Printing

Ametri

1. Start by measuring the size of an actual Yugioh card (should be 2 5/16 x 3 3/8).

2. Make your card in the generator and save it both on YCM and your computer/flash drive if doing it away from home or somewhere you don't often use (although emphasis here is on being realistic, but should be common sense at this point).

3. Use any image editing software you happen to like (I recommend GIMP or Photoshop b/c you can move the layers around easily; Paint doesn't) and open the card in there. I would however, expand the canvas size, to accomodate several cards at once, so it's faster for you to print (if you're going to be using paper, make the canvas size 8.5 x 11)

4. Open any cards that you want to see made and import them. Make sure you resize the cards from YCM to actual size (2.313 in x 3.375 in / 694 x 1012 pixels).

5. Align the cards together in rows [You should be able to make 9 cards in a 3 x 3 format, using standard size paper]. I recommend leaving some space between, so easier to cut out.

6. After you get all of the cards you want on the sheet, then print. Make sure you have access to a printer that can print in any colors besides black and white.

7. Cut out cards from the paper.

8. Find some cards that you don't plan on using and either glue/tape them. Conversely, you can take some blank index cards and tape the pics onto those (obviously cut the index cards first to the proper size). Make sure you buy some card sleeves to put them in, as to differentiate them from real ones

This works for other card games as well, but you do need to measure the size of actual cards and apply those values accordingly. Or you could just go to the print store and ask if they do this kind of stuff.

Hopefully this helps (you could use this one, but some steps are unnecessary)

First, get your card exactly how you want it. Post it, use people's suggestions to improve it, whatever you gotta do.

Step two: download the picture.

Step three: open a program that you can resize pictures with. Since I didn't feel like shelling out my year's income for CS3 or whatever you kids are using these days, I just use MS Power Point.

Whatever program you use, resize the picture to make it exactly 2.37" wide and 3.31" tall.

Step four:

Print out a normal-quality copy (maybe even black and white) on plain-old InkJet paper. I use standard office-supply scissors to cut my cards, but use whatever works best for you. (found one for word)

Archived