[Finished][Blood Blood] My First Contest A Level 7 or higher Tuner!

Blood Blood

The TC hasn't shown up for a few days, but you did pay the entry fee so not sure what to say here. 

Since this is Blood's contest, only he can accept members (Neither myself nor Scary have any authority in here to accept; only to judge the entries when accepted/at tournament's end). You're probably in because of it, but wait for confirmation.

As for me grading the cards, like I mentioned earlier, I'll get to work on them AFTER Blood officially accepts. (P.S. Only TC can bump their own topics)

I want to join this, points sent

[spoiler='Here's my card']

SF71mAk.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. If you control a Level 1 non-Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do, you cannot Special Summon any monsters for the rest of this turn, except Synchro Monsters.

[/spoiler]

Hopefully Blood gets on here soon before the deadline, especially since there's 2 contestants that paid points and deadline is this coming Friday.

Otherwise, I propose on remaking the contest in another thread (or just take over in the interim and accept Someone and Kwisatz's entries, since they've already sent their entry fees)

since the said deadline is yesterday, so I have to post the result here (also I'll post results of Kwisatz and -Someone- assuming they were accepted)

* pls note that anyone who didn't post a card's lore lose 1 point from OCG (because I'm so tired to fix -*-)

Goldendragonslayer922

B: 9

O: 6

C: 2 (just a downgraded Beelze)
P: 4.5

Total: 21.5

your card's correct lore

This card Cannot be Special Summoned. This card Cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a DARK Dragon-Type monster. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. This card can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot be targeted, or destroyed, by card effects.

dandandalaxy3

B: 7 (too weak, also what monster will you summon with that Tuner? only 1 lv.11 or higher LIGHT Synchro in ygo is Star Eater, only that)

O: 5.5

C: 4

P: 3

Total: 19.5

your card's correct lore

Cannot be Special Summoned. You must tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon this card. Cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a LIGHT monster. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; to Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Tuner monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard

card creator 123

O: 3

C: 5

P: 4

Total: 21

your card's correct lore

You can Tribute 1 Level 3 or lower monster; to reduce this card's Level equal to the Tributed monster's Level. You cannot activate this effect the turn you Normal Summoned this card.

Kwisatz-Haderach

B: 8 (the last effect is too much, considering that this card can adjust it's lv freely, so you shouldn't give it another support about Synchro Summoning, or else this will be too abuseable)

O: 7

P: 3

Total: 23

your card's correct lore

If you have a Psychic-Type monster in your Graveyard and control no face-up monsters (just because while and if cannot be used together): You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card (from your hand). but If you do, it cannot be used as an Xyz Material for the rest of this turn. Once per turn: You can target up to 2 Psychic-Type monsters you control and/or in your Graveyard, except "Psychic Crazy Traceur"; this card's Level is reduced by the combined Levels of those targets. A Psychic-Type Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as a Synchro Material gains this effect: ● Once per turn, if this face-up card would be destroyed by a card effect, it is not destroyed.

-Someone-

O: 10

P: 4.5

Total: 28.5

Your card's correct lore... oh yea look like you don't need this

If Blood doesn't show up to award the points within an reasonable period of time, then you guys are just getting reps, alright? (Blood will handle the point prizes when/if he ever shows up again.)

In the meantime, I graded most of you guys already b/c of academia; just gotta do Kwisatz/Someone's stuff and I'm finished with my part of the grading. (Scary and I will combine our scores for a tentative total)

Well, I'll grade Someone and Kwisatz now. (As usual, ask if you have comments about your grade)

Kwisatz

B: 8

C: 7.5

O: 7.5

T: 10

Total: 35

Someone

B: 9.5

C: 9.5

O: 10 (perfect OCG for the most part)

T: 10

Total: 39

Rest of your scores are on post #16; criteria/explanations are on post #7 (you guys pretty much get 10 points just for following the instructions on main post [make a Level 7 Tuner, that's it])

You got cut on OCG due to minor mistakes (i.e. not specifying area of summoning with parentheses, capitalization errors, some comma stuff). Creativity was alright, but I felt the concept behind it was already overused at that point. (I could see this as another way to get Rank 9 stuff out or something like that)

While you're at it, might as well ask Scary why you got marked the way he did with you.

Anyway, I'll tally up both of our scores thus far, so you know where you all stand right now. (Until Blood shows up, just assume these are your final marks)

Goldendragonslayer922 -  28 + 21.5 = 49.5

dandandalaxy - 33 + 19.5 = 52.5

cardcreator123 - 32 + 21 = 53

Kwisatz - 35 + 23 = 58

Someone - 39 + 28.5 = 67.5

At the moment, Someone has a pretty clear lead right now.

While you control no face-up monsters, if you have a Psychic-Type monster in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used for a Xyz Summon this turn. Once per turn: You can target up to 2 Psychic-Type monsters you control and/or in your Graveyard except "Psychic Crazy Traceur"; this card's level is reduced by the level(s) of the targeted monster(s). A Psychic-Type Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect: ●Once per turn this card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

I truly can't find the ocg errors you say. Area of summoning for example: if you check real konami cards there are more cards that say "you can special summon this card from your hand" than cards saying "you can special summon this card (from your hand)"

you should know what's the diffrent between old OCG system and the new one. those many cards that you said you found that clause are cards that's not updated

edit: for example, you could see what -Someone- use to prove, they are new cards (i.e. LVAL's Siren Orca) that just released, so their OCG are most correct

Just checked them, but they didn't use (from your hand) because there are more things to do with that summoning, Arasuda have to SS in face-up Attack Position, while Wobbegang need to be SSed to your opponent's field, please check a card that has nothing to do with their summon and list their name here, I'll consider about giving your points back if it correct

Check amphisbaena too, it has the same lore structure as my monster and it doesn't need the brackets. As we can easily see, Brackets-or-not-brackets isn't an error; writing special summon instead of Special Summon is an error. And for what concerns this "You can target up to 2 Psychic-Type monsters you control and/or in your Graveyard except "Psychic Crazy Traceur"; this card's level is reduced by the level(s) of the targeted monster(s)" we can't apply your lore correction, since your correction says "combined level" and this wouldn't be correct if the player targets only 1 psychic monster to downgrade Traceur's Level, because "combined level" requires with no exceptions at least 2 monster.

and for what concerns "●Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects." this isn't an error too, your correction is just a personal preference. Check Orichalchos and you'll find "Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects"

Like I mentioned in pretty much every other contest I judge in, OCG is the one thing that screws a lot of people up; especially when Konami doesn't stay consistent with how they do it.

As for the other parts, you do have to capitalize words when you're supposed to. I checked Amphisbaena, it doesn't have the parentheses but most of the time, they should have the location noted in there based on what most of the cards that do SS say.

(You lost half a point b/c you didn't put the comma in the last effect [Hopefully I don't need to remind you all that I did judge your standard English spelling/grammar mistakes within the course of OCG])

"Level" needs to be capitalized properly. That's what took a point away.

I already mentioned the issue regarding parentheses and the summoning target area in my last response (remember brackets are [      ] )

EDIT: Since Blood apparently isn't here to judge his own contest, we'll just exclude him and use the scores that are posted and award rep points accordingly (the prize says points, but perhaps we can get Zextra or one of the mods to modify them accordingly)

So, with that said, the placing is as follows.

1st - Someone [3R]

2nd - Kwisatz [2R]

3rd - cardcreator [1R]

Archived