Entice [Avatar Archive - 94 and counting]

Smear

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not all that trained or knowledgable in art theory, but I would still like to offer up a spot of criticism if you're willing to take it.

A lot of the avis feel repetitive, possibly simplistic. As if the only real changes made to them was rendering one image, placing it on a new background, then changing the tint and exposure.

Just my thoughts. Some of these are really nice tho :>

Keep experimenting.

I'm not all that trained or knowledgable in art theory, but I would still like to offer up a spot of criticism if you're willing to take it.

A lot of the avis feel repetitive, possibly simplistic. As if the only real changes made to them was rendering one image, placing it on a new background, then changing the tint and exposure.

Keep experimenting.

...then, add a texture, and this is the definition of how to make avatars  :B (and then, go on my gallery, where avatars are far better)

A lot of work isn't synonym of a good work, btw

My favourites :

102nsi0.png qzqezd.png 10da540.png wmo2ep.png 14ieyom.png 25086ex.png xg03dh.png 2872mwo.png 2rek2zo.png

jszfw6.png 2n081zq.png Dk2wizz.png JnVJ89D.png jmqb0cA.png 6RzPH06.png 2zp8pjb.png MUJflRf.png

You can suppress the others

#1 nice

#2 really nice ; top8

#3 okay

#4 you ruined the stock

#5 cool

#6 really nice ; top5

#7 nice ; top8

#8 nice

#9 clean

#10 cool

#11 nice ; top8

#12 top1

#13 top2

#14 top5

#15 good

#16 I don't want to see the entiere stock ; top5

#17 nice

Keep experimenting.

Fair enough haha. Most of them are repetitive because they work as avatars, I mean they're supposed to be viewed individually, not all together so there's no need to make them less repetitive.

And I'm more into the simplistic changes for an avatar than the abstract type(i.e Cauchemar). Most of the avatars are definitely a lot more than that, but albeit there are a few exceptions. (the most recent one, the babymetal one and the wheatley one are a few examples)

I'm not one to go too far out of my comfort zone. I know I really should and that'll help me develop a really unique style of art, but I just don't usually have enough motivation. I'll start experimenting from now, but I like to make it safe. I mean people order avatars after seeing the ones available, so I can't really stray too far from what they're expecting to receive. I guess I'll make multiple versions of the same one haha

...then, add a texture, and this is the definition of how to make avatars  :B (and then, go on my gallery, where avatars are far better)
A lot of work isn't synonym of a good work, btw

My favourites :

102nsi0.png qzqezd.png 10da540.png wmo2ep.png 14ieyom.png 25086ex.png xg03dh.png 2872mwo.png 2rek2zo.png

jszfw6.png 2n081zq.png Dk2wizz.png JnVJ89D.png jmqb0cA.png 6RzPH06.png 2zp8pjb.png MUJflRf.png

You can suppress the others

Haha Cauchey I knew you'd have that Hatsune Miku one, it's the closest out of all my avatars to your style.
I'm a bit upset you didn't have my favourite one in there :'(

AND I WILL NEVR. I shall catch up to you in avatars
lol prob not im too lazy

I personally feel it's entirely down to perspective on Avatars, the reason why I commonly repeat the same boring effects is because I like the way they look, I think the problem with repetitiveness lies with creating bad looking avatars and not changing the style.

Archived