sue 4kids

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should sue 4kids animation for killing yugioh wht do u guys say

Really? Stupid.

4kids dub/edit the anime for KIDS. GET IT? 4KIDS? Not 4TEENS or 4ADULTS!

They get money from the kids seeing the anime, which in turn gets kids to buy packs + tins, while the BETTER players buy the best products.

*groan*

There's just no escaping this, is there? I would hope that people out there would have the gumption to not complain about it online, but that's really asking too much. At least complain to the right people.

So what if 4Kids does stuff you don't like? Nobody's forcing you to watch it. There are other options out there to those people who are so inclined, even though I don't necessarily endorse them.

And RE: One Piece, 4Kids no longer has the license. So any further complaints about that are pretty much null and void.

yes but we can file a civil complaint against thwem becouse they owned the linsed at the time

ive allready sent a letter to the naacp about it

You can file a civil complaint against ANYBODY for any reason in our litigation-happy society today. But I'm intrigued. Just what exactly will your civil complaint consist of?

"We, the people, are filing a grievance against media company 4Kids Entertainment, because in one episode of animated series One Piece, a person's skin color was lightened. This is obviously a blatant display of racism and intolerance." (Protip: Follow this up with Al Sharpton appearing on Fox News.)

Call me crazy, but I can't think of any court of law where that would float. But then again, if a guy can sue every fast-food chain in existence because he's incredibly obese, I suppose anything is possible.

ok so mabey your right but i sent a letter naacp letas see wht they say before we go ny further in the meantime lets drop the subject

Oh' date=' let's do. [i']Let's do.[/i] If W.E.B. DuBois were alive today, what would he say?

Getting back to the subject at hand, there's really no legitimate complaint you can put up against 4Kids nowadays. They've pretty much folded from the anime market, aside from recycling old episodes, and people pretty much pirate the stuff anyways given the generally avaricious nature of the fandom.

Sure, people are going to hate them now and forever. But I don't really think of Al Kahn when someone says "history's greatest villains". I think of people like Mussolini and Stalin.

i now and i agree besides i startedd this thread as a joke i dint think people whould take me serioulsy

For the one person who's joking' date=' there are many who are dead serious.

You'd be surprised just how petty people can get when it comes to topics like these. I've read some legit 4Kids hatemail before, and [i']it ain't pretty[/i]. So I'm inclined to doubt everyone on this subject.

how have u seen 4kids hate mail

I have a friend who wrote one and mailed it to their central headquarters. Let's just say that some of the things it detailed bordered on terrorism and he's lucky he wasn't hauled off by the po-po.

Humorous side note: He *did*, however, get the standardized "thank you for writing to us" reply from them some months later. So I guess they must get a lot of these.

Archived