[afunworm's first contest] Rise of the Divine-Beast. (FINISHED)

afunworm

Hi everyone,

I would like to participate in a custom card contest, but those from YCM aren't enough to keep me busy. With that being said, I would like to host a contest for everyone to join in, as to earn some extra points to participate in other contests held. Any support is highly appreciated ^^!

Sakura Haruno will be this contest's official judge. New judge criteria updated accordingly.

[spoiler=Concept]Haven't seen any support for Divine-Beast typed Monsters, I would like to create some to remind us our favorite God Card (maybe?).

Create one card of any type (Spell, Trap, Monster) that would either directly or indirectly support any and/or all of Divine-Beast typed Monsters. Please let your creativity fly. Don't do something such as "Activate only when you control a face-up Divine-Beast typed Monster: Negate the activation of a Trap Card and destroy it." Do something more interesting and rarely seen. Creativity will be your largest scale of points.[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Rules and requirements"]I will update all the information involving contestants, status, current pot... at least one a day, if not hourly. Reading this first post always give you a quick glance of this contest's status.

All YCM policy is applied.

Card must be realistic. It may have a little powerful effect as many cards in Meta Decks nowadays, but please, don't reach to the Anime's power.

Card must support Divine-Beast Monster.

Please check your grammar and adhere to OCG.

Written cards are allowed. (though the picture is worth 2 points)

The number of contestants are not limited. A deadline will be given as enough contestants have participated.

I am looking for experienced judge(s) to help with judging. If one can be this contest's judge, I will take part in this contest and give up judging privileges. However, if no judge is available, I will be the judge

Sakura Haruno will be the official judge of this contest. Also, new judge criterias updated.
[spoiler="Pot and prizes"]The pot will be entirely funded by the number of contestants. Because there is no real limitation on the number of contestants, the more people, the bigger the prize. Watch out deadlines (see Rules and requirements).[/spoiler]

Entry fee: 15 points or the maximum points (min 5.) if you don't have enough points. The list of contestants and their funding will be updated regularly. Also, if you don't have enough points and by the end of the contest you are able to pay off your fee (even partially), please do so. Not paying off your entry fee while having the ability to do so by the end of the contest will result in your privileges be canceled, the points donated and your prize (if any) be directly funding this contest without any refunding.

Prize:
First place: 50% of the total pot.
Second place: 30% of the total pot.
Third place: 20% of the total pot [/spoiler]
[spoiler="Judging Criteria"]In case of the new judgement rule is required by another judge (if any), I'm willing to follow the advice and this section may be modified (with warning). We got a new judge.

Balance (10) - Is this going to get banned if ever made by Konami? Does it promote abuse with existing stuff?
OCG (10) - Do you follow Konami's PSCT writing? Also, check your spelling/grammar and all that other English usage stuff.
Creativity (10) - Is this card's effect overdone?
Theme (10) - Did you actually read the contest requirements and made a card that fits it?

Total: 40[/spoiler]
Contestants (regularly updated):

(Click on the name will direct you to the contestant's entry, if any)

1. afunworm - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.
2. -Aqua- - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.
3. TFMegamanlan - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.
4. Teddie - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.
5. I Hate Snatch Steal - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.
6. josholche - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.
7. chiagirl - Entry fee 15/15 - Card submitted, click to view.

DEADLINE: March 10th.

Current pot (and rising): 105

Any advice is highly appreciated. Please feel free to inquire any question.

afunworm.

just an important thing, you can't participate the contest if you are the one who start it, unless you are not the judge yourself, otherwise it would be unfair to other participant if you are also the one who judging your own card.

Hi. Thank you for your concern. I stated this in the Rules Section:

I am looking for experienced judge(s) to help with judging. If one can be this contest's judge, I will take part in this contest and give up judging privileges. However, if no judge is available, I will be the judge

I just wish to join any contest. I hold one because there are no more I can participate in ^^.

The general rule is that you don't participate in contests you are currently the host of (given that there is the chance you'll give your own card preference over the others), though you've acknowledged this point. Zextra hasn't particularly clarified this, but it generally goes without saying.

But if you'd like another judge to help with this, I suppose I can help out with this. Keep in mind that I use different criteria to grade (I don't judge on the pic; other stuff I grade on 10 points each)

As for other contests, have you tried hosting/competing in the 1v1 section?

The general rule is that you don't participate in contests you are currently the host of (given that there is the chance you'll give your own card preference over the others), though you've acknowledged this point. Zextra hasn't particularly clarified this, but it generally goes without saying.

But if you'd like another judge to help with this, I suppose I can help out with this. Keep in mind that I use different criteria to grade (I don't judge on the pic; other stuff I grade on 10 points each)

As for other contests, have you tried hosting/competing in the 1v1 section?

Hi Sakura,

Yes, thank you for helping me being a judge. Also, quote in Judgement Criterias:

In case of the new judgement rule is required by another judge (if any), I'm willing to follow the advice and this section may be modified (with warning).

So feel free to change the criterias as you wish. Message me and I will change it accordingly. So will you please be the judge?

I already said I'd help, so yes.

As noted earlier, I don't grade on the pic but everything else I use.

Guess I'll provide a breakdown of it.

Balance (10) - Is this going to get banned if ever made by Konami? Does it promote abuse with existing stuff

OCG (10) - Do you follow Konami's PSCT writing? Also, check your spelling/grammar and all that other English usage stuff

Creativity (10) - Is this card's effect overdone?

Theme (10) - Did you actually read the contest requirements and made a card that fits it?

going first usually become disadvantage, though I have nothing to do now, so

[spoiler='here's my entry']

W2wh56H.jpg

If you control a face-up Level 10 Normal Summoned monster other than "Mecha Phantom Beast" monsters: Activate 1 of these effects. If you control a face-up "The Winged Dragon of Ra", you can set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "God Phoenix" per turn.

● Target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, draw 1 card.
● Banish 1 face-up card on the field, then both players take 1000 damage. The controller of "The Winged Dragon of Ra" takes no damage from this effect.

[/spoiler]

I'll join this.

Here is my entry, its an idea I had before but never did anything with:

a2rqLFr.jpg

If you control no monsters, you can special summon this card (from your graveyard) by paying half your life points. You can only Special Summon "God Summoner" once per duel this way. This card can be treated as 3 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a Divine-Beast-Type monster.

edit: points sent

Here's my entry!

o1gnV3q.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by banishing one Divine-Beast in your graveyard. All Monsters on your side of the field gain 1000 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can pay 100 Life Points; All Divine-Beast's you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects until your opponent's Standby Phase. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard; Gain 500 Life Points. If this card is in your graveyard, you can banish it to add on Divine-Beast card from your Graveyard or Banished to your hand. This effect can only be activated once per duel.

Hi everyone, here is my entry:

[spoiler=Show]

F4WBhbP.jpg

Lore:
2 level 10 Divine-Beast-Type Monsters
①: When this card is Xyz Summoned: Send 1 Divine-Beast-Type Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard and have this card's ATK doubled, until your next Standby Phase. ②: Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: All Divine-Beast-Type Monsters you control gain 500 ATK but their effect(s) are negated. This effect last until the next Standby Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry]

WhOS4xA.jpg

When this card is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card: Special Summon 3 "Divine Tokens" (Divine-Beast-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. They cannot be used as Tribute, except for the Tribute Summon of a Divine-Beast-Type monster. Also they are unaffected by other card effects and cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of your next turn. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, if you Life Points are lower than your opponent's Life Points: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 Divine-Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Carnage of the Divine-Beast once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry]
34CB33D7-6953-405E-95E3-5C35FC9BAA25-125

You can Tribute this Card to Special Summon a "Lord of", "Aesir" or a Divine-Beast-type Monster from your Graveyard in Defense Mode regardless of Summoning Conditions, it's effects are negated this turn. You can only use this effect of "Priest of the Divine" once per turn. If you control a Face-up Divine-Beast-type Monster: Your Opponent cannot activate Card Effects in the Hand or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

I am still looking for a new pic for this... Anyone have any suggestions where I can find a good pic of a Priest/servant/person worshipping either a god or like fire or something?

I sent my points.  Here's my entry.  

20VGKei.jpg

Lore:

When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 Divine-Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. This card can be treated as 3 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a DIVINE monster. When this card leaves the field, you can add 1 "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" from your Deck to your hand.

Archived