[afunworm's first contest] Rise of the Divine-Beast. (FINISHED)

afunworm

Because I have double midterms on Monday and thus gotta study (I hate you, university), posting your scores a day/two early.

- Aqua -

B: 7 (effects are a mirror of Winged Dragon's effects from anime, and especially when combined with it, either you destroy/draw or banish/burn your opponent. Also sees use with Wicked Beasts, though they are considered to be the dark counterparts to the original gods)

C: 8

O: 10

T: 10

Total: 35

I Hate Snatch Steal

B: 6 (The SS effect from graveyard has a substantial cost, but the fact you can summon from Grave, then drop Obelisk or the other gods in a single turn seems a bit OPed here. Though it does alleviate getting the necessary Tributes a bit. If it were 2 tributes like the other stuff, would be a little more balance)

C: 9

O: 7

Total: 32

Teddie

B: 6.5

C: 7

O: 5

Total: 28.5

OCG fix (italicized)

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 Divine-Beast in your Graveyard and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Monsters you control gain 1000 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can pay 100 Life Points: Until your opponent's next Standby Phase, Divine-Beast-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Gain 500 Life Points. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it; add 1 Divine-Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard or Banished Zone to the hand. This effect can only be activated once per Duel.

afunworm (TC)

B: 8

O: 8.5

Total: 33.5

josholche

B: 9

C: 9

O: 9

Total: 37

TFMegamanlan

B: 6

O: 6 (need to mention when effect takes place; we can figure out it's Main Phase, usage of its v. it's, unnecessary capitalization of words, colon/semicolon)

Total: 29

OCG fixes

(During "phase"), You can Tribute this card: Special Summon a "Lord of", "Aesir" or a Divine-Beast-Type Monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position (OCG never uses "mode", only use that during anime/fan fiction), ignoring the Summoning Conditions. Its effects are negated during this turn. You can only use this effect of "Priest of the Divine" once per turn. If you control a face-up Divine-Beast-Type Monster: Your opponent cannot activate card effects in the hand or Graveyard.

chiagirl

B: 6.5 (in a similar vein to Snatch, you could SS this card somehow, then drop whatever god you want on that/next turn since you searched it. Also, it searches the creator god regardless of how it leaves field, if you use it to summon said god; use it as a Synchro Material given it's a Tuner or just have it get destroyed or something.)

C: 8

O: 8 (usage of colons and wording [instead of "your hand", it's "the hand"])

Total: 32.5

OCG fix:

When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 Divine-Beast-Type monster from your Deck to the hand. This card can be treated as 3 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a DIVINE monster. If this card leaves the field: You can add 1 "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" from your Deck to the hand.

Another general note, only the original God cards are allowed to have their Divine attribute and type. Yes, this is based on another deity in the same mythology but much like how Teddie did his, should've chosen a realistic Type/Attribute.

Thank you very much Sakura for helping us complete this contest.

Also, may I have some advice on my card?

Also, follows are the 3 winners of this contest. Points were sent. Congratulation to everyone and thank you so much for your participation:

First place: josholche (52 points).
Runner up : -Aqua- (32 points).
Third place: afunworm (21 points).

Thanks again everyone.

For a Rank 10 that requires 2 Divine monsters (though DNA Surgery can correct that to some extent in certain Decks; that in itself already comes off as situational), it's relatively balanced. 1900/3200 stats isn't too impressive (doubling goes to 3800, which is lower than that of Obelisk but is still passable)

Its detach effect is just a power boost in exchange for negating their effects for a turn (could see usage for blocking their "send to Grave" effect if SS; provided that it's not mandatory even when negated [checking this on the legal gods, doesn't appear to be the case]). Since Slifer/Ra's stats are solely based on their effects, using this card on them will hurt. Obelisk won't mind too much since it already has 4000 ATK to play with.

[Anyway, you guys can ask for clarification on why you were scored a certain way if I didn't write something]

Thank you very much Sakura for helping us complete this contest.

Also, may I have some advice on my card?

Also, follows are the 3 winners of this contest. Points were sent. Congratulation to everyone and thank you so much for your participation:

First place: josholche (52 points).
Runner up : -Aqua- (32 points).
Third place: afunworm (21 points).

Thanks again everyone.

Question: Why are you third when other people (like me) got more points then you?
Also Sakura, what's your opinion on my card?

Just to make it easier, I'll post the scores in descending order (You were near the bottom last I checked)

josholche - 37

Aqua - 35

afunworm - 33.5

chiagirl - 32.5

Snatch Steal - 32.0

TF - 29

Teddie - 28.5

Yeah, the scores/placing is correct.

As for your card, it was alright. Though it supported some things outside of what you should've been doing.

I noted some of the things that cost you points in the grading.

Archived