https://tcg.konami-europe.net/coverage/event/championships/ycs-sydney/

So Top 2 was 3.5 Axis against Karakuris (not Geargias, just Karakuris) and Karakuri actually won!

As the first YCS of the format, this is our first real glimpse of the true January 2014 meta, and it seems to be mostly predictable (Fire Fist, Geargia, Spellbooks etc.) except for the elephant in the room...

Also Hunders got top 32.

"He moved to his Main Phase 2, and Xyz Summoned Wind-Up Zenmaines in Attack Position. He tried to attack directly, but forgot that he’d attempted to attack previously! He ended his turn."

In a top 8 match?, really...?

His opponent just forgot to activate their set Unfortunate Report, is all.

STRAYA!

I'm happy that we finally got a YCS down here, too bad it wasn't in Melbourne or else I probably would've gone. Hopefully the 800 people who attended actually shows Konami we have a good player base here and to not leave us out on things

I've got a regionals coming up in Feburary, so I'm going to analyze this YCS carefully and decide what I'm going to play. Leaning towards Evilswarm but at the same time Blackwings or Crystal Beast Stun gah

"He moved to his Main Phase 2, and Xyz Summoned Wind-Up Zenmaines in Attack Position. He tried to attack directly, but forgot that he’d attempted to attack previously! He ended his turn."

In a top 8 match?, really...?

Some guy forgot to draw for turn in a top 16 match at Bochum, It happens, there's incredible pressure on players in these situations.

EDIT: The real mistake he made was keeping Compulse in against Books, it's really not very good.

https://tcg.konami-europe.net/coverage/event/championships/ycs-sydney/

So Top 2 was 3.5 Axis against Karakuris (not Geargias, just Karakuris) and Karakuri actually won!

A couple of days ago I was wondering if Karakuris would be as good as Geargia Karakuris, considering they have tools like Cash Cache and Merchant for searching, and their own "Six SamuraI United" for draw power. If they managed to win a YCS, even if it was at the beggining of the format where players are still testing the waters, I guess they can't be that bad.

Archived