(MTG) Prepare For Trouble, Make It Double (EDH URG Deck)

Akuma got me started on the EDH track with this deck, and I've tweaked a few times around in hopes to ramp this a little better, in order to fully capitalize on the big creatures and cloning them with my Commander. And Sorry about the bad joke in the title, but it just fit so well.

Creatures: 29

Acidic Slime x1

Algae Gharial x1

Artisan of Kozilek x1

Avenger of Zendikar x1

Brutalizer Exarch x1

Courser Of Kruphix x1

Deadeye Navigator x1

Deadwood Treefolk x1

Eternal Witness x1

Farhaven Elf x1

Hornet Queen x1

Indrik Stomphowler x1

Inferno Titan x1

Molten Primordial x1

Oracle Of Mul Daya x1

Palinchron x1

Pestermine x1

Phantasmal Image x1

Phyrexian Metamorph x1

Primordial Hydra x1

Rampaging Baloths x1

Riku of Two Reflections x1 (Commander)

Sakura-Tribe Elder x1

Solemn Simulacrum x1

Trinket Mage x1

Urabrask the Hidden x1

Wood Elves x1

Wurmcoil Engine x1

Yavimaya Elder x1

Planeswalkers: 1

Garruk Wildspeaker x1

Artifacts: 6

Gilded Lotus x1

Thran Dynamo x1

Sol Ring x1

Skullclamp x1

Lightning Greaves x1

Swiftfoot Boots x1

Sorceries: 14

Blatant Thievery x1

Bribery x1

Cultivate x1

Explosive Vegetation x1

Farseek x1

Genesis Wave x1

Green Sun's Zenith x1

Knowledge Exploitation x1

Kodama's Reach x1

Nature's Lore x1

Rampant Growth x1

Skyshroud Claim x1

Time Warp x1

Tooth And Nail x1

Enchantments: 5

Burgeoning x1

Control Magic x1

Exploration x1

Khalni Heart Expedition x1

Mana Reflection x1

Instants: 7

Chaos Warp x1

Chord Of Calling x1

Cyclonic Rift x1

Desertion x1

Hinder x1

Spell Crumple x1

Voidslime x1

Lands: 38

Alchemist's Refuge x1

Breeding Pool x1

Command Tower x1

Forest x5

Fungal Reaches x1

Gaea's Cradle x1

Hinterland Harbour x1

Island x5

Izzet Guildgate x1

Kessig Wolf Run x1

Maze Of Ith x1

Mosswort Bridge x1

Mountain x5

Reflecting Pool x1

Reliquary Tower x1

Rootbound Crag x1

Steam Vents x1

Stomping Ground x1

Strip Mine x1

Sulfur Falls x1

Taiga x1

Temple Of The False God x1

Tropical Island x1

Vesuva x1

Volcanic Island x1

Wasteland x1

What the hell is a fetchland? And you put Gharial in, not me >3>

A Fetchland is any land that searches for another land at the cost of sacrificing it.

Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds,

Shard Panoramas

And Zendikar/Onslaught Fetchlands that search for Land Types at the cost of one life.

They are the best lands for multiple color decks because they ensure that you get color at the moment and also thin your deck of topdecking into multiple lands, which is the worse feeling in the world. I could state more, but there is no reason to.

A Fetchland is any land that searches for another land at the cost of sacrificing it.

Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds,

Shard Panoramas

And Zendikar/Onslaught Fetchlands that search for Land Types at the cost of one life.

They are the best lands for multiple color decks because they ensure that you get color at the moment and also thin your deck of topdecking into multiple lands, which is the worse feeling in the world. I could state more, but there is no reason to.

I figured with all the ramping I've been trying to add in, they wouldn't be as necessary to have. Plus I'm having trouble finding room for things. If you know how I can work some of them back in, lemme know. Just not fond of harming myself with cards for a deck that takes an age to wind up.

I figured with all the ramping I've been trying to add in, they wouldn't be as necessary to have. Plus I'm having trouble finding room for things.

They don't ramp. They provide lands and thin the deck. They are more necessary than Riku is. And, that is why we're here: To help you find room for things.
You don't add them to increase your land count, you add them by getting rid of lands that are utterly less useful than them.

Also, Green Sun's is just terribad. Run Chord of Calling above it. Chord searches for any creature, providing essential need for less specific. And it could be cast as an instant.

They don't ramp. They provide lands and thin the deck. They are more necessary than Riku is. And, that is why we're here: To help you find room for things.
You don't add them to increase your land count, you add them by getting rid of lands that are utterly less useful than them.

Also, Green Sun's is just terribad. Run Chord of Calling above it. Chord searches for any creature, providing essential need for less specific. And it could be cast as an instant.

Chord Of Calling is already in there o.o

This deck, pre-adjustment, would maybe get a creature drop by turn 9 or so, and I'd just get floored by everybody and their grandma. It's more the fact that I can't get a high amount of lands fast enough, than access to the multiple colors. Plus, still kinda iffy about harming myself for it, since this deck has an absurd start-up time.

If you really think it's for the best, I'll add them back in, just needs tips on where to make room. Gharial and Sun's Zenith are two places I can cut, anywhere else?

Actually: keep green sun's. And add Dryad Arbors. Everybody likes 1 mana ramp spells!

Would you mind explaining how it works? I'm looking at it on Cockatrice, and I can't tell if it's played as a land, or a creature, or what. It also doesn't appear to have a cost o.o

It is both a Land and Creature. You can only play it as a land. You can't play it if you already played a land that turn.

It isn't a spell. It doesn't have a cost because it isn't a spell. Because it is a creature, though, it cannot tap or attack the turn you play it.

That's...very awkward sounding. I'll give it a go.

That's...very awkward sounding. I'll give it a go.

Want more information?
I'll put it into more MtG terms. I just didn't think you knew them.

Dryad Arbor is classified as both a Creature and a Land. But it isn't a spell, so it doesn't use the stack. That means it can't be responded or have a cost. You don't cast it. Like a land, it is played and can be the only land you play that turn. Because it is a creature, it is affected by Summoning Sickness, which means that it cannot tap or attack that turn it is put into play.

Dryad Arbor is and will be the only creature land because of how much it screws up the rules.

Want more information?
I'll put it into more MtG terms. I just didn't think you knew them.

Dryad Arbor is classified as both a Creature and a Land. But it isn't a spell, so it doesn't use the stack. That means it can't be responded or have a cost. You don't cast it. Like a land, it is played and can be the only land you play that turn. Because it is a creature, it is affected by Summoning Sickness, which means that it cannot tap or attack that turn it is put into play.

Dryad Arbor is and will be the only creature land because of how much it screws up the rules.

So, does that mean both cards that affect creatures and/or lands (specifically, in the case of searchers) can fetch it?

So, does that mean both cards that affect creatures and/or lands (specifically, in the case of searchers) can fetch it?

Yes. Chord, Green Sun's, etc. can fetch it.

And so can Verdant Catacombs, Misty Rainforest, etc.

Just for the record, it has a color indicator in the most recent printing; It's color is green.

Since you are running blue, and this is indeed commander, I feel that you ought to be running Gomazoa or Vortex Elemental, if not both. Also, I recommend looking into some of the Evoke creatures, notably Mulldrifter. It is always nice to draw some cards. Since you are running Pestermite, tossing in Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker wouldn't hurt at all, and gives you another way to combo out. If you do toss in Kiki, a Deceiver Exarch and Splinter Twin would assist in the consistency of comboing out.  

Since you are running blue, and this is indeed commander, I feel that you ought to be running Gomazoa or Vortex Elemental, if not both. Also, I recommend looking into some of the Evoke creatures, notably Mulldrifter. It is always nice to draw some cards. Since you are running Pestermite, tossing in Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker wouldn't hurt at all, and gives you another way to combo out. If you do toss in Kiki, a Deceiver Exarch and Splinter Twin would assist in the consistency of comboing out.  

Kiki was actually in teh original copy of this, funnily enough:P

I might take the deck a little differently, one of my mentors on Cockatrice showed me his build, so I'm going to try and mash these two to fit my style a little better.

Also considering making an Izzet EDH, and something with black. (Animate Dead is funny)

For Izzet, the best option is probably Niv-Mizzet the Firemind. Crazy fun deck to run. As for "something with black," I DARE you to run Phage the Untouchable.

Yeah, he was pretty funny when I looked at him. :P I started looking at a few Izzet EDH decks, but they all run extremely similar, so I may end up net-decking and just watching for dead plays.

Phage made me laugh, until I realized I haven't been able to use a Commander yet anyway. :P

Archived