(Leaderboard) Ain x Toyo (Vote now!)

Maeriberii Haan

Rules

1. All YCM and Leaderboard Rules Apply
2. Cards must be PM'd to me.
3. First to 3 votes or most by the deadline wins.
4. Votes must have a valid reason, and must be 2 sentences long at minimum.
5. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
6. Written Cards are allowed.

Deadline

Card must be PM'd to me by 48 hours after I accepted the challenge.

Votes deadline is 72 hours after cards are up.

What should be made?

A Synchro monster with alternate Synchro Summoning condition.

[spoiler='Card A']

nYtkKIs.jpg

You can only control 1 "Envious Angel - Cherubii". You can also Synchro Summon this card by destroying 2 monsters you control whose total levels equal 8 or more. When this card is Synchro Summoned, if your opponent controls more cards than you: You can send 1 card your opponent controls to the graveyard. When your opponent Special Summons a monster in their turn: You can discard 1 card and reduce this card's ATK by 500; Place that Monster on the Spell/Trap zone. This effect of "Envious Angel - Cherubii" can only be activated once per turn.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']RvaVchv.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more Warrior-type monster
You can also Synchro Summon this card using a face-up Warrior-type Xyz monster you control with 2 or more Xyz Materials as this card's entire Synchro Material. This card cannot declare an attack the turn its summoned this way. If a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can banish 1 Warrior-type monster from your graveyard to negate it's effect until the End Phase. If this card is the only monster you control; this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effect.[/spoiler]

Card A: Odd way to alternate summon, as it rips off ritual summoning, but it has a very interesting effect, even if it is slight OP.

Card B: The alternate summon on this card is rather useless, as there are several xyz warrior monsters with stronger effects, but the variety in a xyz deck is appreciated. The effect does balance this out wonderfully, though.

Both are great, and make it hard to choose, but I vote for card B. This was ultimately decided on the CARD ART, believe it or not.

I am entitled to my opinion and reasoning, whether you like it or not.

Card A:

The alternate summoning requirements make her really easy to drop, even in decks without Tuners. Basically, any deck that makes Rank 4s would have access to this. And you can take further advantage of the cost of destroying by triggering certain monster effects, such as Goblin Zombie or Heraldic Beast Leo. Then, if your opponent has advantage over the field, she pays off the cost of her own summon by sending a monster to the Graveyard without targeting, bypassing protection cards such as Safe Zone, Stardust, etc. Finally, the last effect is evil: up to 5 times, and at the cost of 1 card for each, it can virtually eliminate any threatening monster your opponent Special Summons, in a way that doesn't destroy nor targets so it, like the previous effect, bypasses most protection cards.

Card B:

The card should be great for mid or late game, when the Graveyard should have enough Warriors for continuously use her first effect. While this first effect is certainly disruptive, requiring specifically Warriors as fuel, and thus being only playable in Warrior decks, should be enough for balancing it. The last effect is more of icing on the cake and makes the card tougher to kill. I find the alternate summoning condition as a nice shortcut for Special Summoning it, and makes the card playable without the need of Tuners. As Level 8 Synchro and pseudo "Xyz Evolution", I think this card deserved a bit more of ATK (perhaps +100~200).

My vote goes for Card B for not being as destructive as Card A.

Card A is pretty OP, the alternate Summoning Condition is quite easy, but also easy to abused, the other effects are also powerful, very few cards can protect a monster from a thing such as non-target sending or moving to S/T zone. Card B is more balanced, requiring a Grave fulfilled to make full use of its effect and that stand alone-protection is legit, overall I vote Card B

Archived