus; assuming their confirmed Types will be Dragon when released)

• Creativity: Blanket immunity to destruction/targeting effects [although most of the cards that have it are either anime-only or a lot harder to get out than this] got points subtracted here. Same with direct attacking (again, ties into the balance aspect), but this wasn't a major factor in why you lost points here.

• OCG: Recall that I will subtract half a point per mistake. You had 4 of them, so that subtracted 2 points from that area. (It would help if members posted their card's lore beneath card when submitting; easier for Scary and I to show where you made mistake when asked.

You may do the same with Scary and Blood when their scores are up (ask why they scored you the way they did)

-

Can you tell me my OCG mistakes?

<p style="text-align:center;">I sent you my point, here's my card</p>
<p style="text-align:center;"><br />
[spoiler='Level 9 tuner']</p>
<p style="text-align:center;">nFN9bCg.jpg<br />
Psychic Crazy Traceur
While you control no face-up monsters, if you have a Psychic-Type monster in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used for a Xyz Summon this turn. Once per turn: You can target up to 2 Psychic-Type monsters you control and/or in your Graveyard except "Psychic Crazy Traceur"; this card's level is reduced by the level(s) of the targeted monster(s). A Psychic-Type Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect: ●Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects.[/spoiler]

Once the TC accepts your entry into the contest, I'll get on with grading your card (read the note I made earlier at the top of page 2). Just keep in mind what you'll get graded on (it's pretty much the same as all of the other contests you've entered that I've judged in thus far)

@golden: It's pretty much minor things that got points taken off. Underlined stuff is what got deducted.

This card Cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster except for the Synchro Summon of a DARK Dragon-Type monster. This card can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects.

- New PSCT eliminates "this card"

- Forgot "-" and capitalizing Type.

Looking at the mistakes, there's only two instead of the four I previously mentioned, so yeah you get a point back (though you are still in 3rd place at the moment, based on scoring). Otherwise, OCG is good for a new member

Archived